Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

~PADMAAVAT UPDATES THREAD # 3 - AMAZON PRIME RELEASE 27TH March (Page 6)

LegolasGondolin IF-Sizzlerz
LegolasGondolin
LegolasGondolin

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Shahid Kapoor  Filmfare
"Deepika is a great actress. She's at the top of the game. She's perfect for Padmavati. We had a great time working with each other. It didn't feel that we were working for the first time" - Shahid Kapoor, Filmfare Dec

Q : An Actor You admire ? - I like Ranveer Singh's work . He's a very good actor . - Shahid Kapoor

LegolasGondolin
LegolasGondolin

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 9:34am | IP Logged

Shahid Kapoor: Hope Audience Gets Rawal Ratan Singh

Actor Shahid Kapoor, one of the three lead actors of controversial film "Padmavati, hopes the audience understands his part as Rawal Ratan Singh. He feels it's a character that would make people want to be "better in today's time.

The actor stressed on the need for inspiring characters while discussing his role as Rani Padmavati's husband and a warrior king Rawal Ratan Singh in "Padmavati with GQ India for December 2017 issue, a statement said.

"I remember when Gladiator' came out and Russell Crowe played Maximus, the character felt too good to be true. But it inspired me so much. That was a strong reference for me because I wondered how you play a character who is so noble and good, and make him connect with people today, Shahid said.

"Sometimes cinema has the power to make us aspire to be something better. Of course, there's a lot of value in playing something that's real; I'm coming from Udta Punjab', where I played a coked-out, crazy pop star not at all the kind of guy you would want to be, not even the kind of guy you would want to be in a room with.

"With him, I wondered how to get people to understand someone so off-the-hook, this free radical jumping all over the place. But people got him. I hope they get Rawal Ratan Singh as well. He's extremely powerful, but always steady in all kinds of high-pressure situations.

"I've always admired people who can do that. We're living in a time where we need to be inspired by characters who make us want to be better, because there's a lot happening in the world.

Sanjay Leela Bhansali's attempt to bring alive the story of Rani Padmavati on the silver screen with his movie "Padmavati hasn't gone down well with Hindu groups backed by the BJP. It also features Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh in pivotal roles.

"Padmavati is being slammed for alleged distortion of historical facts about the Rajput queen. The film was scheduled to release on December 1, but it was deferred.

Shahid also spoke about how Ratan Singh protects his wife from invader Alauddin Khilji, essayed by Ranveer.

He said: "The most difficult part was that he is the least known among the three characters. There are several gaps in our knowledge, and it was up to me to fill them appropriately. It was important to understand what type of king I was playing we've had great kings, we've had terrible kings, we've had blunderers, kings who've become saints.

"Ratan Singh was a warrior king who falls in love with this exceptionally beautiful woman. They get married and are very happy together when another man (Alauddin Khilji) enters the picture. It's a story about a husband and wife, but also a king and a queen.

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 11:44am | IP Logged
I don't know if you guys saw shahid in glam award red carpet, he talked a little about about PV. Also even though Varun has the back to back hits, reporters on the red carpet was yelling at Shahid sir when Varun was there in front of themLOL 
LegolasGondolin
LegolasGondolin

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Terenaina

I don't know if you guys saw shahid in glam award red carpet, he talked a little about about PV. Also even though Varun has the back to back hits, reporters on the red carpet was yelling at Shahid sir when Varun was there in front of themLOL 

I saw the video of what he said . Dint see the other red carpet madness but it is usual i think.

SK said he does not think things are extremely bad and also said such threats should not have been made against a woman.
LegolasGondolin
LegolasGondolin

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 10:12pm | IP Logged

Delhi's new-found interest in Alauddin Khilji's tomb: Yeh kya 'Padmavati' wala Khilji hai?, ask visitors

LegolasGondolin
LegolasGondolin

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 10:13pm | IP Logged

Delhi's new-found interest in Alauddin Khilji's tomb: Yeh kya 'Padmavati' wala Khilji hai?, ask visitors

Niharika Lal| TNN | Dec 8, 2017, 01:00 IST
(BCCL/ Ajay Kumar Gautam)(BCCL/ Ajay Kumar Gautam)
'

LATEST COMMENT

Practically all these invaders have done incalculable damage to our society in India. After Buddhism and Jainism spread in India, the people became peaceniks and lazy. Barely a handful of these invad... Read Morerocky dugal

'The walk inside Qutub complex takes people through the ideologies of rulers from medieval Indian history'
Soumi, who conducts walks for Delhi Walks, says, "Alauddin Khilji is a prominent figure from medieval history. Our walk in the Qutub Complex not only covers his tomb but also reiterates why there is a stark contrast between his tomb and Iltutmish's tomb. So first, we take them to Khilji's tomb, then to Iltutmish's to explain the contrast. It is a part of our narrative. The walk inside the Qutub complex takes people through the ideologies of various rulers from medieval Indian history, and throws light on the architecture and the socio-cultural impact of their policies."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sherlockthor

LegolasGondolin
LegolasGondolin

Posted: 07 December 2017 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Same had happened after BM too. People started visiting the mastani mahal and other places in Pune after watching the film.
Same woudlve happened after padmavati too in rajasthan had they allowed the team to shoot there without issues ..

damn! dumbf**ks wont even allow the release of the film!
LegolasGondolin
LegolasGondolin

Posted: 08 December 2017 at 2:49am | IP Logged

Padmavati Finally To Release On This Date? Hint: It's Not 12th January

There were many dates predicted for the release of the film; from 12th January to 26th January - every Friday was analysed and predicted.

December 8, 2017

So, is this finally a good news? Are we finally going to witness the most awaited Padmavati in theatres? Yes, there is a release date and no this is not like every other rumour pouring in from days. This times its concrete!

Post the numerous infamous controversies revolving around Padmavati, the movie got delayed and there is a report coming in about the release date of the film. There were many dates predicted for the release of the film; from 12th January to 26th January every Friday was analysed and predicted.

Padmavati Finally To Release On This Date? Hint: It's Not 12th JanuaryPadmavati Finally To Release On This Date? Hint: It's Not 12th January

It seems January will also go Padmavati-free and as per the date coming in, the movie will release in February. As per a report published in Box Office India, Padmavati will release on 9th February.

Why this release date is concrete is because as per the exhibition sources numerous distributors in overseas have sent chains of cinemas in US/Canada a schedule which states 9th February as the release date of the film.

Edited by LegolasGondolin - 08 December 2017 at 2:50am

Go to top