~ Member Of The Week #1 ~

Starwalkers thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
member of the week

Hello and welcome to our first ever MOTW. πŸ€—

... ... ... ... ... ...

MOTW is simply a thread where you get to know the members of AS Shop up close and personal. You get to ask them questions during the whole week and they'll answer your questions. Sounds fun doesn't it?

So without further ado I present you our first ever  m o t w

... ... ... ... ... ...

It's none other than the talented...

a f t e r m a t h . .

... ... ... ... ... ...

Here's a sneak peak at some of her creations

Her gallery: aftermath.creations#5

... ... ... ... ... ...

We'll kick this of with an interview. You guys get to ask her all kinds of questions here. Scroll down to the next post for the IV.

Edited by Starwalker. - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Starwalkers thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Tell us a bit about the Vrins behind the scenes. 

I am Virina, 26+, love binge-watching shows, a movie buff, can't stay long away from PS, not an early waker, love pizzas, believer of God, pretty much optimistic in every situation, love books, and can't stay away from home for too long.

How did you get into making edits? Were there any particular inspirations?

My journey in PSing started in 2009 or so during the Dill Mill Gayye days. That forum was filled with talented makers be it from signatures to icons to gifs to vms. It was impossible not getting spell bounded by their creativity and I was glad I was part of that era when I joined IF. Through them I was able to learn and enrich my hands at Photoshop. I think "KaSh acted as the incentive that pushed towards making edits but genuine stimulation came from the folks who were a huge inspirations.

It's almost 4 years since you opened your first gallery. Now you're halfway through your 5th gallery. Looking back how do you feel about your journey? What were the hits and the misses? 

It was an abrupt decision to open a gallery actually. It's been most likely 9 years since i started on Photoshop. When I started, I was editing mainly DMG stuffs back then, later with a couple of friends we opened a combined shop on the AS section but we shut shop after a while. Then on an impulse I decided to create my own gallery. I was not confident with my PSing skills and I sure did not started thinking I would actually get an audience to appreciate my work as I wanted to mature and grind away as a graphic maker. The more you drill the more you hone your skills. 

It's been all and all a satisfying journey for me personally. I started unseasoned and mostly raw and now am satisfied seeing the improvements I've made. I may cringe looking at the old stuffs I've made sometimes but they were a learning process. The hard work  has been all worth it.

What kind of edits are the easiest for you to make and which are the hardest? 

Easiest: Do edits imply avis/gifs as well? If yes, then making gifs/avis are the easiest for me. Because you just need to crop and resize and add some psd to it. 

Hardest: Icon-making. Not particular the hardest though but it's mostly time-consuming. You have to decide the texture background, the fonts, the texts, the cropping and masking and on and on. 

Out of all the stuff you've made till now which is your absolute favorite?

That's a tricky one now. I don't think I've a favorite to be honest because after a while I criticize my own work, telling myself this could have been better. 

Is there a particular style or a type of graphics that you badly want to learn?

Yea. I really want to learn motion graphics. Out from the usual ones we normally do on I-F.

Any words of wisdom for beginners?

Keep practicing and be earnest in whatever you do. Perfection does not reach you within days but it takes time but try loving whatever you do even when you suck at it.

Also be open to criticism, that's the best way to go.

What are your favourite movies, TV shows, books and music?

Movies: The Lion King & Justice League

Tv Shows: Prison Break & Icerde

Books: Love me with lies series & After the Night

Music: True Love

Suppose you get to hold a round table for PSers. Who all would you invite?

Oh! Can I give a long lists?

Dips, Husna, Desto, Aichu, Amna, Roz, Aniqa, Ayesha, Nori, Maham, Sahar, Moni, Alisha and so on. Trust me the list is damn long, but from the DMG fandom, everyone. HA!

rapid fire

A celebrity you'd like to meet.

Wentworth Miller or Matt Bomer

If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?

Einstein

Textures or PSD colorings?

Textures

Describe yourself in 3 words

Totally bindass che!

If you could get into the brain of any graphics maker in IF, who would you chose?

Desto, Dips & Husna!

What is your lifelong dream?

Travel the world.

A graphic style you absolutely hate.

The blending of many gifs altogether.

If you won a million dollars what would you buy?

Travel the world first, and then open a company.

If you could steal the laptop of any graphics maker in IF, who would you pick?

Desto, Dips & Husna!

What is one item you could NEVER live without?

My laptop.

Before you say tata bye bye, share some of your favourite resources with us. 

Sure. I'll link my favorite action/psd/texture from the lot i uses.

Action: 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/texd9dfpxu2xf9s/soft.atn [you need to have a topaz plug-in to be able to use this.]

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vzbgq5x0ghl5yym/gif_action_by_kendiall.atn

PSD:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vfq14jgy1ocqe9r/didyoumissme3.psd

Texture:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/15cpp7n03ufgpoh/TXT2.jpg

Thanks for sharing the resources <3

So that pretty much concludes our short Interview. 

Now it's your turn to grill her. You all can ask her questions about anything πŸ˜†
Edited by Starwalker. - 6 years ago
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ah, that was one fun interview! πŸ˜Ž Guess, we all got real lucky that Virina agreed to be our first MOTW and gave us an insight into her world. How could I possibly let go of such a chance to grill the lady?  So, here are my questions.

