kaatril adhan echil aarivitathu
manadhil mutham veithaai
adhu mattum oori vitathu

kootin idhalil mutham
manathin idhalil ore mutham
andrum,ini endrum nee en sontham

Posted: 6 years ago
                                                             Redemption 231

"The Chinese use two brush strokes to write the word 'crisis.' One brush stroke stands for danger; the other for opportunity. In a crisis, be aware of the danger--but recognize the opportunity. ? John F. Kennedy

They had been speaking for a long time now and they had spoken,shared and shed light on both their lives and that of their families and now both basked in the mutual admiration and respect they had for each other.

Prime minister Jagannath mishra looked down on the land he governed and saw it bathed in the gentle and golden light of the setting sun and saw it flirt,skirt and dance around the leaves and trees before reaching the open arms and bosom of mother earth and father and child were one.

He placed his hand on Rudran " beta,i will always be there for you as a friend and as a father.My house and my time is open for you and it would give me great joy and pride if you drop in to see me more often."

Rudran gratefully " Sir,i am honored and humbled by your love and affection and i am proud to be a citizen of a nation that is under your leadership."

Prime minister Jagannath mishra sadly " so much to do rudy beta.70 years have passed since we got our independence and yet here we are still struggling with poverty,water shortage and unemployment.Me and the othe cabinet members are doing our best and it is a struggle not to give up and walk away from all this chaos,corruption and caste wars."

Rudran calmly " We will get there sir,slowly one step at a time.But eventually we will reach the state that gandhi and netaji wanted for us."

Suddenly,the small cabin felt charged with energy like it had been struck by lightning and Prime minister Jagannath mishra watched in fascination as Rudran closed his eyes and threw his senses all around and squeezing his eyes shut,took deep breaths and then became still and suddenly he opened his eyes and the prime minister saw that they were full of worry and panic.

" What is it Rudran?" and Rudran rose quickly and ran to the cockpit and tapped hurriedly on the doors and they opened and Indian air force captain Harsh looked at Rudran " What is it?what is the problem?" and Rudran hurriedly " Put down the chopper right now.Find a safe place and land immediately."

The helicopter pilot,captain harsh looked at his co-pilot Dhanraj questioningly and rudran running back to the cabin,held the prime ministers hand and brought him along and looked at the captain " It is not my request but his command.so do it now or i will put a bullet in your head then land the damn chopper myself."

Prime minister Jagannath mishra looked at the chopper pilots and nodded and the pilot looking at him " sir,we just passed Dehra dun and will land in Mussoorie in about 30 minutes.It does not make any sense to just land now when we are in sight of our destination and that too with you aboard."

Rudran hurriedly turned to the prime minister " sir,do you trust me?" and the prime minister with a smile " captain,land the chopper right now as mr.rudran has ordered."

Captain Harsh nodded and was about to switch the communications knob on,when rudran stopped him " Please,don't do that for it will alert everybody around to our presence and we have no idea what the consequences will be."

Captain harsh with great restraint began the emergency landing procedures and glancing back at both rudran and the prime minister " Mr.Rudran,please if you can just tell me what is going on,it will be really helpful."

Rudran smiled as the helicopter carrying the prime minister and him began to descend and when they were about 500 ms above the ground,his tension eased and he whispered to the pilot " I hope you know what Autorotation means captain harsh?" and the captain angrily " of course i do dammit.I would not be sitting here fully licensed and holding all you people in my responsibility if i did not a simple and important term as Autorotation.But,pray tell me why that is of any relevance right now."

" The engine is going to fail for i heard a strange noise and also felt a vibration in the copter.That is why i requested this emergency landing."

Captain harsh and captain dhanraj both quickly scanned all the instruments and saw that all of the sensors were green and turning to Rudran " sir,seriously for your sake,i hope this is not some horrible joke or worse i hope you are not plotting to kidnap or assassinate the prime minister for all the instruments are working properly."

Just as he finished the words,the engine sensors began to beep and began to raise the volume and repetitions and the audio from the speakers screamed " engine malfunction,engine malfunction" and captain harsh began the auto rotation procedures.

As they descended,the engine suddenly began to spout black smoke as the engine seals had given up and oil began to catch fire.But Captain harsh expertly handled the helicopter and safely landed the machine in and open field at the foothills of Mussoorie and Rudran looking at the prime minister " Please stay inside until i tell you to come out and please wear your bullet proof vest."

The prime minister with a smile looked at Rudran whose expression and tone changed " That was not a request but an order sir.Please comply immediately."

Jumping out of the helicopter,he looked at all the SPG( special protection group) " gentlemen,form a perimeter of 250 meters right now.Nobody crossed that line and not until another chopper comes to carry the prime minister away and not until i personally tell you something different."

He watched the spg commandos fan out in a circle and form a perimeter around the copter and then he took out his encrypted mobile and got in touch with SPG DGP Shubash goel " sir,rudran here.The helicopter had to be landed because of engine problems.No sir,the prime minister is okay and none of us are hurt.Please send an alternate transport immediately for it is getting dark here and soon it will be night and then the security issues will go through the roof."

But the danger was already there and it began to come down from the mountains of Mussoorie and soon a war of angels and demons would be waged and blood and lives would be spilt and laid on the ground

."Treat everyone with politeness and kindness, not because they are nice, but because you are.
Roy T. Bennett

Myth: Helicopters will drop like a rock when the engine shuts down. In fact, you have a better chance at surviving in a helicopter when the engine fails than you do in an airplane.

Autorotation is a state of flight in which the main rotor system of a helicopter or similar aircraft turns by the action of air moving up through the rotor, as with an autogyro, rather than engine power driving the rotor. The term autorotation dates to a period of early helicopter development between 1915 and 1920, and refers to the rotors turning without the engine. It is analogous to the gliding flight of a fixed-wing aircraft.

The most common use of autorotation in helicopters is to safely land the aircraft in the event of an engine failure or tail-rotor failure. It is a common emergency procedure taught to helicopter pilots as part of their training.

Helicopters are designed specifically to allow pilots to have a reasonable chance of landing them safely in the case where the engine stops working during flight, often with no damage at all. They accomplish this via autorotation of the main rotor blades.

