Kundali Bhagya

PreeRan SS: Just For Tonight UPDATED on Pg 5

...Maham... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Hello people,
So this idea's been stuck in my head ever since I read a spoiler along the same lines (Too bad it hasn't turned out to be true). 😆  I finally decided to try my hand at writing it down so there you go. Please know that it's been a couple of years since I last attempted fanfiction so this might be a tad rusty. Its going to be a two-part story. I hope you like this first one. :)

==================

PreeRan SS: Just For Tonight

Part 1

Preeta didn't know why she had done it. She had thought it was all over, that she had left her past behind when she had left Nasik but then Deepak had materialized out of thin air and made it all for naught. Her head throbbed with the onset of a headache as she remembered how he had held her, making wild promises of love while pleading for forgiveness. When she had broken things off with Deepak her only regret had been her inability to fulfill her Father's last wish of marrying the man he had chosen for her. Preeta wasn't sure how much she believed in love. Or atleast she didn't believe in the type of love that you saw in the movies. Love was certainly not the word she'd use to describe her relationship with Deepak and maybe that was the reason she had spared him little to no thought lately, too busy dealing with the uncertainties and problems that had found their way into her life when she had set foot in Mumbai. And then, out of nowhere, she had found herself in his arms, her first instinct was to run. Deepak's words might as well have fallen on deaf ears as she desperately looked for a way to escape, when she saw him exit the building. Karan Luthra. He was an absolute pest & normally the sight of him would cause her to groan inwardly. The man was a walking headache as far as Preeta was concerned but right then, he seemed like her way out.

Karan had halted in his tracks upon seeing her, a curious look in his eyes even as she pulled away from Deepak. "I'm with someone else now." The words tumbled out of her mouth. Deepak took a step back then. She turned, flashing a bright smile at Karan, before making her way towards him. If he was curious before, he looked slightly confused now as Preeta grasped his hand firmly and pulled him forward. "This is Karan. Karan Luthra. My..." She trailed off suggestively, too awkward to actually say it out loud. Karan looked like he had a very good mind to ask her to finish that sentence but Deepak did the honors instead. "You're in a relationship with him?!" He bit out, as if the idea of Preeta having someone in her life bordered on impossible. The tone of disbelief irked Preeta and only strengthened her resolve. "Yes I am." She said with a saccharine sweetness that had her insides recoiling a bit. Karan's mouth fell open at the exchange, he gaped too surprised to actually refute her. She remembered feeling relieved about that, the memory of him opening and closing his mouth like a goldfish bringing a wry smile to her lips now. Deepak had continued to glare suspiciously at the pair of them before stalking away for what she hoped to be the last time she would see him. She let Karan's hand go immediately as he disappeared into the building, the awkwardness of what she had done settling in. "What the hell was that?" He almost shouted making her wince. "That was a play-by-play of what you did with Sofia the other day." She said looking him square in the eye, inwardly surprised by the lack of bashfulness from her end.

"So that was... that... He tried to piece it together.

"That was my ex." She told him easily.

"And you thought that, instead of telling him that you weren't interested in getting back together, it was a good idea to showcase me as your boyfriend instead?!!"

"Well it worked well enough for you didn't it?" She snapped now.

He couldn't argue with that and she only heard a brief mutter of "I had my reasons."

"As did I." She said loudly, making him jump. "Look I'm sorry for involving you like that. It was stupid but I just didn't think I could..." Her tone turned soft as she struggled to explain herself. To her surprise he butted in with an "it's okay." 
It must have shown on her face because he shrugged in response and said "I told you. I'm not as bad as you think. But no more of this charade, okay?" He warned. She reassured him that it was the first and last time but true to his nature, he started to ramble about how he couldn't afford to be seen with her too much & how it would be bad for his reputation, he was Karan Luthra after all. His words only made her roll her eyes before she cut him short and told him she was leaving. 

