Abhishek Sharma bagged lead role after almost 800 auditions

Posted: 6 years ago

IANS | Sep 25, 2017, 18:02 IST
Actor Abhishek Sharma, who has featured in shows like "Best of Luck Nikki" and "Mere Angne Mein", says he is happy to play the lead role in a show for the first time. He got the opportunity after almost 800 auditions. 😲

"Getting a lead role is a dream come true. I came here (Mumbai) in 2010 from Delhi and after seven years and almost 800 auditions, I got this. I am more happy for my parents. They trusted me and had patience, Abhishek said in a statement.

How much does he relate to his character?

"My character in this show is a bit unreal in today's world. So, it is not relatable. Babbu singh is a guy who has been raised in a 'mukhiya' family and he is a brat. He knows he will be the next 'mukhiya' of the village. I don't relate with the character as I am not like him in real life.

"But that's what I love about my job. I am portraying a character that's totally different from me.

Edited by ALUJNA21 - 6 years ago
Now I do remember as I was watching Mere angne Mein he was a goon there also.
Each and every actor keep saying they are playing something different but the truth is they keep playing someone who exists on the earth.
Originally posted by ALUJNA21

Each and every actor keep saying they are playing something different but the truth is they keep playing someone who exists on the earth.

Exactly and lead role😑😭is what making 

I still feel it is very disheartening that to have fantastic actor like indraneil as a cameo !😑

Not interested either in him or the character baboo
Originally posted by Kavila

Exactly and lead role😑😭is what making 

I still feel it is very disheartening that to have fantastic actor like indraneil as a cameo !😑

Not interested either in him or the character baboo
U R RIGHT instead of roping Indraneil they should have chosen someone who looks more tough goon than this one...
Who took him in a lead role???
It's so funny that none of us see him as a lead and now we know why. 
Originally posted by angelic8219

It's so funny that none of us see him as a lead and now we know why. 
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
But why he always baggs for Goon Lead 😑
Originally posted by opsora2090

But why he always baggs for Goon Lead 😑
Because of his look...Watched him in Mere angne Mein and let me tell in my POV he does look like one who's better playing a negative role.
Originally posted by ALUJNA21

Because of his look...Watched him in Mere angne Mein and let me tell in my POV he does look like one who's better playing a negative role.

Ha i have noticed him now.. he is the perfect character for negetive , but not hero lead...But iyaha to iyeahi lead hai ..band baj jayegi acchi khashi serial ki 😭.. poor nimki , i couldn't tolerate him beside Nimki 😭