Further, when seeking a helicopter pilot's license, one has to practice landing using this no-power technique. When practicing, instead of actually shutting the engine off completely though, they usually just turn the engine down enough to disengage it from the rotor. This way, if the student encounters a problem during a no-power landing, the helicopter can be throttled back up to avoid an accident. Given that this isn't an option during actual engine failure, it's critical for helicopter pilots to practice this until they have it down pat.

A landing via autorotation is also sometimes necessary if the rear rotor blades stop functioning properly, no longer countering for the torque of the main rotor blades, so the helicopter will spin if the engine isn't turned off. Whether this happens and the pilot shuts off the engine or in the case of actual engine failure, once the engine drops below a certain number of revolutions per minute, relative to the rotor RPM rate, a special clutch mechanism, called a freewheeling unit, disengages the engine from the main rotor automatically. This allows the main rotor to spin without resistance from the engine.

Once the engine fails or otherwise is shut off, the pilot must immediately lower the pitch, reducing lift and drag, and the helicopter will begin to descend. If they don't do this quick enough, allowing the RPM of the main rotor to drop too far, they'll then lose control of the helicopter and will likely not get it back. When this happens, it may well drop like a rock. However, this isn't typical because as soon as the freewheeling unit disengages the engine, the pilot is trained to respond appropriately immediately.

Edited by deepak_satish - 6 years ago
                            Redemption 232

Sitting in the army canteen on the secret base,Major param totally hooked with the story that Gen.veer singh was recollecting,gasped in fear " Sir,how did Rudran know that the helicopter's engine was going to fail? and gen.veer looked at the glass and raised his hand and the staff member poured him his fourth large although it could have been the first for there was no effect at least visible effects on Gen.veer who looked up " Param,who knows what or how rudran's mind works and like you i myself have wondered how he is able to see so much and understand so much and frankly speaking it scares and creeps the hell out of me."

Major.param nodded and raised his hand and his glass was filled and dropping ice cubes in it and pouring some water in addition,he took a sip and looked at Gen.veer " sir,since we are talking about rudy,have you noticed how warm the air becomes or how electrified it becomes when he gets angry or when he senses danger around him?
And sometimes i feel his eyes change color,if that is even possible? " and looking up at his boss " is that possible sir for then that surely is creepy."

Gen.Veer singh took big gulps of his drink as if a camel was taking gulps from the sweet water of an oasis after thirsting for many weeks and placing the glass on the table,stayed quiet watching the overhead lights do magic on the glass and twinkle its rainbows and looked up at the major " Param,No one know how rudran knew before hand that the helicopter's engine was going to fail.More importantly,to this moment no one knows how rudran managed to save the prime minister from that terrorists attack and that too with his body riddled with bullets and to end this no body can give a rational explanation as to how he survived those injuries and now lies still alive with a bloody knife sticking out of his head."

Yes,No one knows and not even Rudran had known what made him tick and tock and what gave him that speed and ability to overcome all impossible and fatal encounters.But then,we know for he comes from a line of life called The Ancients and we know that long before rudran walked the earth,Azhagan walked the earth as a protector,defender and merciless killer when push came to shove.

Back to the foothills of Mussoorie

Rudran finished the call and walked towards the helicopter,his brain making countless calculations and scenarios in which the enemy could make his appearance and yet missed one most important clue and that was the man who had already sold them out because his daughter had been captured and was now held hostage by the terrorists.

Captain harsh was leaning against the still fuming helicopter and seeing Rudran had finished his call,straightened his body and saluted him " Mr.Rudran,i don't know and maybe you yourself have no clue as to how you were able to predict that the engine was going to fail.But,if it had failed at that altitude,then it would have meant kissing all our arses goodbye and that includes our VVIP,the prime minister himself."

Rudran grinned quietly " Sorry captain,I don't know about the others or how bad the situation was going to become but i would have jumped out of the helicopter with a parachute and with the prime minister safely in my arms and would have landed safely without any harm coming to him."

Tapping the captain's shoulder " But we are here now,safely on ground and that is that.Now my only priority is the prime ministers safety and importantly that is the only priority for all of us."

Rudran opened the door of the helicopter and gently helped the prime minister to get down and then placing two fingers in his lips,let looses a loud whistle,that brought all the SPG commandos back from their posts.

Just as they began to gather around him,he reached into the helicopter and brought out the bullet proof kevlar vest and placed it around the prime minister who gave in with a hint of irritation.

The SPG commandos had their own team leader,Assistant commissioner Suraj but he and they all knew that rudran was the senior and also the highest ranking officer at that moment and they also knew that the prime minister himself gave in to his requests and commands and they were all just happy to be alive after the helicopter had landed safely without crashing.

Rudran had requested both the pilots to not divulge any information or details as to what had just transpired before the engine had conked and they had landed.

Rudran looked at all of them " Gentlemen,are any of you hurt?" and in unison they chorused that they were all okay,although some murmured that they had nearly soiled their undies in fear of the chopper crashing.

Rudran laughed and everyone joined in his laughter and the prime minister enjoying the adventure laughed with them too and announced that he too had nearly peed in his pants and seeing the shock and confusion in the soldier's eyes,he sarcastically remarked " My friends,i too am human like you and what is worse is that unlike you,i am not trained in any way to cope with traumatic situations.So,laugh and laugh with me for i am more or less like your father and who would say the same thing if he had just experienced what we all did."

Looking at all of them " Rudran is in complete control and please follow his orders as i am going to do."

Rudran looked at the prime minister " Thank you sir" and turning his eyes back to his soldiers " It will be dark soon and here in the mountains,it can get really dark.I don't think it is safe anymore to linger around this helicopter and we will leave the pilots and two of you to guard it and the rest of us will move out of this spot and into a safer place where we can wait for the Transport and other teams to come and carry us out from here."

SPG commando AC Suraj looked at rudran " Rudran sir,why leave when we can stay here and better protect the Prime minister while he is in the safe confines of the chopper."

Rudran shook his head " No suraj,i think the smoke from the engine has already acted like a smoke signal and i fear that it will attract unwanted attention.So,lets get away from here and see if we can find a fortified positions that we can guard and hold on to and also see if there is enough place for a chopper to land."

They all looked at each other and in the forest gloom they all nodded in agreement.

Rudran looked at the SPG team " Okay we are fifteen of us and with two of you staying behind to guard the chopper,that leaves 13 including me."

