Users

Frequent Posters

angelpureness thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
Prologue

20 years ago

Apollo hospital

Kamla Jhadav holds her one day old daughter tightly across her chest as she tries to get away from the asailants that are after her. Worry gnawing at her as she wonders if her husband is safe, sending a feverent prayer to God... please keep him safe... please keep him safe.

Walking along the path towards the servant quarters, his home, ten year old Ragav hears a loud shriek from behind his home as some one yells in pain. Running along the path towards the shrieks, his heart heavy, pleading silently, "I hope it is not dad... please let it not be dad."

He stops at the corner of his house, hiding behind the wall as he peeks... his father is on the ground, screaming in pain, his face bloody as his father's employer his him with a metal rod. Clenching his tiny fists, his anger, his frustrations with life simmering, he watches silently... Promising himself to avenge his father when he grows up.

Mahesh Kapoor glares angrily at his employee, Akash Singhania and says, "you better find her" as he throws the iron rod on to the ground, inches away from his wounded employee.

The trainee nurse stares at the baby in the arms of the VIP patient, Neetu Kapoor. Smiling politely she excuses herself and rushes to the nurse station. She pulls the head nurse aside and whispers urgently into her ears. "A baby!", the head nurse exclaims.

The doctor rushes through the corridor, turns towards the head nurse and says in a reprimanding voice, "what sort of carelessness is this. Why was there a baby in the room of a stillborn patient? Do we know whose baby it is?" The head nurse shakes her head in negation, "I don't know. I don't know why there is an unaccompanied baby in the ward." Stoping by the entrance of the ward, the doctor asks, "has Mrs. Kapoor been informed that she gave birth to a still born?" "No, not yet doctor," the head nurse replies.

Two days later, two nameless bodies were found washed up on the shores of Mumbai... one of a man... one of a woman.Edited by angelpureness - 7 years ago
angelpureness thumbnail
Chapter 1

20 years later

Neetu Kapoor walks bare feet in the garden, enjoying the softness of the grass under her feet as she waits for her husband, Mahesh and daughter, Kalpana, who is fondly called Kalpi by friends and family to come back from work.

Smiling fondly, she shakes her head, thinking, "how did I give birth to such a nerd. She just loves her lab and research... has definitely not taken after either of us."

Watching Ragav walk towards his home, which was several feet away from the main house in the same compound. She smiles proudly, calling out, "how was your day Mr. Hotshot prosecutor?"

Looking up, Ragav grins and replies cheekily, "it was good... but now it is even better."

Laughing, Neetu admonishes, "flirting with someone your mother's age... shame on you" then adds, "come, join me for some lemonade."

Stepping out of her car, Kalpi stares at the sight that greets her... Ragav leaning back on his seat... the top button of his shirt unbuttoned, his tie loosened and his shirt sleeves rolled up... a carefree grin etched on his face as he sips his lemonade.

Patting her racing heart,she says, "steady... steady", as she walks towards her mother and Ragav, wondering what her mother was saying to him that would change that forever frown to a smile.

Watching her daughter walk towards them, Neetu mentally shakes her head. Her daughter was an open book, never could she hide her feelings. "How was your day honey," she calls out.

Ragav watches with narrowed eyes as Kalpi struggles to hide her attraction for him and failing miserably. Several minutes pass... Ragav excuses himself and leaves. Neetu watches her daughter try to control her blush. Unable to resist teasing her, Neetu says, "somebody's in love." Startled by her mother, Kalpi asks anxiously, "who?"

Debating whether to continue feigning ignorance or not, Neetu asks, "when did you start liking him." Blushing even more deeply, Kalpi turns towards Ragav, watching his back as he disappears around his house, turns back to her mother and whispers, "Mum, how did you know?" Smiling, Neetu says in a confidential voices, "mothers always know." "Do you think he knows?", Kalpi asks anxiously.

Taking mercy on her daughter, Neetu replies, "no he doesn't." "Are you sure Mum? You knew?" Kalpi interrupts. Laughing aloud, wanting to erase the worry lines on her daughter's forehead, Neetu replies, "men are oblivious to such things. Unless you tell tell them directly, they will never be able to guess."

Dressed casually in a red tshirt and jeans, Ragav watches Mahesh Kapoor despondently as he updates him on the progress over Mittal Pharmaceuticals. Mahesh grins happily as he thinks, "one more competitor bites the dust." He asks, "what's the maximum sentence that he can get?" "Seven years," Ragav replies in a serious and somber tone.

Taking a slip of paper out his desk drawer, Mahesh says, "here is your next target." Unclenching his fist, Ragav nods, takes the piece of paper and leaves the study.

