AyeRa/PreeDit A Horror Story FF NEW! FINALE PG12

Posted: 6 years ago
Please note this story contains elements of horror and is not going to be PG so not for the faint hearted!
Samaina features in this story too which is set in a totally different context and time to the show. 

Dedicated to all those Preedit fans out there

Featuring: 

Raghav 

Ayesha

Rohan (Mukul Raj Singh)

Randeep

Ashi

Chapter 1 HIM

Dead eerie silence pervaded through every nook and cranny in the house. The walls bled with inky blackness absorbing every minute sound in its darkness. Nothing stirred. No rustling of leaves from the trees just outside the window, no creaking infrastructures of the pipes and woodwork nor even the rhythmic ticking of the bedside clock was heard as Ayesha lay prostrate on her bed holding her breath. Deep deathly silence. A bead of sweat trickled down her face. Eyes wide open straining to catch even an outline of a shape amid the blackout. The deep black void plunged her so deep that she was unable to let out so much as a quiver from her voice. She was terrified but could not shift any part of her now immobile body that lay frozen to her bedsheets. For there was something in here with her sitting at the corner of her room that glided over to her side. A shadow that grew and towered over her eclipsing the fraction of light left in her vision stifling and suffocating the the air around her while her breath hitched in her throat and she simply lay there helpless in utter terror while all her senses abandoned her. And her thudding heart came to a stop.

