Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Recently Seen Movies - 10 (Page 115)

Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 01 March 2018 at 4:43am | IP Logged
The Tale of Princess Kaguya

^^a beautiful song from the movie. When this scene begins in the movie, and as you watch it, you feel so nostalgic and some warm feelings, which only shows the director's skill. 

What can I say about this movie... I think I watched one hour of the film for a long long time.. right from the moment the movie began, kept replaying so much because I was awe-struck by the beauty of the animation, beauty captured in the story.. IDK what animation or what they did, but this movie is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen

Right from the first scene, every scene in this movie is beautiful - both in story, animation, presentation, feel, music, everything.. 

Loved the mother, she's such a beautiful character.. The way she's understanding and comforts Kaguya despite not understanding her complex situation. The father too.. reminded of our own parents who have an idea of happiness that they form because of societal conditioning and act only out of a trust that their idea will truly bring us happiness. They're so innocent, both mother and father.. they both love her so much..  

Societal conditioning in city-life is strongly juxtaposed against carefree raw beauty of country side in this movie.. won't go into that sad dimension of our lives but I didn't know that other cultures also had 'coming-off-age' ceremonies like in India.

But I love how this anime or characters don't blame the society and rather through Kaguya says that all people, birds, bugs, beasts, plants, flowers - they all see happiness and grief in all different shades and that, Earth isn't impure.. 

My most favorite scene is the scene where baby Kaguya takes her first steps as her father cheers on, and she walks towards him, he is so overjoyed in tears.. one of the most emotional scenes ever. 

A lot of scenes were beautiful... this entire movie, every scene was beautiful. I can say much, but words really make no sense, especially my incoherent ones :p ..this movie should be experienced, it is a fairytale.. and will end this post with this piece of music played in the end when Buddha, fairies, moon people descend to Earth to take Princess away with them, this scene was beautifully sad, the music made for a great movie watching experience, felt magical, real, sad, happy - 

L.. yaar, arigatooo Big smile 

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 01 March 2018 at 5:34am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

--L--

--L-- IF-Stunnerz
--L--
--L--

Posted: 01 March 2018 at 8:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

So given a chance would you be at homie Buddha place where no suffering exist or you would like to earth to feel pain and trouble ?

Angel-likeDevil

Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 01 March 2018 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --L--

So given a chance would you be at homie Buddha place where no suffering exist or you would like to earth to feel pain and trouble ?

:D had to think for a while about this.. hmm.. 

Earth... but I am curious about moon too. So, IDK to be honest. 

A place without suffering seems unreal, unattainable.. I believe as long as I am alive, no matter where I am, I will suffer, because it's a flavor of life that somehow I feel I must taste. But not complaining, although I may cry over it :)

Plus, don't want to sound masochistic, but I have been through pain, both physical and emotional/whatever - and they are transcending.  

And, my parents are here, again, don't want to sound melodramatic but, I die for the little moments of love I have with them, and sometimes feel like literally dying because of some other moments I have with them.

The extremes of feelings that I got so far in life, is beautiful.. not that I want to suffer or enjoy suffering, but when they come to me, surely, suffering/torture did something more than I can put in words. Hard to explain... my feelings about God play bigger role in this entire thing.

However, after writing all this and thinking further, IDK about a life with no suffering, so much so, I almost feel like it's unreal - so I am curious. Can't desire it or reject it..

In conclusion - anywhere I guess, but I am attached to Earth but also curious about moon.. :p

Sorry if it is confusing.

You say Big smile

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 01 March 2018 at 9:33am

--L--

Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 01 March 2018 at 9:22am | IP Logged
There's a scene in the movie L, Kaguya explains how a lady on the moon would to sing that "birds, bugs, beasts" song, and would cry.. although she had completely forgotten about Earth. And Kaguya was moved by her singing.. 
Sometimes in life, we feel down without any reason, absolutely no reasons that our conscious mind can perceive of, so, people on Moon must have some sort of suffering of their own.. maybe of varying degrees or kinds.. 

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 01 March 2018 at 9:23am

--L--

--L-- IF-Stunnerz
--L--
--L--

Posted: 01 March 2018 at 10:06am | IP Logged
I think the existence of blissfulness without ever feeling sorrow is not possible , there would always be some misery.
That said , me personally would prefer the moon place right now.
The answer would depend on the phase of life you ask this question at.
If the question was in my childhood surely no, a between phase yes and peak golden God age possibly no , after that definitely yes.
It basically depend on the life and memories you lead.

Angel-likeDevil

Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 01 March 2018 at 10:18am | IP Logged

I think the existence of blissfulness without ever feeling sorrow is not possible , there would always be some misery.
If the question was in my childhood surely no, a between phase yes and peak golden God age possibly no , after that definitely yes.

hmm..

I hope your life soon changes for you to enjoy Earth.. is there nothing that gives you a respite from your present situation?

--L--

--L-- IF-Stunnerz
--L--
--L--

Posted: 01 March 2018 at 8:06pm | IP Logged

hmm..

I hope your life soon changes for you to enjoy Earth.. is there nothing that gives you a respite from your present situation?

My time is past.
It's time for younglings like yourself now.

Angel-likeDevil

Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 01 March 2018 at 10:53pm | IP Logged

hmm..

My time is past.
It's time for younglings like yourself now.

ayyo, don't say that.. It's just a phase like you said, hang in there, your time will get better for you.. 

There must be something that gives you a relief despite your situation? something that takes you to the moon even if it is for a few moments? Music, movies, literature, something of an interest or hobby.. 

Go to top