Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

QueenKordeilia thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Chapter five

"My life is over," Gunjan complained to Babli who was trying to do her homework. "I don't want to be alive anymore!"

"Didi, what are you talking about?!" Manu demanded as he entered his sister's bedroom. "Do you think it's all a joke? You can't stay stuff like that!"

"What else do you want me to do?!" she snapped, standing up and walking right up to him. "You've ruined my life! You blackmailed Aman into agreeing to marry me!"

He shook his head and began, "Didi, I did no such thing. I didn't even look for him."

"Oh, don't lie!" she retorted. "You got Sukhi to take me away so that you could fix my marriage behind my back. After all, you are Mummy's blind follower."

"Didi, how could you say that? I've always been on your side!"

"Oh really? Then why did you and Rajveer try to make me fall for Aman when you know that I don't want him?!"

"I thought that if you fell for Aman, everyone would be happy," he replied gently.

Gunjan repaid his consideration by yelling, "You can't just force people to fall in love! It doesn't work like that!"

Manu looked embarrassed and started, "I understand, Didi, but-"

She laughed humourlessly, cutting him off. "You don't understand love, and you never will. If you did, you wouldn't have thrown Tanu away like trash!"

His eyes widened at the low blow delivered by his sister. He looked at Babli who appeared to be immersed in her studies before looking back at his sister.

"Well, Didi, I was going to tell you that I called the wedding off and that Aman is marrying Pammi now," he stated calmly, "but I can now see that you neither appreciate nor deserve it."

Gunjan's mouth dropped open in shock and before she could even begin to apologise, her brother said, "Now I'll make sure you marry Aman Jijaji. I promise you, Didi."

"Manu, wait!" she called after him as he left her room. He didn't even turn to look back as he made his way downstairs.

"Marriage is going to suck," Ratan complained to Preet who was sitting on the former's bed with her, a rather bored expression on her face. "I'm going to be stuck with some inexperienced milksop. He's not going to know how to please me. I'm going to have to look for pleasure elsewhere..."

"Didi!" Preet yelled, a scandalised look on her face. "If you're talking about what I think you're talking about then you need to stop! You should remain faithful to your husband."

"Just because you've only ever been with the guy you hope to marry doesn't mean I'm going to-"

"Who? What guy?"

"Tekbir Sangwan, of course," Ratan replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Aren't you with him?"

"What do you mean with?" Preet asked carefully.

"Aren't you servicing him?"

"WHAT?!" Preet exclaimed, her face going red. "Where did you get that idea?"

"Doesn't he pay you?"

"Yes, for working!"

"And your work involves going to bed with him, right?"

"No, it doesn't!"

"But don't you meet up with him in warehouses?" Ratan questioned, sounding genuinely confused. "And you were with him last night. What else do a man and a woman do when they're alone together in a secluded place?"

"Don't you know that I help plan parties and stuff?"

"I do but I thought that was a cover. I thought your main job was sleeping with him. If not, then what were you doing last night?"

Preet's eyes widened as she thought, 'I can't let Didi know that I was with Raj. If she thinks I'm Tekbir Babu's wh**e, what will she think of my relationship with Raj?' She shook her head and cleared her throat before saying, "That's none of your business."

"You don't have to hide it," Ratan chided. "It's great! Fuffar Ji, Papa, and Mummy all think you're working on marrying Tekbir Babu one day." Preet blinked in surprise. "Do you love him?"

"Love?"

"Yeah," Ratan responded in a voice that screamed 'duh'. "Do you think about him all the time? Do you find yourself wishing he were there with you? Does the thought of him bring an instant smile to your face?"

Preet looked as if she was going to think about it when her cousin came out with, "When you're in bed, do you feel like cuddling up to him after you two-"

"Okay, that's enough, Didi!" she cut her off swiftly and firmly. She sighed. "God give me the strength to get through this madwoman's wedding."