"Oi! Mental! I'm not done with you yet!" He called out. She groaned, wishing she hadn't involved him at all now. Not bothering to turn around however, she simply lifted a hand to wave goodbye in what she hoped made her look nonchalant instead of idiotic and kept walking. What was it about this man that made her behave so unlike herself? She had wondered then for perhaps the umpteenth time. She could examine the nature of their relationship later though. Right now, her thoughts were still centralized around Deepak. What was she going to do? Would he back off knowing she wasn't available anymore? Deepak was stubborn and persistent when it came to getting his way. What with all the recent problems in her life, her sister almost going to jail, the tension with their Mother not to mention what had happened at Luthra house last week with Kareena bua and her Mother's marriage hall being in danger of closing down, Preeta wasn't sure if she was up to dealing with the whims of an ex. It was why she had lied. She almost never lied, trying to be straightforward & strong all the time but dealing with Deepak required a little extra patience and strength that she wasn't sure she possessed at the time.

What if he figured it out though? She tensed now. What if he saw through it all and came back? Her head ached at the very thought of it. Shrishti lied all the time and somehow got away with it too while she, Preeta, dreaded being discovered after just one lie.

The prospect of seeing him again swirled in her head even as her body gave into the physical exhaustion that she felt. Why couldn't her life be easier? Why couldn't she seem to catch a break? Was that so difficult? She kept thinking, the slight bitterness easing only as she sank into dreamless sleep. Tomorrow. She would deal with all of this tomorrow.

Karan Luthra was pacing around the room, his head still full of the little stunt Preeta had pulled earlier. What if she was pretending? What if she just wanted to latch onto him like he had thought before and this was another one of her tricks? He obsessed. No, no, no. Even Preeta wouldn't go that far. But how could he be sure? Glaring at the wall for the lack of an answer, he threw himself onto the bed and fiddled with his phone for a bit.

Shrishti.

Unlike Preeta, he trusted the younger Arora sister. She would definitely help him get to the bottom of this. Kareena bua should have her number, he thought, getting up and making his way to her room. He amused himself on the way with the idea of how Shrishti would react, perfectly able to imagine how thrilled she would be to have him calling her.

His aunt looked at him suspiciously as he lied easily about a friend looking for an event planner. Unlike him, she didn't like either of the Arora sisters. Probably their Mother too, considering the drama that had ensued at his cousin sister's engagement. Thanking her for the information, he said goodnight before dialing Shrishti. Whatever Preeta was up to, he'd know soon enough.

"KARAN SIRRR! Shrishti screamed in exhilaration at the other end. He had to keep his phone at a distance, smiling nevertheless. He loved his fans and there was something particularly transparent and infectious about this one that he couldn't help but feel fond of her.

"Yes Shrishti, it's me. He repeated for the fifth time once she had finally calmed down a bit. "I needed to ask you something. It was only when he said it that he realized how perfectly odd it would sound if he suddenly started prying into Preeta's life. Shrishti was cute but she wasn't stupid. She was clearly waiting for him to continue so when he ended up resorting to small talk, it took her a few seconds to respond.

"So how are things? He asked flippantly, hoping she'd just go with it... To his relief, she took the bait and told him a bit about her Boss and a particularly difficult client. Trying to show interest to keep the conversation going, he racked his brains for a way to switch the subject to Preeta instead. God seemed to be on his side though when Shrishti herself brought her up.

"Di's already asleep? He heard her say. She had clearly spoken out loud but it didn't matter. He would take his chances. "Preeta? He asked inquisitively. "Yes, she normally waits for us to have dinner together but I guess she was too tired... Shrishti trailed off. Karan could sense she was worried for her sister.  "I'm sure it must be that. He said, not sure why he was trying to help.

