As harmless as a house lizard!

Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

IKRS Friday 12th August 2016 ep 325 My Take ~  As harmless as the house lizard

The truth about  a house lizard is that it lives amongst humans , shows up in warm climates, is completely soundless and is  terribly eye catching  with its elongated  finely scaled body with bold staring eyes with lids. We cringe   when we catch sight of this four legged reptile! But the truth is that we are not half afraid of this harmless creature as we are of a snake! part of its family..most species of lizard are good climbers , failing which they  are great at sprinting! Which enables them to escape danger in a flash! They have a great sense of anchoring into solid material ,it is said that  criminals  break into houses using  its sense of navigation, to help them climb through  right up into a house. Since  lizards are reptiles  they are cold blooded.. and are active at night ,during the day they bask in the sunshine to warm themselves, recharge their  batteries and  thus  hunt at night! Its sight is crucial for it  to locate its prey and also as a means  of communication .its well tuned eyes have highly acute  colour vision and rely on use of  body language, specific   postures ,gestures movements to define its territory  ,resolve disputes , and entice mates..but the main  feature  why we tolerate  it around  is because  its harmless to humans ... this reference point is  towards  the  main  antagonist  Kamini  who features  boldly in the episode. Since  the mention of lizard in the  episodes my mind has veered use it  as a symbol  for  Kamini..  even while  reading the references to the subcon reptile  of a snake..i found   many characteristic similarities between  Kamini and a lizard.. the reference  that through a lizard's orienteering  a robber breaks into a house ,reminds me  of how she  helps Tripurari  achieve  his rights  in the Tirpathi  household..        

Parshiya  had spotted the furtive presence of a lizard   in one of the photographs. He acts swiftly without wasting time, and following morning races down to the photographer. As it is  ,its bad enough  at their function Vidha  gets  hospitalized. Thus starts the symbolic  zooming into the situation  of exposing the .. so to speak harmless lizard Kamini ,least suspected. What his eyes noted is confirmed and obviously he shows  the shocking findings to  Dhani.  Dhani  suddenly  goes into complete idiotic denial  to the fact that  Kamini  wishes to harm  Vidha? As she believes lizards are such harmless creatures , out of one's way! totally unobtrusive! It is  rather alarmingly to note  that despite  a catalogue of shady  acts  Kamini carried out against  her , Dhani  fails to see any co-relation between  Kamini s presence at the engagement ceremony and Vidha falling ill.. then rather vacantly she mentions Viplav taking out a dead  lizard  from the water dispenser. Parshiya is brave enough to accuse   Kamini! now he knows how the dead lizard got into  water  dispenser!        

So much for the good life!   Kamini the lizard certainly  to me   appears   like one!  Hair crimped to resemble   the scales of a  lizard's body.. She wears black see through  dress with lace sleeves giving  her   covered body a somewhat  bumpy texture like a lizard's scales . Like the lizard comes out during the day to warm  its cold blooded body  and hunts at night..  Kamini too  puts on one face publicly while  privately she has  another  face.  Shelauds herself, cackles like a witch! as she recalls  Vidha  having  hiccups ,Viplav  offering to get water for her , her refusal   and Kamini's  lethal  idea of  spotting a  sprinting lizard , smashing  it to death by a stone and before any one discovered ! popping it in water filter! Vidha drinking the water and passing out! Now overall she drinks to celebrates as she awaits Vidha  being    eventually  snuffed ,  distraught  Dhani too follows! Only thenViplav will  driven  back into  her arms. To me  it's her madness that  surfaces  up by each of kamini's  wicked deeds , possessing Viplav is like a venom that  spreads through her body ,where will her it  all end for her? Before she gets the antidote  for the  poison of her one sided love of Viplav? At this point  I cannot help  but compare this reptile's  love with that  to Parshiya's ,   one sided love of Dhani. His unconditional  love  acts as a strength  for both him and Dhani  while kamini's dangerous  delusion   of loving Viplav  goes on a destructive  rampage for her and all others connected  to Viplav. Mind you, with over righteous  ,unsuspecting  fools like Dhani  around , Kamini  will continue  to pursue  her evil plans to gain Viplav. But have to give credit to Parshiya  for at least raising awareness in Dhani that Kamini   may harm Vidha..  pity  Dhani dismisses the thought of Kamini seeking some  vendetta from her  innocent daughter Vidha is too far-fetched  a notion!   

