"a play within a play...

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

IKRS Monday 22nd August 2016 ep 334 My Take ~ "A play within a play"..

The title is a phrase quoted from Shakespeare's famous tragedy Hamlet, prince of Denmark .  Basically it's a literary device in which  a character  within a  narrative  narrates.  Hence it's a story within a story. Hamlet uses this very technique , although he  hires actors and resources  as a mouse trap to  catch the reactions of  the king. Viplav calls it a skit, a send-up! to  allure  Kamini  into speculating , his surprise for her is meant to  entertain her whilst paying her a tribute. But it ends up being a performance which is designed to catch her out!

The play within a play begins with a clear purpose of attaining an out of the horse's mouth confession from a shrewd and wily lawyer. Interestingly to me , the imagery in the  main, is festive with the lights out ,the set raised stage , a keen audience all  suggests a theatrical  ambience. Yet covertly  to me it speaks of a court room drama where  Kamini appears as  the accused, Viplav  as the accuser, and his whole family, as the jury cum accusers as well.Viplav fights his case against Kamini by the use of resources, like enacting with  Dhani and Vidha. Lighting , music ,dance and storytelling maintain Kamini's interest. Since the past few episodes story telling has been  used as a technique to give messages of past experiences in a bearable form to Vidha by  Dhani and Parshiya . Here the story narration within a story is used to shake Kamini into coming to terms that her subversive activities  are not concealed now  but fully exposed.

Let the play begin then! Viplav the lawyer transforms not only into an actor ,director, script writer, producer ! but also remains the disputed husband  of two women  Dhani and  Kamini both!. Act one , throws  Kamini,  Dhani in white  clearly a reminder of her arch foe's  low life past, Viplav in   casual wear.. their attraction towards  each other.. the entry of the third party  a woman! who seems familiar.. the  woman  wants Viplav, draws his attention she carries his child.. the woman and Viplav  marry .. just like she loves Viplav! the only way the  third party  can have Viplav is to trap  that dense ,gullible  Dhani , under  the gossamer web of her  deceitful words..  Kamini  recalls how she began, by  feigning to educate  Dhani.. empowered her,disgraced her, manipulated Viplav's against Dhani, banned  crucial communication between them and finally.. she attempted to take a pregnant  Dhani's life  by the  ashram  blast acts  and  eventually,  separated  Dhani from Viplav  all to gain Viplav her love! But then in the final act Kamini witnesses ,those whom the deities  protect none can exterminate! All her wisdom, wealth and power failed before the might of righteousness! The happy family  Viplav,  Dhani and their daughter  appear  on the stage! The penny drops with   Kamini,  the skit defies her comprehension! What is Viplav trying to show her via this performance ?? Well in my opinion the purpose of this  play within a play is to alert  Kamini  to the relationship  between show and authenticity! can she read in between the lines of a performance and reality? Viplav lets her know that   in a nut shell the scenes depicted  are her dangerous meddling misdeeds! .He further  clarifies,  the meaning of the performance as raising her awareness that  all of his family  now has  full  knowledge  of the  conspiracies she has been hatching.  As for him, he   blatantly accuses  Kamini of separating  him from Dhani  for the last five years! He mocks her ,she attempted  to divide him and   Dhani, when it didn't work she resorted to plotting and planning.. But as she can see for herself all her attempts have failed badly.. Viplav asks her the pivotal question, what did she  gain in  separating   Dhani and him?? well it's a naive question, as he should know it was and still is him she is after!  It's a pity that she manipulated  the simplistic goodness of both him and  Dhani. To me Viplav here  confesses here on behalf of  Dhani as well ,the folly of being over righteous, thus giving hard core criminals like Kamini to have their way ,in what so ever they desire!

