Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: .Avengers.

What is story about?

dont know the full story yet, but the general story i think is about a boy that grew up in the slums with an aspiration to become a rapper, its based on the life of real desi rappers like Neazy

The role is absolutely perfect for ranveer, ranveer has rapped quite a few times such as in the songs aadat se majboor and in his jack and jones and rupa frontline ad, he sometimes even writes the lyrics to the raps,he also loves hip hop music 😊

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFm5UQXS4s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB-S5LBU1eA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGOA8crLbis[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ThkzOEV-k[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by zara321 - 7 years ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
happy that alia is there but that is about it
zoya is a bad director and she ruined DDD..what a horror

after that no expectations from her at all

zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: jibber-jabber

Bookmarking! Yay for the fresh pairing. 👏

Don't mess it up Zoya. 😡

zoya seems to be doing a lot of research and prep for the film, for the past 18 months they hav been working and they still hav time till start of filming in november, she even visited the slums where neazy grew up

we havent had a story about a rap artist in bollywood before, well i can't think of any movies like that, so i'm excited to see something new 😊
HZAnita thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: cougarTown

happy that alia is there but that is about it

zoya is a bad director and she ruined DDD..what a horror

after that no expectations from her at all

My hope is that since Naezy is involved, Zoya will feel compelled to do a good job with the story.
bairaagix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
MMT Ads were so cute. Can't wait for this pair ❤️
ThalaVeer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: RVeeRAO

Hey, 😃

kya chal raha hai😛😊😃 yeh saab?😆
ThalaVeer thumbnail

Here's what Zoya Akhtar has planned for Ranveer Singh's role in 'Gully Boy'

Ranveer Singh is somewhat offbeat than most Bollywood stars, in the sense, that his most special, stand out pairings are with filmmakers of reckoning. Clearly an actor who believes in brilliant acting above all else, Ranveer will pair up with Zoya Akhtar for his next film.

The only filmmaker who captures nuances of human relationships and behaviour in their subtle, real and easy to relate to forms, Zoya and Ranveer will work together in the cutting edge Gully Boy next.

In the past, Ranveer has spoken of his admiration for Zoya as a filmmaker, having delivered a winsome, melt-your-heart performance as Kabir in Dil Dhadhakne Do. In Gully Boy, a completely different side to Ranveer's persona will be explored onscreen.

This time Zoya will dig deep into his quintessential Mumbai roots to present him in a typically Mumbai flavoured story, soaked in the impulsive, ambitious and all heart aspects of India's maximum city. With three films directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali in his kitty, Ranveer is clearly this autuer's favourite male actor. He is also the top pick and a creative inspiration for Zoya Akhtar, his buddy and a favourite director.

Zoya is known to bring out the best in acting from her stars in all her films. Working with Zoya for the second time, and with a co-star like Alia Bhatt, Ranveer is bound to present a never before seen aspect of his acting and re-establish his versatility as an actor. No doubt, he remains, the most surprising star of this generation.

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
BM...looking forward to this one!
SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
BMing.
Yay! to the fresh pairing.They were adorable in MMT ads. Good luck 
 to the crew.
Came across this couple of days back.The article is random,anyway.

Gully Rapper Naezy Is Getting A Biopic, Here Is What Concerns Me The Most About It

3 Minutes

Parag Kadam

4 DAYS AGO IN FEATURED

So for one more time, Bollywood is all set to make another biopic. This time it's about our own Gully rapper, Naezy aka Naved Sheikh from Bombay 70, the Mumbai underground hip-hop fans would know the underdog tales of Naezy and Divine aka Vivian Fernandes through their songs Jungli Sher and Asal Hustle. The two also did a collaboration in the song Meri Gully Mein that took over the internet by storm. As for the biopic, it's titled 'Gully Boy' directed by Zoya Akhtar, and starring Ranveer Singh as Naezy.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mre56rwF6Y8[/YOUTUBE] 

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bK5dzwhu-I[/YOUTUBE]

Firstly, I would like to congratulate the Gully Gang on this massive step towards being even more successful. But, as much as I feel proud and happy for the bantai log, there are a certain things that genuinely concern me now that a Bollywood film-maker has taken the responsibility of uplifting the underground Indian hip-hop scene.

1. Zoya Akhtar usually captures the space of urban rich in her films- I'm pretty intrigued and excited to watch her capture the alternate urban space, but a part of me is also skeptical on how original and aesthetic would the film be if a non-Bollywood fan were to watch it.

2. As a fan, I would like to see the majority of focus on their struggle, lifestyle, and especially music. Unlike the other Bollywood films where they spice up and exaggerate the tales and focus on love affairs to enhance the experience of viewers. Well...on an emotional level.

3. I also fear that the nature of their music would change after this biopic and it would simply become more filmy and party-based more than what it is right now- the songs about social immorality, darkest realities of life, the groovy in-your-face themes. I hope these things remain unchanged no matter what!

4. The mainstream Bollywood space may emphasize on peculiar talents from the underground scene and people will stick only to Divine and Naezy as popular figures after this film. Where as other rappers in the Gully rap scene will remain unnoticed by a majority of listeners since they did not get a chance of being in the spotlight.

Although, I'm very excited to see them do gigs at bigger venues, I would really miss the excitement of catching them live at local venues, and also hearing stories of my friends having spoken to them next day at work(jealous much). 

Needless to say, as much as I'm proud that the Gully Rappers would be getting the spotlight, a part of me also feels a bit off on the inside for I would no longer be one of those privileged 'bantai' fans who listen to their music.

http://www.filtercopy.com/posts/gully-rapper-naezy-is-getting-a-biopic-here-is-what-concerns-me-the-most-about-it

Edited by NautankiSaali - 7 years ago
ThalaVeer thumbnail
Zoya Akhtar is digging deep into her quintessential Mumbai roots to present Ranveer Singh in a Perfect Bombay Rapper Avatar in #GullyBoy..