His gaze soft, filled with love, Ragav hugs Maya Jaiswal, his girlfriend and co worker of five years, tightly, saying, "I missed you so much... no more out of town assignments for you." Surprised, for Ragav was never really vocal with his affections, Maya asks, "what's the matter? What happened?" Shaking his head, as if to say nothing happened, Ragav gives her quick peck on her forehead as he hugs her tight, saying, "you make me feel human." Adding, "let's get married."Edited by angelpureness - 7 years ago
Hanz91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow another intriguing story and great start. I'm sure there is going to lots of drama, intense romance and suspense. I can't wait for the complete version of chapter 1 soon. When will you update the other stories.would love to see an update from scarred soon
angelpureness thumbnail
Chapter 2

Maya walks into Ragav's office, waving a wade of documents, a junior prosecutor, she asks, "how did you get these? Are you going after the Kapoors? Does your dad know?"

Looking up from his desk, Ragav says, "keep your voice down will you. Do you think that nobody from this office is on his payroll?"

Giving him a sheepish smile, Maya apologisies, then asks, "when are we going in?"

His gaze serious, Ragav replies, "soon. We shall start with one of his subsidiary companies, Alliance Chemicals."

Pouring tea for her husband and Akash Singhania, who was more family than friend, Neetu says, "Akash, we have been together for over 20 years. We have watched the kids grow up together."

Mahesh sits back silently, curious over where his wife was heading. Akash bobs his head up and down, already nervous over having tea with his employer, he says, "yes ma'am." And quickly sips the hot tea, scalding his tongue in the process.

Neetu not realizing the discomfort continues, "you and Ragav are like family. I think Ragav and Kalpi would make a good match. What do you think of their marriage?"

Akash put his cup of tea on the table, stares at Neetu and then Mahesh with panic as he waits for his employer to lash out. Not wanting to disappoint his wife, Mahesh says, "it is a good idea." Akash turns to his employer in surprise as relief pours in thinking excitedly of the good fortune that had bestowed down on him and his son... never could he have dreamt of such good fortune.

Akash paces to and fro across his living room floor, waiting up for his son, wanting to share the good news. Gleefully he mutters to himself, "the pain, the humiliation I suffered at his hands have not gone in vain. Soon my son will own all of this."

Mahesh looks at his wife with a frown as he prepares for bed, says, "I am not happy with your match making plans. What were you thinking to even suggest it?"

Meeting his gaze though the mirror as she applies a toner to her face, she smiles, saying, "don't look at him as Akash's son... look at him on his own right... a prosecutor for a son in law. Someone who can later take over the running of the business after you retire while your daughter hides away in the lab with her research."

Turning around to face him, Neetu adds, "and the most important reason is that your daughter loves him."

Ragav walks into his home exhausted. Seeing his dad asleep on the rocking chair, he stops midstride, frowning, thinking, "shit. Does dad know what I have planned?"

Hearing footsteps, Akash stirs awake... grinning as he sees Ragav. He stands up excitedly and says, "you won't believe the good fortunes God has set before us."

Relieved, Ragav smiles and says, "it couldn't wait until morning."

Unable to wait any longer to share the good news, Akash bursts out, "Mrs Kapoor wants you and Kalpi to get married. You are getting married. I am so happy. Isn't this amazing."

Frowning, Ragav says, "I don't want to marry her." Ragav gets up and walks towards his room.

"What! Why not?",his father asks, disappointment creeping in.

Ragav stops at the entrance of his room, replies without turning before walking into his room, "I love another and I intend to marry her."

With a silly grin on her face, Kalpi stares at the ceiling as she lies on her bed... sleep far far away... thinking, "Ragav and I are going to get married." Her mind replaying the conversation she had overhead when the elders were having tea earlier that evening.

Heading of to work, a servant stops Ragav, says, "Mr Kapoor would like to see you in his study." Nodding, Ragav gets out of his car, thinking, "does he know... no can't be, I have been very careful."

Seated behind his huge oak desk, Mahesh says, "have a look at the documents on the coffee table."

Confused, Ragav sits on the sofa and begins to look at the documents in front of him... the blood drains from his face, his heart pounding, trying to steady his trembling fingers as he takes a photograph...

"I expect the evidence the prosecutors have to be on my desk by the end of today. You will quit your job and join the business," Mahesh says in a deadly voice. Adding, "try anything and your father will spend the rest of his life behind bars."

Staring at the documents and pictures in front of him, Ragav's inner core is trembling as he thinks, "I know Dad has done a lot of shit for us to survive... but murder..."Edited by angelpureness - 7 years ago
naam11 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice start. Raghav father wants raghav and kalpana marriage. Now lets see what is raghav decision.
Please update other old story which are left incomplete. Please update hate me today, love me tomorrow
premap thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Good story line. With each chapter it gets more and more intriguing ! Definitely makes me confused as to where Kalpi and Maya are going to 'land up ' !!!! Please do continue soon.
DiVirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Waiting to read chapter 2, then I will give my response!!
kinnapatel thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
😊WONDERFUL story .please update soon .chappy 1 is  awesome but wating for raghav to understand kalpi's love .maya and raghav love each other .please update soon.
Hanz91 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow so both father and son are doing the revenge game. I'm so looking forward for the next chapter!!!! Will comment again when chapter 2 is complete