"She's running a fever! Shrishti said in a concerned tone and Karan couldn't help but tense. "Karan Sir, I'm really sorry but I have to go... She tried to speak but Karan interrupted her instead. "I think I know what might be wrong. He said. "You do? Shrishti asked, confused. He told her about seeing Preeta earlier in the day with a man, leaving out the part where she had paraded him as her boyfriend. Shrishti's fury was enough to tell him that Preeta had not been lying. The man had definitely been her ex and going by how angry Shrishti sounded, not a particularly nice one at that. He asked her to take care of her sister and herself, just to be nice since she did help him out, before cutting the call. He was blameless really, he insisted, even as he felt a twinge of guilt over doubting Preeta. She had fallen sick and all he could think of was... Get a grip Karan. It's not your fault she has a fever. If it was anyone's fault, it was that man he had seen. Karan hadn't liked the look of him. He wasn't the best judge of character but there was something vile and untrustworthy about him. Maybe he'd ask Preeta more about him tomorrow he found himself wondering until the direction of his thoughts caused him to back up. He would do no such thing. The last thing he wanted was to get involved in Miss Psycho's love life. Resting his head on the pillows, he willed himself to sleep instead. Come morning, all of this would be gone and forgotten he thought, the idea comforting him as he fell asleep with a slight smile on his lips.

Preeta was avoiding Karan. Or atleast she thought she was until she found out that he had left for practice early surprising everyone. Usually it took an endless series of wakeup calls from his older brother to get him out of bed. Relieved that he wasn't at home, she went about her work trying her best not to think about Deepak. It was hard considering Shrishti had confronted her with their meeting as soon as she had woken up. She couldn't help but feel a little mad at Karan for telling on her. Why had he even called? Atleast he had had the sense to keep her little lie to himself. The teasing that would have followed would have lasted days. Perhaps months. Her sister had a quick imagination and her tendency to conjure up stories and get completely carried away was not new to Preeta. She would have insisted that Preeta had taken Karan's name because she had feelings for him on a subconscious level. She didn't ofcourse. Preeta immediately chided her sister even though this was all in her head before telling herself to get a grip. She was starting to become about as paranoid as Karan. Trying to focus on the reports before her, she rubbed her head. The fever was still there and she wished she could simply go home and sleep. As she sighed wistfully at the thought, her phone buzzed. Glad for an excuse to avoid work she turned her attention to it, tensing when she saw the sender's name flashing on her screen.

Deepak.

Karan felt like he was a burglar sneaking around the house, as he carefully made his way to his room. Practice had ended early and his Mother had insisted that he come home for lunch. Parents. He thought as he rolled his eyes. Most people didn't see it ofcourse but Karan loved his family very much and tried his best to keep them happy. He wasn't the responsible, doting son like his Rishabh bhai. His love for his family reflected instead in his playfulness, the way he enjoyed the feeling of making them laugh and how he loved them so completely and always had their back even if they didn't know it at times.

"What has Miss Mental reduced me to? He muttered under his breath as he finally managed to enter his room without running into her along the way, a tendency he seemed to have developed ever since she had started working there. Sometimes he wondered if she purposefully lurked around corners waiting to bump into him and inevitably fall into his arms.

Not today though. He thought with a satisfied smile. He would stay in here until her working hours were over and then he would be free to go out. The day was turning out exactly how he had hoped it would.

Preeta stared blankly at her phone as the text she had received slowly registered.

"I'm sorry about what happened yesterday, It started innocently enough "If I had known you had already moved on I would never have approached you like that. I have booked a table for 2 at the Novotel Hotel at 9 PM tomorrow. Please consider it as my way of making amends. I hope you and your boyfriend enjoy the dinner and accept this as an apology for any distress I may have caused. I look forward to seeing you two there. Deepak.

He was trying to test her, she thought frowning slightly at the bit about her moving on. She was sure that was to make her feel guilty but it didn't. It only irked her more. The more pressing problem was ofcourse the invitation he had extended. If she declined, he would either continue to pester her for her forgiveness' or he would conclude that she didn't show up because she wasn't actually in a relationship with anyone and it had all been a lie. Either way, she couldn't seem to be rid of him. Somewhere in the midst of her brooding she had gotten up and made her way to Karan's room, realizing it only when she found herself at the door. Rubbing her palms now, she licked her lips nervously unsure of whether she should talk to him or not. An odd sort of march followed her indecisiveness where she'd take a few steps forward only to retreat and start over again. When she finally made to knock at his door, it opened of its own accord surprising her for a split second until a warm body rammed straight into her & they both yelped in pain.