Edited by QueenKordeilia - 6 years ago
QueenKordeilia thumbnail
I know this chapter did not have Tanu in it but at least she got a mention. It should give you some insight into Manu and Tanu's relationship.
rani7131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So Manu broke up with her? 
QueenKordeilia thumbnail
Well, it's not as simple as that...
rani7131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hmm.. From what I get is that Tanu is a girl from Bajwa clan who used to be Manu friend. She has some financial problems. . Now they became more they friends.  She loves Manu and when ever he calls to meet her she gets her hopes up thinking that finally Manu will reciprocate her feelings,  but usually turns out that he only called her to help her (financially) . And now to ask her to stop meeting her( I'm really sorry if I'm wrong) 
QueenKordeilia thumbnail
You're mostly right. All will be revealed soon.
Meghz99 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So Gunjan knows about Tanu? Hmmm good... Babli pretending to be immersed in studies??? So she also knows? Preet does seem to like Raj... Awww... Gunjan is really insensitive... Who talks like that???? Like mother like daughter... Both are insensitive jerks... Is it just me or does Mannu have a grey shade... Raj seems better than the real waala Raj here... Preet's cousin is disgusting... Who thinks like that about one's sister???? Can I just ask one thing in advance? Does Preet end up with Raj here??? If she ends up with Mannu it will be unfair to Tanu... Is the Tekbir guy handsome... Hope he doesn't have a serious role... The Mannu-Tanu thing is enough tension as it is... ðŸ˜‰By the way if Mannu is eighteen, Tanu is definitely younger right???? So Mannu is having s** with a minor???? 
QueenKordeilia thumbnail
Yes, Gunjan knows about Tanu but maybe not everything, if you know what I mean.
I'd like to think that Babli actually is studying. She's a good girl. Babli does not know.
Yep, I've written Gunjan as what she was like before she went all nice. It's more realistic that way. Someone who has no qualms getting someone else into trouble (when Raj got beaten by Jagan's men after Gunjan framed him for sending Aman inappropriate gifts on her behalf) is definitely insensitive and cannot change that easily.
As for Manu, I think that if a boy was raised by a mother as stern as Manu, he'd definitely have some kind of issues. I don't know if I'd call him grey but I would say he is more vengeful than Preet.
Raj only seems better because this is before his turn. You may not like him much in the future.
Preet's cousin is a harlot. She's got a dirty mind so she thinks everyone is like her.
I'm not going to spoil things here. Pretty soon, it'll become obvious who will end up with who.
I've never thought of what Tekbir looks like so it's up to you to decide whether he's handsome or not.
About the ages, I wasn't aware that the age of consent in India is eighteen. Here, in the UK, it's sixteen and because Raman got Simran pregnant at like fifteen, I thought the age of consent was also closer to sixteen rather than eighteen in India. I was actually going to make their ages a little controversial (not Tanu being younger than Manu, though) but I'm not sure I have the guts to anymore. I might just play it safe. BTW, Manu's been having sex with Tanu for at least two years.
Meghz99 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Age nowadays is not much of a problem... It is kind of common for teenagers these days to have physical relationships... Not that I approve after what I have seen... There was a girl studying with me who got knocked up by her cousin brother at fifteen ðŸ˜•. Before that she had met a guy on Facebook and had a relationship with him... She never saw him.. One day she took her phone to class and her father informed the principal... They confiscated her phone and she said the guy studies in so and so college.. They tried checking but came up with no response... She was lying... She had told all of us that he was doing modelling or something... Anyway the cyber police tracked him down and gave him a 'lift' from a city about a hundred kilometres away from here to the nearby police station... Her father cancelled the case or else he would have been rotting in jail for ever... She was fifteen at the time... After a few months she had this cousin brother drama... Apparently she and her cousin went into a room to put another young cousin to sleep... Then she asked a doubt in bio about the chapter reproduction, about c*****s and their effectiveness... And one thing led to another ðŸ˜•. I suppose she found that not using them can cause trouble ðŸ˜•... The idiot went and told my friend all the unnecessary details... And how she's tensed about not getting periods... My friend is really innocent.. She was shocked out of her mind... She told me to get it off her chest... I kept quiet about it as I didn't feel the necessity to get in trouble with that sort of thing... But after she got an abortion it really freaked me out... 
QueenKordeilia thumbnail
Chapter six

"Can you go and fetch Ratan?" Nimrit asked Preet through gritted teeth, throwing the groom's mother an awkward smile as she did so.

"Ji," Preet replied, before heading towards the stairs. Lifting the skirt of her bridesmaid lehenga up, she rushed up the stairs and knocked on Ratan's door. She heard no answer but entered anyway.

"It's your cousin," Munni, one of Ratan's many maternal cousins, told the bride who was perched on the edge of her bed, back facing Preet. Ratan was decked up head to toe in her mother's old bridal wear.

Preet avoided looking at Ratan's five cousins, including Munni, and said to Ratan, "Didi, Mami is looking for you."