Kamini is not one to give up easily Viplav, her obsessive object of desire. In her fury she targets his family as winding  Viplav against her..  Dashrant is in her firing range but Viplav  actually  protects his dada ji and turns on Tripurari's  confession in police custody where he clearly admits    Kamini's involvement in the ashram blast, the aim was to kill  Dhani who survives!  Kamini begins to lose the plot, and tires to throw back the blame on Tripurari ,with the intent to sort him out. But Viplav coldly reminds her he's  at  the station awaiting  his due, but now she needs to  worry about what  will come her way!  Kamini  can sense  she is trapped and appeals to Viplav's congeniality which she always manipulated..  for all the times she  supported him when  Dhani walked out of his life, will he now desert  her? she aims to emotionally black mail him! she reminds him it was   Dhani who walked out on him ,while she stood by him. Viplav  mocks her  cruel act of hiding   Dhani's letter  deliberately  to stop him from learning about  Dhani' pregnancy. He dangerously questions her sanity , her cold-bloodedness  of  emotionally unflinchingly setting of the bomb in the ashram!to have her hands smeared  with the  blood of innocent women..  what kind of a heartless  low life would  attempt to kill a women with child?

Thus begins the dialogue or the cross examination between two lawyers one prosecuting and the other defending.Viplav points out to Kamini. She ends up with nothing despite all her  heinous deeds.. she stands alone, defenceless. Kamini draws his attention to the fact that what so ever she did! it was to gain him and she needs naught as long as he is with her.  Kamini reckons now it's best to own up to her sins as she appears high and dry before all! Besides owning up to her transgressions and impressing upon Viplav it was all for him.. he just might  appeal to her past retrieval links with him? But its Dhani she continues to loathe with a venegeance ! so she shouts,  Dhani invited her own end because she was the obstacle  in her way from getting to Viplav!she admits with venom, how she tried to kill her ! that's why  she had no moral qualms  in killing her!  admits to having Parshiya attacked, so Viplav  gets blamed!and she gets him released! She wanted to raise herself in his eyes! Kamini pleads to Viplav he was a best fit with her not with Dhani! uneducated! coarse!  without social standing! She asks Viplav what did he ever see to love Dhani! and not her??  Viplav  looks down coldly in her face and  replies,  because   Dhani has not  even an ounce of  selfishness, besides she is not into taking  some one's life , like  Kamini does is into! Viplav announces  his love for  Dhani openly before all

But  Kamini still pleads her case, admits her selfishness stems from her passion for him.. her love for him for which she will stop at nothing! she confesses she drugged and kept Viplav so she could keep him like so.. she confesses to  writing letters to Dashrant and   Dhani both so that  Dhani could marry Parshiya. She  is mad enough to confess that it was her who  contaminated  the water with a dead lizard  that Vidha drank , with the intent to kill the child , and in turn kill  Dhani  too in the bearevment  of her child! From this point Viplav turns to violence against  a woman that  I personally condemned and treated this episode as one not  one for family viewing. Yes Kamini  is a wicked character  who needs all the punishment at hand. She is guilty of mass murders, and attempt to murders..but to me slapping Kamini violently repeatedly before all his family.. and viewers , to glorify  the hero bashing  a female  antagonist  is in  total bad taste. It gives off the chilling message it's alright to treat a woman /vamp in such a manner!  Viplav as the hero is shown to be justified in raising his hand upon a woman giving vent to his fury!..he thinks along with his family, Kamini the villain  deserves the violence..  I don't see it as justice. I see it  as a lawyer who respected women, lose it completely!! where is his  self discipline? his belief of not taking the law in one's own hands? Regardless, whether Kamini deserves a beating from him or not due to her crimes.. today Viplav  fell from grace in my eyes.. he took the law in his own hands! Cvs gave his hero image a negative smear!  What is  glaringly  seen on screen, is a man involved in a violent  repeated assault  upon a woman!  how far removed is  what is shown  from authenticity? It's not a case of willing suspension of disbelief  for the boys in our households ..

Dadi Bua reveals that Atharva is not Viplav's child but that  Kamini was already pregnant, nd she manipulated Viplav into believing  that it was his baby so  that he  marries her to fulfil his responsibility. Kamini admits all her crimes..power cut! police arrives! Viplav tells the inspector he has proof of kamini's confession.. Lights back on ..  Kamini escapes!  A man  rescues her.. he seems to know her ..

Generally the episode started off well but seeing  a man   slapping a woman time and again put me off and  I  only watched the episode in snippets  yes Dutta bashed Naku.. but he was a gangster not a lawyer!! ..watched precap.. hamlet23.8.16

precap: the hunt for  a man called Chandan, presumably   Kamini escapes with? Is on

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silverrmoon thumbnail
ResπŸ˜†
Such an apt n awesome title β­οΈ
Edited by pearl100 - 7 years ago
zajedno thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hamie ..   ⭐️                                                                                                                                                                                        I want to tell you a lot in connection with this post. the first is beautiful, but I'll have until tomorrow to answer. I do not have time. In the morning, first you get a nice story.
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7
Hello Hammie.
I was waiting for your take on yesterday's episode. It is wonderful. I loved the title..the description of the happinings..and your opinions about violence..I too don't agree with cvs on this. they think this will make Viplav a hero. but they ended up showing Kamini as a victim..and made us sympathy with her. 

