AarYa OS Phechaan (Identity) - Chapter - 9, Page - 29

Posted: 6 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Index

Chapter   -  2

Chapter.  - 3

Chapter. - 4

Chapter  - 5

Chapter - 6

Chapter  - 7

Chapter.  -  8

Chapter. - 9

Edited by lovely_nikki - 5 years ago
Cruel words to be accused of being a shame from both sides of the family. Even crueler ripping off someone identity and pulling the rug under your feet unexpectedly.  Intriguing beginning. 

It all started with a child rejected because of her gender, a girl. Reality bites. This is nothing new, a lot of societies still put boys above girls and undermine the progress that we human need to make. A woman cannot be fulfilled unless married and with children or so we are told. We still have a long way to go for equality. It is especially sadder 😭 when a mother, once a girl then woman doesn't have the courage to protect a human of the same  gender but above all her child. Aarti parents follow one rule, husbands dominated and woman submitted and passed it onto generation. Despite having boys there still blame innocent Aarti and deemed her birth a bad omen, sad. Shoba is one weak woman and Aarti learn very early to be submissive and accept her fate in her men oriented environment.  

Fortunately, not everyone embraced the clich and have to sense to see beyond narrow-minded view. Maya, and her family, turn out to be Aarti fairy godmother and Aaman her true brother more than her own, for sure a testament to Maya & Manav raising their boy to respect woman too. Maya understanding her brother way came up with ways to include Aarti in her family therefore making sure that she received a good education and love. She was not love by her family but she was the talent in the family, probably pissing of Satyendra who had to pay the school for his boys to pass classes, then again having lot of money doesn't mean that stupidity does not run in the family. Its so funny how Manav easily manipulate Satyendra , lol and counter his wish to threw Aarti into a marriage as long as some men get rid of her.

Aarti view of the world is so optimist that despite understanding her place with her parents .. sometimes too much acceptance is nefarious to a person. She is able to help other but not herself as Neelam said. But its not so simple, how to make your creator understand without becoming disrespectful, a fine line to carefully thread, indeed. 

And now she is betrothed, no surprise from a father who had no need for a woman. She is about to enter into an unknown alliance, full of uncertainties. I'm almost scared for her, will she be able to dance, to use that diploma she got, only time will tell. 

Once again happy celebration Ladies Bee and Tess πŸ˜›. 

Edited by sass8 - 6 years ago
Identity indeed! It's the one thing that defines you as a person, if it is under question, your worth as a person is under question as well. When you know who you are, no matter who questions that, at least you never will. you will instead stand firm in your own truth! 

establishing an identity is the business of life, your actions form a part of that identity but when you lack the tools to find this truth, you will always be a wanderer, lost not only to the world but to yourself as well.

The world has advanced in so many areas so much it is possible to have a face-to-face discussion with someone miles and miles away from you. there are however areas in which it is sadly stagnant, being born a girl, especially in a patriarchal society is one such area. A society in which your identity is not your own but tied to that of your father, and then your husband after him. you are not judged for your worth, rather you are scorned for being born a girl... how sad is it that you are precisely the one giving life at the risk of your own, only to be loathed by those sons...

Imagine a three year old asking for ice-cream but not be given because her older brothers are enjoying it, a maid cannot even spoil you for fear of losing her job, not even for humanity's sake. You are pulled out of school and unable to complete your education because you gave into your urge to dance. Something so natural and so much a part of being human. Finding happiness in amusement is just human nature, and finding happiness is necessary for your mental well-being. instead you have to be honed as a housewife, be molted into the perfect servant for your eventual husband and his family. It does not matter that you are very intelligent, it doesn't matter that you may not even want marriage. your choices do not matter, you are no one in yourself, you are a mere extension of someone else's identity. they are judged for whatever you do, and if your actions cause them any harm, you get the worst end of it. 😭

I suspect Aarti dared to pursue her dream as a dancer and when she was found out, it brought "shame" to those vultures and let to her being cut off... I do not know how much Yash was involved in this so I will not comment on that for now; I will see his version before I make up my mind on that score. What struck me though was that Aarti did tell him indirectly that she was getting forced into this marriage. "my parents choice is also my choice" translates to I do not have a choice because my parents decide my fate. her body language must also have been a clear indication. if he chose to marry her therefore, he can hardly blame her if she did not meet his expectations. there is however a part of her which yearned for love so if he gave her that, I do not see any reason why they would not find felicity in their union... but like I said, let's see his side first...

