Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kuki715 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Thank you for this informative post😊. 
I remember you used to do something like this in JA too, drawing parallels between the real and reel events. 
I am liking the way they are shaping the characters especially Tarabai's and  your posts help a lot since I don't know much about Bajirao. 

Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fantastic posts Abhay
goofyCat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MaddyO

I find Tarabai's character very interesting the way they have shown her. 

She was daughter of Prataprao (Kudatoji) Gujar the senapati of Shivaji Maharaj.  She was a brave fiery lady who
had taken over the duties and responsibilities of the Rajya after Sambhaji Raje was brutally tortured and killed and with Rajaram sickly. 

I find great logic in her character when she said that throne cannot be kept empty awaiting Shahu's unknown arrival.

Her points about if Shahu is even alive or if he is alive whether he is not influenced by Aurangzeb in his thinking, whether he retains the same love for Rajya is also bang on.

Seen from her view point - her son and Shahu were of the same standing as they both were grandsons of Shivaji Maharaj.

I love her character so far.  I really wish they retain the human imperfect sides of the characters and do not turn them into total white or total black.  It becomes so much more interesting to watch such characters.  Pallavi Joshi is doing a wonderful job.

Pallavi Joshi is doing a brilliant job. She is a very apt choice to play Tarabai!

One doubt, are you sure that Tarabai was daughter of Prataprao Gurjar? From what I have read, I remember she was daughter of Hambir rao Mohite, who was also Soyarabai's brother. Despite being so closely related to Rajaram, Hambirrao was always in support of Sambhaji. And since he was army chief, the army was in favor of Sambhaji as you mentioned in another post.

Your mention of Prataprao left me thoughtful, so just wanted to check if there are any conflicting references related to this..
MaddyO thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: _goofyCat_

Pallavi Joshi is doing a brilliant job. She is a very apt choice to play Tarabai!

One doubt, are you sure that Tarabai was daughter of Prataprao Gurjar? From what I have read, I remember she was daughter of Hambir rao Mohite, who was also Soyarabai's brother. Despite being so closely related to Rajaram, Hambirrao was always in support of Sambhaji. And since he was army chief, the army was in favor of Sambhaji as you mentioned in another post.

Your mention of Prataprao left me thoughtful, so just wanted to check if there are any conflicting references related to this..

I have read about Prataprao - Kudatoji Gujar - as Prataprao was name given by Shivaji Maharaj to him - his daughter and Rajaram marriage. As far as I know it was Rajaram's first marriage.  

Now after reading your post I am also confused..I guess we need our expert to clarify this..Abhay please tell πŸ˜†

They have shown another wife of Rajaram here, so now Abhay can tell who was whose daughter! πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒπŸ₯±

As I remember Sambhaji Raje was the one who had recommended Hambirrao Mohite's name for Senapati..while some ministers had supported another name (need to look up the name).

filtered_chaos thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have a question to peole who have read about Bajirao.
Is there a lot to show about Bajirao's childhood except for the learning part?
Because I personally feel that right now the main focus is how Balaji Vishwanath becomes the Peshwa & Shahuji the Chattrapati. And Tarabai's resistance to them.
IMO these things are way more important than Bajirao's learnings.
Priyaadarshini thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: MaddyO

I have read about Prataprao - Kudatoji Gujar - as Prataprao was name given by Shivaji Maharaj to him - his daughter and Rajaram marriage. As far as I know it was Rajaram's first marriage.  

Now after reading your post I am also confused..I guess we need our expert to clarify this..Abhay please tell πŸ˜†

They have shown another wife of Rajaram here, so now Abhay can tell who was whose daughter! πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒπŸ₯±

As I remember Sambhaji Raje was the one who had recommended Hambirrao Mohite's name for Senapati..while some ministers had supported another name (need to look up the name).

