PreeRan OS: Crazy and in love chapter 2 update pg 2

Abhi1393 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey guys! This is a three shot and a slightly long one. So my apologies in advance for the extremely long post. This is a continuation of my FF That thing called love. I hope you'll enjoy reading this. Criticism is always welcome. 

CRAZY AND IN LOVE!

Chapter 1- pg 1
Chapter 2- pg 2

Chapter 1

Ever since they had confessed that they were madly in love with each other, Karan and Preeta had been inseparable. They had been dating for almost a year now but nothing had changed between them except for their relationship status. They continued to argue over something as petty as whose turn it was to choose where they were to go for dinner and that's what defined them. They had become all the more comfortable with each other, cherishing each other's flaws and celebrating life together. While Karan had become more caring and responsible, Preeta had become more fun-loving and open to pranks! Their stormy affair was no longer a secret and Karan loved flaunting his love in front of one and all. They would bicker like school kids and make it up to each other over ice cream dates and coffee dates. It was something they enjoyed together! Karan had, over time, come up with many more funny pet names for his Kareli- one of those being Dumbo Jumbo. And Preeta had become so used to being called silly names that sometimes she wouldn't respond to him if he happened to call her by her own name. Everyone had come to adore them- the Aroras and the Luthras- and they couldn't wait for these two to finally take the plunge and announce that they were ready to get married. 
Today was a special day for the two lovebirds. It was a Sunday and both of them had an off. Preeta had come over to Karan's bachelor pad a little earlier, not bothering to wake him up since she had keys to his place. This was one of those major milestones in their relationship when within 3 months of dating, Karan had handed her the extra set of keys to his bachelor pad so that they could spend quality time together on Sundays. Karan liked to explain this gesture saying he loved his sleep too much to get up in a semi-stuporous state just to let her in. However, on one of his drunken moments, he had blurted out to Preeta that he loved to wake up in the morning and see her beside him, without having to get up from bed. Preeta had gone into a fit of laughter at his cuteness and pulled his cheeks and poked his dimples, pulling him into a tight hug when he had passed out on her lap, smiling in his sleep. Although usually they would make breakfast together and watch one episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S, today Preeta had decided to surprise Karan. She arrived early and headed straight to his room. She took in the interiors, noticing how his individual poster sized pictures adorning the walls had gradually been replaced by some pictures of her and some pictures of the two of them captured in their elements. He had even convinced her to be a part of his magazine shoot and now that gorgeous picture happened to be placed right in the center of the wall, above his king-sized bed. She smiled to herself remembering that one time when she had drilled Karan about the increasing number of pictures of herself and of them on his wall and he had just shrugged it off saying he just happened to look too good in them and that the poster-sized couple shot was a gift following the magazine release. Preeta had gradually got used to Karan trying to hide his sweet gestures under the garb of his attitude and arrogance and at times, she liked to indulge him while at other times, she would just trump all his arguments. Karan was a romantic at heart but his ego never allowed him to admit to it and she had come to adore even this particular trait in him. She would never admit it in front of Karan but she had even come to love his annoying habits. Trying to be as quiet as possible, she tip-toed to the bed, where she was lost looking at Karan sleeping like a baby without a care in the world. She walked up to his side, and planted a soft kiss on his dimpled cheek, before tip-toeing out of the room. She knew Karan would be awake in an hour's time and she had to have her surprises in place before that. She was going to celebrate this special day with him, and she knew exactly how to. She headed straight to the kitchen, and got busy preparing his favorite breakfast. She knew he usually didn't indulge in anything that was laden with calories but he had his cheat meals too. She had discovered this when she happened to walk in on him once in the middle of the night when he was stealthily hogging on cupcakes that she had kept in the refrigerator. She had teased him to no end and he had finally given in to her demand for the truth and told her how he loved all kinds of junk food and had a really sweet tooth but his profession demanded him to stay fit and on a strict diet. But he tried to have his share of cheat meals once in a week at least. 
Preeta had decided to make his favorite Oreo cookie shake, chocolate cheesecake, coleslaw sandwich, waffles and crpes for breakfast. As she started her preparations, her excitement started touching its peak. She couldn't wait for Karan to wake up. She wanted her plan to be executed perfectly, just as she had planned. After all, it was their first dating anniversary. She wasn't sure if Karan remembered or not, but for her, it didn't matter. She knew Karan wasn't good with dates at all and to be honest, she didn't care as long as she had him by his side to celebrate each day of their life together. She was going to surprise him with breakfast in bed as soon as he woke up, then begin with a red rose and a letter, and end it with a surprise gift she had been lucky enough to procure for her love. As she was setting the breakfast tray, she heard Karan's alarm go off. She knew Karan would get up at the count of ten and the moment he woke up, he would want to see her. So she hurried across to his room and placing the breakfast tray on the side table, she sat down near him. Just like she had predicted, at the count of ten, she could see Karan stirring, with a slight smile on his face, and even before opening his eyes, his hands met hers and he sat up on the bed with a big smile plastered on his face, and looking into her eyes, wished her "Good morning Babydoll"! She made a face at that extremely weird sounding pet name he had given her, before breaking into a smile as bright as the morning. Failing to hide her excitement, she started fidgeting before asking him to close him eyes and get ready for his surprise. As he complied, she carefully placed the breakfast tray in between them and asked him to open his eyes. As he did so, he was awestruck! Not just with the lavish spread of breakfast in front of him but with the fact that this girl right in front of him was all his now, and even if he never mentioned as much in words, he knew it was true. There it was, a red rose, a letter, and all his favorite food arranged so tastefully. He couldn't contain his happiness and reached upto Preeta for a hug, almost dislodging the tray in the process. 