what I love about Aarti is that when she stands up for those abused or victimized, she does it in a way that makes the offender think. she does not attack them verbally and make them defensive, rather she subtly points out their wrongs... 

but as much as she stands up for the underdog out there, she does not do so for herself. she allows the abuse she grew up with to continue and accepts all of their unreasonable demands to her own detriment. had it not been for Aaman and his parents, she would not have realized her love and talent for dancing, she would not even have finished her education. but they can help her only as far as she allows them to. 

inside her though is that three year old girl still yearning to be given sweets, to be spoiled, accepted, and loved just like her brothers have been.  but when she had always been invisible, when her birth had been cause for mourning, how will this wish get fulfilled?

especially now that she is an outcast, now that she has no identity and is apparently loathed for life... but precisely when one hits rock bottom is when one discovers their own strength. only in leaving the nest can a bird fly after all. now it's time for Aarti to find just who she is, for her actions to reflect who she is, for her to be judged for her own merit and not for whose daughter or wife she is. Aarti should establish her own identity, just be Aarti, not Dubey, not Scindhia, just herself. 

I am eager to read just how she will go about doing that Didu, and of course I love my gift! πŸ€—  thank you so much for that love and the effort you put into it! ❀️ 

what I know is that I am not waiting a month to read the rest! I want to read whatever you have so far immediately! πŸ˜‘ I shall of course wait for that PM πŸ˜›  

thaaankuuu once more! you are a star in a million! β­οΈ

Edited by Tessaloni - 6 years ago
Identity?  Such an important yet complicated thing to figure out.
It speaks to my personal journey as Mrs. B.  When i was young I was adamant that i when i get married i want to retain my identity.  I don;t want to be known as Mrs. Somebody.  I want to retain my idividuality at all cost.  I go by my husbands name but in all the years we have been married I have never officially changed my name.😳

Finally in my journey of faith I had to asknowledge a biblical truth, that the man is the head of the household.  Oh, and it was it journey, maybe i will tell you about it someday.  It wasn't easy as i am sure as it won;t be for Aarti and today no what, I have acknowledged that and i was blessed with a good husband.

It's so sad the way she was treated by her family.  Her brother were groomed to believe that they were superior even from a young age.  No wonder she didn't want to leave.  She must have still have had to desire to please them and to be accepted by them.  She could have so easily left and been part of a good family.  But once you have been conditioned all your life to believe a certain thing, a mindset shift is really long and hard work.  

How does a mother treat her daugther like that.  She was also a daughrer.  Did she not want something more for hers.  But all she turned out to be good for is marriage.  I mean the way they reacted to the dance.  Really??? Dance is such an important part if Indian culture in various aspects but she couldn;t dance.  Where was the shame in that?  And for that she had to be punished.

I don;t what Yash's story is but I hope that she will not find herself in another position where she marginalised for being a woman, at least by her husband.  But even if he loves her, i suspect she will find it difficult to accept love and accpetance.

I am dying to know what resulted in both families wanting to disown her.  But it is good that she is finally in a position where she questions what her identity is.  I hope she find it.

Loved this piece.  It resonates with me.

Awesome gift!!!!!
Thank you
Edited by B-onesie - 6 years ago
New story WOW πŸ˜ƒ
I love this concept.. About Pehchan of a girl..
Before marriage it's father's name after marriage husband's name.. khud ki koi Pehchan nhi
Her whole family is Ajeeb.. hate them all.. how can anyone disrespect their own daughter 😑
Now a rishta came for her.. Yash.. Is he same 😲
Looking forward to happy ending πŸ˜‰
Amazing story !!!
Waiting to read moreπŸ˜›
Intriguing start 
Aarti just loses her identity but worst she loses both her families she is neither a Dubey nor a Scinda 
Now I suppose a woman born in a family carries her fathers or parents name all her life even after marriage she has to be the one carrying the respect and honor of both families yet when a storm approaches it's to easy to cut ties with that very woman that had been pressurized all her life .
Aarti from a child she seeked love and care and acceptance but it's just awful when parents treat their daughters in a vile and disrespectful way their the parents will never have trust on the daughters so when life throws hurdles parents easy way is to disown their child 

I'm waiting to see what type of person is Yash
Dear Nikki,i really love the concept of your new story.Aarti's character in the story is that of a helpless girl who has many insecurities and is not loved and accepted by her parents.i really want to know Yash's character.Thanks for the pm and update soon pls.i really love this story.
Nice concept
Wonder how aarthi's life is going to be after marriage
Hope yash understands her
Looking forward for the next part
Thanks for the pm