Ayesha opened her eyes to a racket of noise outside shattering the tranquility of the early hours of the morning. She had woken up drenched in sweat, her nightdress stuck to her skin and hair clung to her face and her first thought was to rectify her immediate discomfort. She slid her cover off and moved languidly towards the window, with heavy darkened eyes squinting against the harsh brightness of the morning that bathed her room from dark to light as she prised the curtains open. She pulled open her window inhaling a lungful of the fresh air drifting in, enjoying the breeze that rippled through her clothes drying out some of the night sweat.  She closed her eyes savouring its early morning coolness before the soaring summer heat that would later settle into the morning. 
Down below was the boy from next door who had been scrambling with his bike, a cigarrette in his mouth wearing just a rather ripped vest on tattered jeans,  with hair plastered to his skin a proof that he had been labouring away for quite some time in the heat. He had stopped at the sound of the creaking window and was watching her now. Silently.
She opened her eyes to his sight and felt a shiver raising her hairs on end over her body. There passed a good few seconds as the two watched each other and it felt like a never-ending moment although it was over in a matter of seconds.
Ayesha was rooted in spot transfixed by his gaze experiencing an odd sensation as if she had been through this before.  The boy took the cigarette from his mouth and flicked it away, he continued to eye her as if nothing else could intrigue him more, an ambiguous smile creeping on his lips that reached his eyes too. She returned the subtlest of a smile before pulling her curtains on him and steadied herself to sit on her bed again feeling slightly giddy.
'Ayesha, what are you like?' She said to herself shaking her head. She glanced back at the window and absent mindedly moved to it again peering out from the curtain half expecting to see him. But he had gone.
After a refreshing shower Ayesha slipped into a short summery dress and tied her hair into a ponytail before skipping down the stairs ready to satiate her morning appetite. Memories of the night completely erased with the brief encounter of morning promises. Just as she cane downstairs she was led to a sounds emanating from the living room. Ashi's voice? She sounded like she was out of breath. Ayesha was even more confused hearing another voice with her. What she saw made her stop in her tracks. Her older sister Ashi was snuggling with a boy in the sofa. He had his head buried in her long straight hair and his hand was moving up her thigh.
'Ewww! Chi, chi chi!!' Ayesha exclaimed making the both of them jump.
'Ayesh?!!!' Ashi straightened her dress and smoothed her hair in place while the boy moved away from her ackwardly and combed his hair back.
'How come you're still home! I thought you had class today?'
'I think I should be the one doing the questioning dont you think?'
'Umm, look I may have forgotten to tell you about Randeep' Ashi muttered blushing profusely.
'No kidding!' Ayesha replied appalled for them all and to have caught her own sister in a compromising position. 
'Hi little sister' Randeep interjected cheesily with a guilty look in his eyes. 
Ayesha threw him a sarcastic look and turned her attention to Ashi.
'Ashi how could you?! How long have you been sneaking away to be with your secret boyfriend huh?'
'It doesnt matter Ayesha, stop being so naive. We love each other and just needed some privacy, you know how dad is like.'