Karan immediately reached out for the letter and started reading it like an overexcited teenager; despite Preeta's requests to read it after she left. The note started with her addressing him as Mr. Crazy Luthra. The note read, " Happy first anniversary Mr. Karela. I can't begin to tell you how beautiful this year has been, all thanks to you. Just like you had predicted, you've kept me on my toes right from day one. Every single day has been nothing short of an adventure for me. Discovering something new about you each day has been the most amazing part of this journey. I can finally give myself a pat on the back for understanding all that you don't express in words. I have fallen in love with you all over again every single day- that dimpled smile makes me putty in your hands and you've used it to your advantage way too many times now for me to keep a count. Your antics are now a part of my routine and whenever you go out for a tour, my days seem dull and lifeless and I feel like a robot just going about the daily chores, without enjoying something as simple as a coffee. You've got me addicted to you, but in a nice way. I'm so proud of all your achievements. And I am so touched that you've always made sure I've been there to share your special moments with you. You are still as annoying, still as childish, still as self-obsessed but I love each of those bits coz these traits make Karan Luthra the man I fell head over heels in love with. Sometimes you drive me so crazy that I want to pull out my hair, but the next moment you are so adorable that all I want to do is smother you with kisses and hold you tight in my arms. I love you as much as or even more than you love Nutella pancakes. P.S. I know you don't remember dates well and most probably you don't remember our first anniversary. But no offence taken coz I'll always be there to remind you of these special dates. Now it's time for you to open that special gift."
It's very rare for Karan to find himself in situations that leave him speechless but this was one such rare moment. How could he ever stop falling for this girl? She never failed to surprise him with her gestures. Karan got out of bed, pulled her towards him, and nuzzling against the nape of her neck, whispered huskily in her ear, "Preeta, I love you so much. Even if I've never said it before, you should know you're the best thing that ever happened to me. Thank you for the lovely surprise. And I can't wait for that special gift." As he comfortably settled back in bed, he tried to playfully pull her on to his lap but failed to do so. After hogging on the lavish breakfast, Preeta led him to his cupboard and asked him to open his gift. Karan was thoroughly confused as to what the gift might be. He quickly peeled away the gift wrapper and was left in a state of shock yet again! His girlfriend never failed to amaze him! How did she even know things he never mentioned to her! If there was an award for the best girlfriend, no one would deserve it more than Preeta! There it was, his most prized gift- his cricket bat autographed by his idol. Karan had always been a cricket fanatic, never missing a single match. And he was always awestruck by Kapil Dev- his idol and the one person who had inspired him to take up cricket as a career. Preeta hadn't failed to take note of that tiny detail, which could have easily been lost amongst their endless conversations. He had to find out how she managed to get a gift like this. Preeta couldn't stop smiling looking at Karan. Karan was happier than she had expected him to be. He was inspecting the gift like a child who has been handed his most coveted toy. Responding to Karan's question, she revealed that while she was at the stadium cheering for Karan at one of the cricket matches, she came to know that Kapil Dev sir would be coming over in a while to see the match. Considering Karan was now a popular name in the field of cricket, she took advantage of her access to meet his idol and after a mini chitchat with him, had impressed him enough for him to readily autograph a cricket bat for him. 
Karan couldn't get his head around the fact that his shy and reserved girlfriend could go to such an extent to get him something so special. Hugging her tight in his arms, he couldn't stop saying thank you. He lifted her up and spun her around in circles, excitedly shouting how happy he was. Gently putting her down, he then gave her a sloppy kiss on her cheek, making her mouth form that perfect O that he had come to love over time. Smiling at her, he said he could feel her  kiss even while he was fast asleep, because he had become so used to her that he could sense her whenever she was close. 
Asking her to make herself comfortable, he then rummaged through his cupboard and finally finding the gift bag, handed it to Preeta. Karan seemed even more excited than Preeta as he waited for her to open her gift. Preeta opened the bag to find 5 gorgeous dupattas, smiling as she understood the meaning behind the gift. Digging in further, she found a note from him that read, "I know I'm bad with dates but even if I forget my own birthday or yours, how can I forget the day you walked into my life and made it more beautiful than I have ever known it to be. You argue about everything, you drive me crazy, but you make me a better version of myself. This gift is just to make up for all those times when I've been your 'dupatte ka dushman'! 
Preeta pulled his cheeks yet again, saying 'Aww! I didn't know you could be this adorable also, Mr. Akdoo!', while Karan kept cribbing that if she kept pulling his cheeks like this all the time, someday he might just end up looking like a bull dog. Karan couldn't help but treasure this moment in his mind forever, a moment so perfect and so blissful. Sitting there beside her, holding her hands in his never felt more right than at this very moment. He was madly in love, despite their busy schedules and their arguments. Maybe it was time he settled down, so he could have her right next to him at all times. Maybe this is what his mom meant when she mentioned the joy your life partner can usher in your life. And as they were engaged in an eyelock, reminiscing all their beautiful moments together, they were interrupted by the doorbell.

