Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

TSMSPJ ep:15~19.4.17~My Impressions  to take over..

In modern day phrases, taking over is widely used when one person exerts dominance over others.To take over may also mean to assume some responsibility of someone or something. Looking at the story line as it moves along, the strong matriarchal figure of Santosh is completely taken over by days bygone and  memories of her son Suraj and his wife Sandhya. In this episode there is talk of the family business Kanak sweet mart in danger of being taken over as a running business by Uma Shanker. In this sense the term take over means to forcibly take possession of something that belongs to another.

Rani, Meenakshi's servant worries Kanak about babsa's worsening Alzheimer's disease.. bathing in public. The reference of towel is apt as it used to cover one's body bareness. Kanak takes over the responsibility of rescuing the situation before Babsa bares more than the family can bear before the public.  But before she can do so.Uma's middleman approaches the forgetful babsa and explains the possession of the shop is  merely an act of taking over the shop  that has been sold to his master Uma  Shankar by  Santosh Rathi .It's tragic to see  babsa ward off the middleman with emotional sentiments unwillingly to accept the  signed documents that vouch for what is being claimed. Babsa goes into denial and protests the shop belongs to his wife  Santosh. It's sad again to see, that his mind goes into oblivion when  both Meenakshi and Kanak fly to his side  to smooth his ruffled feathers. But when asked what caused him anxiety ? his no recall of the incident  leaves both Kanak and Meenakshi in  a state of limbo. Kanak  though overhears  on the phone and suspects this takeover of their shop; Suraj  Rathi s confectionary  mart ,as a woolly transaction. Babsas  pleas of don't let go off  Santosh's shop !save it! clearly gives Kanak the aim for her life.. purpose!  a certain man's voice spoke about. Suraj's shop is for Bhabo, like a holy relic  its a treasure chest of  Bhabo's most cherished memories  of her children which she will under no condition will be ready to offer as a takeover.  Misunderstanding and misconceptions also  happen to add to the complicated twists in the story line. Like Kanak is told about Uma's note he left for her , mentioning a take over of Kanak! she took it to meaning herself and not even in her wildest dreams does she  equate it with  some take over of their family business.  It's also interesting so note, that Vansh in particular is of the view that the shop does more harm to bhabo than good. Kanak on the contrary feels the shop  in itself  is a place of joy for her babho , that  which acts as an ongoing  ointment   for her bereavement of her children. A place where Bhabo works meaningful , getting a wage of keeping Suraj and Sandhya s memories alive!!

Uma is homeward bound and when the middleman tells him that  he personally met the  owner, he assumes  a smooth transaction take over. Shiv as usual dreams about home cooked delights and its then that Uma mentions the name of Palomi  in a laid back manner. One speculates about  this woman. Who  is she? his wife? a servant or his woman?

Before Uma reaches home  we get a peep into his traditional Rajhistani  household. Brightly coloured interior with a large court yard well lit up by natural light.  Interior boasts of carved mahogany columns that hold the edifice of the courtyard. The scullery is a fine example of three earthen hobs upon which traditional dishes were being cooked. A beautiful young woman dexterously manages both the culinary delights and laying the table. It appears this is the woman Palomi that Uma referred to. On her curved waist she holds the keys to the household, which implies she may be someone of significance to the family. Another young teenager Suman  Uma's sister, appears close to this Palomi. The way she teases the young woman about her brother Uma bringing a woman home with him apart from Shiv.. suggests that  Palomi has romantic inclinations towards  Uma. As far as we have deduced so far , Uma might well be unaware of her sentiments ,and as such Palomi s sentiments for Uma may well be one sided. Suman, though enjoys teasing Palomi  and takes the snivelling girl  out of her misery! Tells her Uma is bringing home a DIL for the family ,Aditya s bride, Palomi breathes a sigh of relief.. its clear ,though that Suman the giddy teenager ,  knows  that  the Palomi  fancies her stiff neck  dadsa.. this Palomi is completely taken over both by Uma's  sister Suman's chatter! and by the strong , stiff ,upright persona of Uma Shankar.. even jest of him marrying some one, gives her pangs of jealousy! But what is Palomi to him?