He turned to SPG AC suraj " mr.suraj,split into four teams of threes while i stay besides the prime minister and fan out and keep a safe circle with  radius of thirty feet around the center and be in sight always.Everyone i want total radio silence until i say differently."

Taking out his encrypted mobile,he called SPG DGP Shubash goel and explained the situation to him and then handed over the instrument to the prime minister who reassured the DGP that he was well and that the situation was under total control.

Wishing the pilots and two of the SPG commandos the best of luck,The team under the leadership of Rudran marched out and walked for nearly 25 minutes and then rudran raised his hand and all of them stopped and listened in silence as they heard shah rukh khan singing

" Tujhe dekha to yeh jana sanam
Pyar hota hai deewana sanam
Ab yahan se kahan jaayein hum
Teri baahon mein mar jaayein hum"

and rudran turned to AC SURAJ " you are in command.stay alert" and saying this ran towards the direction from where the song was coming and in seconds burst out of the forest cover and ran into the road that was the route to go up and down from Mussoorie and saw an empty mini bus slowly making its way up the hill.

Rudran walked out of the forest and stood in the middle of the road with his machine gun pointed right at the wind screen of the mini bus and the driver seeing a black figure with a gun aimed at him,slammed on the brakes and stared in total fear at the man who stood on the road.

Redemption 233

"The Sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it's here is up to us. Journey wisely. Alexandra Elle

This was no time for niceties or dilly-dallying about trying to explain to the driver of the mini bus as to why he had been stopped and Rudran with his rifle aimed at him slowly moved forward and saw that the driver was a grizzled middle aged man in his fifties and told him to step out of the vehicle.

Keeping the rifle still pointed forward,he whispered " Do you speak hindi?" and the driver nodded in panic " Haa saab,jaanti hoon"

Rudran " teek hai,darna mat.Aapko kuch nahi hoga.Sirf aapka gaadi chaayiye.( okay,stay calm and nothing will happen to you.All we need is your vehicle).

Placing two fingers,he let looses shrill whistle and moments later,his team with the prime minister bang in the center of the armed group slowly made their way out of the forest cover and Rudran looked at the commandos.

" I am not sure as to the timing and the arrival of our rescue team and i don't think it is safe and wise to hang around like this in the open with no protection.So,the best option is to keep moving up the hill,quietly and without drawing any attention."

Turning to SPG AC suraj " Board the mini bus and see to it that the prime minister is safely seated and also please inform the home command that we have boarded the bus and will reach the top in an hour or so."

SPG AC suraj quickly spoke to the director and informed him that they were on a bus and on the Rajpur road and listening for a few moments,he turned to rudran " sir,the director says that the team will be waiting in the parking lot of the MAX SUPER SPECAILITY HOSPITAL and that there is enough place to land the chopper there without any hindrance.It is just off the Mussoorie road and we should be able to reach it in 30 to 35 minutes."

Rudran nodded " okay suraj and ask them to watch the entire perimieter and secure the location for i don't want any snipers to take pot shots from distant windows."

He turned to the prime minister " Sir,My apologies for all this confusion and inconvenience and i am certain that it will be all over in another 35 minutes.

prophetic words for it will be over in the next 35 minutes as the terrorists moved as soon as they got information that the prime minister was on a mini bus.

Lucky for them that,the mini bus refused to start and it took nearly another 20 minutes for the team mechanics to set right the malfunction which turned out to be a dirty spark plug and a blocked fuel line.

The terrorists moved out from mussoorie in cars,bikes and a dozen or so came down the steep hill side for they were used to such conditions in pakistan and afghanistan.

The mini bus coughed,spluttered and then arousing itself began to make its way up the road which was beginning to elevate itself.

Rudran sat in front while a spg commando drove the vehicle.His eyes saw everything and missed nothing.

In the rear portion the driver and owner of the vehicle who had nearly died of fright,soon calmed down when he saw that his vehicle was being graced with the presence of the Prime minister himself and bowing fell to the ground trying to touch the great mans feet.

Prime minister Jagannath mishra thanked him and apologised for having taken over his vehicle and then rudran voice roared from the front " Mr.suraj,please take away his mobile from him and also handcuff him and make him sit in the last row and far away from the prime minister."

The poor man was confused and scared but soon realised that the commandos were doing their duty and that was protecting the prime minister and gave in to the handcuffs and sat quietly and then whispered to the prime minister " Huzoor,all i want in return is one selfie with you" and the prime minister and everyone laughed loudly but there was no laughter or any joy in Rudran's face or body.

Something was going to happen,something terrible was going to happen and if he was going to do his job of protecting the prime minister,then he knew that he would have to pounce first and take the initiative before time brought peril and danger into their path.

All the tension,stress and worry in Rudran alerted his other half and Bhairav rose and whispered " i sense movement rudy.I sense many movements a few kms ahead of us and they pose great danger to all of us."

Rudran turned to the spg commando who was driving and asked him to pull over to the side and turned and faced the entire team and the prime minister and in the darkness of the mini bus,they saw flashes of light flickering in rudran's eyes " Gentlemen,the danger has arrived and i am at a total loss as to how the enemies seem to know of our every movement.But we will leave those questions for later after we have tackled the situation."

He turned the safety off button on his rifle and whispered " safeties off gentlemen and turn your mikes on and listen to my every command and dont hesitate for even a moment for it could mean life and death."

Saying this he got up and jumped out of the mini bus and the driver switched off the lights and they all sat in the darkness with only the winter chill and chirping of the night creatures for company.

Rudran walked in front of the bus and Bhairav walked with him and both threw their senses all around them and it was bhairav who felt the presence of the terrorists up the hill a few kms away from them,waiting to ambush them.But that was not all for there were many of them going down even further for they were closing in the circle around the bus that carried the prime minister.

Hearing the noises of boots on the ground,rudran turned and saw group leader suraj slowly walking towards him and looking at rudran who was staring intensely at the darkness ahead of them " Mr.rudran what is it? what do you see? i know that you seem to be more aware of everything that is around us and right now we are all getting very nervous with your movements."

Rudran smiled " this is no time for nervousness suraj but time to kill or be killed.Come lets talk and work this out more clearly within the bus" and both went back into the bus and rudran faced them all.

