Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Khushi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Originally posted by: aish.

Write an essay about what? Listen, I don't know what sort of mindset yours is, but I'm definitely not thick enough to call someone I don't know an airhead. Even creative freedom has its restrictions in a country like ours. Where television manages to influence a wide part of our society, we need to give them progressive content at least to an extent.  Any show that encourages child marriage and stalking ia undeniably wrong. You probably have NO idea how horrible stalking is and what it's implications are. And in a country where it's so common,  we don't need shows upholding it as well ._.

It's useless to tell you about what. I didn't call just anyone who I don't know, an airhead. I used the word airhead for the ones who came across as airheads to me. Television, influence, creative restrictions these are the kind of lame jokes I do not wish to reason with.

Progressive lmfaooo... has become another lame word. Suddenly everyone wants to be 'progressive' just cuz it's progressive to be 'progressive'. But duh! Not everything will be as one wants them to be. One can be progressive only once they accept the fact that there will be progressive things in the world and regressive things in the world and that what's progressive and what's not will be a subjective matter. The definition of 'progressive' will not be the same for everyone. Some people would want to work and some would prefer to marry and settle down. Some would choose to protest every belief and some would prefer following every belief even if they are termed as orthodox. Progressive is when one accepts the fact that there will be all kinds of things and people. Same goes for stalking.. your definition of stalking is different than mine. It's a matter of perception which will differ from person to person, accept it or not. Do not dictate your perception about things as the the ultimate truth.

Edited by ..Khushi.. - 6 years ago
aish. thumbnail
Originally posted by: ..Khushi..

It's useless to tell you about what. I didn't call just anyone who I don't know, an airhead. I used the word airhead for the ones who came across as airheads to me. Television, influence, creative restrictions these are the kind of lame jokes I do not wish to reason with.

Progressive lmfaooo... has become another lame word. Suddenly everyone wants to be 'progressive' just cuz it's progressive to be 'progressive'. But duh! Not everything will be as one wants them to be. One can be progressive only once they accept the fact that there will be progressive things in the world and regressive things in the world and that what's progressive and what's not will be a subjective matter. The definition of 'progressive' will not be the same for everyone. Some people would want to work and some would prefer to marry and settle down. Some would choose to protest every belief and some would prefer following every belief even if they are termed as orthodox. Progressive is when one accepts the fact that there will be all kinds of things and people. Same goes for stalking.. your definition of stalking is different than mine. It's a matter of perception which will differ from person to person, accept it or not. Do not dictate your perception about things as the the ultimate truth.

I'm sorry but Wth was that? Did you just mean to say that child marriage is progressive in ways? And that it's completely okay?
And stalking according to you is subjective? 
Either you're extremely young or just extremely stupid.
Normalising a child stalking is horrible. No wonder our country is seeing the things it is today. When people like you normalise such horrid events, they never stop. 
..Khushi.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: ErisedWitch45

Well said Aish. If stalking and child marriage are cute things then I don't know who's head is filled with what. Child marriage is NOT cute, it is NOT a friendship. It is a crime, a horrific one. Normalizing it to grab eyeballs, is NOT okay. 

Is it though? But it's legal in many states of the US. Even people as young as 7- 8 year get legally married. Who gets to decide what's crime and what's not? What about the divorces that happen between grown ups? And teenage pregnancies? And million other damaging things are shown on TV?
aish. thumbnail

Is it though? But it's legal in many states of the US. Even people as young as 7- 8 year get legally married. Who gets to decide what's crime and what's not? What about the divorces that happen between grown ups? And teenage pregnancies? And million other damaging things are shown on TV?

Is this show set it US? Atleast come up with a valid argument. 
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

I'm sorry but Wth was that? Did you just mean to say that child marriage is progressive in ways? And that it's completely okay?
Normalising a child stalking is horrible. No wonder our country is seeing the things it is today. When people like you normalise such horrid events, they never stop. 

Adding to this, working or not being allowed to work after marriage can be termed as progressive or regressive. Crimes cannot. Child marriage by all sense of the word is not only regressive but a crime. There is no subjective view in this. Showing child marriage as cute doesn't justify it. 
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
if anyone watch show properly this serial is not at all favor of child marriage   nor it is promoting child marriage .

promoting child marriage means child marriage should be done in any circumstances. child marriage should be shown any how

but here in this serial producer does not want to show child marriage should be done anyhow

if ratan father would have alive then ratan would have not marry to diya . because his father to protect him

Edited by surabhi01 - 6 years ago
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

@bold - yes! Child marriage is a crime in India. It's illegal.

@red - somethings called govt, law and order.

@blue - what happens b/w grownups is between them. As long as they are consenting they can go for divorces. How is divorce equivalent to child marriage? Teenage pregnancy, even if the girl has given consent but is underage, will be termed as force by law. 
About other things - people are speaking up. This is one small step in that direction. :)
..Khushi.. thumbnail

I didn't say anything, again you perceived it your way because that's how you look at things. Child marriage is progressive or not, how can you decide? It may work for some and not work for some. How it turned out for many Indians, doesn't decide whether it's good or bad for all other beings around the globe.

My comment on stalking is again how you perceived it. Not everyone following someone is stalking. Intent makes all the difference. But you seem to blindly follow a standard definition for everything. What our country is seeing is a result of airheads and messed up heads who lack the power of judgement. No third party can be blamed for the choices one makes and the thinking one develops. Just because most people in our country used child marriage in a horrid way doesn't mean it's horrid. Horrid are the people.. and trust me no amount of morally strong shows will help in shaping anyone. It will be ultimately their own choice.

Also, whether I am young or stupid is entirely my problem.

..Khushi.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: ErisedWitch45

@bold - yes! Child marriage is a crime in India. It's illegal.

@red - somethings called govt, law and order.

@blue - what happens b/w grownups is between them. As long as they are consenting they can go for divorces. How is divorce equivalent to child marriage? Teenage pregnancy, even if the girl has given consent but is underage, will be termed as force by law. 
About other things - people are speaking up. This is one small step in that direction. :)

If it is than how about working towards stopping such deeds in real. Why run after a fiction?

How do you decide who is actually grown up and who is not? Grown ups can be mentally more immature than many young ones. Who will go around filtering anyone's mental age? No matter how much one tries, you cannot just put things in a standard frame.

About other things, they are being shown on TV day in and day out. And what you are calling as a small step is nothing.

GOT is full of much more messed up shit. Do not give me excuse that it's a historical series set in some fantasy land. Either talk right and wrong by putting everything in the equal ground or don't talk at all.

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
only ppk crictizer know what is illegal or legal .thanks for eye opening otherwise v would have never known child marriage is illegal