Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peeyara thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Happy Birthday Sakshi Tanwar: Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii to Dangal, how the actor redefines 'BOLD and BEAUTIFUL'

Sakshi Tanwar started her career with Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii in 2000 and went on to rule the small screen as Parvati for eight years. On her 45th birthday, we decided to look back at Sakshi Tanwar's journey.

Written By Apoorva Nijhara  Mumbai  Updated: January 12, 2018 01:15 pm  65956 reads  0 comments 

Sakshi Tanwar - the first thing that you would recall about her is the portrayal of Parvati in the popular show Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. She started her career with Ekta Kapoor's daily soap in 2000 as a 35-plus housewife and mother and no one then knew that she will go on to rule the small screen as Parvati for eight years. She became a household name - it was a bold move for a then 25-year-old to play the character of someone who is 10 years elder than her actual age. 

Sakshi has redefined the term 'bold and beautiful' on the small screen. Talking of bold, who can forget her lip-lock with Ram Kapoor in Bade Achhe Lagte Hain. The show was another milestone in her career. She chose to play a 33-year-old unmarried woman in the show. Wasn't it a little hatke choice? Well, all her roles have been unconventional and she pulls off such characters with ease. 

If you go back in the timeline, you would also remember her show Devi. The show was about Gayatri, an orphan and a staunch devotee of Goddess Durga, who gets married to Vikram, the rich and spoilt brat. Vikram even tries to kill her. The tenure for Sakshi in the show was not for long as she decided to walk out of the daily soap. 

Sakshi tried something way too different that you would not even imagine an actor of her strata doing. She went on to become a host for the shows like Crime Patrol and Savdhaan India. Isn't that quite a bold move? 

The actor's journey was not just limited to the small screen, but she also tried her hands on the big screen. Her role in Aamir Khan's Dangal was appreciated by both the critics and the fans. It was a non-glamorous role and giving it full dedication is what Sakshi preached. Aamir, in an interview, while talking about Sakshi said, "Sakshi is skilled, she feels the emotions while doing the scene. I found it rare in an actor. I was struggling and she was all OK. I was taking seven-eight takes and she used to do things in one take. She is such a joy to work with." 

Post Dangal, the actor went to experiment and next in line was a web series called - Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat. In one of the interviews, she said, "Now I am at that stage of my life where I want to experiment as much as I can with the kind of roles that are being offered to me. There are offers which I am considering, but after Dangal, I don't want to do something which can dilute that effect. I am happy to maintain that for the time being." 

Well, if you see the pattern, she is one of the top TV actors who used the web as a platform to express and show her acting skills. In Karrle Tu Bhi Mohabbat, Sakshi was seen opposite actor Ram Kapoor, her Bade Achhe Lagte Hain co-star. Their chemistry worked like magic again and the show truly had its share of loyal fans. 

Sakshi was also a part of TV series 24: Season 2, where she played Shibani Malik, Anti-Terrorism Unit chief. "Shibani Malik was a character that I have enjoyed the most because that gave me one shade to explore," Sakshi said. 

Her journey has been unconventional, powerful and a little hatke!

Happy Birthday!
peeyara thumbnail

Sakshi Tanwar aka Parvati, who turns 45 today, actually wanted to be a software engineer

By Mamta Sonar | Jan 12, 2018 10:41 am
FOLLOW US:

Television queen and ideal bahu Sakshi Tanwar, who was famous for her role as Parvati in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, and was also seen in Dangal as Aamir's wife turns 45 today. Sakshi got name and fame from Ekta Kapoor serial Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki in 2000, and with the role Parvati, she ruled audience's heart.

In 2011, she was featured in Bade Acche Lagte Hain as Priya Kapoor, opposite Ram Kapoor. The show has good TRPs and ran for almost 3 year. But, she actually made her television debut in 1998 with Albela Sur Mela. Sha was also seen in shows like Devi, Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin, Balika Vadhu, 24: Season 2, Karle Tu Bhi Mohabbat and others. However, this stunning actress initially dreamt of being a software engineer. It was only when Sakshi Tanwar failed her entrance examination that she decided on taking up acting as a career.

She will be seen in the controversial soon-to-release Mohalla Assi. In Dangal, she plays the wife (Daya Kaur) of Aamir Khan (Mahavir Singh Phogat), who trains his daughters to be world-class wrestlers.

Mohalla Assi is a satirical film starring Sunny Deol and Tanwar. The film was embroiled in a legal battle with CBFC over content, and is finally set to release in theatres shortly.

According to rumours, Sakshi Tanwar was said to be secretly married to a business tycoon. However, the actress has denied this. When contacted, she replied to a leading daily, "There's no truth in it. In the past too, there were reports claiming that she was married but the actress puts all speculations to rest.

Sakshi Tanwar has created a niche for herself with her acting prowess. She is a familiar face in every household, all thanks to the strong roles that she has portrayed on-screen. In a survey conducted by Ormax media, Sakshi was amongst the top five most trustworthy celebrities along with Madhuri Dixit and Katrina Kaif.

AkshitaJadon thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Happy birthday sakshi tanwar
peeyara thumbnail
Ali AsgarVerified account @kingaliasgar
FollowFollow @kingaliasgar
More

Happy birthday partner

6:32 PM - 12 Jan 2018
peeyara thumbnail
ALTBalajiVerified account @altbalaji
FollowingFollowing @altbalaji
More

Be it with her beautiful smile or brilliant acting, she steals our hearts every time. Here's wishing #SakshiTanwar, a happy birthday! #ALTBalaji

11:05 AM - 12 Jan 2018
peeyara thumbnail
Mushtaq ShiekhVerified account @shiekhspear
FollowingFollowing @shiekhspear
More

Happy Bday Sakshi You have always stood apart from the rest of the pack that's what makes you unique & stunning! You are all soul, all real. Stay yourself. Stay blessed & keep that smile sexy! Love you. Biggg hug#loveher #friendslikefamily

1:01 PM - 12 Jan 2018
sririt thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Happy Birthday Sakshi Tanwar.
Wishing you successful year and beautiful life ahead
sakshi5050 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Wish you a happy Birthday Sakshi Madam 
Just love you so much and wish you keep continuing all your success in the upcoming days 
LovingRaYa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Read the articles and wat has written is true
Sakshi tanwar is an amazing person and always gave her 100% irrespective of the role either is big or small.
She perform with very much ease and love her very much.
Happy birthday to you Sakshi tanwar

A very beautiful thread made by u my dear friend.
LovingRaYa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Kavita Kaushik
@Iamkavitak
Happy birthday to the sister I should have got when I was a child but der aaye durust aaye ! #family #badi

Edited by LovingRaYa - 6 years ago