" This path that we are taking has a few tight hair pin bends and is heavily forested and i sense that we might be ambushed in one of those corners and we will take a lot of fire from both sides of the mountain and that will be that."

Looking and scanning the bus,rudran spoke " this bus might be able to withstand bullets from a handgun but definitely not the bullets from a ak 47 or worse a grenade launcher."

Suraj shekawat hurriedly " Okay,then let us turn back and go down the hill and keep going until we can find a place where we can rendezvous with our team."

Rudran " too late for even that for they have come up behind us and are slowly closing in all around us."

The prime minister " But how rudy beta? How is that they know of my agenda and how is that they have mobilized so much forces and that too so quickly?"

Rudran smiled a wicked smile " A rat sir.We surely have a rat in our team back in delhi and that rat is the one who has supplied the enemy with information about our movements."

All of the were stunned at this revelation and now a growing sense of panic began to bubble and rise within the bus.

Voices whispered " What do we do now? how do we tackle these bas***ds?"

Rudran smiled and raised his hands "  silently,like death.We will take them down silently and stealthily and just like they have gathered around us,we will pull the rug from under the feet."

He looked at suraj " inform the command center that we are slowly making our way up the mountain and that we will be in the destination in a few minutes."

Then he requested the driver and owner of the bus to come forward and untying him gestured to the steering wheel and the driver who had listened to everything nodded bravely " It will be my honor and my pleasure to risk my life for the prime minister and for brave men like all of you."

Rudran saluted him " there is no time to waste and so switch on your headlights and drive,drive as fast as you can and don't stop when you hear gun fire and hopefully you can escape and also give us time to make use of this diversion."

All of the them got down and stood quietly as they saw the mini bus gather speed and roar up the hill and rudran looked at suraj and the rest of the commandos " We have minutes,maybe lesser than that and so now our priority is to break out of this circle of terrorists and get away as far away as possible."

The commandos watched as rudran took out the silencer and placing it in his handgun,slowly began to twist it shut " Absolute silence is necessary if we are going to make it out safely with the prime minister.Please switch of all handsets and mobile phones" and then he called the director on his mobile " sir,i did not call you on the official channel for it seems our movements are being tracked and we are now being hunted.Sir,i am going to leave my mobile on and i am doing that so that you will be able to track us down.Sir,close all the doors and request every chakravyuh member to hand over their phones and please send away all of them and
co-ordinate our rescue all by yourself and so that way we can be assured that there will be no leaks.Bye sir."

Rudran looked at all of them " Oyster formation and the prime minister is the pearl.I am going to move forward on my own and wait for my cue and then follow me carefully.understood."

Looking at all of them " Good luck gentlemen.Time to hunt.This is what we all trained for and this is what we do for we are all born warriors and there is no other place i would rather be than here facing my enemies.See you all on the other side and if i or you should fall,i will see you up above or down below and the drinks are on the prime minister."

The prime minister watched in fear as rudran moved away and disappeared into the darkness and they all waited for his signal.

Far away and a km up above them,the noises of dozens of machine guns opening fire rushed towards them and they knew that the mini bus had been attacked and they knew that they would have all been dead if it had been not for rudran.

Suraj looked at the prime minister " Sir,you know the man pretty well.who is he sir or rather what is he sir?"

The boy who went into the dark and came back with light. Edited by deepak_satish - 6 years ago
                                2017 Going,going,gone

2017,a year of journey,a brief moments
is going away to never come back
as went 2016,2015 and a few years before that
Ha,ha, i smile,chuckle and sneer
as facebook condenses an accumulation of two minutes
a video of a collection of images
purportedly my friends,my moments of 2017
and i bang my head against the wall
in vain,as time drains away another year

you can sprout new arms but cannot
turn back the hands of time
cannot take back the words of anger
cannot take back emotions that came out of commotion

a year,and a bunch of years have whizzed past
lost a bunch of hair and gained a bunch of creases
around my eyes and they say it is crows feet
although i personally feel the crows are gathering around

2018 will come around,the same time
the same months,the same days
and it will be the same,lame game
and nothing would have changed

But i hope i can lay my body and soul down on the last moments of 2017 and hopefully,faithfully arise out of it with a new 2018 in me and rise to a new time.
 Jannal oram 122

Minister Durai pandi,vijay bhaskar's father placed the phone back in its cradle and looked at his son and Raman " that was the commissioner and he is on his way and should be here in 30 minutes."

Raman stood up and slowly walked up to the minister " Sir,i think we should just keep quiet about minister vaidyanathan's involvement in the case for now.This is not just about you and your family alone but it involves my client shreekanth also and the safety of his daughter too."

Vijay too got up and gently grabbing raman's elbow " Raman sir,it is good for with this crime and also with the attack on Mr.shreekanth,we can back him into a corner and finish him and also remove the threat he poses to your client and his family."

Raman stepped back from them and looking at both father and son smiled " You think this will finish off Mr.vaidyanathan.Surely you are not joking for have you forgotten what portfolio he holds in this govt."

Looking at both of them " Home minister and it means the whole police dept is under his control along with Intelligence and gathering of intelligence.You think he will not cover his tracks and also give out false statements regarding the case and moreover without any firm evidence against his involvement,there is no point in jumping the gun and going to battle without any proper plan."

Minister durai pandi looked at Raman " Thambi,then what do you want me to do and how am i supposed to help you in this matter.Because,however you look at it you are involved in the case and also involved in beating up those six men and in the least,they will take you in for questioning and god knows what else."

Raman shrugged his shoulders " Don't worry about that sir for i can handle myself for it was an act of self defence and also it was an act to protect the innocent staff members of the shop.Nothing else."

Vijay bhaskar confused " Raman sir,then what was the need for you to ask for my help and what are we doing here at this moment?"

Raman poured himself a glass of water " I came to you to buy time and also so that you can request some co-operation from the cops to keep my name out of the case until i think of a way to get out of this mess."

There was a knock at the door and into the room entered Police commissioner A.K. Viswanathan and froze in his steps and stared at Raman and then looked at both the other men and still staring " You mister are the one in the video of the crime scene at Landmark bookstore,chennai citi center."

Then the man quickly realising his faux pas and also where he was turned to the minister and saluted and wished him " Good morning sir" and then greeted vijay too and turned back to face raman.

