Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by: Tessaloni

Didi the weekend is over! 😡

😆
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hi All this is a quick chapter the forum is so dead these day and I don't want us to loose our second/third home 

In the living room Aarti with Vidhi's help served the coffee and snacks to the guests and elders they were still in shock because of the new discovery " Aarti betie come sit next to me" invited Sonia

Aarti looked at Yash who nodded his head then she went to her newly found buaji "I know you as just s shocked as us and have lots of questions one being where are your brothers?" Aarti just nodded yes Akash is a doctor a cardiac surgeon living in Canada he got married fourteen years ago and have a thirteen year old son and a nine year old daughter his wife is also a doctor. Aaman is in New York he got married to a white lady and they have two sons twelve and nine years and a three year old daughter; both your brothers only contact us through their wives on birthdays and holidays they have sent pictures of their family. Your brothers have never forgive us for their mother's death and taking you away from them. They remember that you were still a baby when your ma died and we took them to live with us but left you with your naniji and nanaji because bauji only wanted sons to carry forward our family's name; but your nanaji and nani could not continue to look after you and no one else wanted to keep you so they placed you in an orphanage you had just celebrated your first birthday."

Aarti asked "Being born a girl is such a crime that nobody wanted me?"

"Beta any explanation that I give you now will not change the facts; it will not bring back your childhood, your parents, and brothers back into your life but it may help you to understand our family's traditions better" answered her dadaji

He continued " We are old school as you modern generation will say the man is the head of the family sons are important because they carry forward the family's name. Men are considered to be physically stronger and mentally superior they provide for and protect the family through their physical power and mental prowess; while women are there to care for their man needs and maintain the respect of his home; it was considered their duty to give birth to son/sons and if she cannot do that they another woman would be married too and she would become the helper of the second or third wife and their children. Another important thing is class and caste people accept and marry within their class and caste all are arranged if a man falls in love with someone not of his social standing he will not marry her instead she will become his concubine this has been happening in our family for centuries it is difficult to change our beliefs. Your nana ji family have been servants to my family for generations. Your ma worked in our house from a very young age and she became friends with my children as time passed your papa fell in love with her; we in the family noticed and tried to put an end to the relationship but you papa was a determined man he got married to your ma and emotionally blackmail us. Him being the only son we decided that he can have her but she and her children will never be accepted by us into our home or family; he could finically provide for them but she must never try to become one of us or her children enter into our family's house with any claims for inheritance or family name. Your parents both agreed, and as time passed and my father said enough was enough Vickram must marry a girl of our social standing and have a legal heir. My bauji was friends with the Scindhias and he liked Maya very much she had the right blood and class. My son was against this he wanted his dadaji to accept Radha and your brothers but my bauji was so angry with Vickram that he had a heart attack and my maji and wife decided that they would use this to their advantage too forced him to marry Maya bahu. I was too angry with Vickram to see the pain and growing hate for us in his eyes because I blamed him for the sorrow our family was experiencing. My blindness and arrogance towards the pain in my son's eyes lead me into forcing him to follow our traditions and that was final; he had to marry his dadaji's choice and provide grandsons for the next generation. Vickram never accepted Maya and my ma and wife taunted her because she could not get him to touch her; the poor girl tried everything but Vickram was not interested. This lead to much arguing in our house hurtful things were said Vickram hated Maya blamed her for agreeing to marry him and causing so much problems in his life. Then we got the news that Radha was pregnant for the third time that was too much to handle and even my sick father and I began to taunt her after all she is woman brought into our family to deliver and heir and she was not doing what we wanted, we told her to use her beauty to trap him anything instead Vickram started to insult her he would physically push her away. Finally he moved out leaving us his family behind we all blamed Maya for the loss of our son then the accident happened and he died you were about two months old then. His death made my bauji accept your brothers but he refused to accept both you and your ma. Then your ma killed herself because of her grief your nanaji and naniji tried their best but with no help from the rest of their family they placed you in the orphanage."

Sonia continued "beta I and your bua Dolly checked in on the orphanage that you were in we give donations and had regular reports about your progress but when you started collage we lost contact. Beta even if we wanted to take you into our home/family our in laws would not of accepted that because they too are old school and if perchance you had lived with us your life would have been hell worse than that of a servant."

Aarti "Bua ji I understand about traditions and I had dealings with the Scindhia's relatives who still live in the villages many of whom still have not accepted me as Yash's wife or Ansh as his son we are forever looked down at as the step son and the poor divorcee who is lucky to have found a home as the second wife. Even though I have given birth to his two blood sons I am still not Aripta Yash's first wife who was of their class and caste whom was hand chosen to bring forth the next heir of this family"

Gayatri felt bad because she knew that was thrown for her.

