ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Life was very hectic for Mandy, she hardly had any time to relax nowadays. There was always something or the other going on, if not in her personal and professional life, then most definitely something was always happening in her virtual life on IF. 

But today was an exception - Mandy was going to have the much awaited "me" time and that too with a group of close friends. 

"Don't I just look great?" Mandy complimented herself, whilst giving the final touches to her make up. Dressed in a sleeveless peacock coloured dress with a pair of nude heels, Mandy was ready for the exciting adventure that lay ahead for her today. 

10th of March, a normal day for many but a special one for some.. today marked a celebratory occasion for Mandy and her family and friends, for it was the day she graced this world many years ago (ok maybe not so many, we don't want her feeling she's ANCIENT😆)  and today was no different birthday yet still a tad different.  

Mandy was reviewing her calendar and looked super excited. She had been waiting for this day since over a month.  Wondering what happened a month ago? Well, hua ye ke news broke out in her local area that the nearby newly renovated set that was originally going to be used for shooting a daily soap was now being used as a film set. And not for any film set... but for Anushka's forthcoming movie. Knowing how this would be once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity, Mandy and her friends decided to take a day out of their busy lives and gate-crash the film set. "Oh my God! I am finally going to get to meet Anushka at her shoot. This is going to be so Amazing!" 

Mandy was ready and about to walk out the door, when the phone rang. Frustrated at the interruption, Mandy answered the call. It was Tanu..."Hey Mandy, I just wanted to wish you a.."

Mandy interrupted and said, " Yeah, yeah, I know you wanted to wish me good luck for today and also warn me to behave when I meet Anushka today!" Mandy rolled her eyes, "I know Tanu, we went through how I should behave last night...plus you will be there to see it so why are you calling me?"

"What? No! I called to wish you a Happy birthday Ms Anushka Bollywood Crazed...tumhara pehle wala naam hi perfect tha."

"huh... birthday? My birthday is on 10th March Tanu" Looking back at her calendar to see today's date, Mandy realised it was indeed her birthday. "Oh crap, today is 10th March"

"Erm, yeah, why else would I wish you? I may be your co DT in BWF, but I am yet to lose my sanity Mandy" 

"Oh Shut it! It happens ok, sab ke saath kabhi na kabhi hota hai aisa. Now will you stop pulling m leg and let me come to our planned meet up place?"

Tanu stopped laughing and suddenly turned serious; "Oh about that Mandy, there's bit of a problem" "What problem?" "Well hua ye ke, I can't make it!" "WHAT? Why not?" "I have a dentist's appointment which I can't postpone as he is going on vacation tomorrow." Mandy was disappointed but before she could say much, Tanu had hung up. Mandy turned to leave the house, when the phone rang again. This time it was Arnisha... there was too much noise in the background to even understand a word Arnisha was saying but what she gathered was, Arnisha's mum had dragged her to a family friend's wedding. That was another friend off the list. Immediately after finishing Arnisha's call, Deepz had rang informing Mandy how she couldn't come to the film shoot as she had an upset stomach and was advised to rest.

"Great! you guys are ditching me after planning this gate crash for days and that too on my BIRTHDAY! Mandy was extremely angry, after so long she had managed to make time for some chilling and neither of her friends were able to appreciate what this day and time meant for her. With the only one left to go, Mandy wondered if she should cancel the plan altogether, BUT...

"No Mandy, don't cancel... meeting Anushka may just do the trick. Anushka fever is all you need" she thought, to herself. 'Let's see.'

Mandy reached the studio and much to her surprise, no one was around... no crowd,  no workers working on the set... no one was in sight. "Have I come to the wrong place?" Mandy thought. She walked around trying to see if she could find the entrance or see someone, when suddenly a spot boy ran up to her. "What are you doing here? Come quickly, Anushka madam is very upset and is calling you?" Mandy was taken aback "Calling me? Are you sure?" "Yes of course I am sure, you are her kaam wali bai... quickly go to her... she's had a tiff with Virat sir and is extremely upset. I need to go make an important call." Before Mandy could react to his insult, the spot boy had ran away. "Kaam wali bai?" Mandy repeated looking herself up and down. "Oh wait till I see you kaam wala boy, you'll be sorry for calling me a Bai." Mandy promised herself. She then realised Anushka was upset and waiting for a friendly face to turn to. Mandy walked towards the entrance and entered the film set. 

As much as she loved Virushka's pairing, Mandy was ready to break Virat's head,  she disliked husbands that treated their wives badly. Marching onto the set whilst huffing and puffing, Mandy was in for a surprise...

The hall was dark ("Hello?" she called); and suddenly the lights came on. She heard a loud scream of "SURPRISE!". Arnisha, Deep and Tanu were there and they had decorated the place with balloons and streamers, and a lovely big cake was at the centre of attraction..

Mandy: "You guys? What are you doing here? I thought you all couldn't make it?"

Tanu (sighing): As if we'd ever miss your birthday Mandy? (They all hugged Mandy who had tears of joy in her eyes) Chal Mandy, ab time waste mat kar yaar! close your eyes to make a wish and blow the candles away.

Mandy closed her eyes and just before she was about to blow out the candles, she heard 2 familiar voices wishing her "Happy birthday Mandy"

Mandy turned and her jaw dropped. Anushka and Virat stood right in front of her with a lovely bouquet.  Tanu narrated how they gate-crashed the venue last night and convinced the set management to delay the shoot till after Mandy's birthday and allow Virushka to celebrate Mandy's birthday on the set. "I love you guys so much" said an emotional Mandy. 

Mandy was speechless and overwhelmed to hear the effort her friends went through to make this birthday special. And all she could manage to say was "I love you guys so much".

"Can we all have some cake? I am kind of hungry?" asked Anushka. Still in awe, Mandy cut the cake and they all clicked pictures with Virushka. Anushka wished Mandy once again, before leaving with Virat for their romantic dinner date now that there was no shooting. 

Mandy waved goodbye to Virushka and turned to her friends. Hugging them again, they all broke into a dance. Mandy screamed in excitement: "Thank you guys for the Best Birthday ever!!"

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rang_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

Today is a very special day not only for you but for all your close ones ...😊 Maybe we sound like old grandmas but we all do hope you get everything you ever wished for or even better than you wished. Birthday is a special day to celebrate with special people in your life and we do hope you spend quality time in your prince Charming's  arms 😉

Remember, it is a once-in-a-year event, so ensure you maximize this day in a great and fun-filled way. May you will celebrate many more birthdays to come, in health and in wealth. Have a blast on your birthday.😳

HaPpY bIrThDaY mAnDy! 

Here's a small gift from our side:

Credits:
| ..Acciona23.. | .Leprechaun. | Yuvika_15 |

Edited by Yuvika_15 - 6 years ago
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Happy birthday mandy
have a great day

Riddhima_Pandit thumbnail
happy birthday mandy
enjoy your day
Imqueenofmylife thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Happy birthday my dear, may the bright colours paint your life and you be happy forever. Stay blessed.
sadhnasoumya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Happy birthday dear 
Have a great year ahead 
Sutapasima thumbnail
2filmy thumbnail
Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Happy Birth Day Mandy
Beautiful thread 😃
Arnisha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
heres wishing my baby a very happy birthday have the bestest bday every love you always from the bottom of my heart. you will always be spl big love and hugs you are the sweetest gem stay blessed .. love ove love you. D
WinterStar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Happy Birthday Mandy 🤗hope you have an amazing day 🥳