Ye Un Dino Ki Baat Hai

Of Lonely nights and Wistful dreams - OS

Muggle_Diaries thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi Guys,
I read Minu's post about love: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4959970
It was such a beautiful post. And made me think of various shades of love. Love is all of everything that has been written in the posts. Love is also longing to be with that person. I thought of the leap and the separation of Sameer and Naina. What would happen to that love? How would their love take shape of waiting, patience, and yearning? The result is this OS. 

I am big fan of Ghazals by Hariharan. I listen to his albums 'Haazir' and 'Kaash', my all time favorites, again and again. Kaash was released in the year 2000, but Haazir in the year 1992. I have taken a Ghazal from 'Haazir'. Please do listen to the honeyed singing and the soulful poems of these albums. 

Link to this particular Ghazal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iJzoVDEV8   

Here is the OS. Please let me know what you guys think.

Of Lonely Nights and Wistful Dreams

I woke up to the nightly breeze flowing through the window curtains, waltzing with the moonlight spread across the room. For some reason the night felt longer today. For some reason the night felt lonelier. The fluttering of that letter bought the sound of her voice. The very same letter which would join so many of its brothers and sisters, read and folded so many times, that I do not need to look at any of them to remember the written words and the unwritten longing.

There was no question of going back to sleep. I would wait for those first rays of the sun, hoping it would bring some brightness to my heart filled with despair. I switched on my tape player, for music was the only solace for my soul.

Faint strings of the melody bought the first memory of her, the very first time I had really looked at her.

Koi Saaya Jhilmilaya Raat ke phichele peher...

Phir Mujhe woh yaad aaya Raat ke phichele peher...

With each note, with each beat, my heart found companionship remembering those days when I had a shoulder to lean on. Each word bought back the love which had filled my days and my nights.

Bheegte Lamhe, Sulagti Raat, Aur Tanhayiyan...

Sabne Deewana Banaya, Raat ke phichele peher...

That touch of our hands, the comfort of her embrace, those passion filled kisses; everything is driving me crazy. I could somehow manage my thirst for her during the day, but how do I manage my lonely nights? I am drowning in her memories without any respite. I am waiting for the day when I will hold her again, when I will look into her eyes and find my home.

Humtoh Apne Aap hee se Guftagu karte rahe...

Haal-e-dil khudko sunaya, Raat ke phichele peher...

It is so ironic that, in this huge house filled with so many people, I found myself alone. There is no dearth of people to talk to, but I am silent in my agony. I talk to my dreams, I talk to my diaries, I talk to the moon, I talk to the stars, I talk to that plaster on my wall which is coming off, a mute symbol of the current state of my heart.

Jaate Jaate Ashq saari raat hee jaati rahi...

Aate Aate woh na aaya, Raat ke phichele peher...

The moisture in my eyes would not go away. Every night my pillow is drenched with the tears of longing, tears of unfulfilled desires, tears of joy her letters would bring. I wish I could see her just once, to make sure she is real, that she is still mine. I wish I could see her just once, to tell her that I am hers.

--
Edited by Muggle_Diaries - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TereLiyeMINU thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Aye haye! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Inspired from my post...Me already in heaven's Eden Gardens.๐Ÿ˜†
Hariharan is my one of favs.๐Ÿ˜ƒ And so is your writing ๐Ÿ˜ณ
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The tears would trickle down wetting my pillow covers,forming stains.And next morning,my mother would laugh how I still salivate in sleep and make those stains.
Could i ever make her understand its no more those salivating drops but tear drops.Its no more childishness,its madness..
Its not because I drank water but because ''Ek Duje ke vaaste'' and 'Tere Liye'' played on loop..

With this piece have been thrown to the lanes of yearning,pinning and wistful dreams.Friends say ''mistake'',siblings say ''blunder'' and I say ''favourite mistake''.

If your writings have touched my mind earlier,this one has my soul in it.Falling short of words how to appreciate the piece which has so much connectivity,so much tangled emotions and I am lost in labyrinth of lonely nights just like him.

Splendid writing dear and the song is so touching.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

With love--
Minu

Edited by TereLiyeMINU - 6 years ago
lakku19 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow.. it's really awesome..you have described the feeling so well. 
Samaina_1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Kshithi...I was moved by this post. The phase of separation is one I dread...I can understand the pain separation brings and the longing to be near that one person you love the most...n then despite the trust, there is always a small voice in your head...what if...what if he or she forgets you...what if time turns cruel...you've portrayed Sameer's emotions beautifully yaar...it just touched my heart...written words n unwritten longing...can you give me something on this from Naina's view too? And I would make it a point to listen to the ghazals you've mentioned. 
Love,
Sur
Phoenix100 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
This is so emotional yaar.๐Ÿ˜ญ... Too good.
SixteenAgain thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Beautifully expressed - the forlorn yearning of the heart. This is just how I have imagined it to be.. and I feel Naina's heart will mirror exactly what Sameer is feeling..

I am teary reading your post.

And the gazhal is very heart touching and apt.
smiley_lizi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Such an emotional update Kshithi.
Sameer's emotions just touched heart.
You wrote it so well.
Loved to read it so much.
Waiting for more from Naina also in the next update.
Anjali33 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Deadwaโ˜บ๏ธ
It's just sooo..I'm sorry I'm short of words
You're sheer talent girl๐Ÿ‘
mehraan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Ruladiya..!๐Ÿ˜ญ...Felt emotional n tearyeyed...!I dread for such scene in the show n u hve bought that vision right infront of us as to how terrible n heartbreaking it would be!!..Beautifuy penned down his emotions Kshiti!
Jay_tapori thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Ok first things first i thot only i am t he only one here who has heard the koi saaya frm hariharan๐Ÿ˜Š