Aarti continued "May I call you dadaji" at the old man's positive nod she continued "My sons and I are not interested in your wealth I agree that you should sell or divide among your daughters kids but yes I would love to get to know you and my children to know both their family's history and relatives. Bua ji if you have a contact for my brothers and my mother's family I will be happy to have it. The past is something we cannot change but we can try and make the future pleasant"

"Betie I am an old man if you can forgive me and allow your sons to get to know me I will be grateful I also want to know you, your husband and daughters come spend time with us at our family's ancestral home it is in the adjoining village from the Scindhias ancestral home"

Yash answered "Dadaji yes we will visit you when the kids have their holidays in few weeks' time. In the meantime if bauji will allow it you can stay here with us because I believe that the children would benefit from having you around Aarti too would learn some more things about her family's history her daadiji whom she resembles."

SP "yes uncle ji I agree you can spend the next few weeks with us then Yash and his family will accompany you to your village home. Sonia ji do you agree?"
Sonia "Yes I will bring him tomorrow and tell you his schedule he has his medication and special diet I hope it won't be much of a problem"

Aarti "Bua ji the elders here are also on special diet and medications it won't be a problem"

"Then it is settled you all can come for lunch tomorrow, and uncleji will stay with us" said SP

After the guests left Aarya went to check on their kids and found them sleeping on the makeshift bed in Ansh's room. Ansh woke up when he heard them approach "Mama I don't have to leave here do I Papa you won't allow that will you"

Yash answered "Anshu my champ you are my eldest child and I love you so very much nothing and no one will ever separate you from me do you hear me" and father and son hugged the other kids got up and moved towards their parents

Palak "Papa mama we are so worried that Ansh bhayia will be taken away from us"

"Never my princess" replied Aarti

"Mama are they really our relatives and bua daadiji is our daadiji" asked Aayu

"I am your step daadiji but yes you all can call me daadiji if you want" answered Maya

Aarya shared a look not surprised at all that buaji was there.

"Aarti beta I am your culprit I should of told you the truth years ago but you of all people knows me best how my mind works maybe I should have been your biological mother instead of Radha. What can I say that will make sense maybe deep down in my heart and brain I accepted you as my daughter that is why I kept my mouth shut, you know I love your kids yes even you Ansh I may not show it but I do love them, and I don't want them spending too much time with that family they will corrupt their young minds. Both you and Yash have paved the way in this family to accept both sons and daughters as equals you have taught them that all are equal; but those families like some in this family still do believe in class differences rich and poor. Men's work verses woman's work, men make all the decisions which the women are not allowed to disagree but blindly follow. They came here today and found you so they played to your sympathy but do not trust them, buaji's goal is to have your sons especially Ansh; since he can't have Akash's and Aaman's sons. Please don't be fooled by them"

"Buaji no one will take my son from me" said Yash "Don't worry we are giving him a chance to know Aarti and the kids so he will be spending a couple of weeks with us this will also give you time to get to know him and maybe accept his apology. After all he is an old man now who seems to genuinely want to change his way of thinking he is asking for a last chance I am sure he spent years regretting his behavior"    

"Buaji go and try to get some rest the next few weeks will be filled with adjustments for all of us" said Aarti

"Betas don't be fool by his age he is a very cunning man next thing he will ash is for Ansh's name to be changed to his he see his son in Ansh this is just my advice"

"Bua ji we will handle the situation you just be respectful to him and don't cause bauji any added stress or maybe you can take a trip a vacation with one of your friends" suggested Yash

"No beta that is not necessary" and she left to her room

"Papa mama come sleep with us. That new dadaji he is coming to stay with us? Why?" asked Aayan

"Because he wants to get to know us then we will spend the holidays with him at his home in a village" answered Yash

"But mama and Ansh bhayia won't stay there with him right papa" asked a worried Aayu

Payal "If mama stay I am staying with her"

"No one will be staying there my baby" answered Aarti "we will only spend the holidays there then it is back home for school for you my pets and work for papa and I "

The kids settled in with their parents the girls as usual hugging their mama and the boys with their papa.

The following morning SP and G3 room "G3 you said very little since yesterday is something bothering you?

"Ji Aarti bahu is Maya's step daughter her mother is the one responsible for all the pain and suffering Maya went through"

"No G3 my parents and Vickram's parents are to be blamed not Radha. If they had accepted her and her children Maya would not of been married into that family"

"But ji how can you say that Radha was a low caste not fit to be in that family"

"Are you trying to say that Aarti and her children don't belong here and now you have facts to support you claim to call her dirty blood; all through their marriage you never accept Aarti and Ansh" said a furious SP

"Her mother was a maid she comes from generations of low caste servants"

"Her father belongs to one of the wealthiest families in this part of India and he loved her mother very much that is more important than caste and class or have you not learned that in all your years!"

