Zindagi Ki Mahek

MehRya SS: His Last Valentine...Epilogue page 35 04/03/18.....

crtkelly thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Something a bit different...

Of all holidays, Valentine's Day had to be the one that restauranteur Shaurya Khanna harboured the most disdain for. Only fools, or those with ulterior motives, had any use for the contrived Day of Love. Once he had been such a fool, but this year he will become the latter, now that life has handed him the opportunity to payback the one who shattered his illusions during a time best forgotten. Sure, he would lose the best chef on his team, but it was the female in question who put herself in harm's way. Did Mehek Sharma  really think she could take up a position at her former schoolmate's restaurant without facing the consequences of the past? But will he give up his plans for revenge when out of nowhere Mehek is suddenly threatened by someone way more dangerous than he? 

HIS LAST VALENTINE

The bouquet was so exquisite, at first glance Shaurya believed it to be part of the mammoth floral order that had been placed to accentuate White Chilis' decor today to appease the patrons who gave the pseudo-holiday the importance it didn't deserve. Bloody Fools: all of them, but their numbers were endless as confirmed by the fact that the restaurant was completely booked for the evening. The provision of an extra romantic atmosphere made decorating the restaurant a necessary evil needed for his bottom line, so Shaurya had reluctantly agreed to the expense. At least, he thought, it wouldn't be a repeat of last year's chintzy explosion of balloons and streamers that Vicky had first proposed. Staring at the arrangement of three dozen flawless deep red roses set in the elegant silver mercury glass vase, he nodded begrudgingly. "These will do. Place them over there on the sideboard. I'll send someone over to receive the remaining arrangements, "he stated satisfied with the quality, but already dismissing the deliveryman. "Vicky!"

The young man called him back, "Pardon me Saab, my instructions are actually to deliver these directly to a Chef Sharma. I was assured that she would be in to receive them."

"Excuse me? What did you say? This isn't my order?"

"Um...uh." The deliveryman stuttered, referring to his clipboard to confirm the delivery instructions. "Recipient: Chef Mehek Sharma care of White Chilli's. Is she in?"

Shaurya looked upon the flowers with new eyes. "Mehek!"

Not only in the open-planned kitchen, but throughout the restaurant, multiple heads turned immediately upon hearing the harsh summons: all but one, who remained entirely focused on her task. In almost complete unison, the others stared at their hapless co-worker, wondering if the tension that had been building for the last two weeks would finally come to a head, with her deliberate ignoring the restaurant owner today. However, just as everyone was sure that Shaurya Sir would completely lose the plot, the woman in question straightened up and looked over shoulder, in the direction the bellow came from.

Shaurya clenched his fists. Even after all these years, and despite being aware exactly what Mehek Sharma thought of him, the guileless expression on her strikingly beautiful face, hit him like a punch in the stomach. Knowing the innocence he saw there to be nothing but a facade, his reaction to her infuriated him. She was still the little cock-tease she had been back in high-school. Judging by delivery she had received, she was still applying her tricks on another unsuspecting fool. Some gullible man who believed that to her, he was her whole world. He watched as her eyes widened when she caught sight of the floral delivery and finally approached. Thank God, Shaurya thought, she would be squarely in his past by the end of the night and she would have no doubts of her place.

In an ideal world, the beautiful display would have come from the man she had loved forever, but when she read the card that had been affixed to it, she was almost as happy when she recognized the scrawling penmanship. Her secretive smile, gave nothing away as to the identity of her admirer, nor did she offer a name, as she replaced the card and its small envelope to the holder. Absently, she collected the arrangement and headed back to her work station.

"Hello, Mehek Sharma, do you really think there is a place for that in my kitchen?"

Mehek stopped, blinking, and then began laughing at herself. "You are absolutely right, Shaurie, I have no idea what I was thinking. It must have been the excitement of receiving them." She looked around the room and then turned back to her boss. "Do you mind if I place them on the sideboard until the end of my shift, Sir? I think they would look lovely resting there, and I will be able to view them from my station."

"Put them down and get back to work," he growled.