Raman extended his hand " I am Raman sir" and Police commissioner A.K. Viswanathan grabbed his right hand in an iron grip,shook it " Pleasure Mr.raman and i am Vishwanathan,Police commissioner of chennai."

All four men stood quietly and then the commissioner removed his cap and placing it on the table,sat down and the others followed suit and all sat calmly looking at each other,a bit lost for words.

But it was Police commissioner A.K. Viswanathan who broke the momentary impasse " Mr.raman,that was really good,the way you handled the criminals in the mall.I learnt a bit of judo and karate a long time ago and  i have not forgotten the basics and neither have if forgotten to recognise a true champion.Who is your sensei ?"

Raman looked up and spoke with pride " former DIG Devarajan sir is my sensei and i train in his dojo."

Police commissioner A.K. Viswanathan whistled " wow,thats cool.No wonder you moved like that.But Mr.raman,those kicks and punches are not part of judo are they sir."

Raman smiled " no sir,not part of the regular training or honestly is hardly ever taught to the general public."

Police commissioner A.K. Viswanathan " A man with many moves and many secrets.But how did you happen to be there at that particular point and that too when the store was still not open for business."

Raman looked away " Commissioner sir,i say this with total respect and i honestly mean no offence but that is a matter of slightly delicate nature and i would prefer to talk to you about that in private."

Police commissioner A.K. Viswanathan looked at the minister " sir,this gentlemen is involved in a crime and i have to take him in for questioning.But before that i would like to know what he is doing here and what connection you and your son have with him."

Minister Durai pandi smiled " Commissioner sir,please we are all friends here and on the same ground and so please no need to use technical police jargon.And have you forgotten that you are talking to the cabinet minister."

Police commissioner A.K. Viswanathan was not a man to back down from doing his duty but he was also a man gifted with diplomatic skills " sir,please don't be offended for i am just doing my duty and so have to ask these questions."

Vijay looked calmly at the commissioner " Me and raman went to college together and that is why he came here for help."

Police commissioner A.K. Viswanathan " Help,why does he need help?"

Raman answered " help to ease the tension and also to keep it quiet for there are other factors at play in this case.And to answer your question,i was there to talk to the manager about a crime that took place the previous evening in which my client was attacked and is now in the hospital."

Not waiting for a reply,Raman continued " I have already registered an FIR in the police station and only after that i went to meet the manager and well,you know what happened."

Police commissioner A.K. Viswanathan nodded " yes,i saw the whole thing on a large screen and i hate to admit that me and the others enjoyed it rather well.But coming back to the matter at hand,you have to come along and give a statement and answer a few questions for those men who you put down are seriously injured and it is all rather messy and confusing."

Raman thought for a second and then taking vijay aside whispered something and vijay gave him a quizzical look and whispered " what,but why,seriously?" and then called somebody and then spoke to raman.

Raman thanked him and called the number that vijay had just given him and spoke in hushed tones.

A few moments later,the mobile phone of Police commissioner A.K. Viswanathan's rang and he answered it and all he said was " Sir,but what am i supposed to tell or report,okay sir,will do sir?"

He stared at the mobile in anger and frustration and then looked up with a mysterious smile and spoke to raman " Wow,Mr.raman you do get around and you really have friends in high places."

Getting up,he looked at all of them and then addressed raman " that was my boss,the home minister Vaidyanathan himself and he requested me to not harass you and to keep your name out of the case and also keep a tight lid on the entire case itself.Well,that makes my job easy,a lot more easier.But Mr.raman,you still have to come in and talk to us and help us sort it out for the news is all over the place."

But heroes cannot remain in the dark or in the shadows for the light beckons them to come forward for heroes are the ones who give hope and faith to the others to go on living and fighting and making sense of it all.

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others, at whatever cost.-Arthur Ashe

Jannal oram 123

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Father and son looked at Raman and with a hint of unbridled anger,Finance minister Durai pandi folded his hands across his chest and asked raman pointedly " What just happened raman? what did you do? We had the idiot backed up against a corner and rather than delivering a killing blow,you just called him and let him escape? Why,i am asking you this because it just doesn't make any sense.You call yourself a good lawyer but here you are at the cusp of winning your case and you let the accused walk away.Sheer stupidity."

He walked and facing raman " You don't give people like vaidyanathan two chances to escape and still live to tell the tale.You don't know the extent of his evil claws and the depths to which he will be ready to stoop.when it comes to him,all that matters is himself and his family and he cares about nothing else.Everything is centered on that principle and everyone else are there to fulfill that principle's needs."

Vijay bhaskar nodded " Raman sir,have you forgotten how many men you had to fight to save me and my sister that  evening in the college.Tell me raman sir,how is it fair that you send thugs to attack and kill the children of you enemies family.How was i or my sister involved in my dads politics and what end would it have served by killing us.This is the true nature of vaidyanathan and let me tell you that he will not change a bit and it does not matter how many chances he is given,for the man is totally corrupt and evil."

Raman looked at both of them " I agree to everything you just told me about this man and it has been indeed proved beyond doubt in my own case for who would dare attack a father before his child and humiliate him thus.But is this the right time to attack him and go against him when he is the home minister and please do not forget that he holds nearly half of the MLA'S in his pocket.These 40 to 50 MLA's are not only with him for his money but because they belong to the same caste and in tamilnadu caste and blood speak louder than even money.So,there is just no point or sense in going against him when he is so powerful and when you and the chief minister are in a rather weak position and when the govt itself is dependent on him and his MLA'S."

Minister Durai pandi looked at raman " Okay,so what are you going to do and how will you handle the surely coming attacks and his other evil plans."

Raman smiling " sir,offense is not the only option left in any given situation,however dire it may seem and sometimes it is better to just defend and retreat so that the enemy will be lulled into a false sense of security.Let me go meet him and let me talk to him and find out what he has in store and i will see if i can call a truce."

Vijay worriedly " Raman,i am scared.honestly,i am really scared.This is a man who has people's lives extinguished with a phone call.so,if your talks with him fail and if the meeting for truce does not work,then what will you do?"

Raman shrugged and without even a moment's hesitation said " Fight back and then it will be a fight to the finish.But let us give peace a try for who knows what can happen or what miracles will happen.?"