'Yeh but, why didnt you tell me? Im your sister. Does Kristina know?'
'Well.. she does only because-'
'I don't believe you Ashi.' Ayesha said disheartenedly and stormed out of the house in a huff. She was always the last to know about things and was getting sick of being second in line. She wouldn't tell on her of course, but she was itching to spill the beans simply because Kristina had been informed first, it affected her that people like Randeep or Kristina took priority to her in Ashis life. But then she decided to just blow off steam and walk it off that way because the last thing she wanted was to get Ashi in trouble from dad. She picked up her pace without looking behind her hearing the fading voice of her sister as she moved further away. And was so preoccupied by her thoughts that she failed to spot her stalker behind her. He had been on her tail since she left her house and was advancing closer to her. She spun on her heels and came face to face with the same boy she met that morning. In closer view he was very fair, with beauty spots marking his face and what he lacked in physique his boyish good looks made up for, his mass of curly hair was wet from the heat and clung to his forehead and he wore a serious expression on him as he surveyed her.
Ayesha took a step back and furrowed her eyes.
'What do you want?' Ayesha said half curious half alarmed that she had been followed.
'You dropped your bag. Here..' He took a cautious step towards her.
Ayesha took her bag and slung it on her shoulder.
'You came all this way to bring me my bag?'
'You know what they say, love thy neighbour. And since you're my next door neighbour..'
'Thanks' she muttered abashedly.
'Do you have a name?' he asked cooly.
'Its Ayesha'.
'Ahh so your name is as pretty as your face.' He teased.
She blushed, she wasn't used to flattery of this sort, from a boy atleast. 
'Whats your name?' she said quickly trying to divert attention away to a new topic but failing miserably as he smirked seemingly at her embarrassment.
'Raghav. I just wondered if you are alright, seeing as you're new to town..walking all this way alone is not really safe you know..' 
Ayesha became aware of the distance he was breaching as he took another step closer.
'I can keep you company till you reach to wherever you want to reach.' He said enigmatically studying her reaction as she looked away conscious of his gaze on her.
'Uh...thats ok.. thanks. I was just heading to the grocers, which is.. right here..'  Ayesha mumbled and walked backward feeling somewhat unsettled. Raghav brushed a hand through his hair smiling at her.
'Alright, well..was nice meeting you..catch you later' he winked and headed back. Ayesha watched him disappear into distance and a thought sauntered to her mind. Love? Beware thy neighbour more like.

Edited by daenerysnow - 5 years ago
Nice start... i'm sure youll try and keep the Preeti Pandit essence intact in the fiction... we all love them like that😃😳
Please continue soon😃
Exciting
Preeti is just awesome😊
It was funny how she caught SamAina together😆
Her n Pandit's talk was coool
Until their love story start on the show, your story will be interesting to read. Loved this one, waiting for part 2. 
I love Preedit so much and its annoying we arent getting much interaction on the show so really enjoyed reading this from Preetis perspective for a change. This story is quite like watching a horror teen flick, and Im so interested to find out what happens next! Also Sameer and Nainas short scene was hot!
Chapter 2 THEM