Scowling, Shaurya collected the vase and took it over to where he had originally suggested it be displayed. His anger at his chef had increased ten-fold with the utterance of one word, and he had to get away from her, and her deviousness. If she thought herself subtle, by referring to him by the pet-name reserved for those close to him, she was dead mistaken. Once she had leave to call him thus, but no more. Not when he knew the malice behind the dig she had transformed the endearment into. He noticed the card set in the middle of the round bouquet, and unable to help him-self reached for it to learn the identity of her benefactor. Nimbly, an arm reached around before he could, and the slip was whisked away.

"Excuse me, that's private." 

For a minute they just stared at each other, until Mehek swallowed and averted her eyes. "Um...I've almost finished the engagement dessert piece we need for tonight, if you would like to inspect it, Sir?"

~~~~~~~~

Seven years earlier:

Picking up the topic that the entire school was abuzz with, Shaurya attempted to get some information from the girl beside him.

"Are you excited for Valentine's Day, Mehek? Are you hoping for something special?"

The girls beside him shook her head. "I'm not like most of these girls, clamoring for attention and gifts from every boy they know. February 14th is just another day to me, Shaurie."

"Well that's plain wrong. If anyone deserves something special on Valentine's Day it's you, Mehek." He watched his companion's cheeks warm. She probably didn't believe him, and in all honesty, he had no idea when the plumpish teenager, had become so appealing to him, but she had. They would never had crossed paths, if not for her masterful aptitude for calculus which was getting him through the course that could make or break his year. "Tell me, what has been your favorite gift, you've ever received?" He waited for her to tell him, so that he could make sure whatever he got her topped it. The access to his step-mother's money that he had now, would for the first time, be put to a noble cause.

She shook her head again. "I've only received Valentine's gifts from my family, just the usual chocolate," she confessed.

Shaurya put his fingers under her chin, and lifted the bashful girl's head up, so that she could look at him. "Then the boys around here are fools: complete fools," he reiterated. "Bolo, Mehek, what would you like for your first real Valentine's Day gift?"

She stiffened suddenly, and clearing her throat straightened up and  moved away from him. Shaurya looked back over his shoulder expecting to see one of their instructors, or at the very least a prefect glaring at them, but found no one.

"How about your test results, Shaurie? You still haven't told me how you did. A good result would be enough of a gift for me."

"Actually, I'm a bit disappointed with it," Shaurya said, pulling the paper out of his backpack. He passed the sheets to Mehek, whose worried expression had his hormones raging. Surely a pout wasn't meant to be as sexy as hers was. He watched her as she scanned for his mark.

"91%!" Her eyes shot up to his and impulsively she hugged him. "Oh congratulations, Shaurie. I'm so happy for you. How can you be disappointed with this grade?"

Bereft that she had let him go far too soon for his liking, Shaurya grinned sadly. "How can I not, now that I am finally getting this stuff down. If I'm finally understanding it, then that means I won't need tutoring anymore, and if you are not tutoring me, then how will we meet, Mehek? Unless..." He was comforted by the fact that his words had some affect on her when the morose expression his words had caused gave way to a spark of hope.

"Unless, what Shaurie," she asked.

~~~~~~~~

The night was more of a success than he had expected, and on noting who had come for dinner, Shaurya's spirits lifted even higher. This couldn't have worked out any better. All the players were here tonight: it was a veritable high-school reunion at White Chili's tonight. During a brief lull in service, Shaurya came back to meet Mehek. "Okay, we have the ring," he announced. Has the chocolate held up?"

Mehek led him to the cooler were the delicate chocolate orb lay intact waiting for the diamond that would be placed inside of it, and then presented to one very special woman.

"Be careful with it, Mehek, I suspect this cost a fortune," he said opening the box and displaying the enormous ring to her. She gulped, "My God...this is..."

"Incredible isn't it?"

"If you are into that," Mehek replied aghast at the waste of money that lay before her. Obviously wealthy, the groom had to be completely in love, or the biggest show-off known to mankind, she thought.

Shaury frowned at her reaction. She was definitely not hiding her distaste. "Anyway, the plan is that you come out and present the dessert to the bride-to-be. You have done an excellent job by the way. From concept to application, everything is exceptional. Thank you Mehek."

She basked in his praise, reminding him of the teenager he had once adored, and for a minute he was unsettled. But then he remembered and got over the feeling.

"Can you give me about ten minutes notice, so that I can change into a fresh jacket, Shaurya," she asked.