Edited by Abhi1393 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MafiaQueen17 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Awesome, lovely, fentastic
i love it darling, beautifully wrritern
they are so cute and adorable
falala333 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The doorbell!! Who's distrupting this super cute bonding time?

Anyways, I could not stop smiling at this super sweet story ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Their gifts for each other were so sweet & those letters that went with were so cute & so them!
Parud78 thumbnail
Wow... loved every bit of it...โค๏ธ this OS felt like it came straight from the heart... it was beautiful in a way it described how relationship between two equals/partners should be...
 I loved how you captured little moments in their Life...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

who the heck is at the door๐Ÿ˜ก
Abhi1393 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Parud78

Wow... loved every bit of it...โค๏ธ this OS felt like it came straight from the heart... it was beautiful in a way it described how relationship between two equals/partners should be...

I loved how you captured little moments in their Life...๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

who the heck is at the door๐Ÿ˜ก

Thank you so much for this heartwarming response. :)
Abhi1393 thumbnail
Originally posted by: falala333

The doorbell!! Who's distrupting this super cute bonding time?

Anyways, I could not stop smiling at this super sweet story ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Their gifts for each other were so sweet & those letters that went with were so cute & so them!

I'm glad you liked it :)
You'll find out soon about the mystery of the doorbell :P
Parud78 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Abhi1393

Thank you so much for this heartwarming response. :)

You are welcome.. looking forward to the next part...
LiveLoveLaugh96 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Finally going to reply to all the stories

This is amazinggg!! I lovedd how u kept their characters intact post their relationship

It was beautiful! Would love to see something like this in the show.
Great work! Looking forward to reading even more :)
Sheherezade thumbnail
KARAN LUTHRA! I have already fallen head over heels for this guy and you writers make me fall even harder for him. I loved karan more than preeta in this. His letter and gift were too cute โค๏ธ how to take care of every small gestures and make scenario cute should be learned from you, my love โค๏ธ
Abhi1393 thumbnail
Chapter 2