Ayesha scanned the aisles searching for some for food. In a rush to leave the house after discovering Ashi with her boyfriend she had forgotten to have her breakfast and had to quell the rumbling from her stomach. 
'I know I know, soon enough' she spoke patting her stomach and receiving odd looks from the shopkeeper.
The only convenience store closest to home and no junk food in sight. She settled on some cereal bar, made her purchase and left the store after a fruitless attempt at engaging the bored shoplady in conversation.
She was about to head back home but swerved her head to the right catching a flash of movement in the woods. Perhaps an animal. The deep ominous woods stretching for miles into wilderness. She would not fancy being stranded on the wide road that ran parallel to it. The neighbourhood was deserted, dead, even the roads were devoid of any commotion, the only sign of life afforded by that one derelict looking convenience store amid the vast bleak and barren landscape and no telegraph pole in sight to reassure her that her mobile would get any signal in such a remote and isolated place. Such disconnect from modern life, how disquieting. She didnt know how she would get used to this after living in a bustling city. The pounding heat of the sun only enforced the lethargic atmosphere that she had felt ever since coming to this place. 
Ayesha walked away mournfully imagining people on the go at every corner. She missed that now, the company of others. Back home it was just her, Ashi and dad. The neighbours kept to themselves and were mostly recluses enjoying the peace and solitary life of the country. So it fascinated her that a young boy her age was living right next door to her. She was wondering where Ashis boyfriend came from while absently walking on the path again. She had only walked a few paces when she felt something dash pass her and she instinctively whipped around to follow its sound. She squinted against the glare of the sunlight streaming through the trees of the woods across the road spotting a rustling of leaves directly opposite, wondering if it were some kind of animal, a stray cat or fox maybe. She paced backwards a few steps and was about to turn away again but her attention fell directly opposite her on a spot in the woods where between 2 trees emerged a vague shape. Sudden dread rose in her chest making her heart beat as the shape revealed itself to be a dark mask. Its empty eyes were staring right at her. Ayeshas eyes widened in fear and she froze momentarily as those vacant set of eyes continued to lock with hers. She gulped and cautiously stepped backwards staggering against the rocky concrete and spun round to face the path homewards. She walked quickly and turned her head round once more. The mask had gone. She wasnt taking any chances and fell into a sprint all the way home not wanting to look back to whatever it was that she had seen.
She swivelled the key frantically into the keyhole and banged the door shut.
Ashi met her in the hallway with a confused expression.
'Ayesha?! Why are you panting?'
'Someone something was following me!'
'Is this another of your pranks? Look Im sorry for not telling you about Randeep. I was-'
'Ashi listen! Someone was following me. I saw something in the woods and then ran all the way back.'
'Ayesha thats absurd, the woods is so far away. Dont tell me you walked all that length?'
'I must have, I dont know, Im scared' she ended hugging her sister tightly. Ashi patted her head. 
'Ill go and fetch you a cold drink and then well talk.'
As she left Ayesha heard a knock at the door. She moved cautiously to the door and looked through the peephole to see Raghav standing there.
She chewed on her lip and stepped back with extreme caution trying not to make a sound.
'Who is it?' called Ashi from the kitchen while Ayesha slapped her forehead. 
'Ssshhh' Ayesha said with pleading eyes as Ashi came out with drinks.
'Stop being paranoid Ayesha and answer the door'.
Another knock.
'Uhhh, we are not home' said Ayesha. Ashi looked at her as if to say now whos being stupid.
'Ayesha, hi its Raghav. Sorry I wont bother you, just wanted to check if youre alright, I saw you running..' he called from the other side of the door.
Ashi raised her eyebrows at the sound of the young mans voice
'Well, well who is Raghav?'
Ayesha made a face and replied to Raghav
'Im fine, thanks for your concern. Just doing my daily jog.'
There was momentary silence before he spoke again. 'Jogging. In a dress.' He said a note of sarcasm in his tone.
'Yes is there a problem with that?' Ayesha replied annoyed.
'No course not. Not for me anyway... see you later.' He said cooly and although she couldn't see his expression Ayesha could sense his amusement from the tone of his voice.
Ashi nudged her sister. 
'So??'
'What? Hes our next door neighbours son, I met him this morning.'
'And??'
'And what? Thats it. Nothing more. Not nearly as exciting as your affair'
'Yeh um about Randeep, you know that dad isnt home for a couple of days, well we booked to go on a movie date later.'
'Super. Leave your sister all by herself while you go out having fun with your secret lover'
'Ayesha, I get it, give it a rest. Im sorry I didnt tell you before Kristina. I was going to say that I cancelled because I wanted to talk to you about everything. The least I can do for hiding it from you.'
'Ugh its fine. Im just still digesting this whole moving houses thing so youll forgive me for being stroppy with all these new changes and what not. You should go on your date, dont ruin your plans for me, besides you wont get a chance like this.'
'Aww my pyari behen, you are the cutest!'
'Well I guess Ill just sit here then, alone, minding my own business, while youll be eating popcorn and sweets..'Ayesha said with a sigh feigning dissapointment
'Of course I wont forget your popcorn pagli'. Ashi chuckled.
'And sweets, dont forget sweets' 
Ashi laughed and hugged her sister close. 