"Oh definitely. Everything should be perfect."

Mehek looked at her watch. The kitchen had officially closed, and she still hadn't been called out to deliver her creation. She wondered what was taking so long, and wished that it would hurry up and happen so that she could leave. Sara, her best friend, and Trey, also a fellow high-school friend, had come to dinner tonight and she hoped that she would have the opportunity to meet them, before they headed home. It would be awful to disrupt their night: especially this very special night for the married couple. Ironically though, the other reason that Mehek was anxious to get out of here was because of another set of diners. She cast her eyes towards the table, and felt sick to her stomach to see Shruti and her BFF Tanya there. They had also attended school with them, albeit a year ahead. The two biggest witches on campus. Mehek still couldn't believe how someone as sweet as Sara could be related to Shruti. Sara would never have done the things her cousin-sister thought acceptable. And probably still did, Mehek thought maliciously. Both of them; Shruti and Tanya looked like bloody hookers in their obscene minidresses.

"Mehek, it's time."

"Thik hai, Shaurya."

As they passed the sideboard where her bouquet rest, Shaurya stopped suddenly. "Shit," he mumbled, and then looked back at his chef. "Mehek, I need a rose...do you mind?"

"Nahi go ahead, it's okay."

She waited as he took one of the blossoms, and then followed him. Confused still, they circumvented the dining room until she reached the table she had spied from afar. Her eyes darted around as she looked for the man who would propose, and wondered which of the two women were getting engaged. And then she heard the beginning of the conversation that would tear her world apart. "Namaste Tanya, Shruti; you both remember Mehek don't you?"

Bitch 1 wrinkled her nose, "Vaguely, I think," Tanya said.

"She's Sara little friend, you know from high-school."

"The fat girl? Oh yeah, I remember. You do look a little different now I guess."

Mehek blushed.

"Behave Tanya," Shruti retorted, although her eyes spoke of her enjoyment of the situation. "Is this for me," she asked of the chocolate decadence Mehek carried.

"It is indeed. Mehek's very own creation. Happy Valentine's Day, Jaan," Shaurya said.

And then after passing Shruti one of her roses, the only man she had ever loved, got down on one knee to propose to the woman she hated most in the world. Mehek dropped the plate and ran.

"You won't get away with this, none of you. Every police officer in the city will be on the hunt for you as soon as you step out of the door. I personally guarantee it."

His would-be engagement disrupted when the gang of men barged in, Shaurya fearlessly stood up to the thugs, giving his remaining staff time to escape to the back unseen. Ideally all of them would be able to make their escape and raise the alarm.

The leader of the gang, took his revolver and pistol-whipped the hotelier before getting one of his accessories to relieve him of his valuables and then restrain him with the zip-ties they had brought with them.

Shoving the businessman on to the ground when he was done, the thug stood up. He bagged the man's phone, wallet and watch and then handed huge diamond solitaire he had taken from the man to his leader.  "He could be right boss," he growled.

"Nahi, there is no could be, about it. Khanna Saab is absolutely one hundred percent right. The law will be on our tails in minutes, if they aren't on their way to stake out the place already. Which is why we are going to safeguard our exit." The sinister man raised his voice, his next words making it clear why their first act had been to secure all the men present. "It's Valentine's Day boys, and I think it's time to secure our date for the evening," he diabolically announced bringing everyone's attention the three women in their midst.

She had swiped her face in an attempt to hide her tears when her co-worker dashed towards her in the back room. But when the frantic hostess was followed by the kitchen porters in the same condition, Mehek realized that something was wrong. And that's when she heard the cacophony from the front: the screams and grunts punctuated by a single gunshot. Mehek jumped at the sound.

"We're being robbed, I don't know how many... But they're all armed."

Mehek's concern immediately switched to her friends who were still present in the now closed restaurant and yes, even for the man who had just ripped her heart out. "Did anyone manage to press any of the panic buttons," Mehek asked, as she tried to tune into what was happening in the front of the building.

"I don't know, I don't think so."

"Don't worry about it, we will call for the police, but first thing first we need to get out of here. Head for the back door...quietly, call the emergency number as soon as you are outside" she instructed the hostess. "I'll be right behind you."

