Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

shall I open a new thread? 

Do you have to ask permission from Mandy the Mod?
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -Betty-

Do you have to ask permission from Mandy the Mod?

IDK.. I'll send her a PM.
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

whaaat :p 
Did you watch this movie.. what did you think about it?:)

You need to watch some brutal kino's
Let's start with oldboy.

I HV watched it.
I like Nicolas winding refn work drive , valhalla rising.
It was good.
The best part was second half , when they let it go to extremes.
Originally posted by: --L--

You need to watch some brutal kino's
Let's start with oldboy.

I HV watched it.
I like Nicolas winding refn work drive , valhalla rising.
It was good.
The best part was second half , when they let it go to extremes.

@bold - ones I stay away from :p
I've heard a lot about Oldboy :)

hmm.. Drive is one of all time best movies :) How is Valhalla Rising.. Is Only God Forgives worth watching? I started watching it before Neon Demon, but dropped it.

SrideviFan4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Take Off (Malayalam)- Finally got to watch the film and it was worth all the hype surrounding the film and Parvathy's performance. A brilliantly written and executed take on the Iraqi nurse hostage and rescue saga of 2014. Unlike Tiger Zinda Hai,which was flashy and nonsensical, Take Off is realistic and makes you feel a part of the whole rescue operation in the second half of the film. I also loved the way they designed the fictitious character of Sameera-it added a lot of depth to the film and the struggle of Sameera. Parvathy was brilliant in the role. She made Sameera believable and empathetic. Well worth the special mention at NA and best actress at IFFI. I also liked how the film covers everybody and not just Sameera. It is just like how a rescue operation would look like where all the lives matter and not just the protagonist in the story. Only tha part with Sameera's husband at the end looked a bit unbelievable. Fahid Fazal as usual was brilliant despite his short role. He has some tremendous screen presence. Been a fan of his since 22 F Kottayam days! Overall, a very well crafted film which isn't surprising since it's from Mollywood!
4/5
TotalBetty thumbnail

Woh Kaun Thi (1964)

Heard they're going to remake it so wanted to rewatch it before they ruin the pleasant memory

Really liked it despite discovering a lot of plot holes this time, also a lot more suspension of disbelief was needed than when I watched it several yrs ago 😆

The movie is a treat for the eyes and esp the ears and despite it's many flaws considering the individual elements, as a package it works beautifully⭐️❤️

The doctor knows he's married to a ghost but mom thinks of her as Bahu

The camera work, hauntingly beautiful Sadhana, Manoj Kumar so handsome and his mannerisms ⭐️  before he became full blown Bharat (I liked that too, don't understand all the negativity towards him online) above all, the score⭐️❤️⭐️

(To think they're going to picturize Naina Barse and Lagja Gale on Aish and Shahid Kapoor or whoever is 😕 )

And considering it was 1964, the pace is perfect (no unnecessary scenes, tedious comedy tracks which even Gurudutt classics couldn't avoid) that only falters a little towards the end

Even now couple of scenes managed to spook me (Kudos to Raj Gosla ⭐️ )

Edited by -Betty- - 6 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Movies from all over the country and the world are reviewed here

So I think reviewers could mention the language of the movie unless it's from BW or HW.

Sometimes you read the whole post but have no idea which country the movie is from
Originally posted by: -Betty-

Movies from all over the country and the world are reviewed here

So I think reviewers could mention the language of the movie unless it's from BW or HW.

Sometimes you read the whole post but have no idea which country the movie is from

..noted ☺️