You are just saying so because you love Aarti as your daughter and you love Ansh"

"Yes I love them and I am very proud of them! Aarti is a beautiful, hard working, talented, kind. Loving, trustworthy girl she has supported this family never asking for anything in return always using her brain to help us out of a sticky situation whether it is in business or family matters. I told you years ago to stop your poor thinking that class and caste don't make a good human; have you conveniently forgot on how many times during her years of marriage to Yash how she helped him with his projects and pacified clients, also dealt with difficult business associates and their wives. Both you and Vidhi were clueless about how to handle those situations; plus she helped Paridhi out of her police case and still managed to maintain the reputation of this family. Of course I am proud of my bahu and yes I love her as my daughter. Now that we know who her family is that don't make a difference to me. My daughter and grandson will not leave this family or house is that understood G3"

"Ji when I married into this family all believed in class and caste that belief is what we praticed what we passed down to our children"

"Well thank god our sons have more common sense than us and don't practice that none sense. Thank god I did not waste money making them into modern thinking men through their foreign education"

"Ji how can you be so happy when the relatives find out abouth Aarti's birth mother there will be hell to pay"

"G3 don't be stupid do we live with our relatives do our lively hood depend upon them?? I don't care what they think or say they are small minded people and will forever remain so."

At the breakfast table

Maya "bhayia when bauji gets here I want to be the one to take care of him for the next few weeks as his bahu it is my duty."

"Buaji it is okay I will look after him" said Aarti

"Beta you have enough to do around the house and with the children plus you are helping Yash with the latest high profile event. It is no problem to me I will help Vidhi and Paridhi bahus and look after him besides how much attention would he need he might sleep most of the time"  

The kids left for school and the brothers along with Aarti to their jobs

G3 " Maya I want to ask you how could you not tell us that Aarti is your step daughter that she is the reason your marriage never worked out I now understand your hate for her when she first married Yash but you changed during the years. You accepted Ansh the same little boy you hated so much now you are willing to fight for them they are nobody the dirty blood I always said they are."

"Bhabhi don't say that about my daughter and grandson. Yes I admit I was angry and filled with hate for them that first year but Aarti is not to blame for my faith her parents loved each other they were married. What right do you I or anybody have to call anyone dirty blood just because they are poor. Radha was a kind descent woman she never disobeyed bauji order her family never tried to force Vickram into giving them wealth or status they continued to work earning a honest pay and tried their best to educate their children. Aarti grew up in an orphanage and look how much she had accomplished before she married Yash. For the last eleven years Aarti had stood proudly at Yash's side as his wife she has given him three sons so what if Ansh is not his blood he has adopted all of Yash's qualities and he has made us proud the world knows him as Ansh Yash Scindhia eldest child of Yash SP Scindhia. His nanaji was a good educated man Ansh has a lot of his qualities in him it was not Vickram fault for my poor pitiful existence our parents is at fault for forcing the marriage on us when they knew he was already married and had two sons. It is our backwards thinking that created the problem had they allowed Radha as their bahu and the kids to grow up with them you would not of thought twice about accepting Aarti as your bahu. Then there would have been no Ansh, Palak, and Payel."

G3 loved her Palak and Payel because they are Aripta's kids "Of course Palak and Payel would have been here because Aripta has always been my choice for Yash"

"Yes she was your choice but when Aarti and Yash would of met you would not of been able to stop them from falling in love and marrying G3 you cannot change destiny. Yash and Aarti are meant to be together not Yash and Aripta if that was the case then she would not off died after four years of marriage Yash would not of been so completely in love with Aarti even a blind person can see their love and devotion to each other." 

"Since when you are favoring that orphan you who have always find fault and never missed a chance to insult her"

"Yes it is true and I am not proud of my behavior; my only excuse is that I was jealous of her and Radha they both got the love of the man they love and the family they wanted. Bhabhi I am not that selfish and foolish not to recognize that Aarti is a wonderful girl and Ansh is a remarkable young man." 

Aarya at work " Yashu I can't get my mind off the fact that I have a biological family out there two brothers I am so excited to meet them"

"Honey bua ji kept the facts of your identity away from you, aren't you worried about that?"
"No I understand why she did that she was shocked, hurt and she lashed out the only way she know using hate as her weapon. Look Yashu she is a widow who did not get the chance for a second marriage and I came into your home as a young widow with a son not to mention we are a daily reminder of her troubled past marital life. I don't hold any grudge against her"

"Aarti my love you are an amazing woman I thank god every day for sending you into my life I love you so much more with each passing day"

"And I love you to my handsome hubby".

