Do you believe in 'Pyaar Dosti Hai'?

clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Hey!

So, in line with the flavour of the season, I thought I would ask you guys if you believe in 'pyaar dosti hai'.

Do you think friendship is the basis for love?

Can platonic feelings and romantic feelings exist side by side?

Has this ever happened to you? Or is it something you can't visualize?

Is it inevitable that a friendship will die once love is established? 'Pyaar junoon hai and dosti sukoon hai'?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

clarity thumbnail
After watching the ADHM trailer, do you guys think this concept is dated?

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I dont know about pyaar dosti hai but I believe in friends with benefits.
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Clarity -  I don't believe in Pyaar dosti hai at all !!!
I have studied with mostly boys, hung around with them as one of the boys, still my besties are more boys and less girls.
We all do lot of harmless flirting, but it never gets anywhere. 

It never happens IRL. Your BF can become your friend, but your friend can't become your BF. 

clarity thumbnail
Originally posted by: Skybully

I dont know about pyaar dosti hai but I believe in friends with benefits.

Haan, toh lust dosti hai then? 😆
MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Yes I do. I've seen dosti change into pyaar too many times to not believe it. People start out as friends and fall in love. After that pyaar and dosti exist side by side. I've heard many people say...my wife/husband/BF/GF is my best friend. Hota hai.Edited by MithiBani - 7 years ago
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I hate this idea. Friendship is a very pure platonic relation and having romantic throughts for ur friend shows u a weak character. Someone who gets used to the comfort zone.

Love should be fierce,exciting, new .. it shouldnt be out of a comfort zone. It should be with someone who challanges you .. blows your mind .. someone who is NOT ur friend .. yes u can achieve a comfort level afterwards to be able to share everything but the first instinct with the love of ur life CANNOT be friendship!Edited by Fantasia. - 7 years ago
DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Nope. Pyaar Bewakoofi hai.
clarity thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

Clarity -  I don't believe in Pyaar dosti hai at all !!!

I have studied with mostly boys, hung around with them as one of the boys, still my besties are more boys and less girls.
We all do lot of harmless flirting, but it never gets anywhere. 

It never happens IRL. Your BF can become your friend, but your friend can't become your BF. 

@bold- Oho, what a line, RR. Kya baat boli hai.

Yes, I think some romantic chemistry has to be there for love to happen. What do you think of AyaZeh's dynamic?

So, you think there has to be some romantic chemistry beforehand, otherwise it's not happening, huh ?

I think Rahul-Anjali in KKHH were so forced, in this department. It was like they were different people in the two halves of the movie.
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I definitely think that dosti is a form of pyaar.. there cannot be dosti without any pyaar involved. But not all friends/best friends love each other in that romantic way. This whole 'pyaar dosti hai' is a very overrated concept.