"What are you doing here?! Karan asked, massaging his nose where it had bumped against her forehead. She had no idea what to say even as she rubbed her head. He continued to glare at her, still expecting an answer and wordlessly, she handed him her phone instead.

"What am I supposed to do with this? He said frowning. "Right, yes. Preeta cleared her throat before touching the screen so that Deepak's message lit up. Karan read it, the frown only intensifying and she thought she saw his eyes flash.

"Well? He said as he handed the phone back to her. Ofcourse he wouldn't help her, Preeta thought. She had been stupid to come here. "Sorry I just... She said awkwardly turning on her feet. "Oi! Mental! He called out. He was clearly preparing to laugh at her she thought, inwardly cursing for setting herself up like that. "What are we going to do? He said instead and she stopped dead in her tracks.

We?

He seemed to have realized the same because he was bumbling like an idiot when she turned around to look at him again. "I just meant that... well you know... we... I mean you... She watched him, slightly amused at his sudden inability to form a coherent sentence. Sighing in frustration finally, he seem to give up when nothing came to him and chose to look at her, expecting her to lead the conversation instead.

"Would you... would you be willing to go to this thing? She said finally, not sure if she came off any better than he did. "What time did he say? He asked. "9 o' clock.

"Nine... He trailed off, appearing to do some thinking. "Alright. He said finally. She wanted to ask him why but it was probably better not to push it. He was such a paranoid man; if she inquired further he would probably end up thinking that she was trying to seduce him into going out with her. "Thanks. She said instead, hoping he'd believe her. He simply nodded and she took that as her cue to leave.

"Oh and Preeta? He called out as she rounded a corner. "Wear something nice. He said grinning cheekily as she turned to look at him again. Rolling her eyes a bit she left, his laughter still resounding in her ears as she exited the house. It was only when she reached home that she realized he had called her by her name.

Karan Luthra was a strange man. It was probably stranger that tomorrow she would be going out with him though because really... who would have thought?

That's it! Let me know what you think. :) I'll put up the second part soon!

Cheers,

Maham

Edited by ...Maham... - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Srimukhi thumbnail
Very nice SS... Do continue😛
ZumSrK. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I loveeed it so much hayeee can this please happen in the show ? Makers learn from it. This was so so good ❤️ of course kept imagining things while reading it

My favourite parts when Karan asked why did she thought of this idea and yasss preeta replied it worked for you 😎 she had her answers ready! Love love how he showed concern for her by saying it's okay for this plan & calling shrishti to check up on her & feeling guilty about doubting preeta I want this in the show *cries*

I loved how he you mentioned he called her mental all the time but in the end called Preeta & she noticed it! To her surprise he agreed to go with her yasss!

Post the second part soon! Excited to read next one 🤗 Hugs hugs 🤗 it was great reading it.
aishwarya12joys thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
It is amazing. I love ur writing. Preeran are almost same i love the way to depict their feelings
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow really amazing loved it 
Absoluv thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Super awesome.. lovely

Absolutely enjoyed it ... please continue and I hope we get to see
Similar track in the show
ria.april18 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Lovely writing dear😃...I enjoyed it thoroughly👏
When Deepak reentered,I also expected these kind of scenes but alas. So thanks for writing the ss on this topic...it is really entertaining...do continue soon..😳.
__VIHU thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Very well written dear..
Preeta taking help from Karan.. Nice idea.. 
Karan worried for Preeta.. That was quite cute actually.
Specially that date.. He readly concented to help her.. Such a sweetheart..

Preeta.. Wear something nice.. He want it to be a proper date.  Waiting impatiently for the date..
You're a brilliant writer and I just loved it..
Thank you
nknaini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome story plz update soon
Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Beautifully written - loved Preeta's reply that it worked for him!
You have portrayed the characters like the show... their  physical pull / mental battle - eagerly waiting for the next update - hope it's a passionate one😛