Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sukrutha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Sure...love to watch it on my tv...been watching for so many years now...Korean shows are short hence there is a lot of variety to be hosnest. Its just that you should look for the gem. From my observations good shows are not as popular...dont kill me i am a huge song jong ki fan since sungkyungwan scandal...and overall even DOTS is considered an ok show...or above average...not excellent or great. Just have to really get into it and look for good shows...polular shows mostly...are shallow and an easy watch kinda shows that's why they are popular and appeals a lot of people...there are exceptions of course...which are good and popular..go deeper and you will find gr8 shows...😊

Seariould wish zindagi airs kdramas soon...hope they dont dub it though...
Chahat_A_Doshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
DOTS

WHEN A MAN LOVES

HEIRS

BOYS OVER FLOWERS

FULL HOUSE

MY PRINCESS

GOONG

MANY MORE I HAVE BEEN BINGE WATCHING SINCE PAST 4months

Currently I am watching MLSHR

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: SaraFatma

Iv you are judgng turk shows on basis of feriha then its a big mistake as feriha wasnt that great a show. It was an ok youth show but not one of the greats from turkey. Because it was first turk show in india i can imagine why it clicked and people liked it but turk shows have much more to offer. They have a wide variety of scenarios from historical to crime to suspence and horror and each is unique and great to watch. 

Watch classics like:
Fatmagul (the biggest hit turk show globally)
Muhtesim yuzyil
Kara para ask
Bir gecer zaman ki
Merhamet
Bir bulut olsam
Aski memnu

The dialogues and stories and character development are fantastic in these shows. They are available in english subs and urdu dubbed too.

About pak and turk shows they are an acquired taste and needs adapting too to enjoy. K-shows are I find similar to infian content and hence easier to watch. In pak they did poorly as content was not too rich and viewers hav a darker mature pallete and love tragedies and rona dhona stories for prime time. So I can imagine why u dint like after a few eps. But if you like such shows u can try these shows out. 

ok point taken..Ill give fatmagul a try, wanted to do so, since I saw the teasers, but did not get around to watching it..

TBH I can watch anything/ any genre, if it grips me..and has something different than usual to offer..and Ive seen a lot of Pak shows, shows as diverse in content as Jackson Heights and Silvatein (Im probably one of the very few fans of this showπŸ˜†), Mere Humdum Mere dost, even Numm for that matter (yep a fan!πŸ˜†)..top my list..

Yeh mera was fantastic till it became a 3 wife drama..I kept up with the WU but was done with it once it was about multiple marriages, that just made me cringe ..:/

so its not really about liking only fluff and light content..in my case..
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Sukrutha

Sure...love to watch it on my tv...been watching for so many years now...Korean shows are short hence there is a lot of variety to be hosnest. Its just that you should look for the gem. From my observations good shows are not as popular...dont kill me i am a huge song jong ki fan since sungkyungwan scandal...and overall even DOTS is considered an ok show...or above average...not excellent or great. Just have to really get into it and look for good shows...polular shows mostly...are shallow and an easy watch kinda shows that's why they are popular and appeals a lot of people...there are exceptions of course...which are good and popular..go deeper and you will find gr8 shows...😊

Seariould wish zindagi airs kdramas soon...hope they dont dub it though...

sure, can you recommend some of the must watch shows, which may not necessarily be popular, but are really rich in content?

OtakuGirl-Debo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hi I posted my request on the FB page of Zindagi channel..please support me there..

https://www.facebook.com/ZeeZindagiTV/photos/a.228970673964964.1073741828.225241597671205/501511923377503/?type=3&comment_id=501549653373730&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D
Nooriey thumbnail
Done. I hope they show DOTS. I just love it
sonalisharma1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have seen Boys before flowers,playful kiss,the heirs,city hunter,personal taste. All are good 
s2397 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
i have watched boys over flowers,playfull kiss, personal taste, the heirs till now.
next i am going to watch city hunter and dots..
i would love k-dramas on zindagi.i watch it with eng sub but they will dub it in hindi which i don't want.any way lets try..
Sukrutha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

sure, can you recommend some of the must watch shows, which may not necessarily be popular, but are really rich in content?

Sure..😊
Will try and list some fromt the top of my head...
Signal
49 days
Its ok its love (psychological stuffπŸ€“)
Answer me 1997, 1994 and 1988 ( its a series...answe me 1997 was a sleeper hit..so they decided to make more which are answer me 1994 and 1988...tbh they have to watched with all the discussions and fights...damn...they had crazy fan wars...πŸ˜†writers played us so much..😭
Liar game( really underrated)
City Hunter ( saw some1 mention Lee Min Ho ...according  to me this is the best show he starred in)
6 flying dragons ( if you are ready for a historical 50 episode long show..watch it its great...not 1 episode is boring or dull...gr8 fighting scenes)
On the way to the airport ( its airing right now...has a mature content..and pretty cinematography
Dream High
I hear your voice
Drinking solo ( its airing on mondays right now...ppl are going crazy for the 2 moon shows now..πŸ˜† but this one takes the cake...realistic and a spice of life kind of a show...
King of Dramas...(Anthony...!!!watch it...you will get an idea as to how the k-drama world works in real life..its a drama based on making dramas
My girl friend is a gumiho (little on the fluffy side but its a great show)
Ojakkyo brother (its a 50 episode weekend drama...if you are ready for weekend dramas..qatch it...for me its the best weekend drama...)
You from the stars ( the story is ok...but its entertaining and the acteess is really good...it was really popular..mention cuz i dint see any1 mention it)
Kill me Heal me (if u can ignore the shouting s in 1st 4 episodes...its a gr8 show..dont give up becuz of that...πŸ˜† yoona is the best..πŸ€ͺ)
Heard it through the grapevine 
Tree with deep roots (its all about the creation of korean words...)
Queen in hyun's man...
Pheeew...πŸ˜† can think of only these for now...

Dramabeans thumbnail
Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

Since Pak dramas are more likely than not, not going to be telecast anymore on zindagi, should Zindagi consider buying Korean drama rights?

I finally bit the bait with Descendants of the Sun - my first Korean drama watch and boy I loved it! Such  a beautiful love story between a soldier and a doctor and packed with everything from friendship to love to patriotism to coming to terms despite differences in ideologies.  The chemistry between the leads was smashing too!

I have run away from the other K-POP stuff coz I thought it would be all bubblegum college romance/ love triangles, which I am not personally fond of.

Anybody Korean drama viewers here? need recommendations for different shows like DOTS.

Ive switched to k dramas entirely

This year theve come out with good dramas

Jealousy Incarnate 
Masters Sun 
Heart to Heart

Princess Jieyou (chinese drama)

Rookie Agent Rouge (chinese drama)

K2 
Cinderella and 4 knights

Shopping king louie

W 2 worlds (best one)

Go Princess Go (wacky comedy)