Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: charismatic-gem

Anika's "what's your name" to Ragini was super snarky. But Rags had to up that with "Mrs Shivaay Singh Oberoi"...oh snappp๐Ÿคฃ

LOL yes, that part was funny...Anika trying to give tashan to the vamp...vamp giving tashan back...waah๐Ÿ˜†...I feel like things are heading to that point again where Anika had brazely declared herself Shivaay ki BIWI and THROWN Tia out of the room that one time๐Ÿ˜†...cuz she is literally seeing RED in all her anger and frustration over Shivaay's "moving on"๐Ÿ˜†
WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Rudy and Bhavya...I don't feel it. At all.

I have nothing against Mansi, and I've been trying to be patient with her character because I didn't want to let my bias for RuMya or the utter mess that is DBO get in the way of accepting her character. But today was a real miss for me in terms of seeing this RuVya pairing onscreen. I haven't really watched DBO for months so I had no real background on this jodi or their track. 

But today it felt so off seeing Bhavya mingling with the rest of the cast. Firstly, I have a hard time accepting that she's a cop ๐Ÿ˜†. And her chemistry with Rudy is non-existent. The RuVya scene today was the only scene I forwarded...I even watched Om-Gauri, but not Rudy go figure. 

And when I saw the three "OBahus" together today, I really felt Sumo's absence. As if someone was missing.  I remembered that sleepover episode back last August, where it was Anika, Sumo, Mallika, Prinku, and Tia present, and Anika was complaining about "SSO" ๐Ÿ˜†. Obviously Prinku was not what made those episodes special, and Mallika and Tia are gone, but Sumo definitely made her place with Anika and the rest of the girls. It just doesn't feel the same when Bhavya calls Shivaay "Bhaiya". And I miss the way Sumo would call Om "Bade Baal wale Bhaiya"๐Ÿคฃ

Goes to show that simply being a "hawt" jodi isn't enough. There was more chemistry with Rudy and Sumo, what with her "crybaby" dialogues, than what we're stuck with now.  And I was no hardcore RuMya fan...but this new jodi is really tough to swallow. Mansi alone is ok, I have no issues, but Bhavya's interactions look so incredibly forced. I hope onlyrani ends up being right and this jodi gets rejected, although if that happens, it'll create an even more mess with the RuVya fans๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by charismatic-gem - 6 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
What did I see on the SP Twitter page? A retweet from IPK3 waali lead garish aunty saying she loves wearing Shiraali's creations cuz she feels like a Queen every day? ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†
WittyFlair thumbnail
What was all that isolation the family was giving Pinky today ๐Ÿ˜†. No one texted her, no one smeared her with cake. Not even her useless pati...wonder if CVs are going to go for a repentant angle with her soon ๐Ÿ˜†
WittyFlair thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

What did I see on the SP Twitter page? A retweet from IPK3 waali lead garish aunty saying she loves wearing Shiraali's creations cuz she feels like a Queen every day? ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†

I think Shirali should be a thorough professional and dedicate all her time to taking care of the costumes for Gul's new drama

(Is her name Shirali or Shivani?? I thought it was ShivanI๐Ÿ˜†)
AreYaar thumbnail
Rudy was just prancing around like a clown in front of that Bhavya...was that supposed to be their version of "tashan"? And there were so many other random "statue" type shots in the BTS like this one...un sabka kya hua? Sab CHOP CHOP kar diya in the edit?๐Ÿ˜†

Mujhe toh frankly Mansi as a stand alone bhi nahin work kar rahi cuz she doesn't fit in ANYWHERE into the show...and what is she on about with her random bhabhi-bhaiyya? Kiski bhabhi, kahaan se bhaiyya? Aevein chep character with no basis. 