"I have a safe...in the back room," Shaurya pointed out, hoping the prospect of more money would sway the men, from their leader's suggestion. "You can have everything in it, plus tonight's taking, just leave..."

The burly leader of the group who had invaded White Chili's grinned maliciously. "Oh, don't worry, we will surely help ourselves to contents of your vault, Shaurya, but, that won't be the only thing we will be leaving with." His eyes strayed, and then he nodded to one of his cohorts. The man walked over and grabbed the hand of the woman his boss had indicated and brought her in front of the man.

"Sara...No. Don't you touch my wife, you bas***d. I'll f**king kill you." 

Instantly a weapon was trained on the man, and the frightened woman tore away from her captor to run to her husband. She threw her arms around him sobbing. She screamed when she was ripped away from Trey and taken back to the leader.

"Hello again, Jaan... Sara is it?"

The hysterical woman shook her head. "Please no," she sobbed. "Don't hurt him, please," she begged with folded hands.

"Aw you are sweet," the man said. "Not to mention very pretty." He raised his hand to her shoulder.

Behind her, Sara, heard the sound of a struggle, followed by the sound of flesh connecting with flesh. She resisted turning around, as not to anger the man any more than he was already. "Please don't hurt me. I'm pregnant," she stated. "I'm going to have a baby."

Amazingly, her words had some effect on the man, and he smiled softly. "Well that changes things just a bit." He looked over her shoulder in the direction of the young woman's husband who looked poleaxed. The goon's eyes returned to Sara, now narrowed with suspicion. "You're not lying to me are you now, Sara?"

"Nahi, I just found out." She turned around and faced the man she loved. "I was going to tell you tonight when we got home. We have our first doctor's appointment in two days."

His eyes full and his lips trembling, the man nodded to his wife. "I love you Sara."

"Oh, this is sweet. Congratulations to you both, but you were my first choice Sara. What am I to do now?" He looked over to the two women who had tried to make themselves as inconspicuous as possible. "Would either of you care to take sweet Sara's place, and guarantee us safe passage away from here. Either of you?"

Both women stood silent. Tanya turned her head away, refusing to even acknowledge the situation.

"Shruti di," Sara called out in a desperate appeal to her older relative. She knew a moment's relief when her cousin stood tall and looked squarely into the face of man holding her sister. "I wouldn't believe a word she's said. She's definitely lying." 

Across the room, Shaurya closed his eyes in disgust. He understood that the women were frightened, but he couldn't believe that this woman: his almost fiance had just betrayed her young cousin the way she had.  Trey's shout had him opening his eyes again. The leader had made a decision and was now about depart. Things were about to turn ugly real fast.

"Stop!"

Almost to the door, the man leading Sara away, turned, as did his compadres, to see the  new addition to their group: a blotchy faced chef standing there.

"She's not lying. She sent me a picture of her home test. She is really going to be a mother. Please don't hurt her," Mehek begged with folded hands. She pointed at her own chest. " I'll come with you. Take me instead, but just leave her be...please."

Edited by crtkelly - 5 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

crtkelly thumbnail

Chapter 2

"Aacha, a late comer to the party. And who exactly are you, Miss?"

Mehek refused to cower, despite the fact the she was staring down the barrel of at least two guns, perhaps three, of the criminals who now had her in their sights. She couldn't afford to, not while the hand that clasped Sara's showed no signs of relenting. She swallowed and raised her hands to show that she was no threat, before she answered. "Mehek...Chef Mehek Sharma," she answered grateful that her voice didn't waver. "I will go in Sara's place, she affirmed, even more resolutely this time.

She waited an answer from the man in charge of this plot.

"Where have you been all this time, Chef Mehek Sharma?"

"In the back room - the staff room."

"Using your phone," the man asked suspiciously, of the device that the young woman held aloft. "Did you call the police, Chef Sharma?"

"Nahi, I did not," Mehek answered.

The man was quick off the draw, "But they have been called?"

"Haan, I instructed my coworkers who escaped out the back, to telephone as soon as they got out of the building."

The men surrounding the leader uttered their disquiet.

"f**k...we have leave now Boss, they have to be on their way," the one closest to him insisted. He was ignored.

"If there was ample time to escape, Chef Mehek Sharma, why did you not escape with your co-workers? You could have saved yourself."

