Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Why Indian movies don't make movies on history!

DayanHunter thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Ok this is Maharashtra ellora caves n imo this one n some other Indian national heritage are magnificent n extremely mysterious.
Why Indian movies ( Hindi Tamil Telugu Bengali gujrati Marathi etc etc )don't make movies which revolves around such heritage.

I have seen some YouTube videos where some foreigners are saying such things are made by aliens.Wow imagine movies now 

You can also share some mysterious heritage jiske uper you want movie
Edited by AnikaLoveshivay - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Looks beaitiful, thanks for posting

Foreigners are saying they were built by aliens? What? 

I think we don't have much recorded history about Indian Heritages, about what really happened etc 

Edited by ---Betty--- - 6 years ago
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
^^ Betty, maybe I think we do have just the right amount to make movies based on heritage.. DD programmes on art, architecture, culture are sooo good. :)
..I agree with you, OP... there are just so many places of cultural significance in India, IDK why they don't make stories weaving in whatever little history or information we have on our history.. it need not be only about the history.. If one starts digging into the cultural heritage aspect, there will be no end, in a country like India... every corner of our country has a rich past.

Like, for example, recently, there was a newspaper article on how Mumtaz Mahal's first resting place - Burhanpur in Madhya Pradesh is utterly neglected and is in a dilapidated state.
 Also, there is now a mystery about her resting place, because she was not burried in Burhanpur where she passed away but was kept in a 'tin box', preserved by Unani methods. She was then taken to Agra where her place of burial was again shifted to basement of Taj Mahal 12 years later... so, there is question about her body, if it was preserved, if it even exists in first pace and so on.. 

And, here are many such buldings, remains, artefacts in our country that are not being preserved.. an educational movie can be made how a bunch of youths come across one such historical structure and go about to do research about other such neglected sites, their efforts in spreading awareness about the importance community participation in preserving such sites, influencing ASI(Archaeological Survey of India) to act and do the needful and so on... 
aur beech mein ek love story or camaraderieship, some inspiring songs bhi daldo... 👍🏼
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 6 years ago
In such movies, we can use poetry by a famous poet of those days for song, or make a song related to the story, or maybe use a folk song from that region.. I think in our country , there are endless options, if one wishes to try... 

IDK, I'm sure many must've got such ideas, but maybe making such movie isn't as easy as writing it ...dedicated research is necessary, perhaps our script-writers lack it.. or maybe such stories get sidetracked by producers...  who knows. 

It's just sad, but now is a opportune moment to take advantage of the growing attention to the neglected sites, and make an inspiring movie on it... in the end, owing to the awareness generated through cinema, tourism will develop, not just preservation of sites... 
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 6 years ago
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
They have to do a lot of research and most of the makers are lazy
Karenina thumbnail
Main reason is budget. Making historic movies is very expensive. Bollywood can't afford over 250-300 crores in one movie and that's when they have Salman and Aamir on board. With everyone else, the max. budget would be 150 crores and normally, no producer would want to exceed 100 crores.

Second reason is the total disregard for Indian heritage, culture, and history by prominent members of Bollywood. You have people who don't even know the history and heritage of India. Filmmakers write scripts in English (even the dialog, some of them).

Bollywood is an anglicized haven for many. There are only few filmmakers who would have the dedication and vision to work in such movies. These people would rather be digested (by the West) than be different.

We don't even have to reach the middle ages. Has any mainstream Indian filmmaker made a biopic on Gandhi? Has anyone dared to reveal the true colors of Nehru in a bare-it-all historical biopic? What about a historic during the final few days of India-Pakistan partition?

We only make historical movies--even about British Raj or independence--that have been authorized by the Brits in history. Mangal Pandey, Bhagat Singh, these guys--received honor from Brits for their "bravery."

I'm sorry if I'm sounding negative. I just believe that people in Bollywood aren't proud of their Indian heritage and culture. They'd rather be white-washed than be different.

Why is it that Hollywood was the first to make a mainstream movie on Srinivasa Ramanujam? Why couldn't a Bollywood filmmaker make the movie with a super cast?

Look at the characters we have from history and stories surrounding them. We have one of the richest histories out of any civilization in this world. And, none of it is touched. But as long as we have shallow anglophiles ruling the roost in Bollywood, we won't get to witness our history in films.

I don't expect much from a country whose elites are ashamed of their history and culture. No self-respect and self-esteem--the elites of this country.
This content was originally posted by: Kareenafanatic

Main reason is budget. Making historic movies is very expensive. Bollywood can't afford over 250-300 crores in one movie and that's when they have Salman and Aamir on board. With everyone else, the max. budget would be 150 crores and normally, no producer would want to exceed 100 crores.

Second reason is the total disregard for Indian heritage, culture, and history by prominent members of Bollywood. You have people who don't even know the history and heritage of India. Filmmakers write scripts in English (even the dialog, some of them).

Bollywood is an anglicized haven for many. There are only few filmmakers who would have the dedication and vision to work in such movies. These people would rather be digested (by the West) than be different.

We don't even have to reach the middle ages. Has any mainstream Indian filmmaker made a biopic on Gandhi? Has anyone dared to reveal the true colors of Nehru in a bare-it-all historical biopic? What about a historic during the final few days of India-Pakistan partition?

We only make historical movies--even about British Raj or independence--that have been authorized by the Brits in history. Mangal Pandey, Bhagat Singh, these guys--received honor from Brits for their "bravery."

I'm sorry if I'm sounding negative. I just believe that people in Bollywood aren't proud of their Indian heritage and culture. They'd rather be white-washed than be different.

Why is it that Hollywood was the first to make a mainstream movie on Srinivasa Ramanujam? Why couldn't a Bollywood filmmaker make the movie with a super cast?

Look at the characters we have from history and stories surrounding them. We have one of the richest histories out of any civilization in this world. And, none of it is touched. But as long as we have shallow anglophiles ruling the roost in Bollywood, we won't get to witness our history in films.

I don't expect much from a country whose elites are ashamed of their history and culture. No self-respect and self-esteem--the elites of this country.

😭😭 ..this is heart-breaking actually..

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: AnikaLoveshivay

I have seen some YouTube videos where some foreigners are saying such things are made by aliens.Wow imagine movies now

History movie about what? Aliens discovering earth? You seems want to make movies on aliens.
History movie is just road to your fantasy. 😛
DayanHunter thumbnail
Thanks for your reply guys...
I want movies on such magnificent site.They can show lots of things as I'm sure lots of historians are available n lil bit of imagination.
These pics are from hampi karnataka n it's like another world.just look at those chariot... Mysterious 
I won't mind alien angle too lol bas movie toh hogi different !

DayanHunter thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ---Betty---

Looks beaitiful, thanks for posting

Foreigners are saying they were built by aliens? What? 

I think we don't have much recorded history about Indian Heritages, about what really happened etc 

Who knows maybe ' aliens are true?
Indian heritage site are mysterious to me because of lack of evidence on who made them exactly...It's like hamare ancestors suddenly deep sleep se uthe n found such things.
Link is missing ...It's extremely scary😆
Edited by AnikaLoveshivay - 6 years ago