Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Idiotboxer thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
CHAPTER 8 - The Truth Shall Make Us Free 

Next morning at the breakfast table Manohar took his son to task 
" What have you done Adarsh! ..What was the need to talk about the threat in the press.?  These people become more dangerous when they are cornered. They may accuse  you of lodging a false FIR in return for some material favours from the ngo . As far as I know there is no proof that Baweja made that call. "

"But there is enough proof that they orchestrated the attack. Abhay's friend Akash called me last night and he informed that they have found the truck and it belongs to some sister company of the Bawejas. Also there is enough pressure from the press and opposition to get the original reports out as soon as possible.This is a big election issue as the people of the slum and surrounding areas form a huge vote bank.Everything is now infront of the public. So my superiors would not pressurise me any more. "
Adarsh assured his father. 

"Don't worry Dad. They will not be able to trap Adarsh. It is now our turn to trap them. After all the truth is on our side. "
Swadheenta added. 

Just then Mr Ahuja entered. 
"Adarsh puttar, I have talked to Mr. Baweja. He has agreed to pay whatever fine will be asked of him. And he will also not bother you anymore. When I said I will cancel  all my investment in his company,  he offered me this alternative. Samdhan ji please ask Adarsh to withdraw the FIR. Them going behind the bars will not be good for my company also. "

"But Ahuja Saab FIR has already been registered. Now the police investigation is also pointing towards them. Now if he withdrew the FIR,  it would appear as if he has made some backdoor compromise. But you don't worry , the court case will not proceed as long as Bawejas are within their limits. If they are good to us we will be good to them. "
Suhasini said with a cunning smile. 

Ahuja understood. 
Suddenly the doorbell rang. Suhasini went and opened the door. The DNA reports have arrived. She went inside with it and announced that the results are positive and it was indeed Simmi 's baby. 
Everybody was relieved hearing this and looked at Simmi to see her reaction . For a moment she just sat there like a statue as if allowing the news to sink in. Then she got up and ran towards Manohar and Suhasini 's room. 
When everyone reached there they could not restrain their tears at the sight they beheld. Simmi was hugging the baby close to herself and showering it with innumerable kisses,  tears of joy running down her cheeks. She went on murmuring 
" I am sorry baby. I abandoned you when you needed me the most. I am such a bad mother. I will never leave you alone from now on "

Suhasini and Swadheenta went up to her. Swadheenta put her palm on her shoulder and said gently. 
"You are not a bad mother Simmi. No mother can be a bad mother. You were just having an illusion which is now cleared. You loved Abhay so much that you believed in his belief.. "

"...And may be Abhay was not wrong either. This one may turn out to be a tomboy "
Adarsh completed Swadheenta 's lines. 
Everyone laughed at this. Mr. Ahuja was also happy seeing his daughter happy. Since the proofs were here he had no reason to believe otherwise. Simmi carried the child to her room. As she left , Suhasini couldn't help but feel a slight pang of agony. 

" So what are we going to name her.? Now that it's a girl we cannot name her Aman. Else everyone is going to tease her at school.  "
Suhasini said. 

"Umm... Lemme see... Yes!!  What about "Amana "
Adarsh had a Eureka moment. 

" Adarsh.. We know you are very innovative but it doesn't work always. Does this name even mean anything? "
Suhasini  did not seem to have much faith in her son's innovative capacities. 

"Well it does mom. Not in our language though. It is a Biblical name which signifies faith, truth and integrity. "
Swadheenta came to her husband 's rescue. She was telling all this looking at her phone. 

Adarsh looked at his wife admiringly. She has obviously run a Google Search on the name. 
Everyone agreed that it was a beautiful name. Simmi kissed her forehead saying 
"Hope you always walk on the path of truth and integrity like your dad ."

"By the way mom, I am glad that you went ahead with the test. I thought about it again and realized that if there was the slightest bit possibility of  an exchange then Simmi 's child might have been in great danger. What if it was trafficked or they could have just used it in future to blackmail us or for ransom. It is good the truth is out."
Adarsh said when they were about to leave Simmi 's room 

"Why are you thinking about it now when it has been proved that the baby swap was just  a false assumption.! I had anyways ran a private investigation on the hospital. They have a total clean record" 
Suhasini said without looking him in the eye. She left the place hurriedly leaving Adarsh a bit perplexed. 