The perfect eyelock moment was interuppted by the sudden ringing of the doorbell. Coming out of his reverie, feeling a little irritated at the ill-timed ringing of the doorbell, he put on his T-shirt and rushed to the door. It was Sameer, grinning widely at his brother-cum-best friend. Karan pulled him inside, complaining about how Sameer always managed to interrupt his romantic moments with his girlfriend with his bad timings- be it his phone call or visit. Karan continued, "Sameer, tu mera bhai hai ya pyaar ka dushman? Jab dekho mere romantic moments pe daaka daalne aa jaata hai! Mein kabhi tere aur shrishti ke beech mein kebab mein haddi banta hoon kya!'
Sameer, trying to explain his visit, said, " Kya bhai, aap bhi na! Ab jab tak aap apne door pe Do Not Disturb ka board nahin lagaenge, tabtak mujhe kaise pata chalega. Arre ab yeh sab chhodiye na bhai. Happy anniversary! Aur haan, yeh raha aapka parcel, jo aapne pick up karne ke liye bola tha kal. Ab mein chalta hoon, nahin toh aap zaroor mera murder kar doge!'
By then, Preeta had already come out of the room to find Sameer and Karan having a chat. So before Sameer could take his leave, she called out, 'Arre Sameer! Tum yahan? Ab aa gaye ho toh breakfast karke jao na!'
Sameer, who was not only a big foodie but also a huge fan of Preeta's cooking, couldn't resist the offer. He was gladly about to accept the invite when he saw Karan shooting daggers at him with his eyes. Finding himself torn between the offer of yummy breakfast and his brother, he was hesitating at the doorway when Preeta pulled him inside and said, 'I know you want to stay for breakfast but your Bhai is giving you angry looks. But you don't worry! I'll handle that!' 
After an hour of catching up over breakfast, Sameer finally got up to leave, saying he had to go pick up Shrishti before she landed up here and thrashed him for being late. Thanking Preeta for the amazing Sunday breakfast, he wished both of them a happy anniversary and dished out a beautiful carved box out of his pocket, telling them that Shrishti and he had handpicked the gift for them. It was a beautiful heart shaped locket, one half of which had P carved on it and the other half had K carved on it. And inside was a note evidently from Shrishti that read 'This is to celebrate the superhit movie PK- P for Preeta and K for Karan! Ab aise hi anniversary manaate rahoge ya wedding anniversaries celebrate karne ka chance bhi doge aap log!'
Karan and Preeta couldn't stop laughing at Shrishti's adorably crazy streak. Thanking Sameer and Shrishti for such a beautiful gift, they waved him bye-bye. The moment Sameer was out of the door, Karan started throwing tantrums, complaining that Sundays called for no interruptions, not even from his own family. Smiling at his childish behavior, Preeta came up to him, giving him a side hug and asked him to cheer  up and get ready as they had the whole day to plan out. Karan agreed to relent only if his demand for a kiss was fulfilled. And Preeta knew she could have her own way with him, said that he could keep sulking in a corner but she wasn't going to give any kisses to anyone. Karan was irritated, complaining that Preeta didn't have a single romantic bone in her body and she was making him boring as well. With that said,  Karan had to give in and he finally got up to get ready. He knew how he wanted the day to pan out, his Miss Mental may have no idea about it but he knew this was going to be one special day for both of them. 
Dragging her with him into the room, he asked her to close her eyes and wait till he came back. He picked up the parcel Sameer had given him and came back inside the room to find Preeta sitting with her eyes closed so obediently that he wanted to laugh and tease her. He joked, "Arre Dumbo Jumbo tum aise achhi bachchi ki tarah baithogi toh tum apna gift dekhogi kaise?"
Preeta: "Arrgh Khadoos kahinke! Tumhi ne toh bola tha! Next time se main tumhari baat bilkul nahin sunne waali hoon. Ab lao mera gift!"
Karan handed over the huge parcel and asked her to help herself coz the packaging was too much for a lazy person like him. Having said that, he made himself comfortable on the bed, lying down right next to where Preeta was sitting. While Preeta was busy unwrapping her present, Karan was having the time of his life staring at her and waiting for her reaction when she realized what he had got for her.