Mehek dared for the first time to glance at Sara, knowing that she wouldn't be able to hide her emotions any longer. Her eyes filled with tears that spilled out in fat droplets that ran down her cheeks, on seeing her friend's desperate state. "Sara screamed. I couldn't save myself knowing that she was in some sort of danger."

The man stared at her silently for a minute. "Loyalty is an admirable trait in a man and more-so a woman. So very few of your gender can claim the attribute."

"She's my best friend, I would do anything for her."

"Boss..."

In a flash the man swung his hand around and slammed the muzzle of his gun against the forehead of the man who had interrupted him. "Shut.The.f**k.Up...I am having a conversation. Excuse the interruption Chef Sharma," he said when he turned back to her. "Now where we? Aacha, you the good friend have offered to spend Valentine's with us."

"Haan...if you release Sara."

The gun in his hand perversely stroked Sara's shoulder length hair, when he turned his attention to his hostage. "So beautiful," he murmured.

The young mother-to-be started to hyperventilate.

Mehek panicked, thinking her effort a failure. "Haan Sara is beautiful, she has always been. But what does beauty amount to when the woman in question is unwilling? She will prove more trouble than she is worth."

An arched eyebrow let her know that she had gained the man's attention. He turned back to the chef. "And you are...willing?  Now that is a surprise. I wouldn't have pegged you for the partying type Mehek Sharma."

"I'm not."

"We are bound to be in quite the celebratory mode, my men and I. We have yielded much from such little effort. Are you certain you wish to come with us, Jaan?"

She was already dead inside Mehek thought, so what did it matter anymore. Just as long as Sara and her baby were safe, but even now her friend was shaking her head in denial. "Release Sara and I will go with you."

"Stop Mehek, Bhabhi...stop."

Beside him, Shaurya heard his brother's whispered plea, for their chef to stop interacting with the goon whose fixation was slowly, but definitively turning from Sara to her. If even his usually oblivious bhai could see, that then how could she not be aware? Or was her naivety simply an act to buy them time? Either way she was treading on thin ice.

Vicky called out to him, "Bhaiyaa don't let her do this. You're the only one she will listen to."

Somehow, Shaurya doubted that to be fact, but he knew he couldn't let things get any worse. It did not bear thinking what would happen should either woman leave the property with the bunch; their leader especially. He had to step in somehow.

"You have me intrigued Jaan, but I am a wise man. I can clearly see what I am getting with fair Sara, but that ensemble truly is a bad look on you Mehek. Shall we see what we are working with then? Start with that hat: it does nothing for you, Jaan. Take it off. And then get rid of the coat."

It took no effort to jump into the fray, when he heard that demand.

"Bas, enough of this bullshit! Mehek sit your ass down and shut up!  Don't you dare remove a damn thing!"

"Shut the hell up, Shaurya Khanna, you have no rights over me," she retorted bitterly... not any more she thought, as she reached up to follow the command she had been given.

"I'm your damn boss, and you know the rules. As long as you are on White Chili's property, you remain in complete uniform."

She paused, and then faced him for the first time. She walked over to where he was trussed. He had managed to get into a sitting position, but was still rendered helpless. "Ah well, that's not a problem...not anymore." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a slip of paper. "I had plenty of time to put this together while I was out back," she said. "My resignation in writing Khanna Saab. I quit." She placed the graph paper into the breast pocket of his jacket, securely behind his handkerchief.

"Mehek, if you do this, there is no turning back," he warned her under his breath.

She choked on a sob, that she was unable to hold back, and then dared to look into the eyes of the man who had held her heart captive for so many years.  She knew what she was saying, and his backhanded compliment tore her to pieces.

~~~~~~~~

Seven years ago...

...if you are not tutoring me, then how will we meet, Mehek? Unless..." He was comforted by the fact that his words had some effect on her when the morose expression his words had caused gave way to a spark of hope.

"Unless, what Shaurie,"she asked.

"I have something for you: an assignment to complete, he said, handing her a folded sheet of graph paper. "Be prepared to hand it in at my next tutoring session. If the answer is right then we will know what to do next."

He had packed his bag up then, and got ready to leave the library, but stopped in his tracks when he turned to say goodbye to her.

"I love your hair Mehek," he said distractedly, suddenly reaching for her. She followed his direction, and their hands collided. He smiled, and she sighed in frustration on realization that yet another of her hairpieces must have snapped and her standard ponytail had been destroyed. Her thick tresses were the bane of her existence sometimes, but that day when he had shaken his head, he convinced her of the contrary. Her hand fell away, and she allowed him to run his fingers through it. He set it so that it framed her face, completely mesmerized by the effect of the glossy almost waist length waves. "Leave it down for today; for me," he asked. "It's only for a few hours more."

She blushed and then murmured that she would, before he left her alone, but not before reminding her again of the work he had assigned her today. She unfolded the sheet of blocked paper wondering what he wished solved...