Missing  Bhabo this time ,instead of Kanak  takes over the boys, Vansh and  Ved. But then where would Bhabo be? where else? but at the monument of her memories. Where her husband is blessed with bouts of forgetfulness . Bhabo carries her cross of painful memories of Suraj & Sandhya upon her shoulders. Being in the shop, hands on! relieves the pain in her bosom. For her Suraj's memory ,his trade ,his work must go on. Not an ignoble thought , except that when  Bhabo, endangers her life, it's all too obvious. With already an burnt hand..she lifts the wok with boiling oil ! and it tips into the burning hearth! Tongues of fire rise up! Ominous of a strange impending doom that her beloved Suraj  may be taken over by! Her boys reach in time and   whish her off to safety! put out the fire for now!! This fire  Bhabo starts! and if the family business  and Suraj's good work  is taken over by fire! This will be  Bhabo's doing too! How it contrasts with the happily dancing flames of Uma's home where his grand return was expected.

Babho is badly told off by Ved and Vansh , they see her sweet making , every day walk down memory lane as putting her life under risk. In fact Vansh  says with a touch of irony ,that the shop needs to be disposed off as she will never get out of the past ,it's taken over her completely. Bhabo talks to herself..  the shop is sacred ground for her, none understands  that .. it makes up her soul,  let no one rob her off her soul! of her children Suraj and Sandhya . Kanak watches her Bhabo from the shadows and moves before her parents photograph..she vows with tears in her eyes.. now at last  her aim in life has been revealed.. to restore  Bhabo's shop to her.. and her mind goes back to a man's inspiring words.. they seem to have taken over her..

Moving episode.. ones property on the line. its not bricks ,mortar or land the property is built. It's the memories that are linked  with property that adds the real value to the  shop.  It'll be exciting from now on to spend times in Uma Shanker. Hamlet53, 20.4.17                                     

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swansong thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hammie hammie hammie,
perfect title with perfect introduction, it starts with the theme ''Taking over'' the property but ends in taking over the senses, 👏 that is just fantastic hammie.👏⭐️

Kanak watches her Bhabo from the shadows and moves before her parents photograph..she vows with tears in her eyes.. now at last  her aim in life has been revealed.. to restore  Bhabo's shop to her.. and her mind goes back to a man's inspiring words.. they seem to have taken over her..

Uma Shankar confuses me, why he had to buy property from someone? apart from being a healer, is it his business as well he wants to spread? this episode belongs to the word ''property''. This property had different meanings to different people.For US,it was some property he invested on and waiting for the upcoming profits, for a family, the  property was not only a property, it was memory of a son, a brother, a father who made history in this hanuman gali, for kanak it was the medium to help her Bhabo, to get her family back.

Interesting story.looking forward to meet the sandalwood to meet the fire.keep writing hammie,love u.
Edited by swansong - 7 years ago
Fr0zen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey hammie 😃...Nice title..& beautiful analysis as always 👏⭐️⭐️
The episode was good today..an emotional one...Its heart wrenching to see bhabasa s alzheimers...& the worse he s totally shattered when he gets to know the shop has been taken over...that too sold by santosh rati..😭...& he forgets wat happened the next minute...v tragic...Kanak is determined to get to the root of the problem & she has got an aim in her life now...Its Umashankar s words that motivates her more...😳..& Bhabo is clearly taken over by the past..she still relishes each & every moment spent in her shop...Bhabo ll clearly not survive if she gets to know that her shop is taken...In today s epi she made it clear to ved and vansh that after her death you can do anythin with this shop ...
Lovely episode & an emotional one...😊...
i will be a bit held up for the next one week hammie..But would make sure i read your analysis 😃😃..Keep writing..🤗
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Originally posted by: swansong

Hammie hammie hammie,hello swansong,😊 good to see you
perfect title with perfect introduction, it starts with the theme ''Taking over'' the property but ends in taking over the senses, 👏 that is just fantastic hammie.👏⭐️