As she opened her present, there it was- that gorgeous off shoulder black gown studded with sparkling rhinestones and crystals. She had fallen in love with it the instant she had laid her eyes on it. Trying it on, she had felt like a princess in a fairytale. She had noticed how Karan looked so smitten the moment she had walked out of her dressing room in that gorgeous gown, and the magazine photoshoot had gone so smoothly coz they looked like the perfect couple, Karan didn't need to act when he was already awestruck and couldn't take his eyes off her. And Preeta had always cherished that moment coz Karan never went overboard with his compliments, but that magazine photoshoot day had been an exception. He looked like a lovestruck puppy the entire time. She had fallen in love with the photographs as well, each one more perfect than the other. But the one of the two of them- she in that beautiful black fishtail gown and he looking dapper in his black suit- had turned out the best, with both of them staring into each other's eyes- this was the picture that Karan now kept as the main highlight amongst his wall of photographs.  Even after the picture had been taken, both of them were so lost that the photographer had to yell several times before they broke out of their trance. That was definitely one of her favorite memories. After the wrap-up, Preeta had been a little disappointed bidding goodbye to that gorgeous gown. And now, here it was- in her hands, all thanks to this adorable guy in her life. As she looked towards Karan, she knew Karan had known it all along that she had fallen in love with the outfit and he was just resting there to see her expressions when she saw the gown. Before she could say anything, Karan asked, "I'm sure you loved the gift. But ab rona mat shuru kar dena. I didn't get this for you okay? I got this coz I loved seeing you in this outfit. You looked breathtakingly beautiful. So I asked the designer to let me buy the gown for you as a gift. But he being a good friend, said it was a gift from him coz he hadn't seen anyone who could have made the gown look as beautiful as you did. And even though I didn't like how he was so awestruck with you, I didn't mind taking him up on his offer. I know you loved the gown when I heard you talking to yourself in the dressing room that day, and I actually considered taking you to the doctor for talking to the gown but then I let it go. Preeta punched him lightly for  acting mean, and Karan slyly pulled her by her arm, making her land on top of him, so now their faces were mere inches apart, their noses touching. Karan whispered lightly, " Preeta you are beautiful in and out, no matter what you wear. But that day, when you stepped out looking like someone straight out of a fairytale, my heart skipped a beat. I was so mesmerized I couldn't even concentrate on the photoshoot, and you can see that reflected in all the pictures. I think I fell in love with you just a little more that day and why not? Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, he continued, I know you are still getting used to my ever changing moods, my sarcasm, my humor, my way of expressing myself. Par ek baat hai jo kabhi nahi badli na badlegi, aur woh hai..."
Preeta: "Aur woh hai?"
Karan: "Aur woh yeh hai ki mera din tumhari taang kheenche bina poora nahin hota!" And with that, Karan burst out laughing, leaving Preeta fuming! Karan ran out of bed, teasing her that it was just a revenge for the time she tricked him and didn't kiss him. As they kept chasing each other in the room, they stumbled and fell on the bed. As Preeta was trying to get up, Karan pulled her towards him, making her land on top of him. Holding her firmly by the waist, he rolled her over to his side and carressing her face, told her how she had slowly become his world. And as apologetic as he was about what he was going to do, he had to do this coz this moment seemed so perfect. Grand gestures had their own charm but spontaneity was what they had started off with and so he wanted this perfect moment to become more perfect. 
Preeta was left spinning from the multiple thoughts in her head. Her heart was racing and her mind was blank. Anticipating a kiss, she couldn't bring herself look at Karan in the eyes.
Karan continued his monologue saying, "Don't kill me for this. I know when I first confessed I loved you, I didn't do much for you and I had always imagined making it up to you by proposing to you in a grand way. But somehow it never happened. And right now, I am just so overwhelmed by this perfect moment, our perfect happy world together, this proximity. I don't know if I can be  more honest about my feelings if not right now. So I don't want to postpone it to a later  date when it would never be as perfect or as heartfelt as it would be now. Look at me Preeta for God's sake. Don't shut your eyes, feel nahin aati. "
