AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Anyone else feeling super nostalgic seeing the Maruti 800 being used in the show for Sameer and his family?πŸ˜†  And the fact that it was apparently a "luxury car" in the early 90s?πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovely_nikki thumbnail
My very first post in this forum πŸ˜³

Not just Maruti 800, but everything in this show is making me feel Nostalgic πŸ˜­
I laughed so hard at the only Phone in the building thing πŸ˜†

It's so true, as it reminded me of how we too would get phone calls from relatives of our neighbors as they didn't had phones to make international or long distance calls.

I remember even we would write down the messages if neighbors were not at home πŸ˜†
Aarzoo47 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hi, probably my first post too lol I just love this show its so fresh I'm hooked !! Ieverything about it is nostalgic and their first meeting gave me butterflies 
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: lovely_nikki

My very first post in this forum πŸ˜³

Not just Maruti 800, but everything in this show is making me feel Nostalgic πŸ˜­
I laughed so hard at the only Phone in the building thing πŸ˜†

It's so true, as it reminded me of how we too would get phone calls from relatives of our neighbors as they didn't had phones to make international or long distance calls.

I remember even we would write down the messages if neighbors were not at home πŸ˜†

Hey welcome to the forum...it's kinda dead right now but hopefully discussions will pick up :)

haha yes the single phone in the building...leaving messages for people to come wait for a call back...haha feels like a different century now in the era of smartphones. 

I also loved the reference to reusing any torn cloth...making something else out of it, ultimately a pocha but never throwing it away easilyπŸ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: saksham-p2

Hi, probably my first post too lol I just love this show its so fresh I'm hooked !! Ieverything about it is nostalgic and their first meeting gave me butterflies 

Hi, welcome :) 

Yes, the show deffo stands out right now for it's fresh approach and the 90s nostalgia feel. 

The depiction of the school days is so bang on down to the tiniest details...lol and Sameer-Naina's story would remind anyone of old school crushes. 
lovely_nikki thumbnail
Originally posted by: AreYaar

Hey welcome to the forum...it's kinda dead right now but hopefully discussions will pick up :)

haha yes the single phone in the building...leaving messages for people to come wait for a call back...haha feels like a different century now in the era of smartphones. 

I also loved the reference to reusing any torn cloth...making something else out of it, ultimately a pocha but never throwing it away easilyπŸ˜†

Thanks for the Welcome πŸ˜Š

I hope few more members join this forum as right now this serial is really good. It's different from other serials. 

Oh yeah, the torn Dupatta thing πŸ˜†. Who knew that torn Dupatta will become *clothes* for naked containers in the kitchen πŸ˜†
When they become old for those containers only then they'll be used for a Pocha πŸ˜†
By then some other garment will be ready to cover those containers πŸ˜†

Banjaaran25 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

was that kiss me toffee wrapper on the love letter?
brought a huge smile upon my face (though that toffee used to taste horrible).

that salman khan long hair style for men. i laughed so much remembering old days where our strict school teacher grabbed literally grabbed the long locks of my guy friends and ordered.
"Salman khan ho ya sanjay dutt? bal katwake aana kal".

rati agnihotri poster. wish they would bring in gold spot too.

toothpaste .. my lovely aunt used to run belan over comatose and dead toothpaste to get the last drop of paste out of it.

pocha.

a single phone for entire mohalla.

PCO.. different timings and prices accordingly and waiting in line.

nostalgia.

that line: hawaa mein ummeed.
SO true. world feels like humanity going to hell in handcart feels now. (banning 24/7 news channels and most SNS sites will be great initiative to bring in some ... ummeed.).

pc_pals thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Anu.. Long time πŸ˜³
This show is bang-on nostalgia.. Radio and songs playing in your mind when you come across some filmy circumstances are so relatable πŸ€£  songs lyrics ka post mortem karna to jaise birthright hota tha "aag barasti hai saawan mein, paani ka kya kaam".. Lol.. 

I too wish i could see gold spot in school canteen.. Steel lunch boxes to ab hardly koi le jaata hai.. 90s were so much fun.. Cant forget we going gaga over maine pyar kiya and QSQT..

Kissme toffee glued on love letter.. Cheesy kiddo stuff back then.. Lol..  But that toffee sucked in taste.. 

u can really feel like Naina while watching this show.. us age mein jaisa lagta tha.. Darr to lag raha hai par maza bhi bahut aa raha hai πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by pc_pals - 6 years ago
TC_FA thumbnail
IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
Everything is nostalgic about this show.Whether its ladkiyon ka filmi gaane na sunna,school jaane ke liye do chotiyaan karna,parents Ki maar,number kam aane par parents ka darr πŸ˜†

Yesterday when Sameer came to school in maruti 800 ,everyone were looking at him with so much surprise and shock like they had seen the car for first time.Maruti 800 was a luxurious car at that time.Aaj kal koi puchhta tak nahi πŸ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: Banjaaran.

was that kiss me toffee wrapper on the love letter?
brought a huge smile upon my face (though that toffee used to taste horrible).

that salman khan long hair style for men. i laughed so much remembering old days where our strict school teacher grabbed literally grabbed the long locks of my guy friends and ordered.
"Salman khan ho ya sanjay dutt? bal katwake aana kal".

rati agnihotri poster. wish they would bring in gold spot too.

toothpaste .. my lovely aunt used to run belan over comatose and dead toothpaste to get the last drop of paste out of it.

pocha.

a single phone for entire mohalla.

PCO.. different timings and prices accordingly and waiting in line.

nostalgia.

that line: hawaa mein ummeed.
SO true. world feels like humanity going to hell in handcart feels now. (banning 24/7 news channels and most SNS sites will be great initiative to bring in some ... ummeed.).

haha yes that toffee tasted HORRIBLEπŸ˜†

Aww thanks for sharing all your memories too...there is just SO much material to go back to, haina? Ahh Gold Spot...and CAMPA COLAπŸ˜†

PCO pe baat karna kitni badi baat hoti thi...you had to make an effort for it...aaj kal with the convenience of having a phone right at your fingertips has somehow taken away the value of conversation with a loved one. 

Completely agree with your last line...the information overload has killed all that feeling of hope in the air.