I didn't watch the episode..just watched the skit and those OLVs which showed Kamini's shouting and going crazy. 

So Atharva is Kamini's real son. I am disappointed. coz such a woman doesn't deserve to be a mother. she says that she loves Viplap. but the truth is that if you are in love ..you can't do all those crimes which Kamini did. Kamini is heartless. she is obsessed by Viplav..that's all.

Now. I think that Kamini got Viplav drunk or drugged to accuse him of sleeping with her  . that's it. so till that moment Viplav thought that Atharva is his own son. he must be shocked to know the truth. I didn't watch the episode but I think cvs didn't pay attention to show how hurted was Viplav on knowing that Atharva isn't his son.

I'll wait for your take on today's episode coz I am tired ..I don't feel like watching this episode..knowing that Kamini will eat the screen space!πŸ˜” and there'll be no romance or good moments till the last episode.
NusiSg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ohhh Hamlet 53.. phrase frm ur fav novel hun..!!😳 its apt as always..!! Going with the core msg of some recent epis as u mentioned..!! Yea the start of epi was too good..!! ! Let's begin n how they unfold each n every sin she s commited was done well.. IG was doing good bt somewhr I was thinking was ths heavy dose of drama is needed at frst place kia..πŸ€” well IG was superb n so was Mishal. . I agree that Thappad was not at all needed.. bt these CVs..jaate jaate b they tainted my Viplov some more..!!😡 hadh hoty hai.. I kno Viplov was extremely furious n Mishal was doing it convincingly great.. wen suddenly that thappad frm nowhere jst happened.. if they want to dramatiza they cud hav use Dhani slapping kam..but these cv's. .πŸ˜• y they not gven Dhani some proper lines.. I'm observing since last few epis..everything done by Viplov y Dhani remain so silent.. that slap by Dhani wud hav not looked that bad in my pov.. bt by viplov it does seems disgusting. .actually there wer so many thappads yaar..😡
Khair let me talk about few good things abt epi... I jst loved that skit part.. MishSan in initial few min wer too good.. they can burn the floor fr sure..!!😳 n vidhu was too cute with those side buns..πŸ˜†
so ths Kam ka BF is helping her getting out of ths mess..🀒 ufff KamCha was unbearable cv's need to concentrate on ViDha at least fr last 3 epis..πŸ˜” khair Atharva kidnapping n some more drama is on our way so get ready..!!πŸ˜† abhi chhutti nahi hoe teri..!!πŸ˜†

