Posted: 6 years ago
Thankfully, someone actually brought the context of Gulaal here. I have not liked this show at all but was a die hard fan of Gulaal!.
Shocked !
No, I am not a Tejaswini hater nor someone who doesn't have a broad mind! In fact, I liked the actress, she is pretty, vivacious and graceful!

From the day I had watched the PPK trailer, my interest was piqued. Even after repeated protests against the show, before coming to any conclusion, I watched each and every episode with a dedication to understanding what the makers were trying to show.

Much to my dismay, I was grossly disappointed!
The subject is Bold! The treatment very shady and to some point absolutely tasteless.
My problem is with the TRP hungry makers and PH who have dished crap in the name of a unique story. The treatment of the story is pathetic.

Would like to mention, another beautiful story, in the same theme which I watched a few years ago, Numm.
Trust me, it was even a bolder subject, with much more complex taboo relationships but what a graceful show it was!!. I still remember each and every scene of Gulaal and Numm which were poetry in motion. 
Sadly, PPK  has chosen good ingredients but dished out a bad recipe!!
The same old TRP gimmicks, a Bhabho like expressionless character, garish loud BG music, Unreal scenarios and no solid foundation for any character's actions.
It pains my heart that a story which could have been so fabulous has turned out so bad!

I still wish the makers take note and improve their execution!
why should makers of ppk exactly imitate show of gulaal

btw producer and director of balika vadhu and gulaal were same

gulaal and bv were produce by sphere origin and both serial directed by Siddharth sen Gupta

though in bv it was later directed by Pradeep Yadav

and both serial bv and gulaal use to come on same time at different. channelEdited by surabhi01 - 6 years ago
Originally posted by Rainbow29

Anybody in this forum who used to watch Star Plus show called 'Gulaal'?

That show is a masterpiece..very well written and executed. The bond between Kesar & Gulaal was the highlight and all in all it was one beautiful show.

comparing gulaal to this bullshit is insult to former at all level .it was so mature there and ppl are repulsed not bec of young  boy women concept but the way ratan is acting it is not befitting a child and he has lost all innocence 
Any controversial or taboo subject can be brought to the small screen if executed properly
If  PPK is getting so much flak,  then it is because its execution is tastless. sony and the PH were clearly trying to grab eye balls by making it ostentatious, it was a trp gimmick. Which is why sony was promoting it so much,  they thought it had the  potential to pull up their otherwise dead channel. too bad it all backfired

Shashi sumeet productions does not have sensitivity or quality  in mind when writing stories. they have a show based surrogacy airing on zee tv, and even there, they made a mockery out of the topic and turned it into a TRP mess/family drama.
show base surrogacy is not shown at zee TV but shown on colors
kisi ne sahi kaha thaa "people want hot romance". Are woh baccha ek pari se shaadi karna chahata hai kyonki uski kaki ne use ek pari ki kahani sunaayi thi. Sab bachche ek jaise hote hain kyaa? Marte hue baap ko jo sahi soojhaa usne kar diya, ab ye to concidence ki baat hai ki Ratan ko apni pari mil gayi but not in very happy circumstances - aur ab ek Angrezan kehti hai "Why could not the father employ the services of a security agency?" Are security guards khareede bhi jaa sakte hain. Lekin Ratan kaa baap Diya ko thodaa samajh ta thaa ki She would be the best bet for his child's life. Mooh boli behen ya maa ka koi faydaa nahi hota. Uske apne rishtedaar mar gaye the kyaa jo mooh boli maa behen chahiye thaa? Patni ka hi ek adhikaar ho saktaa tha (as per social rules) ki woh Ratan ki parchaayee ban sake.

Now Rajasthaan ke rajwadon me bachon ko thodi tameez sikhaai jati hai - ki women logon se thodi izzat dekar relate kare. So baccha wahi kara rahaa hai - ki apni pari ke saath izzat se pesh aa rahaa hai. The kid in not a hyperactive creep - okay.

Are agar shaadi nahi hoti to in dono ki acting - children's pari wali movie ho sakti thi - this is that plain and innocent.

Logon ko le dekar koi kaam nahi hai lagtaa hai
Yes yes yes!
I was a huge fan of that show...one of the best written ones I've seen till date.

And in search and hope of a similar great show I recently started watching this one. ðŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by ChannaMereya

comparing gulaal to this bullshit is insult to former at all level .it was so mature there and ppl are repulsed not bec of young  boy women concept but the way ratan is acting it is not befitting a child and he has lost all innocence 

We have to remember that this show is not even 30 episodes old...so we have yet to see what the writers have in store for us.  But I think this is the same production house that gave us Diya Aur Baati Hum, so I have high expectations.

I think it is difficult to compare Kesar and Ratan.  Kesar knew and grew up loving his Bhabi for years...and Gulaal in turn raised him almost as her child...and under very special circumstances, she used him as a shield when she became a widow.  Of course for him that Bhabi-devar love transformed into something else when Kesar grew up.    ðŸ˜†  Gulaal however was not willing to accept that.

Ratan only met Diya during a family visit to her home.  He had this idea of a prince marrying a fairy so well ingrained in his mind by all the bed time stories he had been told, that when he saw Diya, he actually believed it was an actualization of the fairy tale.

He is still very much a child and does not understand what really happened between him and Diya.  I mean, he knows they got married...but he is too little to understand why or what that will really mean for him later on.  He has lost his parents...Choti Thakurayan is upset with him...almost all of the other relatives he lives with are only after his money...so he pretty much only has Yash and Diya for support.  The last thing he wants is to upset either one of them now.

It was his cousins that set up his room for suhag raat...and his brother-in-law that fed him the idea of going on a honeymoon...all things that were done in an effort to embarrass Diya and to make her feel uncomfortable.  All these things however went over Ratan's head.

Yes, one major difference is that unlike Gulaal, Diya has accepted the fact that right now she is Ratan's pehredar, but when he is 21, they will be legally married.

So I don't know where the innocence is lost.  And I don't think Ratan making Diya a bouquete, or anything else he has done has taken away from him still being and behaving very much like a child.
Edited by Fatima_Q - 6 years ago
Gulaal  was my favorite  show  with unique  love relationship. There was amazing  journey  of Gulaal  and kesar  relationship. I watched  this show because  I thought  it may be different  like Gulaal  but sorry  to say that it is not even 10% impressive  of what Gulaal class. 
Gulaal and kesar  relationship  when he was child was too deep, beautiful, and touching . It made me feel as viewer that their  emotional  connection  was too Strong  since kesar childhood. Either kesar love for his bhabhi  or his hate for her, both were superbly  portrayed  and too strong. And Gulaal  love for kesar was deep and strong. It was really beautiful  to watch  how her feelings  changed  in women  men kind of love later in show. I don't know fate of this show but  currently  it is not impressive . 
I remember Gulaal, that show was more about quality then quantity, it was very well done and even the actors.