It was evening and Ashi was pestering Ayesha for her opinion on her outfit. She was wearing her standard short black dress and yet appeared to find fault in it.
Ayesha heard knocking at the door and seeing Randeep standing gingerly on the doorstep, opened it. He offered her a smile while she looked at him blankly.
'Ashi theres a weasel on our doorstep for you' Ayesha said turning her head to her sister.
'Ayesha!' Ashi said feeling a bit embarassed by Ayeshas evident dislike of her boyfriend.
Randeep made a face at Ayesha and stepped in while she stuck her tongue at him from behind.
'I hope you behave when the babysitter arrives' Randeep joked.
'What? What babysitter?'
'Hes just teasing you Ayesha.' 
Randeep eyed Ashi from head to toe
'Hey beautiful' he said walking up to her and slowly winding his arm round her waist pulling her near to him.
Ayesha put her hand to her face to block the view and tried not to cringe as Randeep kissed Ashi on one cheek then the other. 
'Yuck' Ayesha voiced out loudly. Ashi rolled her eyes and held Randeeps hand gesturing to him in their own special boyfriend/girlfriend language. 
'Alright Ayesha, keep your mobile on Ill be contacting you.' Ashi said following him outside.
'Yeh ok. Enjoy.. but not too much' Ayesha said at which Randeep smirked
'Right we will definitely consider it boss' Rndeep said cockily while Ashi slapped him on the arm. Ashi gave a quick hug to her sister before leaving and closed the door quietly behind her. Ayesha curled up on the sofa and flicked through the channels boredly. She switched off the Tv after coming to the decision that nightime tv sucked and instead resorted to her mobile checking her FB and uploading her new status, missing my old college buddies. Of coursey it sucked, she wouldve been out at this time with her friends, going to a gig or having a drink or two. Instead she was stuck in this god forsaken place being pathetic and checking out her friends profiles when a new message popped up from an unknown person. She opened it up and saw a photo that looked familar. Dread formed in the back of her throat as she recognised what the picture was of. Her curled up on the sofa and with the caption, 'feeling comfy?' underneath. She looked behind her and ran to the windows pulling the curtains as quickly as she could not even wishing to look outside. She put the tv on again to drive away the quiet that was beginning to unsettle her to the core. Her mobile vibrated with another message from the unknown number. The caption read 'Guess where I am?' another message with a picture. Her living room at the far end. She needed to get out. She took sharp intake of breath and dashed out of the front door without a moments thinking landing on the doorstep next door. 
She thudded on the door with increasing panic.
'Koi hai!! Open the door!!Pleaaase!'
The door flung open and she fell into rhe arms of Raghav clutching his shirt tightly. He looked at her in alarm.
'Ayesha?! What happened?!' he enquired with deep concern in his voice.
She shrunk to the floor still clinging on to him. He knelt down to her and shook her by her shoulders in attempt to snap her into consciousness as she was looking distant.
He beheld fear in her eyes as she looked at him.
'I ..theres someone in my house.'
'What? Did you call the police?' 
'No. Please call them.' He studied her curiously before standing up to do her bidding and returned. 'Theyre on their way.'
They stood before one another ackwardly in silence. Ayesha fumbled nervously with her hands while he combed his hair back and watched her.
'Come inside, I can get you a drink.'
Ayesha followed him in and glanced around the living room not really attentive to anything in particular. She cursed herself as she realised she must have dropped her mobile as she was running but dared not venture out.
Raghav returned with a can of coke and held it for her. 
'Thanks. Thanks for letting me in, I cant even tell you how scared Im feeling right now.' she said as best as she could without shivering.
raghav grabbed his denim hoodie that was hanging from the hook and gave it to her
'Wear this. Itll keep you warm'
She accepted it gratefully and wore it on top of her dress looking down at her feet. She felt uncomfortable now that the initial shock had passed being in a different house alone with a stranger.
'How are you feeling?' He enquired tilting his head as he surveyed her face.
'Better' she replied for her own reassurance. He sipped on his coke and eyed her with interest before starting to circle her.
'Youve had some day. Running in a dress, getting stalked by someone from inside your house, then landing up at your neighbours who for all you know may be just as untrustworthy as the stranger in your house. Yet you decided to go there, in the spur of the moment. And ill bet my wages that you werent going for a simple morning jog.' He said leaning close to her from behind.
'If youre trying to reassure me youre doing a great job of it' Ayesha remarked sarcastically. Raghav ran his tongue inside his cheek looking at her through narrowed eyes and flopped down onto the sofa with outstretched arms. Ayesha turned to face him and he nodded to the space beside him gesturing for her to join him.
'Id rather not thanks.' Ayesha said folding her arms. 
'Well why dont you tell me what happened? Youre here now and maybe in the time the police will come we can get to learn about each other a bit'
'Why would I do that. Look I came to yours as any other normal person would when they discover that a stranger is in their house.' Ayesha said exasperatedly
'The difference between us is I invite you, a stranger to my house, whereas you would not even open the door to a stranger. But forget all that, we are neighbours and hence my obligation to help you out has more incentive.'
'Helping is as far as Id like to go.' Ayesha said bluntly.
'Not me'  Raghav  said eyes glinting with mischief.
'Stop bothering me.'
'Says the one in my house'. Ayesha looked away annoyedly while  Raghav  smirked.
Of all places and people she had to wind up here. Though maybe it was best to seek the known over the unknown.
An increasing flash of lights permeated through the flimsy draperies causing  Raghav  to leap up from the sofa. He peered through the drapes and turned to look at her.
'Theyre here.'
Thank God, Ayesha thought.