1. How much of visualisation or planning/preparation goes into your work before you start working on it? Be it anything you make, edits, gifs or icons. Particularly the icons though. As in do you have a clear picture in your mind as to what the outcome is going to be or rather should be or do you just go with the flow?

2. What's your PS mantra? Do you PS because it's a creative outlet or do you see it as means to express yourself?

3.  How do you deal with or come out of the PS blocks (like how writers have writers block)?

4. Do you think there will be time where you won't be a part of IF anymore and will move onto other platforms? (Godforbid that day though 😳)

5. Would you ever consider pursuing PS professionally? 

PS Desto, this initiative is such a good one! 

Edited by .annihilation. - 6 years ago
melodyofflowers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Hey V Di Congratulations on winning the first motw πŸ‘πŸ‘ you truly deserves it

1) what was the first thing which brought you towards PS?

2) what are the 3 points or topics on whom you want to use PS more?

3)Do you use PSD more or your own coloring.

4) whats your first preference, request or your own ideas?
Edited by ColorDreams - 6 years ago
StayStrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
heyy celebrations for our first MOTW:

@aftermath: I hope you enjoy your grilling sessions on your hot seatπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Waymaker thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Girls, i think am visiting AS section pinned posts for the first time in ages. 
Thank you for making me the MOTW for this first week. I had a fun time pretending Desto was Anastasia and I Christian Grey for this IV. Ok kidding.

I'm going to visit this place more often and oh thank you for the kind words Desto!

Btw more than my edits, am freaking bowled over that MOTW edit. Holy moly, you made it right? It's brilliant. I keep pausing there when am opening the thread.

What's this grilling session now? This is scary. You all deffoo[get lost]

Edited by aftermath.. - 6 years ago
Waymaker thumbnail
Originally posted by: .annihilation.

Ah, that was one fun interview! πŸ˜Ž Guess, we all got real lucky that Virina agreed to be our first MOTW and gave us an insight into her world. How could I possibly let go of such a chance to grill the lady?  So, here are my questions.

1. How much of visualisation or planning/preparation goes into your work before you start working on it? Be it anything you make, edits, gifs or icons. Particularly the icons though. As in do you have a clear picture in your mind as to what the outcome is going to be or rather should be or do you just go with the flow?

2. What's your PS mantra? Do you PS because it's a creative outlet or do you see it as means to express yourself?

3.  How do you deal with or come out of the PS blocks (like how writers have writers block)?

4. Do you think there will be time where you won't be a part of IF anymore and will move onto other platforms? (Godforbid that day though 😳)

5. Would you ever consider pursuing PS professionally? 

PS Desto, this initiative is such a good one! 

This cracked me up. πŸ€£ Alright onto your questions now.

1)     When an idea triggers me, I normally brainstorm a lot. Then i unleash the ideas on the Photoshop canvas. I can take a day or two before I start working on them. But the process on the finishing outcomes can take me more than a couple of days. It depends though, each edits/icons/gifs have their own concluding timelines. But i must say the icon-making takes longer to finish, probably a week. Especially if am trying something new. I don't normally have a clear picture of what i want to achieve all the time but while working sometimes the concept changes and takes another form. I like working with the flow because you never know what kind of styles you might caught you unaware.

2)     PS Mantra: Practice makes perfect. It's true, I've seen myself grow only by practicing persistently. Photoshop is my comfort zone. It's more of a creative outlet than a means to express myself.

3)     AHH Yea. We all go through this one, right? I go through galleries like yours on IF, stalk the old creations, even takes a memory down the lane with my old stuffs, brain waving how to renew them. I go on sites like deviantart, tumblr, livejournal, etc. So you see it's normal if we lack ideas. A break is needed after a while, for you to bounce back with dazzling ideas. You just need 2% of inspiration to get you kick started. That's why I go around and try getting inspired by other people's work.

4)     I've thought about it a lot of time. I even thought I'll be quitting after I open my first gallery but I did not. But you never know, only if life gets busy I'll be saying goodbye to I-F. Don't see that happening anytime soon.

5)     I've already started graphic design professionally. But am on the baby phase right now.

Felt like a freaking Celebrity😎

Waymaker thumbnail
Originally posted by: ColorDreams

Hey V Di Congratulations on winning the first motw πŸ‘πŸ‘ you truly deserves it

1) what was the first thing which brought you towards PS?

2) what are the 3 points or topics on whom you want to use PS more?

3)Do you use PSD more or your own coloring.

4) whats your first preference, request or your own ideas?

So much compliments makes me feel like am trapped somewhere.

1) KaShians & KaSh

2) As in? People/show/movies i wanna PS? or in different areas of photoshopping?

3) PSD yaar! I suck at psd making. I keep imploring to the talented chicks here to send me there psds. Such is my life.

4) Tricky. Urrg. My own ideas. *look here and there*
Waymaker thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Selcouth-

heyy celebrations for our first MOTW:

@aftermath: I hope you enjoy your grilling sessions on your hot seatπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Thank you πŸ€— I'm feel flattered right now.

Bring it on!!!! ;P
Seraphina231 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Congrats, V! :) 
I have a couple of questions, brb with them! :)