Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pallavi25 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Bharat Ek Khoj was the most under budget Historical show ever for TV
The sets, the costumes, the repeated actors in different time periods all looked tacky and cheap, we laughed at it when it aired originally on TV, we only liked the title song and the chanting from the scriptures at the end.

The historical shows made for TV nowadays are much better in every way from production value to story, direction and acting. 

Big Historical movies have been made in BW in the past but nowadays people prefer historical fantasy like Bahubali with grandiose sets, huge action scenes, and everything on a giant, exaggerated scale. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^^^

Disagree with you on that one

Considering it was low budget and made for DD and the time it was made, it was really good, content and acting wise... Dialogues and scenarios looked realistic

Costumes and sets looked natural instead of grand and flashy, not beautiful but pleasing yet
I esp. liked Ashoka and Ramayana

But I think today's audience will find it boring and lackluster bcz they are so used to all flash and no content... Also the pace is slow.

Edited by ---Betty--- - 7 years ago
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
We have so many kings in north and south. And so many stories related to them. Like Harshwardhan was a king undefeated till he was defeated by a south king. I think his name was Puleshkin. BW can make story on that showing Puleshkin as hero stopping a mighty king. Similarly we have stories of revenge, heroics and so many positive stories. Our history is full of them. Then we have Shiva Trilogy(a blend  of mythos and history) kind of books which can be made into movies. It's just BW people are very lazy. They write very predictable stories and earn money. They have stopped putting efforts in scripts, music etc. 
Mahismati the fictional kingdom shown in Bahubali, it was a kingdom in India. So here it is. An example.

Also another problem.is actors. We hardly have decent new actors. 
TotalBetty thumbnail
I was thinking if anybody could make realistic but entertaining movies or documentaries about these archaeological wonders it's Shyam Benegal ( he directed Bharat ek Khoi)

He once expressed his desire to make a movie on Mother Teresa but said it needed big budget and big help
I haven't seen his movies on Mahatma and Netaji... But I think he could do justice to historical movies with enough wherewithal
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Also has anyone read Krishna Key? It is like a mystry novel surrounding the old buildings trying to find some object called Krishna Key. Though the imagination is far fetched and I didnt like what the novelist was trying to imply that type of movies have been made in HW and China. Why cant bollywood attempt these type of movies like finding some powerful object of some god. 
DayanHunter thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Padfoot_Prongs

Also has anyone read Krishna Key? It is like a mystry novel surrounding the old buildings trying to find some object called Krishna Key. Though the imagination is far fetched and I didnt like what the novelist was trying to imply that type of movies have been made in HW and China. Why cant bollywood attempt these type of movies like finding some powerful object of some god. 

Wht is this key ?

Watch this trailer https://youtu.be/JoBMi7Pwl6s
Kalki short film
[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/JoBMi7Pwl6s[/YOUTUBE]

Why Bollywood can't make something like that! This few minutes trailer is just so fascinating...
Edited by AnikaLoveshivay - 7 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnikaLoveshivay

Wht is this key ?

Watch this trailer https://youtu.be/JoBMi7Pwl6s
Kalki short film
[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/JoBMi7Pwl6s[/YOUTUBE]

Why Bollywood can't make something like that! This few minutes trailer is just so fascinating...

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoBMi7Pwl6s[/YOUTUBE]

Is this a CGI movie based on Kalki Avatar, that is yet to come according to Hindu mythology? 

Anyway, I Wikipedia-d "Krishna Key" ... It's Indian anthropological thriller by 'Ashwin Sanghi'. 
It's about a history professor Saini who's accused of murder.
To prove his innocence, Saini travels to ancient ruins of the Lost City of Dvaraka, to Vrindavan temples to discover one of Lord Krishna's treasures and stop the killer from murdering his friends who are also under the threat.

After reading about it, I have a feeling the author got his 'inspiration from "The Davinci Code" 
Sort of India's answer to davinci code ðŸ˜†
DayanHunter thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

Is this a CGI movie based on Kalki Avatar, that is yet to come according to Hindu mythology? 

Anyway, I Wikipedia-d "Krishna Key" ... It's Indian anthropological thriller by 'Ashwin Sanghi'. 
To prove his innocence, Saini travels to ancient ruins of the Lost City of Dvaraka, to Vrindavan temples to discover one of Lord Krishna's treasures and stop the killer from murdering his friends who are also under the threat.

After reading about it, I have a feeling the author got his 'inspiration from "The Davinci Code" 

@ video- yup the same kalki avatar .
@krishna key- wow sounds so good .Heard that dwarka was underwater city 

Sach mein Bollywood  is so routine nowadays.
Did you know anything about Afghanistan vimana hoax by Americans lol
Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

yes it was. Found ending very disappointing. another is Mahabharat's secret.this was also a similar book. terror organisation searching for ancient weapons. 
hasini009 thumbnail
kyunki making historical movies is not as easy as making movies about boy/girl finds love of their life, lose them, find them again, running around trees and on foreign roads...😆