"I bet Maasi's stressing again!" one of the other girls, Kiran, said with a giggle.

"Typical," Munni commented.

"Bua really needs to calm down," another, Vaani, commented with a laugh.

Preet rolled her eyes and said, "The groom's side is here."

This was followed by five identical shrieks. Ratan's cousins ran past Preet, pushing each other to get out of the door first.

"I don't want to get married!" Ratan complained before Preet could even get a word out.

Preet sighed sympathetically but simply replied with: "You've got to."

"The wedding night is going to suck!"

"Surely marriage is more than-"

"Sex."

"-all that."

"I guess you're right though," Ratan relented. Preet sighed in relief, starting to smile only to frown when Ratan spoke again. "There is the money, jewellery and new dresses a bride gets from her in-laws!"

"That's not what I was going for," Preet clarified, "but yeah..."

"A rich bride, that is," Ratan added, making Preet groan. "I'm stuck with some guy who barely makes more than Papa!" She suddenly laughed.

"What?" Preet asked, thinly veiled annoyance seeping into her voice.

"You're such a fool, you know. You have the chance to make money off Tekbir Sangwan but you're too frigid!" Preet crossed her arms, evidently irritated. "I would totally sleep with him! It's better to be a rich man's wh**e than a poor man's wife! Who knows? He could even make you his mistress, if not his wife!"

"Stop your nonsense!" Preet snapped. Ratan looked taken aback. Preet sighed before sitting next to her cousin. "Look, Didi. You may not like the idea of marrying this man but you have little choice, especially when you've already come this far."

Ratan stood up, glaring down at Preet as she said, "you'll understand the day you're left without a choice!"

Just then, Ratan's cousin, Simrit, popped her head around the door. "Maasi's calling!"

"We're coming," Ratan said, shrugging Preet off of her when she touched her arm. "It's your turn next. After me, Papa, Mummy and Fuffar Ji will all turn their attention to getting you married."

Preet gulped as she watched the stubborn bride off.

'She's right,' she thought to herself. 'I'm the next in line.'

"Congratulations on your daughter's wedding," the Shah of the Sangwans told the bride's father. Manjeet beamed with pride, proceeding to introduce Charminder to his son in law's father and other relatives.

Preet sat by Ratan and the other girls, her gaze following her father as he made a beeline towards their Shah like there was no tomorrow.

"Shah Ji, I didn't expect to see you here," he greeted.

Charminder laughed good-naturedly, patting the poor man on the back. "I was on business and passed by here on the way home. I thought, why not? The bride is a girl from our clan, after all."

"Indeed, she is," Chetan agreed. "We all have to give our girls away in the end. I'm glad Ratan is marrying into a good family."

"Yes. If I had a daughter, I'd spare no expense to send her off into a good household. Alas, I've got no children."

"No matter. You've got Tekbir Babu!"

"That I do. When my brother was on his deathbed, he requested that I take care of Tekbir. I can rest easy knowing that my wife and I raised him to the best of our abilities."

"I'm sure you'll look for a good bride for him. He is the next Shah, after all." Charminder nodded. Chetan stole a glance at Preet who quickly averted her gaze before he could see her watching. "I've got a daughter myself. Preet. Now that her cousin is married, she ought to follow suit."

Preet hid her increasingly reddening face in her hands, turning away from Ratan and the direction her father and Shah were standing in. 'Papa, why?' she thought. 'Oh, it's just so embarrassing!'

Tekbir, Charminder's nephew, approached Preet and stood in front of her. "Congratulations!"

Preet's neck practically snapped as she rapidly looked up at him. "On what?!" she shrieked in a flustered tone.

"Umm, the wedding?"

Preet's eyes widened. 'Did he hear Papa proposition Shah Ji? Is he making fun of me?'

"Thank you, Tekbir Babu," Ratan replied, sounding anything but happy. Preet sighed in relief. Tekbir raised an eyebrow at her.

She cleared her throat and asked, "What are you doing here, Tekbir Babu?"

"Attending your cousin's wedding," he answered smoothly. "What are you doing here?"

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Attending my cousin's wedding."

"There you go," he said, giving her a pointed look, before heading towards his uncle. Preet sighed in exasperation when she heard Ratan's cousins whispering about her and Tekbir. She turned to look at them, only for them to burst into a fit of giggles.

"Silly girls, silly Papa, silly Tekbir," she muttered to herself.