As Preeta slowly opened her eyes to find Karan looking intensely at her, Karan threaded his fingers between hers and kissing her hand, he continued, "No grand gestures, no balloons, no violins, no roses, probably not how you've ever imagined it, just another Sunday with us lazing around, but I just wanted to ask you if you'd give me a chance to wake up next to you everyday of my life? I want to come back home every single day knowing all I'd have to do to meet you is walk into my own room and find you waiting for me as eagerly. I want to do all these things we plan for Sundays, on all days of the week. I want to stay up late at night, watching a movie with you, without you worrying about having to go back home? I want to have you  by my side each time I celebrate my success, or come back dejected after a disappointing match. I want to be able to rest my head in your lap whenever I want to, without waiting for you to come to my bachelor pad. I want to be able to hold you in my arms, even when I'm sleeping. I want to be able to turn on to my side in my sleep to find you sleeping next to me. I want to have you nagging and bickering with me whenever you want to- be it the color of the shirt or the loud music I play or which side of the bed to sleep on. I want to be able to steal a kiss whenever I can. I want to be able to hold your hand in mine and go to sleep. I want to be able to wake up in the middle of the night and talk to you coz I am not sleepy. I want to be able to go on vacations with just you and me, without having anyone talking about us coz I know it affects you. I just want you to be mine forever. Coz even though I never believed in the institution of marriage, I don't think anything would change between us with or without marriage. If it is a license for me to have you with me at all times of the day without any justifications, then I'm ready for it. Miss Preeta Arora, will you become Mrs. Preeta Karan Luthra? I'm sorry it didn't turn out to be a grand proposal but I didn't want to miss out on this perfect moment. I know I may never have said all these things to you so honestly later on. But I just want you to know I love you and having you by my side always is all that matters to me."
Karan had poured his heart out, leaving himself at her mercy. He felt so free, so secure, so happy. And he could sense her surprise.
Preeta, who had been so pleasantly stunned and speechless all this while, with her heart racing and dancing and pirouetting, was overcome by a surge of happiness. Nodding her head in the affirmative, she leaned forward and kissed him on the lips, whispering 'I love you so much', leaving behind a shocked Karan. And before the extremely overjoyed Karan could lean in for another kiss, she pushed him back with a finger on his lips, and continued, "Karan, I never expected a grand proposal but neither was I expecting something like this. We have bought so many gifts for each other, gone out to the fanciest of places but you know what makes me the happiest? That smile when I cook your favorite breakfast, or when I read your thoughts without you telling me anything, or when you turn in your sleep and hold my hand and don't let me get up and leave, the way your wall has slowly become the evidence of our changing dynamics. I'm reeling right now, from sheer happiness. The way you simply poured your heart out, without any compulsions, had me melting. I don't know if anything you would have done otherwise could have matched this perfection. This is us Karan. Speaking about whatever is on our minds without hesitation or formality. And I'm glad you're breaking stereotypes and staying true to the essence of our relationship. Stop making me fall hard for you. Don't you think I already love you enough? You've given me the best surprise- something I could have never imagined. I wish someone could pinch me right now to make me believe it is not just a beautiful dream."
Karan, with a naughty smile playing on his lips, said, "Pinch toh nahin, par aur kuch zaroor kar sakta hoon." And without waiting for her response, he pulled her in for another kiss, losing himself in the moment, and realizing this moment is all that matters. And he would make sure he had many more such beautiful moments with the love of his life."