Edited by daenerysnow - 5 years ago
It's superb
Preeti landing at Pandit's house.. good
But Preeti running into him was even more exciting😉
SamAina on a date☺️

Update soon
Quite exciting! Really enjoying the suspense and tension being developed between pandit and preeti and her feisty remarks when Sameer turns up!
Also like the sisterly bickering! Sameer and Naina are the icing on the top. Waiting for the next chapters! 

Chapter 3 
US

A shrill piercing scream ruptured Ayesha from her slumber. She jolted up from her seat pricking her ears up at the sound that had evaporated into silence and pressed her hand against her chest as if it would suppress her rapidly beating heart. 

'Aaasshhii' Ayesha stuttered feeling that familiar sense of dread rising inside her.

Then a dark shadow creeped up slowly hunching over her, making every single of her hairs stand on end. And from nowhere a whisper low, indefinite and cold against her neck passing from one ear to another.

'Joinnn... usss'

Ayesha gasped out and leapt from the table  knocking a glass off in the process.

'What the...' 

She was perspiring and confused as to how she had ended up here, in a cafe with a dazzling blare of lights that her eyes were just adjusting to. Ashi was sitting across her sipping on her lemonade and had jumped at her sisters sudden movement.

'Ayesha? Kya hua?' she enquired her face drawn in concern

'What...the whisper..darkness' Ayesha grabbed hold of her chair and sat down soaking in the reality of her surroundings.

Ashi rubbed her eyes and looked upon her sister with pity.

'Ayesha I think you still are in shock after what happened yesterday. You need to wash it off.'

'You dont believe me do you? Those messages were real! The person snapped a picture of me in the living room.. Im not going mad!' The police had found her mobile lying on the doormat but there were no trace of any messages sent from any anonymous numbers and they had simply left with minimal reassurance that her life was going to be in any less danger.

'Ayesha I believe you. Which is why I really want you to accompany me tonight. You wont be alone and, it'll be fun.' Ayesha rested her elbow on the table and leaned against her fist with a cynical expression in her eyes. Fun for you she thought quietly to herself.

'Randeep is the one who suggested it not me, he would like you to come.' Ashi said slowly weighing her sisters reaction knowing very well how Ayesha loathed him and wasnt too shy about letting her know about it either.

Ayesha scoffed and said 'So what if I come, you will still be frolicking about with your precious Randeep.'

'He is bringing a close friend so you wont be all by yourself.'

'Wow that doesnt make me feel too pathetic.'

'Come on Ayesha I cant stand to see you like this, you used to go clubbing with your friends. We arent so different from them.. And Ive heard the club has a good range of food and drinks.'

At that Ayesha eyes lit up in a such a way that one would have thought she was reminiscing over a lover.

'You know me too well di'

Ashi and Ayesha left the taxi and stood outside the club. It was just on the outskirts of town also in a remote place beyond the woods.

Ayesha was wearing her favourite short yellow and blue leaf printed dress leaving her long hair loose like her sister who wore a sleeveless peach short dress. It didn't look too busy inside and Ayesha was more than ready to hit the bar straight away but Ashi pulled her back and they walked with interlinked arms toward a cubicle that was occupied already. She saw Randeep with another boy, their heads huddled together in seemingly humorous conversation that they were only privy to. They stopped mid conversation just as the girls approached closer turning their heads round. 

'You!' Ayesha exclaimed. Raghav's face brightened as he looked up at Ayesha eyes glinting with intent while mild disbelief registered on her face.

'You. Me. Together, again, how about that?' Raghav remarked cooly reclining back onto the semi circular sofa one arm resting casually against the back of it, not taking his eyes off her even for a second and fighting an urge to let his eyes travel down her body.

'Wait you guys know each other?! Well, well, well, its a small world afterall' Randeep said winking at Raghav while realisation dawned on Ashis face recalling yesterdays events. Ayesha knitted her eyebrows noting the strange looks the boys had exchanged. 

'And check you out' Randeep drawled beaming at Ashi standing up to greet her. He held her hand in his and pulled her gently into him, coiling his arms around her waist and bent down slightly meeting her face. Meanwhile Raghav focussed on Ayesha smirking as she grew embarrassed at Randeep and Ashis intensity. Randeep spoke growling in a raspy low whisper close to Ashis ear. 

'With no offence to your dress but I would like to rip it off you right here, right now, and kiss every square inch of your body while everyone watches wishing they were us.' Ashi gasped and he eyed her heatedly. She blushed profusedly and cast her eyes away from his intense gaze, trying to compose herself.

Raghav coughed to nudge Randeep from embarking into anything innappropriate too early. He stood up to make space for Ayesha who hesitatingly sat down in between him and Ashi, cursing silently at how cramped the cubicle was. Ayesha regarded Raghav with slight disgust as he quaffed down a good portion of a bottle of vodka down his throat and offered her some but she turned her head the other way.

The night stretched on and Ayesha found she was in no mood to socialise not with him there. Something about him rubbed her the wrong way. Moreover she wasnt all too pleased about the arranged date that her sister and boyfriend had made and of all people it had to be him. Her shining luck. She looked at the them now, Randeep was getting cosy with Ashi, whispering things into her ear before he began smothering her throat and neck in kisses. His hand disappeared beneath the table finding the rim of her dress that he slowly pulled upwards while Ashi was succumbing to Randeeps every move becoming breathless with every persistance of his passion. 

