Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rajdoot thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
this is a world of reality, you need to step out of your bubble.
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nothing. Why should they ? They earned it by their BO. Wasn't Madhuri paid higher than Salman for HAHK. Let there be a true female superstar. I am all for equal pay but for equal work. 
I am in the IT field, I do the same work like a man of any ethnicity. I am discriminated against. That is not the same as a FL in BW or HW. 
HayeSiyaapa thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
As much as I am all for ending the wage gap, BW works on a different terms. Its all about audience acceptance here. Its not like a normal job where if you work hard you will end up with the same result. As doctors, lawyers, businessmen/women, males and females can accomplish the same goals and deserve the same paycheck.

In BW, the said 'goal" is to be watched by mass audience and make alot of $$ via box office collection. Until an actress can pull in that much $$ on her own, why should she be paid as much as an actor? They put in the same amount of work, agreed, but if the the movie maker is unable to get as much return back, you cannot blame him for not wanting to invest. As sucky as it is, its reality. You should be paid based on end goal. 

And I think all this won't change until the public changes. Audiences arent as gungho about female centric films. They dont drive out in masses to watch actresses for some reason. 
eating_orange thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think of regardless if you are a big star or not, once your films start to flop, your pay should be less. Why does any star deserve 20 crs or more? They dont! And if they flop or can't bring in the audience, why pay them so high? 
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
No one else can fight for you. You have to fight your battles yourself. Women should unite and make sure a film is not cast till the actress is paid her fair price.
Originally posted by: TheRager

No one else can fight for you. You have to fight your battles yourself. Women should unite and make sure a film is not cast till the actress is paid her fair price.

But it is not that easy. They will cast new young girls who would love to get a break in movies and salary demand is the last thing in their mind
Actresses don't have much market value so who will pay them as much as male superstars? You get paid based on what openings you can bring to movies. Even the hit movies like Queen are based on word of mouth, not the star power that the actress brings. 

Nothing will change as long as India remains a misogynist country and only cares about watching male actors. 

People here have bleeding hearts about actresses getting paid 5 crores instead of 10 crores? ðŸ¤£They are already getting paid a lot and enjoying a rich life. Better to worry about those that need it than wealthy privileged women who already make a lot of money. 

Also, most superstars produce their own movies using their own money and they take all the risks that come with that. You can end up bankrupt if things don't go well. Actresses need to pull up their boots and produce their own movies, write their own scripts, and get involved in the behind the scenes processes. Stop begging other people to do things for you.
Edited by anonymous39 - 6 years ago
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Men dominate box office and do most of the work too. No point blaming them. 
None of the women centric films get good openings  while even flops of male stars ensure some sort of opening. 

I agree with anonymous. Women should start producing films and take risks. Be in the position of power and dictate. Good on Anushka and PC for at least taking an initiative and set precedent. Then next generation may get a clue and pull their socks up. If most actresses are looking to land a Mr. Moneybags after their shelf life is over, this industry will remain as it is. 
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Maybe when the newbies debut make sure u pay both of the equally and keep it at that level until and unless one of the two proves they have more BO pull
But this cannot be done by the Khans unless they produce any of these movies

Next is the current gen male actors barring Varun and RK
None of them should be paid a cent more than the current A list actresses till they manage to make higher openings without an A list actress or make super hits with A list different actresses

And none of the above suggestions should be any Khan's responsibility. It's producers across the industry. They can honestly decide what they pay both leads as a whole and split it in half for any none superstar (Khans, HR, Varun, RK, Akshay, Ajay) movies Edited by princessunara - 6 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ProudGay

But it is not that easy. They will cast new young girls who would love to get a break in movies and salary demand is the last thing in their mind

That is why I said all women should unite. If not their situation will be like singers... easily replaceable with 2-3 years shelf life. Ofcourse women have to be reasonable. Like Parineeti can't get as much as say Aamir but she must get her fair price. Certainly get more than her junior male colleagues.