Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

One shot: Writers Block

ChandlerBing thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Note: This is set in Alternate Universe. Maan and Geet aren't canon, neither is the story. Fair warning.

One Shot: Writer's Block

"It has been six years since we are trapped here" sighs Geet, stuck at what she had been doing the last thing, at the terrace, on the swing, painting her toenails.

"In the terrace? I thought it's been six months" Maan adds faking ignorance.

"I am talking about the story" she scowls darkly. "When is she going to start writing again. I am tired of this pull and push game."

"Really?" he says grinning, taking a seat next to her.

They both were mere puppets, in the hands of a master writer. They had grown along with her, their thoughts shaping as their writers' had shaped, dark clouds looming over in their world, when the writer had a heartbreak; all nice and rosy happening to them, when the writer fell in love.

Six years to the day their story have been conceived, they stay here, hanging out together in the imaginary city there were set in, frozen in the place they are left last by the writer.

They have come to like each other a bit, since they were around for a longer time, and had actually seen each of them shape, and also because they were stuck in these interludes, whenever their writer has a block.

"You want our story to end, just like that?" he asks, uncharacteristically. He was sketched as a cynic and his partner, the eternal believer, but staying along with each other for a long time, they started to toe their lines.

"I wish for it to start again. It gets to me to sit here, waiting"

"Maybe she had been going through stuff"

"That she had. Off late, she had been writing about another couple, to keep her mind off things"

"Oh, we have a competition? How are the other couple"

"Bleh. They can't hold a candle next to us" she says shrugging "Heard she sketched them to be more normal. Not like us. Ours was supposed to be an eternal love story. Theirs seems to be a slice of life"

"Okay" he says, his eyebrows snapping into thinking lines "That is a bad sign. You know that right?"

"Because they are easy to write, and have closure before we do?"

He shook his head at her naivete. Sometimes he wondered how come the writer sketched her so naive.

"No, because she had moved on from a teenager's expectations of how stories are supposed to be, to an adult's experience of how real stories are. What if she never comes back to us?"

She looked out of words for a bit. Then, she smiled a small smile.

"She is meant to come back to us"

"And why is that Miss. Optimistic?" he asks.

"Because we are her first love, and one can't forget their first love that easily"

He stares at for a moment and smiles, although he manages to rile her up by flippantly commenting "No wonder you stemmed out when she was young and lame" he says.

"So are you" she shots back.

"I am her expectations. You are a part of her"

And so they get back to their bickering selves, while the author stirs in her sleep, dreaming of a story she had put on writer's block, finding a sudden inspiration...

Edited by ChandlerBing - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mituag thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
You sketched it so beautiful that made me fall in love with them again... like I was ever fall out hehehhe...
Here, just imagine... I seriously felt bad for my stories which are on hold due to various stuff heheheh
Aditi.kesari thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nicely portrayed them as characters by writer who didn't complete the story
khwaishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
awesome OS 😊 wonderfully written
Param-Sundari thumbnail
Explains why i am here at this particular time... But i cant explain that to anyone else 

Reminded of people who left us along the journey, 
Just wonderingwhose loss it actually was!!!!
dqno1 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
.. and then she gives out hope again πŸ˜†

I loved the line .. about expectations vs being a part of the person.

So true...

You forgot the other people on the swing with themπŸ˜†

US!!!!

Waiting and waiting and waiting ..
divya22 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
So apt.. 
I loved this line.  "I am her expectations. You are a part of her"

snehapriya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
No one could ever imagine such a story. Seriously Maan and Geet keep running in everyone of our mind through reading or writing as they are our first live.