Edited by Idiotboxer - 7 years ago
Aimsha thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update dear really enjoyed it and it was really a good update 
Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aimsha

Thanks for the update dear really enjoyed it and it was really a good update 

You're welcome. You are always the first to comment. πŸ€—
Soapoperasrfun thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hey, I will be a little irregular these next few weeks because of an internet problem. But loved all the updates. Keep them coming πŸ˜ƒ
Sana_Jannat thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Finally happiness πŸ₯³
Innovative πŸ˜† Thanks to Swa πŸ˜‰
Last part ! πŸ˜• suhasini Knows something! Lets C..
πŸ€— For PM
chemgirl thumbnail
Awesome update. .loved it. ...Suhasini knows something. ...is Adarsh adopted or something? ??
chemgirl thumbnail
Simmi finally accepted her child...nice name Amana. ...so there was no child swap
Idiotboxer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Soapoperasrfun

Hey, I will be a little irregular these next few weeks because of an internet problem. But loved all the updates. Keep them coming πŸ˜ƒ

Oh.. I was also wondering where you were. I loved reading your comments . They are really helpful . Read it whenever you find convenient and do comment. πŸ˜Š
Idiotboxer thumbnail
@sana_jannat @chemgirl : Thanks for replying. πŸ˜³
Regarding Suhasini's behavior,  I was tempted to keep you guessing πŸ˜‰..but decided against it. Adarsh 's words just reminded her what she was about to do had the reports been negative. It was her guilt that made her react that way.. So relax, our Adarsh Baba is Suhasini 's khoon only. πŸ˜†
This chapter was kind of end of one phase of this story  . Another  begins from the next one . I had initially planned to write two separate FFs but ultimately combined them into one. Hope you guys enjoy  it . πŸ˜Š
Idiotboxer thumbnail
CHAPTER 9 - Master of the Game

Suhasini was sitting on the couch , lost in her thoughts, when Manohar entered. She was almost startled when he put on the lights. 

" Can I get a glass of whiskey please ." Saying this Manohar slumped on the couch opposite to her. 

Suhasini frowned ,"You have been drinking too much of late, this is not good for your health...What is the matter Manohar ? "

" You know about the judicial inquiry commission that has been investigating into the cover up of delhi blast . Well , they are going to call me next for interrogation. Minister Chaudhary has been pressurising me  to take up the maximum blame for it. Even if I don't , I am sure he will find some other way to save his back and implicate me...My career has been ruined, now I am afraid they will try to destroy our sons ..."
His voice trailed off.

"Nothing will happen to our sons, you don't worry about that"
Suhasini paused, then she narrowed her eyes and looked at him with that piercing gaze that had often  unsettled the most hardened of criminals ,
" Tell me one thing honestly Manohar, do you really wish to change the system that you have so long been a part of ? "
she asked.

" Suhasini , why do you forget that Abhay was my son too. I can't let his martyrdom go in vain. I would have given away everything that I have earned in my life to get my son back. Since that is not possible , the least I can do is try my level best to rectify the system that has failed him.
Manohar sounded earnest.

"Hmm..."
Suhasini got up and went to the balcony. Looking towards the street lamps at a distance she replied,
"You see Manohar, you have already been suspended for almost seven months now, and if you retain this job , you have barely 5 years of service left. What change can you bring in such a short time ? Earlier too , you have tried doing good work but were bogged down by the pressure of your political masters. This job is no more of any use..."

" What do  you mean Suhasini ?"
Manohar walked up to her .

"You will come to know very soon. I have some other plan for you that will help you fulfill your duty in a better way. ...Just you have to do what I say."
Suhasini said without divulging anything. 

" But what do we do about minister Chaudhary ? And that Allan Broad money laundering case , I am sure they are going to ask me if I took the bribe"
Manohar asked

"You will tell the committee only what I ask you to tell, nothing more , nothing less. And about minister Chaudhary ,there are many skeletons inside his closet that even you do not know of. I guess its time for some of them to tumble out..."
Suhasini smiled to herself.Then she took his hand into hers gently and said, 

" Just one more thing  , this is a very dangerous game that I am going to play. A lot will be be at stake...  we stand to win a lot as well as lose a lot. Therefore keep this in mind Manohar , if it ever happens that your ambitions get the better of you, then trust me, you won't find a worse enemy than your wife.
Suhasini hissed and pressed his hand with a steely firmness.

P.s. This Chapter is kind of a prelude to the next phase. Although there will be some connecting threads linking to the previous chapters.
I am sorry I could not incorporate Adarsh or Swadheenta into this chapter but don't worry they will have a big part in the upcoming ones. So stay on board , hopefully it will be an interesting journey😳