Kanak watches her Bhabo from the shadows and moves before her parents photograph..she vows with tears in her eyes.. now at last  her aim in life has been revealed.. to restore  Bhabo's shop to her.. and her mind goes back to a man's inspiring words.. they seem to have taken over her..
well.. me glad to see  you show appreciation
Uma Shankar confuses me, why he had to buy property from someone? apart from being a healer, is it his business as well he wants to spread? this episode belongs to the word ''property''. This property had different meanings to different people.For US,it was some property he invested on and waiting for the upcoming profits, for a family, the  property was not only a property, it was memory of a son, a brother, a father who made history in this hanuman gali, for kanak it was the medium to help her Bhabo, to get her family back.
👏  bravo! such a brilliant thought, so right it is property.. belonging ridden .. I was much interested in the way US lived.. who is his family.. and this  new girl Paulomi
Interesting story.looking forward to meet the sandalwood to meet the fire.keep writing hammie,love u.   well I am pleased to see  that you are interested in the story line.. me to looking forward to Kanak meeting Uma Shankar.. thanks for reading and giving a fabulous comment.. love hammie

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Originally posted by: SilverBell

Awsome Review Hammie.

hiya SilverBell, 😊  listen mate ,do appreciate  you reading and commenting on my  work.. love hammie
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Fr0zen

Hiya Fr0zen, great to see you 😊 mate
Hey hammie 😃...Nice title..& beautiful analysis as always 👏⭐️⭐️

The episode was good today..an emotional one...Its heart wrenching to see bhabasa s alzheimers...& the worse he s totally shattered when he gets to know the shop has been taken over...that too sold by santosh rati..😭...& he forgets wat happened the next minute...v tragic...Kanak is determined to get to the root of the problem & she has got an aim in her life now...Its Umashankar s words that motivates her more...😳..& Bhabo is clearly taken over by the past..she still relishes each & every moment spent in her shop...Bhabo ll clearly not survive if she gets to know that her shop is taken...In today s epi she made it clear to ved and vansh that after her death you can do anythin with this shop ...  you say it beautifully..
Lovely episode & an emotional one...😊... was moving indeed .. people get attached to their dwellings ..
i will be a bit held up for the next one week hammie..But would make sure i read your analysis 😃😃..Keep writing..🤗 ohhh  thanks for letting me know. But I will miss your intresting comments for sure.. hope all goes well with what ever you're involved in..     meanwhile thanks so much for commenting regularly,gives me a big boost..  much  love ,hammie

NusiSg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hey hammie...supaer great impression. . To take over n how u weave every character around it...definitely made epi more meaningful fr us..
Well palomi ka tadka wow..she's ravishing n daadi..n we get the hint we'll get the Radha in her in near future.. bt that's so unusual she seems to got US ki all keys in her possession..maneka for our kanak on it's way.. will be interesting to watch..😉

How n y US will marry kanak despite being palomi around him wud definitely an interesting watch.. can't wait!!😛

Today I'm really late bt I kno u'll pardon me behna.. love u fr all ur efforts u put in here.. kep shining!!
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Hamlet53

<font color="#0000FF">hiya SilverBell, 😊 listen mate ,do appreciate you reading and commenting on my work.. love hammie</font>

Your Welcome Hammie.
:-)
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Originally posted by: NusiSg

hello doc sahiba.. erhh was looking out for you?     how is you?😊
Hey hammie...supaer great impression. . To take over n how u weave every character around it...definitely made epi more meaningful fr us..

Well palomi ka tadka wow..she's ravishing n daadi..n we get the hint we'll get the Radha in her in near future.. bt that's so unusual she seems to got US ki all keys in her possession..maneka for our kanak on it's way.. will be interesting to watch..😉
yes she is very in the part..   but US is not interested in her..   uska dil chandan ke mehek wali  nari  pe hai.. 
How n y US will marry kanak despite being palomi around him wud definitely an interesting watch.. can't wait!!😛
may be Palomi is the house keeper...??
Today I'm really late bt I kno u'll pardon me behna.. love u fr all ur efforts u put in here.. kep shining!!
 I'll shine but want you to shine with me and other readers too..   some lovely  consistent readers, like Fr0zen, SilverBell.. nusi check silverbell's  thread on   RHEA SHARMA  KANAK AT1..
 thanks for turning up , 😊  love hammie.