Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melkor thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I wish Contiloe had never taken up the project.The cast was brilliant but they were definitely in the wrong hands.
Courageous_Leo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ---Andromeda---

I wish Contiloe had never taken up the project.The cast was brilliant but they were definitely in the wrong hands.

Sone ke chidiya ko kachre ka dibba bana diya Contiloe ne ...True I would have preferred some other PH...
Edited by Courageous_Leo - 7 years ago
Melkor thumbnail
Originally posted by: Courageous_Leo

Sone ke chidiya ko kachre ka dibba bana diya Contiloe ne ...True I would have preferred some other PH...

Sach main!!! You know there was some sort of a conflict between Swastik and Contiloe for making a show on Ashoka and Swastik gave in to Contiloe.
Now I really wish that Swastik had made Ashoka.Because even if they would have distorted it they wouldn't have made it a bore fest like Contiloe did.
Courageous_Leo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Sach main!!! You know there was some sort of a conflict between Swastik and Contiloe for making a show on Ashoka and Swastik gave in to Contiloe.

Now I really wish that Swastik had made Ashoka.Because even if they would have distorted it they wouldn't have made it a bore fest like Contiloe did.

But they would not have taken Sid...And that was big loss to the viewers...Other than the awesum actors, the show had nothing. esp in terms of story. But its really sad to see such a great show to become a joke. And that too a show in the name of Ashoka- one of the great emperors world has ever seen
Melkor thumbnail
Originally posted by: Courageous_Leo

But they would not have taken Sid...And that was big loss to the viewers...Other than the awesum actors, the show had nothing. esp in terms of story. But its really sad to see such a great show to become a joke. And that too a show in the name of Ashoka- one of the great emperors world has ever seen

Hmmm!! That's true.They wouldn't have taken Sid.Sid was truly the greatest asset to CAS just like Faisal was to MP.
To be honest I felt that the show never had a proper storyline nor proper direction.They should have stuck to the historical storyline rather than copying English shows.A few distortions would have been fine but the basis should remain intact.
Melkor thumbnail
And another thing which I don't like about the historicals nowadays is that the protagonist is always shown as the noble hero who is pitched against the big,bad world.Why is it necessary for them to be demigods?? Why can't they be shown as they really were?? As human beings.
Ashok was ambitious and ruthless.It's natural.He wanted to become the Samrat.What's wrong in it?? And due to all those battles he fought,he developed a bloodlust.That's why he was known as ChandAshok.Though I don't believe that he used to burn women alive for not liking him.

CAS never made Ashok to be realistic.They wanted him to be a hero I agree.But what's wrong in being grey shaded?? I don't think that anyone has a problem with a grey shaded protagonist nowadays.
MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
For me Ashok will always be Sid. Till the young Ashok I enjoyed the show. Sid's last episode as Ashok even then his anger and disappointment was the best thing about the show. The leap ruined everything. Honestly the leap supposed to bring freshness to the story. Show the real Ashok, the Samrat. But did the leap bring anything like that ? So better they never showed the leap. 
Melkor thumbnail
Originally posted by: MuguetDScorpion

For me Ashok will always be Sid. Till the young Ashok I enjoyed the show. Sid's last episode as Ashok even then his anger and disappointment was the best thing about the show. The leap ruined everything. Honestly the leap supposed to bring freshness to the story. Show the real Ashok, the Samrat. But did the leap bring anything like that ? So better they never showed the leap. 

Sid was truly the heart and soul of the show.His performance was phenomenal.
But when the leap came,I will blame the storyline and shoddy writing for it.As you said the leap was supposed to bring freshness but it never did.Ashok never became Chand and the rest was all Qwack,Qwack,Qwack
MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Sid was truly the heart and soul of the show.His performance was phenomenal.

But when the leap came,I will blame the storyline and shoddy writing for it.As you said the leap was supposed to bring freshness but it never did.Ashok never became Chand and the rest was all Qwack,Qwack,Qwack

It's not Mohit's fault but when it's already hard to accept someone else they should not mess with the storyline. They could maintain it but instead ruined it. 
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
I have another theory. 
There was not much info about Ashok's childhood yet they introduced it.I think they shouldn't have shown the child actors for way too long.May be they should have shown the leap after Bindusar accepted Dharma and Ashok and then they could have shown grown up ashok's struggles to become the king,palace politics,etc.

Teenage romance also would have been avoided

Fresh romance would have started between Ashvi and then Ashwaki 

Thirdly, viewers wouldn't have got used to the child actors.I mean the show lost lot of it's viewers because people were not ready to accept even mohit as ashok.There was one old member who came to EDT and she said she stopped watching after the leap because she was not ready to accept new actors.

I feel serial makers of historical shows shouldn't extend the child actors roles for more than 6 months.

I feel ekta has taken a good decision by planning the leap very soon in CN.Thankfully,she is not going to show young CGM and teenage romance between Chandra and Nandini for a long time.Trust me,this is going to benefit the show a lot as viewers are not going to get used to the young characters.

I wish CAS makers too should have done the same.They should have introduced Mohit much earlier in the show.The show would have been more interesting if the leap would have happened after Bindusar accepting Ashok as his son.