Posted: 6 years ago
Hello, welcome to this thread South Indians! 😃
Here, we share and discuss our wonderful South Indian music. :)
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 6 years ago
akale oru kaadinte means,  far off in a forest...
Akale oru kadinthe naduvil oru poovil
Far off, in a forest, in the middle, (in) a flower

Nugaraatu poya mathu mathumondo?
No clue

Avidde vannille veeta nattu penn pakshithan katha kelkuan
There comes veeta nattu a female bird to hear a story 

Kaatha kaathinundo?
Not sure

sorry 😕😆
Edited by KhatamKahani - 6 years ago
Akale oru kadinthe naduvil oru poovil
Far off, in a forest, a flower in the middle

Nugaraate poya madhu mathuram undo?
is there sweet honey that has not been savoured?

Avidde vannu ilaveeta nattu penn pakshithan katha kelkuan Kaathu kaadinundo?
does the forest  have ears to hear to the story of the female bird who has come there?

ponvenuvil paatu theedum poon thennalin pranayamundo?
does the breeze who searches for music in the golden flute has love?

chenniriikkumpol or ittu sneham thann thalolam aatunna chillayundo?
is there a branch who pampers/cradles you with love when you sit on it?

irulinde naduvil parakunna thiri pole minnaminungin velichamundo?
is there the light of a firefly like a flying diya in the midst of darkness ?

udayangal thann chumbanagal uriyiru nalkum kaataruvi undo?
is there the  forest rivultet that gets life from every sunrise kiss 

raathriyil raakendu thoonila chayathil ezhthuedum oru chaaru chitrham undo?
is there a beautiful painting which is made by the moon in the colour of moonlight 

verattu pokatahe pranane kaalkkunna swaacham vaayu pravaham undo?
is there clean air which keeps life alive?

Its kinda difficult to translate as its poetic in malayalam but when u translate loot of it is lost.
Hope this helps 😊

Edited by nasco - 6 years ago
Thankyou beena_jon, KhatamKahani, nasco. :)

Thankyou soo much for taking your time to give a detailed translation @nasco, such beautiful lyrics! :) ..and no worries, your translation is very nice, I am more in love with this song now 😃 thanks!!
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

Thankyou beena_jon, KhatamKahani, nasco. :)

Thankyou soo much for taking your time to give a detailed translation @nasco, such beautiful lyrics! :) ..and no worries, your translation is very nice, I am more in love with this song now 😃 thanks!!

Im glad i could help 😊. Malayalam songs are mostly poetic and explore different emotions . Absolutely love the song. Shreya's voice adds magic to it ..

Also you should listen to Idukki song by the same composer biji bal 😊

Originally posted by nasco

Im glad i could help 😊. Malayalam songs are mostly poetic and explore different emotions . Absolutely love the song. Shreya's voice adds magic to it ..

Also you should listen to Idukki song by the same composer biji bal 😊

Thanks for the suggestion nasco, just listened to Idukki, such a nice song.. absolutely loved it, both video and audio... makes me curious about lyrics and the movie as well.(can you give a brief summary on meaning of the song? :p )

@bold --- Oh, so most Malayalam songs are like that? I thought I was coming across songs like that 😛😃 I've listened to Nokki nokki, Lailakame, and another song from Jomonthe Suviseshangal,Vaarthinkalee from Kali and then, your translation of Akale oru kaadinte ..made me pleasantly surprised how the lyrics weren't the usual type we hear in other languages 😃 In other languages, we rarely find songs with such lyrics or videos.. I'm unable to express properly, but I never expected glaringly 'romantic' songs like Nokki Nokki and Vaarthinkalee to be so full of poetical references, I was expecting to read some lovey-dovey / usual "love you blah blah blah" lyrics, but I am fida over all the songs, especially how both love songs are sooo full of references to nature  ...beautiful and mature song-writing in all those songs ❤️