'Gross. Spare me please.' said Ayesha monotonously breaking off their romance in an instant.

'Get a room' added Raghav quite nonchalantly.

Ashi looked at Ayesha who was watching them judgmentally, scrunching up her nose in sheer disgust. She had forgotten Ayesha and Raghav were there having been lost in the moment and blushed furiously pushing Randeep away while he rolled off her reluctantly and grit his teeth in exasperation glaring at Ashis sister.

'Do you mind?' he glowered.

'Yeh, get out from my line of vision' she answered contemptuously while Raghav looked at her with a mixture of fascination and amusement.

Ashi stood up promptly on the pretext of buying a drink asking if Ayesha would like to accompany but she declined with exaggerated politeness. When she was out of sight Randeep pulled a face at her and followed Ashi to the bar while Ayesha stuck her tongue at him.

Even though the club was flooded in dim lightning she had been having a hard time trying to block them out of her awareness desperately looking for any distraction on the dance floor and sat as much forward as possible on the sofa with her elbow on the table and chin propped up against her palm watching other people with boredom.  

Ayesha checked on Ashi from the corner of her eye. They had now taken to the dance floor and Randeep was circling his arms around her and swerving his body closer to her while she responded with equal sensuality. 

Ayeshas face contorted into one of displeasure. 

'This is sooo nauseating' she said grumpily forgetting Raghav who was sat behind her to the side sniggering at her reaction. 

'What are you laughing at?' She demanded irritably turning her head to him.

'D'you know what I think? 

'I dont want to know what you think.' She said turning her head back to the dancefloor again.

Raghav ignored her and continued. "I think that you're jealous. Ashi is your sister and she has no time for you anymore. She spends what little time she has with her boyfriend leaving you rather alone in your daddy's big mansion.'

Ayesha scowled at him. 'What are you my psychoanalyst?'

'No just interested in you...really interested.' He added vaguely. 

She shrugged off his comment and looked straight in front of her.

'Well you are wrong. They annoy me because well, I think love, romance, dating etc is all so overrated and pointless.

'Or..maybe you fear it'

Ayesha glared at him.

'Why would I be scared?'

'You should be scared.'

'How would you know about it?'

'I dont. Havent lived long enough to see what it looks like. I guess thats what it looks like.' He said indicating towards Randeep and Ashi who were wrapped in each other swaying with the music. Ayesha followed his gaze.

'Right, yeh, love is a scary. It changes people into monsters till they are barely recognisable..' Ayesha sighed, arching her neck and tugging on a strand of her hair while looking into the crowd.

His mouth curled into a sneer as he watched her closely drifting his eyes down her back from a raw male instinct.

'You know what?' Raghav said leaning forward and resting his arms on the table next to her. 

'What?' Ayesha said twisting her body to him, wary he was a bit too close as his arm brushed against hers.

He picked a bar of chocolate from the table, tore it open and ate a chunk. 

'Love is chocolate. Here now and gone in the next. Yet you enjoy it till it lasts'

'Hence overrated.' Ayesha concluded eying the chocolate hungrily.

'Give me that' She said snatching it from his hand just as he was about to take another bite.

'Hey!' Raghav said trying to grab it from her as she hid it behind her back. He reached around her waist aiming to grab her hand but she raised her arm above her and tried to shuffle away before he wrestled her to the sofa, she writhed and struggled under his grip surprised he had such strength in him while he pinned her wrists down either side of her till she slackened her hold on the chocolate bar though refusing to entirely let go.

He cocked his eyebrows and eyed her through narrow slits.

'Surrender' he said malicious undertone in his voice.

'Never' she hissed.

But it was no longer about the chocolate bar anymore. Feelings of frustration gave way to new feelings, strange and alien.

