CID

Should CID get transfer to any other channel - Page 3

ANGELICEYES thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Athene

But this isn't my only reason. I also feel somewhere Sony has gotten tired of showcasing CID as well. That's why they just don't air episodes some weekends or air them at different timings. That's why they've shifted the timeslot around so many times in the past few years and brought in a spin-off that didn't work (CID Chote Heroes). Sony knows that CID has reached its end, but if they had just ended it then they risked hurting themselves. They want it to reach a point where viewers just stop watching CID, stop searching for it every weekend, stop giving it TRPs. They want people to forget about CID so that when it goes off air no on reacts as it was expected.

This is 100% true.. and these are the facts that hurt most. 

I too think CID should go off air. Once upon a happier time I couldn't think about my weekends without CID but now I have stopped watching it for a long long time. Shifting to other channels is not easy nor are there any channel to air a crime thriller. Colors, Star they just thrive upon romance dramas. What I want is a dignified ending to CID. It has been Sony's bread and butter for a long time, has become a cult, not some random show to go on air for a few months. CID deserves a proper farewell.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Abhikul thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I don't think it should be stopped or it needs farewell. Farewell is needed for those shows which are becoming boring. 
Cid kept us thrilling
Cid is thrilling
Cid will keep us thrilling
Khatak...
Minionite thumbnail
@ Abhikul: I'm not sure it's something to be proud of that you've never asked a girl for forgiveness or asked for forgiveness so easily.

@ Kulasya and Angel: The way I see it ending is something that was done for CSI after it ended. CSI was a cult show and so it got a two-hour special. Of course by that time many of the current actors had moved on, but still they brought back some of the original cast and along with part of the new cast, they gave the show a nice wrap-up. It wasn't done nicely and they missed a lot, but still it was something. The same thing could be done here for CID. A nice two-hour wrap-up case. Like maybe ending this Eye Series on a good note with some personal lives of the CID officers and then out with a bang.
Abhikul thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Athene

@ Abhikul: I'm not sure it's something to be proud of that you've never asked a girl for forgiveness or asked for forgiveness so easily.

Accha sorry Bura mat Maan.
ANGELICEYES thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ditto Shreya di, that will be a lovely gesture!
Kulasya. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I second this. Really it should happen.
                                   Do u all remember republic day special ? I think it was the last thing which channel did for CID. Afterwords they just ignored it. That day was something like Shreya mentioned not 100% though. There were important episodes right from the first case. They also showed some good responses from old actors of CID about the contribution of CID in their life. There were also some special scenes of current actors which also included there personal lives. I think ACP & Daya special also came in that same period. So now when I think that was the best time  for CID to bid adieu. 
Abhikul thumbnail
Some person should advise Sony TV... About many things which makes the fans disappointed.
Why are they making all Cid videos unavailable in India of YouTube...
If I watch the episode in sonyliv the quality of the video makes me angry..
It's better we advise or feedback Sony TV about the issue..
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
All this while I was thinking the channel isn't interested but now I guess even the makers are not interested. BP Singh isn't in the best of spirits someone who went to meet them was telling that they are not even shooting these days. Looks like time is up for the show.

Personally for me, the cases are OK, but  I can't feel the kind of involvement they had in 2010-11. Maybe they are tired of playing the same characters, maybe tired of the channel giving it a cold shoulder, God knows what. I can't feel them enjoying themselves. I can't feel them getting into the characters as much as before. Maybe fatigue. Can't blame them at all.

I am perfectly ok with them closing down while people still care about it. Not after losing TRPs and no one noticing that they are gone.

Edited by visrom - 6 years ago
Abhikul thumbnail
You cannot say like that...
CID should not close.
No one is tired ofcourse you have changed from 2010 to now...
raina1 thumbnail
I agree with abhikul they are changing the show timings. One request to Sony if you want to air it at different timings please inform us that you are changing the show timings. Example if u are changing Saturday show timings at the end of Saturday end of the episode inform us that you are changing only Saturday show timings. If u are not airing an episode on Saturday or Sunday please inform us before itself suppose u are not airing an episode next week inform us on Sunday that you are not airing episode next week.