Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 years ago
What are box office prospects ?
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Cool to see nice reviews by viewers.  Keep them coming 👍🏼
I'll experience the movie vicariously through you all until I can see it lol.

Thanks!!!
Kaoridz thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maraka_Musso89

Cool to see nice reviews by viewers.  Keep them coming 👍🏼

I'll experience the movie vicariously through you all until I can see it lol.

Thanks!!!

I'm in the same case as no theater is screening it in my town  😭
Hopefully, with its genre and message, maybe if it generates international buzz they may screen it next week.

I_M_SultaN thumbnail
watched it good 1 time watch
has his own audience but surely it will not work that much on smaller centers 

kudos to akki for doinmg movie in this subject he was good in his character

sonam was great his father was good support too but 2nd half belongs to sonam

radhika 😆 she termed as some great actress lol very weak in the movie imo

3.5/5 
Kaoridz thumbnail
International critics are liking it sor far.

For those who understand arabic, this review is very interesting : he praised the story, the cinematography, dialogues and all performances.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAREdZAzoJM[/YOUTUBE]
Kaoridz thumbnail
Latimes review :

Unexpected entrepreneur and activist gets epic musical treatment in India's 'Padman'

By Gary Goldstein
Feb 08, 2018 | 12:50 PM
Akshay Kumar in the movie "Padman." (Sony Pictures Entertainment)

Its subject may seem an unlikely choice for epic movie treatment, but "Padman," inspired by the true story of activist Arunachalam Muruganantham's mission to bring affordable sanitary pads to the female masses of India, proves quite the entertaining, daresay absorbing, movie.

How the title character, a mechanically-inclined everyman renamed here Lakshi Chauhan (the charming Akshay Kumar), bucked a culture that stigmatized menstruation, fought for women's health, surmounted pariah status and emerged as a kind of superhero, is vibrantly tracked by writer-director R. Balki, who, in typical Bollywood fashion, peppers the action with several enjoyable song and dance numbers.

The central conflict involves the relationship between Lakshi and his traditional wife Gayatri (Radhika Apte), who's so mortified by her husband's obsessive interest in the creation and use of sanitary napkins (instead of the rags most Indian women were using) that she chooses to leave him.

Lakshi then takes off in search of the most efficient and economical ways to make and distribute the product he knows will improve and even save women's lives. En route, he meets a business management student (Sonam Kapoor) who aids him on a journey that will culminate in a stirring appearance at the United Nations.

A few plot contrivances aside, "Padman" is a well-told and performed film that compellingly fills its lengthy running time with hope, resolve and exuberance.

-------------

Not rated

In Hindi and English with English subtitles

Running time: 2 hours, 20 minutes

Playing: In limited release

Kaoridz thumbnail
The Guardian :

Pad Man review heartfelt portrait of a feminine hygiene pioneer

4 / 5 stars

The story of an Indian metalworker who devised a low-cost method of producing sanitary pads makes a compelling biopic

Peter Bradshaw

Fri 9 Feb 2018 06.00 GMT Last modified on Fri 9 Feb 2018 11.39 GMT

Challenging taboos ... Padman. Photograph: Sony Pictures

This good-natured, big-hearted film from India puts a romantic topspin on a true story. But it's an engrossing and important subject which was raised by a man who challenged patriarchal taboos with a candour and determination that many men all over the progressive world might shrink from even now.

Twenty years ago, Arunachalam Muruganantham was a metalworker who thought it lamentable that his wife Shanthi and all the women in his community had to rely on dirty rags when they got their periods because sanitary pads were absurdly overpriced. So he did something about it, developing a low-cost machine for making the pads and evangelising for their use all across the country, instituting a revolution in feminine hygiene, ending the toxic masculine culture of silence and disapproval and introducing a vernacular culture of social entrepreneurship.

Akshay Kumar plays the hero (renamed Lakshmi) and Radhika Apte is his troubled wife (renamed Gayatri). Their performances are likable and heartfelt.

SrideviFan4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
. Edited by SrideviFan4ever - 6 years ago
shilpa_akki thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
glad to read some of member's reviews...gradually people are liking this niche movie...
I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: shilpa_akki

glad to read some of member's reviews...gradually people are liking this niche movie...

is movie se 10cr ki opening dena bhut bari baat ha bhai 

small centers and b c centers ma to yeh movie bhut low rahega