Sumo was a darling since day one...her survey gyaan waale dialogues and her irritation with boys ki dumbness was damn cute...lol
WittyFlair thumbnail
That's the thing...she's not even married to Rudy, and yet the entire family is treating her like their sister-in-law/bahu๐Ÿคฃ
AreYaar thumbnail

What was all that isolation the family was giving Pinky today ๐Ÿ˜†. No one texted her, no one smeared her with cake. Not even her useless pati...wonder if CVs are going to go for a repentant angle with her soon ๐Ÿ˜†

LOL I doubt we will get that lucky so easily๐Ÿ˜†...Shakti hardly ever notices Pinky waise bhi so nothing new in him not paying any attention to her...Seems more like Pinky RESENTS any khushi of her family...she's such a bitter and poisoned soul inside now, she is only happy when she can control everything around her...and people having fun on their own without her approval or her control is not palatable to her. 

Only time she looked happy was when Rags showed up and she could bitch to someone about how everyone has lost it in this cake fight๐Ÿ˜†
AreYaar thumbnail

I think Shirali should be a thorough professional and dedicate all her time to taking care of the costumes for Gul's new drama

(Is her name Shirali or Shivani?? I thought it was ShivanI๐Ÿ˜†)

LOL her name is Shivani Shirali...just using her last name is easier cuz the FL of that new IPK is named Shivaani too๐Ÿ˜†

And yeah, please go ahead and "queen-ify" IPK waale log, Shirali ji...humaare Shivika ko baksh do for a change. 
FleetingWishes. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
See that's the thing. Shivaay in the first few episodes accepts that Pinky always loved money more than she loves him and doesn't much give a hoot about Shivaay the son while she dotes on Shivaay the Oberoi. So he could've at least shown his apprehension or given Anika the benefit of doubt at least in private. Though he obviously is upset with Pinky because he DOES blame her somewhere for his and Anika's breakup. He has become rather cold and indifferent toward Pinky now. How we love that but I really wished he'd had a decent mature conversation with Pinky about Anika's place in his life and told her to respect that and not publicly humiliate her all the time.

His callous handling of the situation made it worse but then you can argue that pinky would've never changed her opinion no matter what. They're bound to redeem her though. She's the mother after all. I just hope Shivaay doesn't go into guilt-tripping and indebted mode when he knows he's not Pinky's son. I want him to give it to her no holds-barred.
better not disappoint.

Anika post wedding became way more of a trp bahu but then they also maintained her essence in the shivika moments and tracks. But i think the main problem i've had with her is inconsistency in character when the need for some dramatic track appears. Like especially now. All semblance of coherence is gone. When you expect her to introspect and talk to Shivaay she's playing the ignorance and tashan game. She knows him doesn't she? She knows she has hurt him and he truly loved her. So all she has to do is talk to him. Explain her pov and then take what's given next and handle it accordingly. He deserves at least that. They both need to talk. He too has his share in the breakup albeit less. And ide see how this can be sorted without talking? They have to talk! Anything else is just filler and rubbish. it grates on your nerves now. especially the filler scenes of i care and i don't care. it's already established. let's move forward! and the cake scene was all sorts of stupid and came out of nowhere and made no sense and when they pushed the whole naari agenda on it for no reason? like if we have issues let's cake fight and make combined plans to do a boys vs girls. what for? This was so stupid. And are we going to get such meaningless scenes in the name of comedy and bromance and combining them all?

The brothers have an organic bond. The girls feel so forced together. Especially Bhavya. And she just doesn't feel real as a character. Her ACP dialogues are too unrealistic and i've no idea what she adds to the story for Rudra? Soumya was so much better and somehow much more mature and nuanced.

this 3 on 3 scene thing needs to lower down. the whole comedy-tragedy track is just not working. either it can be good angst or just a contrived mess. Looks the latter.

The only reason i'm not talking about them is because i really don't have much to say. whatever i've seen of them has been in IB. And I tihnk in the MS episodes Omkara treated her abominably. that's saying it lightly. And she was either very happy about her rituals (like why?) or very sad and doormattish. so not my cup of tea.

Bhavya Rudr just don't have any spark. and Bhavya makes the girl gang scenes feel forced too.