Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Recently Seen Movies - 10 (Page 7)

Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 22 February 2017 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ---Betty---

There is another movie similar to castaway called 'Inferno(1953)', it's an excellent and intense suspense movie

The protoganist played by Robert Ryan is totally isolated and left by himself - The similarity ends here

He is not mild mannered likeable guy but a rude selfish millionaire who when traveling through the Mohave desert with his wife and friend is totally left alone in the middle of a burning desert( it's not a green and fertile island like in castaway) when he breaks his leg and is unable to move

They leave him supposedly to get medical aid

As time goes by it occurs to him they might never come back and he has survive on his own with no supplies, no mobility and burning sun and poisonous creatures ( not as poisonous as some human beings) enveloping him

Occasionally they show it on Fox Movie Channel... It's 3D actually but only on big screen ofcourse

There was a TV movie based on this called Ordeal(1973) not nearly as powerful as 'Inferno' but still watchable, YouTube has it.

I'll watch this one too, love survival drama Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Betty-MinzPie-Swetha-

Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 22 February 2017 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Vertical Limit -
The first scene until the father sacrifices himself was... *facepalm*  BAD direction.. almost looked like a spoof scene, infact I didn't take it seriously until the father drops dead and the scene changes.. The entire movie is so 'cinematic' and feels superficial. Granted, they did overcome technical difficulties. Make up was poor, acting was poor, story was too filmy and melodramatic, direction was poor. Poor movie. :|

Son of Saul

A Holocaust drama.. it was scary sometimes and heart-wrenching, but I watched it. It shows different extremes of humans - the extreme evil we are capable of ; our capacity to live/die through the worst.. what times humanity has seen and lived through, is just... 

This is a story about a Sonderkommando - a worker, usually a Jew who was hired to work in maintenance of the gas chambers... and so, the Kommando finds his son(still breathing but unconscious) among the bodies he was to dispose, and the movie is about how he goes on to struggle in hiding his son, in finding a rabbi to give a proper funeral to his son... The actor is amazing - his expressions speak for themselves - how he goes from feeling numb inside, to the fear screaming out from his silent face and so on.. Direction is very good. Really liked how the director keeps the morbidity away from camera's focus - it's not in your face, such things need not be..

The beautiful thing is.. despite the horrifying conditions around him, he still believes he has to give a good resting place to his son.. even if it means risking his life.. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

IceQueen.Hermione..MinzPie-Swetha-

EvilR Senior Member
EvilR
EvilR

Posted: 23 February 2017 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
31 (2016)

Fun, wild, and ridiculous. Rob Zombie is kinda/sorta impressive as a director, but leaves something to be desired as a writer. The film is not nearly as gory or gross as I expected it to be, but I enjoyed it nonetheless!
Hermione.. IF-Rockerz
Hermione..
Hermione..

Posted: 23 February 2017 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -iLoveZaynMalik

Originally posted by hermione82

Taken  - Very fast paced nail biting action thriller..loved it !!

You watched it just now?! It's one of my favorite films. Such a simple plot but so entertaining! Embarrassed

Yeah..I miss out a lot of movie then catch up later..I maintain a list actually LOL

yes simple..a lot of loophole in screenplay but what a fast paced entertainer

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MrBiebersWifey.

Anachronist IF-Stunnerz
Anachronist
Anachronist

Posted: 24 February 2017 at 9:55am | IP Logged
FOXCATCHER
awesome movie and steve carrell Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

brewedawakening-Swetha-

-Betty- IF-Rockerz
-Betty-
-Betty-

Posted: 24 February 2017 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Bridget Jones's Baby(2016) - a sequel 12 years in the making, was the wait worth it? Smile

First 30 minutes is godawful with terrible overacting by the supporting cast, then it picks up has some really funny moments, (The scene where she tries to pronounce the Indian guy's name is so ROFL) again last 30 min lame and silly, banal, they took the easy and lazy route... 

Minor spoilers, ending not revealed

The premise of the story is 'Who's your daddy' or rather 'Who's my baby daddy?' The very conundrum that has been the basis of Western Civilization for thousands of years Smile

Major suspension of disbelief is needed throughout the movie, remember the goal of this movie is fulfilling the fantasies of frustrated women of all ages but 40+ in particular ( having one nighters with handsome strangers; Two handsome, successful, rich - One of them an American Billionare - fighting over you and begging to be your baby daddy)

Bridget has lost her trademark chubbiness but is inept than ever and behaves so immaturely - using expired condom while doing it with a total stranger, she outright ignores the need for prenatal diagnostics (amniocentesis) despite the risks a 40+ pregnant woman and her baby faces and nobody, not even her gynecologist seems to be alarmed by this. 

There's constant dropping of 'F' bomb, Bridget lets kids listen to a conversation filled with 'F' bombs, even a kid uses it once..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MrBiebersWifey.-Swetha-

EAST9 Senior Member
EAST9
EAST9

Posted: 24 February 2017 at 5:20pm | IP Logged
DR STRANGE

I love this movie and I hate Dr strange at the beginning of movie. Such an ego doctor. LOL

XXX RETURN OF XANDER CAGE

My 7th times ! LOL  I love 3D (Diesel, Donny and Deepika). I think Deepika is the soul of xXx3 because for me she lead movie at the end.

But, yes... the story is way too simple. For me on DJ Caruso, I Am Number 4 movie still the best among the best. I hope he did something like that again.

EvilR Senior Member
EvilR
EvilR

Posted: 24 February 2017 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Indignation (2016)

One of the best scene of Indignation is when Marcus (Logan Lerman) is confronted by the Dean (Tracy Letts), who questions Marcus's motives. The two have very heated debates about a wide swath of topics, and it makes for a thrilling, intelligent watch. That scene alone shows how brilliant Logan Lerman can be if given the right script and role. He gives the greatest performance of his career, and it's hard to believe this is the same actor in The Lightning Thief. Sarah Gadon is a presence on screen, which matches with her character in the film, and her accent reinforces the authenticity of not just her performance but also the film as a whole.

Go seek this one out! 

Go to top