Raman's mobile rang and recognising the number,he placed a finger on his lips,asking them not to speak and pressed the loudspeaker button and answered the call " Raman speaking" and the room filled itself with minister vaidyanathan's loud and arrogant voice " Raman,i don't know what game you are playing and what you hope to achieve but i am curious to hear and talk about it.So,meet me tomorrow at my house at 10.00 am sharp and we will discuss the matter on hand" and abruptly ended the call.

Raman looked at both of them " Okay,i have to leave now and i will keep you both updated as to what is going on."

Minister durai pandi grabbed raman by his right hand " Thambi,i meet a lot of people,too many people for me to remember and recollect.But you my son,are truly one of a kind and i am proud to have met you."

Then he gently hugged raman ansd whispered " I will die before i let any harm come to you or your loved ones.This i promise you raman."

Raman refused vijay's offer to drive him back and told him that he was going to the high court to his chambers and since it was just a few kms away,he would take an auto to reach there.

Both durai pandi and vijay wished him goodbye and watched raman leave and after his exit,minister and father looked at his son " Vijay,i don't know how you will do it but you will do it."

Vijay " enna dad,what do you want me to do?"

" I want raman in our party as a member and as a legal consultant.I see a great future for us if you and raman lead this party and with both of you in control,nothing can hurt us or shake us,ever."

The autorickshaw driver with a frustrated expression " Che,everyone seems to be going around in just 2 or 3kms radius and i am not getting any long savaari."

Just a few minutes later,he got out and looked at the meter and it showed 30 rs and handed the driver a 5o rs note and asked him to keep it and the driver thanked him and thought to himself " one rare advocate for usually  these men in black bicker over every penny and threaten me with police action and sometimes those rats have walked away without paying me and yet here is one rare hero walking away after tipping me.super."

Raman heavy in heart and with all the days happening weighin his soul walked through the red corridors and walked towards his chambers and found muthu standing near the door with his hands folded and then seeing raman burst into a huge,bright smile and ran towards him.

Raman looked at his watch and saw it was nearly 2.00 pm and asked muthu " I am really hungry and yet i know it will be too late to get some meals.So go pick up some curd vadai and a dosai or something."

Muthu " sir,you might not think of your meals and not eat on time but unga madam is not like that.she already made me buy the meals and has been waiting for you for nearly an hour."

Raman felt like his body had suddenly sprouted wings and smiling,he looked at muthu " Jeeva is here,here right now in my chambers" and muthu nodded,wondering what was going on with raman and left.

Raman walked quickly and entered the door and stood watching jeeva feeding the crows with some curd rice and then she turned and both stared at each other.

Both did not know when they crossed over or how they crossed over,but the next moment she was in his arms and he effortlessly lifted her off her feet and kissed her deeply and then held her tightly as if she was his own spirit and she grabbed him as if he was her last hope,her only lifeline that made the difference between life and death.

Nee oru kaadhal sangeetham...
nee oru kaadhal sangeetham
vaai mozhi sonnaal deiveegam,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7DhhNgdShc

nee oru kaadhal sangeetham | Ilaiyaraaja | Nayagan

Jannal oram 124

"Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle. ? Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Jeeva could not stop crying and Raman just held her tightly to himself and he let her cry and for jeeva his strong and steady heartbeat lulled and comforted her and she sobbed against his skin " I am so sorry Raman.I am so sorry for my behaviour and i am ashamed and embarrassed about it and i promise i will never behave like that,ever."

Raman cupped her face in his palms and gently kissed her lips,eyes and then looked at her,really looked at her and jeeva saw the tears in his eyes and she felt she wanted to die and vanish from the face of the earth for breaking him thus and hurting him thus and she cupped his face and her lips quivered " No,please don't,don't cry for i would rather be dead then see tears fall from your eyes.Not from your eyes,that are innocent,pure and filled with so much love."

Raman smiled " These are not sad tears but they come from my happiness and they flow from my soul.These are not sad tears for i don't feel sad or hurt with what happened between you and me today morning for i knew what you were going through and how much you were hurting and i only felt frustrated and angry that i could not share your pain and reduce your suffering."

Jeeva looked at his black eyes and saw his love and honesty and she whispered " please tell me that you are not actually the reincarnation of the Lord that is the hero in the epic Ramayana for i know i am not sita and can never be sita but i can probably be surpanaka."

Raman laughed and his laughter sent arrows of joy into every pore of her skin and it lit up the room and lifted both of them out of their gloom and he looked at her " I don't know about lord rama but i feel hungry and ravenous like Kumbhakarna always felt after waking up from his sleep."

Jeeva led him to the wash basin and washed his hands with her own hands in the water and then led him to the small table and sat close to him,her thigh stuck to his thigh and watched him eat while she ate her food.

Sambhar kisses,curd rice kisses and they kissed their way through lunch and they sat in their own world of love and only love and the long,soft and tender kisses were more filling than the food for their hungry tummies.

She looked at him " How was your morning? did you go to your law firm?"

Raman sipping water from the bottle looked at her " the morning was just about okay and no,i did not go to my law firm but i will be going there now."

Jeeva nodded " ok,so you met some clients probably."

Raman wondering what to say or not to say,looked at her " clients,yes.you could put it that way that i did meet many clients involved with my case."

Jeeva sensing his discomfort " I am sorry,i did not mean to pry but was just worried for the whole city is tense with the news of some terrorist attack in chennai city center.god knows what is going on there and how many are killed."

Raman looked away for he was not sure of what or how much to tell her but he need not have worried too much for she pulled her face towards her and looking into his eyes " Whats wrong sweetie? something is wrong for you just lied to me twice and so that means you are hiding something from me?"

Raman looked at her sharply and in surprise " you were able to tell i was lying from just being near me.Wow! i must surely take you along as consultant when i am cross examining a witness."

Jeeva " i am sure i will do badly for most people are expert liars but you my dear sir are very bad at it and i doubt if you can lie and get away from anybody.So,come on tell me what is going on?"

Raman placed the water bottle on the table and jeeva took the end of her saree and gently wiped the water drops and a bit of curd that was sticking to his lower lip and chin " i am waiting" and raman " ammadi,appadiye thuppaki padathula vijay solra line mathiri irukku."

