Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Vidya Balan Says Tumhari Sulu Proves 'Married Actresses Can Score A Hi

Posted: 6 years ago
Vidya Balan Says Tumhari Sulu Proves 'Married Actresses Can Score A Hit'

Vidya Balan recently featured in Tumhari Sulu. (Image courtesy: Vidya Balan)

NEW DELHI: 

HIGHLIGHTS

1. "Married actresses can score a hit," says Vidya Balan
  2. Vidya recently featured in Tumhari Sulu
  3. Vidya says, "Keep trying until you succeed"
 Actress Vidya Balan, whose Tumhari Suluhad a dream run at the box office, says that the film proved 'married actresses can score a hit.' Vidya, who married producer Siddharth Roy Kapur in 2012, says with back-to-back box office disappointments post her wedding like GhanchakkarShaadi Ke Side Effects, Bobby Jasoos, she gave into the thinking that married female actors cannot deliver a hit, but the success of Tumhari Sulu has proved the theory wrong. "The films, I did before this, were probably not successful in building the connect with the audience. It is a personal movement of glory for me. The actor part of me is as precious to me as a married woman part of me," news agency PTI quoted Vidya as saying.

Vidya Balan's unsuccessful films at the box office didn't damper her spirit. The 38-year-old actor says that the lesson she has learned from her past failures is 'keep trying until you succeed.' She told PTI: "Success and failures are a part of life. Every day is not a Sunday. The only thing as an artiste I can do is keep moving forward, keep working hard and keep growing. The joy is in learning. Failures help me rise."

In Tumhari Sulu, Vidya features as housemaker-turned-RJ, who hosts a late night radio show Saari Waali Bhabhi. Vidya recently received the best actress award for her performance as Sulochana aka Sulu in the film.

Of receiving awards, vidya said,"Awards matter to me. And I have always been joking about it that 'if you win, awards do matter to you'. I love when people appreciate my hard work and dedication. With Tumhari Sulu the appreciation I am getting matters more. Recognition and acknowledge is always special for me."

Vidya Balan made her acting debut with TV show Hum Paanch. She is best known for her films like ParineetaPaaKahaani and The Dirty Picture, for which she also won the National Film Award for Best Actress.

(With inputs from PTI)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GumGum thumbnail
Arrogant woman! Just say you're happy that your movie didn't tank. Married actresses giving hits is not a new thing. Recent example was Sridevi (English Vinglish) from whom you snatched all the awards bcz industry needed to please your UTV head honcho husband.
And FYI, BOI has given Tumhari Sulu an Average or Below Average tag. So it's clear that distributors didn't make money, only you and your producers did.
Edited by hantel - 6 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
i LOVEE vidya balan
one of the most talented..honest..humble..grounded actors around

i just love the positivity she has..

never change vidya

it is a treat to have actors like her around..she was brilliant in sulu!

MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
I wish Rani cud beat her own trumpet like this lady does ..mardaani collected more than this sulu film ..she is also married ..
theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
when she give flop after flop no one talk about married or single i mean common this is really stupoid promotion its all about the film and people like it or not they will not care you are married or single
grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Was this still left to be proven?
ImagineMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

😕 But married actress have given certified hits before. ðŸ˜›

Classic case being Sri after her 15 year hiatus with EV.
Mutant_n_Proud thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
she deserves all the accolades after all...it came her way after so long...
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Hichki

I wish Rani cud beat her own trumpet like this lady does ..mardaani collected more than this sulu film ..she is also married ..

R u a Rani fan? Cz it looks like u r mocking cz Rani isn't doing any movie and hasn't for very long right?
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ImagineMe

😕 But married actress have given certified hits before.😛

Classic case being Sri after her 15 year hiatus with EV.

there were actresses before Sri like sharmila who gave blockbuster women centric roles after marriage and kids