Tarabai was daughter of hambir rao mohite, soyarabai's brother. And it was second marriage of ramraje (rajaram). Since his first wife had died whose name was janaki. I don't know much about her but she might be pratap rao's daughter. 
Despite being soyarabai's brother, hambir rao mohite was  biggest supporter of sambhaji raje. Which shows that,  he might have some imperfections ,  but sambhaji raje and was really brave warrior. The first marriage of rajaram took place when shivaji maharaj was alive, when sambhaji raje was absent as you said. But second marriage of rajaram and tarabai was arranged by sambhaji raje. Soyarabai who was highly ambitious ,poisoned sambhaji raje twice with help of some ministers. And they say ,after being arrested, she committed suicide. After her death , sambhaji raje and yesubai both raised rajaram like their own son ,who was ten or eleven years old that time.
Akanksha.
Edited by luvuyuvi - 7 years ago
Kalgi22 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I really liked the post of connecting real vs reel... Super! πŸ‘ 
sweet_diksha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: luvuyuvi

Tarabai was daughter of hambir rao mohite, soyarabai's brother. And it was second marriage of ramraje (rajaram). Since his first wife had died whose name was janaki. I don't know much about her but she might be pratap rao's daughter. 
Despite being soyarabai's brother, hambir rao mohite was  biggest supporter of sambhaji raje. Which shows that,  he might have some imperfections ,  but sambhaji raje and was really brave warrior. The first marriage of rajaram took place when shivaji maharaj was alive, when sambhaji raje was absent as you said. But second marriage of rajaram and tarabai was arranged by sambhaji raje. Soyarabai who was highly ambitious ,poisoned sambhaji raje twice with help of some ministers. And they say ,after being arrested, she committed suicide. After her death , sambhaji raje and yesubai both raised rajaram like their own son ,who was ten or eleven years old that time.
Akanksha.

right... Jankibai was rajaram's first wife, and Prataprao Gujar's daughter...she died childless...

Tarabai was Hambirrao Mohite's daughter and Soyrabai's niece...

Rajasbai , Rajaram's third wife was the one who captured Tarabai and her son Shivaraje and put them in jail...
history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Great discussion. Absolute delight to read the comments. Will respond in details asap. Just dropped in to make a short reply.

First,

Great to find you here Maddy. Long Long time. Almost 2 years. I knew, for sure, you would be here anytime. Good to see you as well as Diksha. :)

In fact, making this reply after reading your comments about the aversion to kids love story. ROFL.

Young Mastani is not going to enter, Maddy. That is an old article of November. At best, rumor. Even the child Kashibai had not started regular shoots till early last week, even though she was introduced in the press launch. For more details, you can watch the press launch video on Peshwa Bajirao's FB page where the makers have gone at length while explaining when they will introduce love story.

You can also read the article which appeared in the Indian Express last week. Just searched on Google and found it.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/television/sonys-peshwa-bajirao-will-go-beyond-love-story-of-bajirao-mastani-say-makers-4481916/

It says -  ' The brief given to us was a biopic so, like a biopic, the show will cover all aspects of Bajirao's life " the war and his personal life. We will show the "so-called love story" of Bajirao Mastani but it will be just a part of the bigger story that we have. The show is not a love saga. It is about all the aspects of Bajirao's life, of which the love story is one small part. We will treat it like that. '

And again, just now the creatives of the show also confirmed that they are going to show all aspects of Bajirao's life of which Mastani was an important but a small part.

In their words - "Mastani was only a small part of Bajirao's life, albeit important. His achievements were unparalleled and we will show all aspects."

Bottomline.
Mastani is not coming anytime soon. For Mastani to come, we need Raja Chatrasal Bundela too, and there is no news about his casting yet. Lot of people will withdraw if they turn this into a love story.

Second,

Diksha,

Saw your comment about the Shaniwarwaada on Harshu's thread. Here is an artistic impression of the Shanivarwada which i found last year. This has been drawn keeping in mind the literary sources of that time which explain how grand this 7 storeyed building appeared that time.

In fact, the Shaniwarwada of Bajirao Mastani movie looked similar to what i imagined after viewing these designs / pictures.
I have more pictures of the Shanivarwada which i have shared on my FB page, will post them here, too.

This one is not of a great quality. But gives an idea of the grandeur it once had.

It was made using pure Teak (pest resistant)- the best of the quality available, with best possible oiling done. This appears like the Panch Mahal of Fatehpur to some extent. Some parts was burnt in the 1830s and remaining were consumed by the "mysterious fires" during the reign of Britishers.

Lots of Maratha monuments disappeared like this. It is said these mysterious fires were 'properly planned ones' ; for systematic erase of the symbols / legacy of the previous rulers (Marathas) by the new masters (Brits).

Rucha21 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hello all...
I am new to this forum, but I am loving the reel vs real discussions here..

Thanks abhay...
Edited by Rucha21 - 7 years ago