ohhh Ham dun tell me u dun kno Ranveer Ahuja..!!!???!!!😲 the most sauve exquisite dashing character ever played on tv by Mishal fr most of us here.. wait I'll gve u the link once I find it..πŸ˜›
Till then I want to thank u frm the bottom of my heart fr constantly gven us deepest perspective of Ishq dear Hammie..😳 Love U...!!Edited by NusiSg - 7 years ago
zajedno thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
they love. as long as it reaches the limits of love and which grew into an obsession. Love should be exalted feeling. and not something that destroys all around. Love is the sensibility that you feel and that you seem somehow softer person, more subtle. Love should be delineated with opsession. and the desire to possess. so vote for someone that you are willing to kill to keep him with you is on the verge of madness and it can go over into madness. sick love is a love that destroys all around. The Kamini is the epitome of a person who is sick in love with Viplav and her love turns into madness. parallel love Danh and Kaminis. what is the difference. both love and both are different in their love. Danh likes the sensibility of a woman who knows that is loved and to love and fKamini with a sick fantasy that if you destroy everything around Viplav be just her. force someone to love you think that no one had ever done. in our crazy fantasies attempting to destroy the only thing that separates it from Viplav and this is his Danhi and vidha. keep someone at his side and tie it to yourself with lies and fraud is something that in my wildest dreams and no one failed. lie that bears his child is so low that you wonder whether Viplav has ever doubted the veracity of these claims. means that at one time he ever doubted himself when he examined whether the atharav his son. If you are sure of yourself and in your moral actions that then you do not you doubt the claim that you can not sleep with another person. acknowledgment that someone is able to kill your child and your wife is something that in itself is the trigger. trigger emotions of anger, frustration, hatred, pain, destruction, all at the moment of a man walking in the head. Viplav hit KAMINI to hit but the man who lived with a person who has destroyed his life in the previous five years and that the cold says that she wanted to kill his child and to kidnap his order to him kept by my side I think deserves much more than kick. Perhaps he should not have it as a man to hit or DanhI who watched the show could it and should have it to do so. for God's sake, woman, she was trying twice to kill your child. wake up, react, they stand like a statue, never for violence but sometimes in life should show the teeth. all stand and observe a madwoman, AND ALL LIKE A gasp and they themselves were part of lunatic farce. what would have happened if he had not revealed all. then there would be no DanhI not vidha because it Kamini find a way to be solved. say once in your life should tread all in front of you to come to the finish line. but we should not leave the corpses behind. they are those poor women in the Ashram guilty of Dhani lived with them. why blame Vidha. It is the fruit of love Danh and Viplav and that is something that no Kamini. no more no Viplav and can no longer not to keep him at his side. the only one to blame for all this is Viplav. he lived with a blindfold. as long as you're desensitized to life should observe things around. if you are able to meet the truth after five long years and then you'll know that not all what it seems. and a madwoman can anyone likes. overlook such things happen. ormadwomen find again a puppet with which it can be played. again pulling the strings. I think it's enough.Self-control is something that one can achieve but it is also something that one LOSS when you find out some things. No one in real life can not say that he always had self-control. Find out that someone WANTS DEATH CHILD IS ENOUGH a man lose his temper. Edited by zajedno - 7 years ago
simpleAnna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hammie hammie hammie,
Play within a play,brilliant title for d epi.
Hamlet53 n ger fascination for d character, one of d greatest tragedy of literature,clearly evident I want to read painful rapture how can someone use one line from Shakespeare for a title , would love to know.
I loved ur storytelling.finally kamini got exposed,it took so long,I still remember her expression while she looked at viplab dhani.ishita gangulI made us hate this character so much, she is a good actress.
One of d best thing about writing is,u can change someone's view about things,or give light to unnoticed things.
I too agree with u,they shouldn't have shown a lawyer slapping his wife.tele is a strong media it can send wrong msg to d society.
Already started missing ur take,as I feel u r in a hurry to close.
Why so?
Adat agar mujhe hain, to adat apko bhi hoga, n how do u think u wont miss writing everyday?Edited by simple2joy - 7 years ago
simpleAnna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
ye hain ranvir ahuja πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

nuspa ham aur baarbs ko dutta se fursat mile to hi jane dusro  ko.
Magnolia2 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Hi Hammie😊
I marvel at your  ability to always give a brilliant title to a wonderful writeup!
I  liked the episode for  the technique that viplav used to catch Kamini out ...the play or skit  was presented so  cleverly that we got to see  transformation of a Kamini smug in her knowledge that Viplav was now her's to a raging woman almost on the verge of insanity I was mighty impressed by Ishita's acting...maybe looked a trifle dramatic to some but it had the perfect impact for me!
 I just loved the way you likened this confession of crime  to a court room scene. Now that I think of it , it really looks like one- with Kam the accused , Viplav the lawyer and the the Tripathi khandaan as the jury!
 And  Vips hitting Kamini repeatedly , however great a criminal was not palatable. Not gentleman like behaviour which you would expect a  controlled and mature Viplav to have at all! I agree wth you totally on this. Actually I've noticed that in this show slaps are dealt out too freely!

Hope we get a good ending. Will miss you,your brilliant takes and everyone here. Take care dear. Love and wishes always😊

NusiSg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: simple2joy

ye hain ranvir ahuja πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

nuspa ham aur baarbs ko dutta se fursat mile to hi jane dusro  ko.

☺️ hayye,,, marr gaee mai,,, iss epi mai Viplov ne variety show ki,, Ranveer ka suit,, Chhalla ka style or Datta ki maar peet,, slap pe slap,,πŸ˜† memories refresh kar di saari...🀣