" there was no terrorist attack in landmark bookstore which is in chennai citi center."

jeeva " what,how do you know that for sure?'

Raman smiling goofily " Well,well how do i say it.I know because i was there and saw everything for myself."

Jeeva practically jumped out of her skin and actually jumped out of the chair and looked at raman with horror and worry " What are you blabbering? you were there,right there?"

Raman nodded slowly " yes,i was there and i mean i was literally there when the action took place."

Jeeva screaming in panic " what is wrong with you and what the hell were you doing there anyway?"

Raman pulled her close to himself " i was there because i was following up on my case which involves my client who was attacked there last evening."

Jeeva breathing a lot slowly " thank god raman.the whole city is worried about this incident" and then asked him " so,no terrorists.then what happened and why are the police reporting that there were noises of guns being fired and many people are supposed to have been injured badly."

Raman scratched his head " i am not sure how badly the six men are injured" and jeeva looked at him " six people are hurt.Oh those poor souls.i hope they recover soon."

Raman shut her up with his lips and they stood kissing and pulling herself and stepping back she looked at him " you were saying" and raman knowing that there was no way she was going to let the matter go,sighed " yes six people were hurt but they were all criminals and had to be put down without mercy."

" Put down.What do you mean put down? for it is as if you literally put them down."

She saw a flicker of anger and also a ghost of an expression on his face that she had never seen before and she went a bit tense and raman nodded " I happened to be in the right place at the right time and time itself will tell how this case and incident is going to unravel."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UadEkLwWoKI

Azhage Azhagu-Raja Paarvai

Azhage Azhagu Dhevathai
Aayiram Paavalar Ezhudum Kaaviyam
Azhage Azhagu Dhevathai

Koonthal Vannam Megam Pola Kulirnthu Ninrathu
Konjuginra Sevigal Rendum Kelviyanathu
Pon Mugam Thamarai Pookale Kangalo
Mana Kangal Sollum Ponoviyam
Azhage Azhagu Dhevathai

Sippi Pola Ithazhgal Rendum Minnuginrana
Serntha Pallin Varisai Yavum Mullai Ponrana
Moongile Tholgalo Then Kuzhal Viralgalo
Oru Angam Kaigal Ariyathathu
Azhage Azhagu Dhevathai

Poo Ulavum Kodiyai Pola Idayai Kaangiraen
Poga Poga Vaazhai Pola Azhagai Kangiraen
Maavilai Pathamo Mangai Nee Vethamo
Intha Mannil Ithu Pol Pennilaye

Azhage Azhagu Dhevathai
Aayiram Paavalar Ezhudum Kaaviyam
Azhage Azhagu Dhevathai

Edited by deepak_satish - 6 years ago
                              An Actor prepares-1

This was my second meeting with Mr.Balakrishnan,director of the film "Kamaraj" and i sat across the table in his small office space with the monikor " Ramana communications",in a small flat and generally feeling small myself for the year 2017 had not been very kind as had been 2016 and now that diwali had come and gone early in october,ads assignments too were done and dusted and work would hopefully begin in feb or march 2018.

I sat across the table and looked at him as i had sat across the table in palmgrove hotel when i had met him the first time and it was an impromptu meeting set by rajashekar,associate director for the film " Thiruttu payale 2" in which i played a rather decent role( ssshhh,gone with the wind,dust in the wind).

When rajashekar called me and said that a director wanted to meet me regarding a role for a film,i went,jumped,flapped and flew and met him at Palmgrove hotel for i needed the work like i had never needed before and not even bothering to ask what the role or what the film was about.

Honestly speaking and i mean it,and only a few souls know this and that is i have never taken myself seriously and have never had ego hassles or complications when it comes to work,roles and the assignments i have done and will do over the years.

Both my soul mates venket ram  and sanjay have always told me that i need to put myself out,meaning,i should do more marketing,net working and although i have tried,really tried,i have failed miserably and both always drum it in me and keep instilling it in me,one message ( and that is shut your trap and do your work)

Well,i guess you will wonder what that last sentence means but honestly it means " adhiga prasangam vendaaam.sonnatha mudikittu senjittu vaa." ( it literally means s...a moodikittu,un velaya mattum paaru).It simply translates to " don't ask too many questions?( especially anything that might panic,confuse and frustrate the director who himself might not think like you do).

As i was getting ready to leave home,i turned to my soul and told her that the film was about MGR and that they have called me to do a role in it and that i had no clue what that character would be.

She looked at me,the wise and old soul that she is " A film about MGR and so that means you will be playing the role of MGR himself" and my jaw dropped and i looked at her for a second and the rolled around th ground laughing at her and her words and she gave me the godfather Corleone look and i shut up and tail tucked,drove up to Ramana communications in T.nagar and there i was,sitting,facing director balakrishnan and he told me that i am on the list of three or four that were vying for the role MGR.

I gamely put on my poker face and smiled and humbly thanked him for selecting and also considering me for the titular role of a living god,yes a god for thousands and i don't need to elaborate or justify that statement for it just is.

Two days later,i was called back for a screen test,photo shoot and makeup over,i slipped into and AIADMK colored dhoti,a cream shirt and then the symbols,the symbols that define the entity called MGR and that was his fur cap and his dark glasses.

Something happened or some lightning bolt seemed to hit the camera man,the makeup man and the associate directors and he hurriedly ran into the cabin and th director himself came running out and stood looking,staring and in the end nodded.

More than anything,i am a thinking actor and instantly thought and worked out what MGR would have done and said and how he would have moved around and the shoot started.

I asked for a pen and also asked for a piece of white cloth that he always carried and then proceeded to wear my titan chronograph on my right wrist and well,the shoot was done with me flashing the two leaves symbol.

I reached home,had lunch and forgot about the whole test shoot and went about my life until late evening when the director called and told me to google the words " MGR BIOPIC" and well there was an article by cinema express and there i was and i sat down as it struck me " Machaan,you have been selected to play the man,theee man himself."

To be continued

Redemption 234

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides
By the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will,
Shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness,
For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.
And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger
Those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee

Prime minister Jagannath mishra and the SPG commandos watched quietly as Rudran slipped away and soon became one with the darkness and swallowed by the forest disappeared completely.