They paused still as he lay on top of her inches away from her face, their breaths intermingled. Her scent filled his senses and he became hyper sensitive to the curve of her body pressed up against his. Her breath stilled at their proximity while he looked at her with predatory eyes. Her eyes roved down to his mouth, feeling his body heat and deepening breath warm on her lips and she felt herself involuntarily arching back her head to close the gap but at that moment Raghav let go of her and sat up brushing his hair back with one hand while looking away.

Ayesha followed him and smoothed down her dress looking at him from the corner of her eye. Tension increasing between them as they both grew conscious from each others presence. 

Ayesha shuffled her feet ackwardly and looked in the distance at nothing in particular. 

'Where's Randeep and your sister?' Raghav asked as a way of slicing the brewing tension in the air. As if nothing had passed between them.

'God knows..' Ayesha said still reeling from her and Raghavs intimate encounter. She scanned the room and her eyes fell them moving to a dark corner of the room. Ashi allowed Randeeps hand to trail up her leg as he pulled her into a deep kiss.

Familiar feelings of repulsion surfaced again seeing the scene. Raghav checked her reaction as she took the scene in and edged closer to her.

'Want to have some fun of our own' he whispered in ear making her flinch in surprise. His breath lingered on her making her shiver slightly even though he had dropped back to his original sitting position.

'What?' 

He relaxed back against the sofa.

'Betting. A reward of chocolate for every win.'

'Hmmm..I'm tempted.'

He smiled at her and Ayesha couldn't help but notice how endearing it was.

'I bet that in the next minute Randeep will take your sister outside'

'Why would he do that?'

'Privacy'. 

'Alright game on. She wont want to though' Ayesha said. He smiled victoriously at her and pointed to them. Ayesha pouted as she watched Ashi follow Randeep outside while Raghav gestured with his hand to give her a chocolate while she reluctantly passed it.

'Ok my turn, I bet..that guy over there is going to get a slap from that girl in 3, 2, 1'. Slap. Ayesha clapped her hands in delight and made the same gesture to Raghav. He furrowed his eyes and gave her another chocolate.

'Ok..I bet that girl over there, the one surrounded by those guys, I bet she cries every night, slashing her wrists in depression at the loneliness eating her day in day out'. Ayesha looked at him in bafflement not quite expecting him to have said this.

'How morbid and assumptive. She doesnt seem that type to me, look at what shes wearing'

'Lets find out. Come with me.' Ayesha followed him and as they neared Raghav held the girls wrist and twirled her around, she was evidently enjoying the attention. He nodded to Ayesha and she shook her head seeing the red lines scratched across that girls wrists as Raghav waved them before her.

Raghav let her go and joined Ayesha as they walked back to their cubicle. 

'That is disturbing. I feel we should tell someone.'

'She is the one who needs to seek help. Its not up to us. Until she does no one will help her.' Raghav said looking at Ayesha with odd tenderness.

'But what shes doing, its wrong-'

'It would be the right thing to do in her case for someone like her. Things that really really hurt are the right thing to do otherwise nothing is gained if there's no suffering..' 

'Wow...you have a dark mind.' 

Raghav approached her slowly. 

'You have no idea' he said in a low voice unsmiling. Ayesha gazed at him hypnotized by his gaze.

'I bet by the end of this night you will want to see me again.' He whispered a hint of a smile on his lips.

'I'm willing to take you up on that'. She said biting her lip. He inched closer to her.

'My last bet..I bet I can kiss you without touching you.'

'What?'

His eyes darkened soaking in her expression. She looked back at him waiting, mystified and curious, daring not to say a word and not knowing why she didnt retort her disapproval like she normally would.

Raghav leaned forward and kissed her cheek.

'Oops, guess I loose the bet.' He said charmingly and tossed her a chocolate leaving her standing stunned while he vanished round the corner to buy more drinks.

Edited by daenerysnow - 6 years ago
Lovely start..
Very interesting ff