Pakistani Serials

Main or tum - season 2 | ARY - Ayaz samoo, Aadi adeal, Faizan sheikh.

obsessiveperson thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Ayaz Samoo talks to HIP about bringing back 'Main aur Tum' on ARY.

This time it'll be the next generation, featuring Aadi Adeal Ahmed, Faizan Sheikh and Ayaz Samoo in lead roles. 

Yes guys, you read that right. That one sitcom from the early 2000s that made us laugh out loud for its exclusive, uncensored and joyous comedy, is making a comeback. iDreams Productions is all set to bring back Main aur Tum on ARY Digital, starting this Eid, and we for starters cannot control our excitement.

The next generation of Main aur Tum, that earlier starred the explosive duo, Aijaz Aslam and Faisal Qureshi back then, will now feature, Ayaz Sammo, Faizan Sheikh and Aadi Adeal Ahmed along with Wardha Aziz in lead roles.

Written by Ayaz Samoo and directed by the Naadaniyan famed Mohsin Ali, who is currently the talks of the town for his upcoming film Chupan Chupai, the upcoming season for Main aur Tum will tackle the dynamics of comedy from an entirely new angle, which wasn't explored before. According to Ayaz Samoo, the next generation of Main aur Tum is going to be more fast paced and well adapted to today's lifestyle type of sitcom to target the youth.

"This particular franchise is more like a new version of FRIENDS, where the focus is on youth and friendships rather than familial ties." Ayaz told us.

Starting from Eid, the story will kick off with Aadi (playing Aijaz Aslam's son in the drama) and Faizan (Faisal Qureshi's son) being deported back to Pakistan from Dubai, living with their childhood friend Ayaz in Karachi.

From there onwards a new play will kick start, where every episode will cater to a new situation, one that'll leave the audience in fits of laughter from the get go. Faisal Qureshi, although not playing a permanent character, will be seen making occasional appearances throughout the sitcom, making sure to add his magical touch of Shams.

Main aur Tum, was a wonderful, comical ride throughout the time it aired and it was one play that sky rocketed the duo Faisal Qureshi and Aijaz Aslam's fame, making them become household names in a matter of months. Will the new generation be able to create the same magic? Will it work out or will this be a failed attempt at recreating Main aur Tum, just like the telefilm that came out some time ago?

Ayaz Samoo, tells us that expectations are high.

"We're mentally prepared for the comparison because we know that's what we'll get from the start. Faisal Bhai's and Aijaz Aslam's chemistry was absolutely wonderful and it might take us some time to get there. For now, patience is key and we're waiting to see if giving it our hundred percent was worth having it click with the audience."

Edited by obsessiveperson - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
omg. i loved main our tum 😆...it was the first time i had seen FQ in a show.
so excited, i hope they match up to the quality of the prv. 
canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ooo this is exciting. Loved "Main Aur Tum." These three are great at comedy especially Faizan and Ayaz.
Aadi has good comic timing, saw him in salam zindagi & one telefilm, currently he's working in be inteha.
awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
tfs. 
I'll try to watch it. it looks good. and actors look funny!
canuck-umz thumbnail
Originally posted by: obsessiveperson

Aadi has good comic timing, saw him in salam zindagi & one telefilm, currently he's working in be inteha.

I watch Salaam Zindagi and find that although fine at comedy, Aadi does go overboard at times. He has a certain immaturity in him and says things without speaking. I have seen him in Beinteha as well so with a script in hand and a prerecorded drama, his comic timing will be better since he won't be blabbing out random W*F things. I prefer Ayaz and Faizan's comic timings over Aadi's.
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Okay, I'm excited 😆
I was a huge fan of Main Aur Tum and loved the Shams-Sherry pair.
I like Ayaz as well, so this should be good! 
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: canuck-umz

I watch Salaam Zindagi and find that although fine at comedy, Aadi does go overboard at times. He has a certain immaturity in him and says things without speaking. I have seen him in Beinteha as well so with a script in hand and a prerecorded drama, his comic timing will be better since he won't be blabbing out random W*F things. I prefer Ayaz and Faizan's comic timings over Aadi's.

I agree, Umz..especially Ayaz's comedy. I have liked him since the Comedy Kings times  from like so many years ago 😆 so I'm actually glad he's gonna be doing some comedy now.
I never saw ayaz.  Does he work in dramas ? Edited by obsessiveperson - 6 years ago
canuck-umz thumbnail
Originally posted by: OnlyHope

I agree, Umz..especially Ayaz's comedy. I have liked him since the Comedy Kings times  from like so many years ago 😆 so I'm actually glad he's gonna be doing some comedy now.

Yup, he got his start as a stand up comedian so this is right up his alley. He is a multi-talented guy and versatile as an actor too. He is writing this, and the other 2 guy, Faizan and Aadi are very popular now thanks to Salaam Zindagi so I expect this to be a decent sequel. The original is a classic but this should be good too.