~~~~~~~~~

"Dammit Mehek, don't," he ground out as she stood up next to him and, reached for the hat that for more than hygienic reasons he had insisted she wear in his presence.

It was to no avail. She stood and turned away from him, and went ahead: first removing the cap, and then removing the pins and bands necessary to tame the luxuriousness she had been graced with. He watched with trepidation the consequences her actions would bring and saw it straight away, not only in the leader but in some of the others, who had discounted her previously. There was definite interest now. None of the men complained about the need to leave when Mehek reached for the top fastening of her chef's jacket. He did the only thing he could and rolled into Mehek and took her off her feet.

Mehek shrieked, as she fought to get up almost as soon as she hit the ground. She managed to land a hard slap to Shaurya's face as she struggled to regain her feet. Didn't the man understand? She could not risk Sara under any circumstances. Her friend had so much to live for whereas she had nothing. Her eyes went back to the door, and then proceeded to complete what had been ordered of her.

"Stop...enough!"  

The man who held both hers and her friend's fate in his hands, took what Mehek considered a miraculous step, and walked away from the door with Sara. He reached Mehek and after a moment's hesitation released the tearful woman, ordering her to sit in a nearby chair.

Immediately expecting to exchange places with her, Mehek looked to her would be captor for his direction when he didn't immediately do anything but stare at her. "Consider me convinced, not to mention extremely intrigued." He ran his fingers through her hair, and then gripped her nape and brought her close to him. "You are a rare beauty, Mehek Sharma," he drawled. He looked over where the restaurant's owner lay glaring at him. "It's good that you have left his employ. I can't imagine that this was a happy environment for you, Jaan." He released her. "Take care of your friend, get her settled next to her husband. Then change your clothes, and come to me, Mehek."

Shaurya waited for the women to walk away before he confronted the man. "You know that you have little time to escape. Leave now, alone, or I swear none of you: neither you or your men will ever make it to jail; every, last one of you will die before you do! "

"You forgot to mention that they will be slow and painful deaths, Shaurya, or is that only reserved for any of us that dare to come close to the delectable Mehek Sharma? But what am I saying, she's none of your concern is she? If I'm not mistaken you were in the midst of proposing to someone-else, when we arrived weren't you?"

"Employee or guest, it makes no difference. I would protect either. Ms. Sharma is nothing special."

"Thank you Mehek."

"Just promise me that you will take care of her and the baby, bhai."

"Stop talking like that. Help is on the way. They won't be able to leave. You won't be going anywhere," Sara whispered tearfully.

"They're already here I think," Mehek, answered looking at the changed demeanors of the men, who after conferring anxiously with their boss, and had scattered throughout the restaurant. "But I don't think I'm quite off the hook just yet. And I'm afraid that being here doesn't make us immune from bad things happening. Tonight, proved that for sure, don't you think?"