And the songs are so 'wholesome' - not just pleasing to the ears, but also to the eyes - apart from Kerala being a beautiful place, the songs also are so beautifully shot.. Sorry couldn't control myself, I am lovestruck and obsessed 😆❤️ 

And, please please pleaaase feel free to recommend more such songs! :D

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion nasco, just listened to Idukki, such a nice song.. absolutely loved it, both video and audio... makes me curious about lyrics and the movie as well.(can you give a brief summary on meaning of the song? :p )

@bold --- Oh, so most Malayalam songs are like that? I thought I was coming across songs like that 😛😃 I've listened to Nokki nokki, Lailakame, and another song from Jomonthe Suviseshangal,Vaarthinkalee from Kali and then, your translation of Akale oru kaadinte ..made me pleasantly surprised how the lyrics weren't the usual type we hear in other languages 😃 In other languages, we rarely find songs with such lyrics or videos.. I'm unable to express properly, but I never expected glaringly 'romantic' songs like Nokki Nokki and Vaarthinkalee to be so full of poetical references, I was expecting to read some lovey-dovey / usual "love you blah blah blah" lyrics, but I am fida over all the songs, especially how both love songs are sooo full of references to nature  ...beautiful and mature song-writing in all those songs ❤️

And the songs are so 'wholesome' - not just pleasing to the ears, but also to the eyes - apart from Kerala being a beautiful place, the songs also are so beautifully shot.. Sorry couldn't control myself, I am lovestruck and obsessed 😆❤️ 

And, please please pleaaase feel free to recommend more such songs! :D

WOW this makes me very happy and you can call me shwetha 😊
Idukki is a hill station in Kerala and as you see in the video naturally rich covered by greenery far from the hustle and bustle of a city. The song just describes Idukki , the climate ,wind, soil and the hills.
The film is awesome too.
We do have the fast paced songs too but more of the melodious ones 😊

If you want some new ones :
Malare from Premam
Take off promo song
Olanjali kuruvi from 1983
Poomaram from Poomaram
Ethu Kari Raavilum from Bangalore Days 
Ente Janal arikil inn from Su su sudhi Vathmeekam
Neela thamare Punyam choodiyen from Neelathamara
NilaMalare from Diamond necklace 
Azhalinte Azhangalil from Ayalum Njanum Thammil 

Kaatu mooliyo pranayam from Om shant oshana
Anuraga vilochanan aayi - from Neela thamara 
Aluva puzhayude theerath from Premam

EVERGREEN ones 

Ethrayao janmam aayi from summer in Bethlehem (too good )
Oru Raathri koode from summer in Bethlehem
Nila pongal aayelo from Thenmavin Kombath
Aadhyam aayi knda naal from thooval kottaram
Enthinu Veroru sooryodayam from Mazha ethum munpe (this would be an evergreen love song)
Aatirambile kombile from Kaalapani
Vennila chandana kinnam from  azhakiya raavanan
etho vaarmukilin  from pookalam varavayi
ennodenthenthinee pinekkam from kaliyattom
aaro viral meeti pranayavarnangal

Hope i dint scare you.😊

EDIT :

Forgot to add some 

Irulu Neelu raave from Ezra ( one of my recent fav's for how it beautifully brings out the tense situation and the BG is too good)
Thambiran from Ezra like an ode to the bygone era 
Kaathirunnu Kaathirunnu from Ennu ninte moidheen 
Kannondu chollanu from Ennu ninte moidheen
Aalila thaaliyumaayi from mizhirandilum
Pinakkam aano from AnandhaBhadram (picturised amazingly well, ravi varma painting references)

Thankyou for the suggestion Shwetha! And lol, no you didn't scare me!! :D :)  ..thankyou for taking your time in posting recommendations <3

Thankyou for the suggestion Shwetha! And lol, no you didn't scare me!! :D :)  ..thankyou for taking your time in posting recommendations <3

My pleasure 😊 Listen to them and please share your thoughts 😊