Prime minister Jagannath mishra whispered a prayer for the safety of rudran and turning to suraj,the spg team leader " the answer to your question is that Rudran is really a hero and great one at that.We read about heroes and see them sometimes in real life but there goes a man who does this heroic things again and again as if he was born to do it and really has no clue that he is even doing it?"

Rudran entered the forest and as always,two very noticeable things happened as they always happened among other subtler changes to his senses and the first significant thing was Bhairav seemed to wake up and like old,alert him to everything that was happening around them.Rudran liked and had come to depend on these quiet and intimate sessions with his soul and maybe this always put him at ease even when death in the form of a bullet or a knife was just a moment away.

The other significant thing that happened was with the arrival of bhairav,his senses seemed to widen and he could see and hear better even if it was pitch dark and he had never wondered why he was able to see in the dark as well as he could see in day.

And even from the distance,Rudran could see,ten men ahead of him and all looking down from the hill side and down at the vehicle below that they had just bombarded with their AK 47'S.

The burst of the ak 47s and the reminder of the old man who had boldly gone ahead in his mini van set his pulse racing and unknown to him or bhairav,something more ancient and powerful happened which only his enemies could see and that was in the darkness of the forest,His eyes sprang an alien green.

Rudran moved and like a raging tornado soon landed behind the terrorists and then Bhairav took over and the silenced hand gun and the seven inches of sharp steel soon sent 5 of them to the other world from which there is no return.

In the darkness,he moved swiftly and the terrorists screaming and yelling in panic began to scatter around and the other terrorists on the other side of the road looked on as they saw their men run around shooting into the dark in utter confusion.

Rudran's voice whispered to suraj,spg commando team leader " move quickly and in a straight line and keep going and i will catch up with you."

But as in any battle,one cannot plan and prepare for all eventualities and thus it was the same here for Rudran did not take into account that the terrorists would have night vision googles and as it turned out one of them,obviously their groups leader was wearing one.

Rudran heard the man scream in Pashto language and telling his man to cross the road and go after the commandos for the prime minister was among them.

But by the time they could get dwon the steep hill side and into the road and begin to cross over,the SPG team with the prime minister were already moving quickly and had put a bit of distance between them.

This little time would mean nothing for the afghan taliban were perfectly at home in these kind of hills and their bodies were meant to climb steep hills for they were born among the hills and peaks of the Himalayas.

Rudran knew this and he raced to intercept and hold up the remaining terrorists and reaching a place where he knew he could make a stand also understood that since ten men were advancing on him,he would not be able to stop all of them and that a few would surely slip through and go after the team that were fast disappearing up the hill.

Rudran called the spg director and informed him of the situation and asked urgently where the rescue helicopters were and the director told him that they would be there any moment and rudran screamed " You can see me via our satellites and our team with the prime minister are climbing the hill behind me.I am going to make one final stand here so that i can buy them enough time to reach the top and where they can board the chopper.So send one to the top and one to the road where i am and ask them to fire at the terrorists that are in front of me."

And then Rudran hear the choppers coming in and knew instantly that they were not far off and just a few moments away and whispered to suraj,SPG team leader " major suraj,the choppers are here and i want you to board them the instant it touches ground and the first person getting on board should be the prime minister and you.I want the remaining commandos to take cover and watch out for other terrorists.okay."

Then Rudran froze and fear clutched his heart as he saw the terrorists look up into the night sky as the noise of the helicopters reached them too and then the leader screamed and what he screamed was what put its icy fingers around rudran's heart and the words were " Helicopters,bring out the stinger" and some of his men quickly brought forward two large boxes and quickly opening them hauled out a long tube like device and another terrorist pushed in a long evil looking thing into the tube and then Rudran was moving and both the brother moved and they moved like the aliens they were and the forest fell silent as the blood of The ancients awoke to its fullest power.

Rudran screamed into his mike as he ran with the speed of light ' Sam,Stingers,stingers beware.Two stingers are being armed.Take precautionary measures."

If there is one word that can cause a heart attack to a fighter pilot or an helicopter pilot,they are " SAM".

A surface-to-air missile (SAM), or ground-to-air missile (GTAM), is a missile designed to be launched from the ground to destroy aircraft or other missiles. It is one type of antiaircraft system; in modern armed forces, missiles have replaced most other forms of dedicated antiaircraft weapons, with anti-aircraft guns pushed into specialized roles.

FIM-92 Stinger

The FIM-92 Stinger is a Man-Portable Air-Defense System (MANPADS) that operates as an infrared homing surface-to-air missile (SAM). It can be adapted to fire from a wide variety of ground vehicles and helicopters (as an AAM). Developed in the United States this weapon system entered service in 1981 and is used by the militaries of the United States and by 29 other countries. It is principally manufactured by Raytheon Missile Systems and is produced under license by EADS in Germany and by Roketsan in Turkey with 70,000 missiles produced.

Light to carry and easy to operate, the FIM-92 Stinger is a passive surface-to-air missile, that can be shoulder-fired by a single operator (although standard military procedure calls for two operators, spotter and gunner). The FIM-92B missile can also be fired from the M-1097 Avenger and the M6 Linebacker. The missile is also capable of being deployed from a Humvee Stinger rack, and can be used by airborne troops. A helicopter launched version exists called Air-to-Air Stinger (ATAS).

The missile is 5.0 ft (1.52 m) long and 2.8 in (70 mm) in diameter with 10 cm fins. The missile itself weighs 22 lb (10.1 kg), while the missile with launcher weighs approximately 34 lb (15.2 kg). The Stinger is launched by a small ejection motor that pushes it a safe distance from the operator before engaging the main two-stage solid-fuel sustainer, which accelerates it to a maximum speed of Mach 2.54 (750 m/s). The warhead is a 3 kg penetrating hit-to-kill warhead type with an impact fuze and a self-destruct timer.

To fire the missile, a BCU (Battery Coolant Unit) is inserted into the handguard. This shoots a stream of argon gas into the system, as well as a chemical energy charge that enables the acquisition indicators and missile to get power. The batteries are somewhat sensitive to abuse, with a limited amount of gas. Over time, and without proper maintenance, they can become unserviceable. The IFF system receives power from a rechargeable battery. Guidance to the target is initially through proportional navigation, then switches to another mode that directs the missile towards the target airframe instead of its exhaust plume.