Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Originally posted by: ~*sindhu*~

Thank u for asking ðŸ˜Š I m good now, though I have gained weight again. My main concern is my parents are diabetic and I don't want to be diabetic so I have to keep a constant check on my weight that it doesn't go beyond limit. But work and irregular food timing is doing the harm. No time to go to gym and the doctor goes like spend 30 mins for exercise. 30 mins does nothing for me ðŸ˜†

Aww, busy life is messing with our healths, isn't it :(

Don't worry though, try to be physically active and eat at fixed timings, we can only try when this fast-paced tightly packed schedules have become the way of life.. 

But don't think or worry about diabetes.. My parents are both diabetic too, I too fear but my dad always says that I should forget that I have a family history.. If we keep reminding ourselves, it may give auto-suggestion to our body :) 

Take care.
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 6 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

This is so true. 

I used to travel by bus to work earlier, and every 2 days of a week, we will have these really really obese travelers who are not even fitting in their wheel chairs, get into bus. For they moved their wheel chairs slowly so bus has to wait for more than 15 minutes till they slowly settle in. And then they have special place allocated to them. So at least 5 people has to stand up and vacate their seats to fit wheel chairs in the bus. 

Here I am and many others, who woke up at 6 every day. Get ready to go to work. We work hard and even pay taxes, these people come lazily and take away seats. Made us late for work. n so on. And many times, I see them eating cheese puffs n such fatty foods. They were so unapologetic. 
It is like.. we do what we want. We eat whatever we want. Govt. take care of us. Is the attitude.

Same with teenage girls. Moving around with strollers n kids. Shouting n mistreating kids while they are busy in their phones. Twice or thrice, passenger had to hold stroller from slipping away while mother is busy surfing through her phone. Such is the future of America.

There may be people with genuine problems, but they are so less in numbers. Most are just taking advantage of govt. aids and living carefree on taxpayers money. It's like Govt. aids have made people lazy.

I have no sympathy for them. Sorry for going slightly off topic but I had to rant somewhere. 

Other than that.. I don't think I body shame. I can deal with different body types. Flabby arms and chubby body do not bother me. Arjun Kapoor I have called genda, coz that's how he looks & then he plays macho man characters. 🤔 

The other thing I don't get most of the time is, IF members making fun of someone's nose. ie. SRK has pakoda nose. I mean... pakoda nose or not, this is what he has. Do you want him to go for surgery? Coz I generally don't notice anyone's nose. I myself have pakoda nose and I am fine with it. It hasn't bothered me like nose bothers people here. ðŸ˜†

Bold - That's what happens in welfare state

Blue - So true, it does make people lazy and doesn't improve society one iota, yet one particular group keeps demanding more and more  gov aid for more and more people and they want everything free for everybody
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
@NimbuMirchi Not all obese people are merely lazy. Many obese people have a medical condition that makes them obese. Many people cannot pay for the medicine and treatments required to treat the condition. This results in them being obese and unable to work. Ultimately, relying on government handouts to survive.
This is why universal insurance is essential. It allows even the poorest of the poor access to healthcare and treatments. A little investment upfront can save several long term handouts.  
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

@NimbuMirchi Not all obese people are merely lazy. Many obese people have a medical condition that makes them obese. Many people cannot pay for the medicine and treatments required to treat the condition. This results in them being obese and unable to work. Ultimately, relying on government handouts to survive.

This is why universal insurance is essential. It allows even the poorest of the poor access to healthcare and treatments. A little investment upfront can save several long term handouts.  

RTH for Congress !!! Hell, President !!1
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
It's true, not all of them are lazy, few of them have genuine problems

If you read her whole post @NimbuMirchi does acknowledge that

"There may be people with genuine problems, but they are so less in numbers. Most are just taking advantage of govt. aids and living carefree on taxpayers money."