Revanth - The Rockstar *Fan Club* - Page 4

Posted: 7 years ago
I watched the promo of Revanths song. His pronunciation lets him down. Musically he is fantabulous, his pitching is perfect, but if you can't say the main words of the song properly, it kind of ruins it. Hear him say charkha.

Amongst the South Indian contestants his pronunciation is clearly the worst.
Originally posted by ~Raina~

I watched the promo of Revanths song. His pronunciation lets him down. Musically he is fantabulous, his pitching is perfect, but if you can't say the main words of the song properly, it kind of ruins it. Hear him say charkha.

Amongst the South Indian contestants his pronunciation is clearly the worst.

Agree..he really needs to work on it.
I'm wondering if anyone assists with song preparation? Or do they solely rely on judges feedback?
I believe they have some sort of assistance.
If Farah could help choreograph during andaaz round it would be strange that they had no help with singing.

Curiosity got me to listen to the original chappa chappa charkha song again, and from the promo I don't think Revanths done justice. And I'm not talking pronunciation here.

Let's just hope when I watch the episode it's much better
Originally posted by ~Raina~

I believe they have some sort of assistance.
If Farah could help choreograph during andaaz round it would be strange that they had no help with singing.

Curiosity got me to listen to the original chappa chappa charkha song again, and from the promo I don't think Revanths done justice. And I'm not talking pronunciation here.

Let's just hope when I watch the episode it's much better

i couldnt understand the lyrics while he was singing except chapa chapa charkha !!!!  his singing was good but i dint get the lyrics ... I m listening to that song for the first time so might be that was the reason .. Because none of the judges said regarding his pronunciation ...
Revanth did a fairly good job..I'm not fond of tht song but it sounded better in his voice.
Yes, the pronunciation was off which Sonu pointed out so I hope tht improves. Otherwise, he has an amazing confidence level and IMO the best voice amongst all contestants.
He definitely is very confident and a great performer.
His singing is also really good.
Like they always say he's the complete package.
But if he's got to sing in Bollywood he'll have to work hard.

Even then if someone is most ready to sing in Bollywood it's him. He's got the voice to make it big, confidence, experience (in tollywood though).
So so dissapppinted today. He didn't seem at ease singing today. In spite of that his stage performance was good.
I loved how he went through the technicalities - the high and low notes were spot on. But he did go off tune at places. He struggled with pronunciation.

What's worse is that you have one week to perform one song with 80-100 unique words. There's no reason to mispronounce so many words.

If Rohit, Maalavika, Shravan can get their pronunciation right or almost right so can he.

And this is not the first time. Every song has had badly pronounced words, but they've never been so bad.

I guess I've been very critical. But he's my favourite and I really don't want him to not win because of this!
Chappa Chappa is a difficult song and so wouldn't blame Revanth since Hindi is not his language.But,he did try his best.
Originally posted by fatssrilanka

<font size="3"><font color="#CC3333">Chappa Chappa is a difficult song and so wouldn't blame Revanth since Hindi is not his language.But,he did try his best.</font></font>
the beauty is he mastered the difficult bits of the song, he hit most off the nites well . He just couldn't pronounce syllable ch and kh which are part of the first line.
Of course there were more like tha become more like ta , but that didn't stand out half as much.
He's made mistakes in the best, most noticeably his sounds become but those were tolerable.
The tempo is the last line was too fast - but that was his style, he gave it his own touch (which I didn't like), but that's also a matter of choice.
He tried hard and I appreciate that. But I've been praising him to the skies, and today this is what I really thought.
I believe in one of his biggest fans (almost every post of mine mentions him), so for me to say anything against his performance would take a lot. Unfortunately he butchered the songEdited by ~Raina~ - 7 years ago
Just heard one of his interviews, Revanth has no classical training.