The husband and wife exchanged a look, and realized that she deserved the truth that they had learned not long ago themselves.

~~~~~~~

Seven years ago...

Sara had squealed in delight for her friend when, Mehek had come home to show her what she had been given by the boy she had at first admired from afar, and then had fallen completely in love with. He was her first love and incredibly, inexplicably he felt the something for her too.

"You don't think it's a prank or something?"

Sara answered honestly which Mehek appreciated, "Maybe if it was from some other guy, but not Shaurya Khanna. He doesn't joke. He's like super intense. OMG I can't believe that you being such a brainiac would be so useful in catching a man!"

"You're making it sound like he's ancient, Shaurie is only a year older. But you have a point. It's like so simple and sweet and child-like. Why would Shaurie ask this way?"

"Shaurie is it," Sara teased wiggling her eyebrows. She looked at her friend and then down at the paper. "My guess is that that he sees you for the sweet girl you are, and knew you would like it. He's just romantic." 

The two girls studied the simple but, oh so meaningful question: "Now, how are you going to answer?"  

Mehek, will you be my Valentine?

____      YES

____      NO

"That's my business," Mehek answered.

The two girls were interrupted when Shruti burst into the bedroom. Mehek automatically lost her smile, and slipped the paper between two pages of her text book. Sara's older cousin didn't stay long, but it was enough to raise Mehek's suspicions. Sara immediately noticed the change in her friend's mood. "What is it; what's wrong Mehek?"

"Tanya saw us, saw us in the library today. We weren't actually going over any work."

Straight away Sara understood why Mehek was upset. It was a known fact that some of the older popular girls made it their personal quest to go after guys they knew girls not in their clique liked. How they went about it though was the stuff that fed the rumor mill, some of it pretty scandalous. Both Tanya and Shruti were part of this elite grouping, and for some unknown reason, did not care for Mehek at all.

"Shruti wouldn't allow it this time, cause you're my best friend. You're practically her little sister."

Nothing she could ever say would convince Sara, that Shruti couldn't stand her friend, so Mehek didn't even bother trying. "You didn't see Tanya's expression though," Mehek said, even though it was the other girl she feared more.

"Wait, Sara said. I have an idea. "Let me call my friend Trey, he will help you out for sure."

~~~~~~~

"Bhaiyaa, something's wrong with Mehek bhabi."

Shaurya did a quick headcount and saw that all the gang were accounted for. He then sought out the leader, as saw that he too was there. Mehek he noted was nowhere in sight. He looked over to the married couple who although comforted to be together, looked alarmingly upset. And then he saw her coming out from the back. She had changed into the clothes she had arrived in. He noted at the same time that she was deathly pale. Her eyes looked enormous against her pallid complexion, but he could not see any other ailment affecting her. He could only think that the stress of everything had caught up with her. But then he watched her slide down the wall she stood beside onto the floor and begin crying uncontrollably. He looked at Vicky in question.

"She's taken a knife from the kitchen. Probably the sharpest one from the block."

Chapter3

Edited by crtkelly - 6 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Anuteja10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow nice start Kelly  so they both schoolmates  now she is working in his testorant 
On this special day he is going to propose Shruthi after hearing this she ran away from there  thank god at correct time that goons came and engagement stopped so he doesn't love Ms? When he saw his would be fiance betrayed her cousin he felt very sick 
Now our mahan Mehak came into picture and wants to go with them on behalf of Sara πŸ‘ that is Mehak weldone  
So now what will sk do 
He save her or he went back to his would be fiance
Continue soon
Thanks for the update kellyπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by anuteja - 6 years ago
Krishna537 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful update πŸ˜ŠEdited by Krishna537 - 6 years ago
Houstonmom thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sounds great can't wait to read 😊
crtkelly thumbnail
Originally posted by: AD04

Eagerly waiting😳

postedπŸ˜‰
AD04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for the update Kelly πŸ˜›
Beautiful start of the story .. πŸ˜›
Mehrya is having sweet salty type relationship here . But still not aware of the love feelings which will definitely blossom between mehrya .πŸ˜‰
I can't digest that SK was going to propose Shruti and thank God it was stopped well ahead of the time πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰ . Mehek is the only girl that complements SK only πŸ˜‰
Shruti is such a mean girl and not thinking for once for her cousin state and here we go our mahaan mehek who stood infront of them to save Sara πŸ˜‰
I guess SK definitely will try to save mehek and rest .
Looking forward for the next update .😊
Please continue soon πŸ˜‰
Thanks for the PM πŸ˜›
AD04 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: crtkelly

postedπŸ˜‰

Thanks Kelly for the wonderful updateπŸ˜›πŸ˜Š
Shamz15 thumbnail
Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Res...
Kelly your header is scary 
crtkelly thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shamz15

Res...

Kelly your header is scary 

Come on Shamz you know I dont do scary...although there once was a Saint Valentines Day Massacre in history...insert evil laugh...πŸ˜‰

Enjoy the storyπŸ˜†