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Tessaloni thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Loved the update Didi! Thank you so much for bringing activity to this dead forum... I'm not feeling too well and won't do it justice but will try and edit soonest of soon!

Edited!

I really get irked by G3's stubborn hold on old beliefs! what does it matter what Aarti's background is? she gave her two grandsons seeing as she does not accept Ansh as one from her attitude. Maya went through a lot and I can understand her bitterness in the beginning but she ended up loving and accepting Aarti and her children and only want to accept them. The old guy and his daughter took a 360 degree turn from wanting Ansh and Aarti to accepting only a partial part in their lives. I would 
tread cautiously like Maya says, having lived with them, she knows them the best. 

Intrigued for more but someone is being lazy! ðŸ˜¡ ðŸ˜¡
Edited by Tessaloni - 7 years ago
sass8 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thank Sharl for saving our second/third home ðŸ˜›. its the year end so everyone must be busy with parties and family get together.

Edited

I am really loving what you are doing with this story, the relationship intricacy, the complexity of human emotion. Every point of view is valid whether we agree with it or not. Yes, I found dadaji & Sonia view narrow minded but then that the only way they know and its really difficult to change centuries of beliefs. I completely see this in some culture and that what make it exciting. I am edging toward cautiousness like Maya, can people really changed I doubt it... So I would also be careful around the new family; children mind can be so easily confused, but I trust in Yash and Aarti values and teachings to get them thru the upcoming getting to know the new family an probable issues. Of course, Aarti was going to want to know her background that is understandable; is she being too trusting only time will tell. I am eager to meet the brothers too and I get that they didn't want to have anything to do with their family, because it would have corrupted their children too not to mentionned how their mother was badly treated😲. As SP said time to leave this type of prejudice behind and embrace the change. I'll concede this one mercy act, in a way, Aarti lives was better because she got left in an orphanage, otherwise her life would have been H&%ll, worse than what she went through alone. Yes Maya has her faults and pain, but contrary to Gayatri😕, she was able to see the situation for what it was, set traditions against changing time and refusal to adapt, which has brought so many problems. Great chapter.😊

Edited by sass8 - 7 years ago
B-onesie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I was appalled with Aarti's family once again.  Checking up on her at an orphanage, was just not good enough.  And just because she was a girl.
I actually  understand that Aarti's brothers disassociated themselves so completely from the family.  
Imagine having your mother abused like that and now you have to accept those same people.  And what if Maya had a son, then would they still have accepted them? No they would still only have been the bas***d children of their son and  the maid.   So they turned their back on their family to the extent that the left the country.

I don't know how Rahda did it.  Accepted that her husband married someone else, even when they did not have much of a relationship, i still consider him a bit of a weakling.  He should of stood up for his wife and family.  He was responsible for ruining Maya's life as much as anyone.

This time I somehow trust Maya's views on Aart's family.  Why come and find her now all of a sudden.

And G3.  Really? After all these years, she still is only concerned about the opinions of bigotted people, but I suppose it is because she is one herself.  

I love Aarti and Yash's relationship, as well as with the children. Blood relation or no, there is total commitment to each other.

And Aarti is as forgiving as always,  And I am hoping for a PV for Maya again as it was based on your idea from Sass😆.  the old girl needs some happiness in her life.  

Great update.
Tessaloni thumbnail
Originally posted by: B-onesie

I was appalled with Aarti's family once again. Checking up on her at an orphanage, was just not good enough. And just because she was a girl.

I actually understand that Aarti's brothers disassociated themselves so completely from the family.
Imagine having your mother abused like that and now you have to accept those same people. And what if Maya had a son, then would they still have accepted them? No they would still only have been the bas***d children of their son and the maid. So they turned their back on their family to the extent that the left the country.

I don't know how Rahda did it. Accepted that her husband married someone else, even when they did not have much of a relationship, i still consider him a bit of a weakling. He should of stood up for his wife and family. He was responsible for ruining Maya's life as much as anyone.

This time I somehow trust Maya's views on Aart's family. Why come and find her now all of a sudden.

And G3. Really? After all these years, she still is only concerned about the opinions of bigotted people, but I suppose it is because she is one herself.

I love Aarti and Yash's relationship, as well as with the children. Blood relation or no, there is total commitment to each other.

And Aarti is as forgiving as always, And I am hoping for a PV for Maya again as it was based on your idea from Sass😆. the old girl needs some happiness in her life.

Great update.

the thought of Maya's PV crossed my mind too 🤣
B-onesie thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tessaloni

the thought of Maya's PV crossed my mind too 🤣

It's that great minds thing again😆
Tessaloni thumbnail
Originally posted by: B-onesie