Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LegolasGondolin thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: _Lord.of.Light_

I love horror movies .. but in Malayalam - only one i liked was my childhood favourite - Manichitratazhu , Shobana was beyond excellent in this one .. after that , i saw Akashganga & Anandabhadram .. the latter was a little better i feel but nothing extraordinary ..

I dont know the current horror scene in Malayalam films .. Ezra looks good , will give it a try .. 

Yeah Manichitratazhu as beyind amazing the script and the whole setting that movie released a year after i was born, still is relevant and stays with you .
You should actually watch some of the old Malayalam movies. Simple stories but those were the best times.

Even the comedy scenes in manichitrathazhu are soo real
Meleparambil aanveedu
akkare akkare 
😊

Ezra is totally different, its got a good script and also no comedy at all .  it maybe not have a huge effect since we are used to the in the face horror movies like Paranormal activity , insidious and other movies in english

Originally posted by: thethickofit

Angel-likeDevil, great find! Malayalam is indeed very poetic. Wiki says the father of the language was a poet - Thunchaththu Ezhuthachan. I need to explore Malayalam poetry now. lol 

@nasco - Hey! Thank you for the wonderful translation. :)) And for the suggestions too. Busy day ahead. :P 

Can you help me identify a song I recorded off the radio? I can share the audio clip here. If it isn't against the rules or something..?

SURE , im not well aware of the rules here though.  send it via Direct Messenger then

I havent read much on malayalm poetry/literature which i consider a huge loss😕

Hope you liked the suggested songs, Theyare truly real and has a deep meaning, pure emotions

Very interesting topic, btw. 

@on the topic of Dravidian languages - they are not mutually intelligible like say Hindi & Urdu. Only Tamil & Malayalam to a very limited extent. Whilst all the languages do share a common ancestor - Proto-Dravidian language, Kannada & Telugu evolved much earlier and developed independently. Tamil & Malayalam differentiated into Proto-South-Dravidian. Malayalam is debated to have been the last one to split. Malayalees may, thus, find it slightly easier to understand some words/phrases in Tamil. Modern Malayalam has little in common with Tamil, though. Certain dialects could be due to location and its history. 

Angel-likeDevil, look up 'Proto-Dravidian' on Wikipedia if you are interested in linguistics. I find South Indian languages & history utterly fascinating. But I am still learning. Long way to go! lol 

This is info to me, Will check it out ðŸ˜Š
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: NautankiSaali

Movie is available in Hotstar but no subtitle Still I watch particular portion of that movie repeatedly.😆  It's a FL centric movie but he had  so much impact with limited screen space.

Do suggest some Telugu movies,I wanna try😳

Aaah, i need subs! :( 

..as for telugu movies, hmm.. IDK which to recommend from latest because I dont really watch many, I watch just a few mainstream ones that air during festivals, with my relatives :p ..but not sure if I can recommend them, NS... they're not that good :(

Originally posted by: _Lord.of.Light_

These days very rarely .. true for all languages .. dont watch a lot of movies .. i do follow a couple of English TV series .. that consumes whatever free time i get .. recently i started reading fantasy novels ( other than Harry Potter ðŸ˜† ) .. finished 'Uprooted'  by Naomi Novik  & regretted ever reading it .. ðŸ˜†

Thinking of starting 'The Malazan book of the fallen' series .. 

It is the latter .. i grew up with the locals as a local .. I was impressed by how my parents completely adopted a new culture , especially my mom - she became an expert in everything Marathi - from food to local traditions ... quite an impressive feat IMO .. 

You seem to like fantasy genre? :)

Ah, yes indeed.. Your parents are very adaptable, not many can be like that yus :)

I just listened to 'Ente kitabile penne' ...I am in love with Malayalam music videos , and also read about the movie on wikipedia, what an tragic story, what's more saddening is it happened in real .. :(

Originally posted by: -PhoenixD-

Beautiful song n d movie too<3
Its real story n that makes it evn more tragic;(

Angel do watch this movie,premam,OSO etc!

Okay, thankyou... hopefully there are subs, but i may just watch it for the awesome cinematography even without the subs ðŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by: nasco

Feel free to ask ðŸ˜Š

thankyou :) 

I cannot understand much, ive watched only limited films. But i think for me Telugu is kinda difficult , i can understand Tamil very well and Kannada i can speak lil since i studied in Mysore.

Asianet.. gah i dont fancy that channel much serials and stuff i would suggest asianet plus which is for movies and also Kiran tv where they play music and films ðŸ˜Š

Oh sorry, i meant Asianet news :p 

thankyou.. I'm not very consistent with watching TV, but I shall remember about Asianet Plus! :) I don't think we get Kiran TV :(

I hope you have watched Bangalore Days :) thats one awesome movie 
Ustad hotel
Om shanti oshana is defintely a favourite
Premam
Classmates (college politics and romance)

Do you like thrillers as well? 
if you do u should watch
Mumbai Police 
Munnariyippu
Drishyam
😊

Horror -Ezra
also please watch manichitrathaazhu ( remade in hindi as Bhool bhulaiyya)

No nasco, not yet :( ..my foray into malayalam movies hasn't happened yet.. :p

Thankyou for all these recommendations! These will be the first I will watch, and I like any genre :)

@Manichitrathaazhu --- I watched it in telugu - "Chandramukhi" ..is Malayalam version different? ðŸ˜ƒ

Angel-likeDevil, great find! Malayalam is indeed very poetic. Wiki says the father of the language was a poet - Thunchaththu Ezhuthachan. I need to explore Malayalam poetry now. lol 

@nasco - Hey! Thank you for the wonderful translation. :)) And for the suggestions too. Busy day ahead. :P 

Can you help me identify a song I recorded off the radio? I can share the audio clip here. If it isn't against the rules or something..?

Hi.. IDK if it is against the rules to share clips on this forum.. maybe you can share them :)

If it is against the rules, a MOD will tell you, no worries :D ..they won't give a warning or take any step for that, may at the most inform us or delete the post - incase it is against the rules, which I doubt it is :) 

I think the only prohibition is when the shared content is indecent or derogatory:-)
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 7 years ago