Dhani's mind set of do good to others and they will  do you no harm!is exactly  what gives the likes of Kamini   a series of successes in their heinous plans. In her hotel room  she is drunk with  a sense of victory ..  many facts seem right to her, Viplav is her family ,  this mother and daughter duo   are  two thorns in her side. Not even the fire destroyed Dhani.. now for her  own family life  Kamini  justifies   her revenge   against Dhani .. both the mother  and her daughter must die! concludes the cold blooded  lizard  Kamini ,and what's more is, no one can catch her at  her game.. she    sprints away and   hood winks danger  like the house lizard itself!!! The thought of isolating Viplav from all his support systems,  deludes Kamini into a totally misread psychosis that Viplav loves her! and  his return to her will make all her dreams come true..  what madness! but Kamini's love for Viplav  has never been yet  explored.. is there a purpose behind  her love? or is it just a mania or fixation??

On the other hand Dhani's   fixed  hardlined   sanity  of giving complete  benefit of doubt  to stark evil  staring her in the face ..begins to give way  and  she almost considers showing  Viplav Kamini's true  colors. But Parshiya  is realistic , he tells her Viplav  will not  hold Kamini  responsible , she is  the mother of his child , besides he is likely to say photos can  easily be morphed!  and if by chance Kamini  does get arrested  Viplav  being a lawyer will secure   her  release..  so Parshiya who was known to be rash .. now acts as  Dhani's, supportive   realist  friend,as he suggests they look for hard core evidence against Kamini the sort that is sufficient to  zoom into her  true colors..finally when it comes to her child, Dhani invokes Bappa's help and vows  if Kamini is involved then   she Dhani , will deal with her conspiracy!  She needs to talk to  Viplav.. to me this is the highlight of the episode..

I would call this meeting between Viplav and Dhani based on a premise of temporary measures.. it Spells out a something  in  place for a limited  period only , thus  subject  to being deleted. It is also sorting out a problem on a short term basis just to overcome an immediate crisis. What comes to mind in particular is  Viplav and  Dhani's recent  interactions. When it came to Vidha's condition they joined forces to a certain  degree  and things appeared to be chugging along. But the writing  on the wall is blatant . This  couple who were seen as being close. Close enough to battle odds and marry! still need to  sort out their grievances . Even after being hurled before each other by fate, there still  remains a distance between them. Many issues fester  in their defunct relationship. The greatest one is not bothering to  listen to each other , having snippet conversations based on presumptions ,suppositions  and assumptions.  Leaving real issues unresolved  between themselves.  Yet when it comes to their child's illness   they both decide  to act  in accordance with full decorum .but  really and truly  it's all contrived and fleeting politeness between all three of them Viplav , Dhani and Parshiya..

The  hospital waiting room dialogue  starts politely..but Viplav  is clear about what he suspects and what he plans to do about it.. basically with due respect to her , consistently incidents  have happened in Vidha's life  where her  welfare   appears  at risk  to him.. and he in many words holds Dhani responsible.. for it.. thus he has filed for  his daughters custody! Dhani is stunned into silence by Viplav's callousness , she yells he doesn't  trust her..that word  provokes a bitter answer from him.. its she who lacks trust in him !  when the cracker incident happened she suspected him.!  Dhani admits her mistake but yells in her defense that Kamini   is behind all this.. lizard incident .. how right Parshiya was   Viplav dismisses this  as poppycock! And  argues what proof does she have and what reason would Kamini have to harm Vidha?  she may have come , for him! so the bottom line for Viplav  is to fight for  his daughters custody. A devastated Dhani   shouts she would never  give up her daughter to him and his murderer wife Kamini! and he cant  make her... Viplav mocks ,he won't  it's the court who will make it happen! and he stalks off!.. complete communication breakdown ,between them..because the issues between them  were never given  a chance  to be ironed out.. Dhani concludes.. Viplav and Dhani sing from the same song sheet..

Blood is thicker than water. try as one may it  still  manages to match and mix with its kind..yes Viplav had said, never to have anything to do with Dashrant  and the rest of his  family! But then he allows his elbow to be bent  into seeking a meeting over a cuppa tea with his dadaji.. his previous meeting with his Dhani had reached a stalemate.. let's hope  Bappa  himself intervenes in this  meeting and  restores both Viplav and Dashrant 's visions. Dashrant   begins his penance  before Viplav ,by  showing remorse for marrying Durga and for naming Tripurari as his  heir.. Viplav  brushes it aside..as it was learning about  tripurari's   truth that threw him more than anything else in the world.. Dashrant  tells  Viplav his mother and  dadi cry for him.. where did he suddenly disappear  without any intimation.. the family had no choice but to believe whatever Kamini told them..Viplav begins to stir and reveals much to Dashrant's surprise, funny, but he was being looked after  Kamini!  Dashrant in turn refers to the letter  Kamini gave them where Viplav  states to the family he was leaving.. Dashrant  shows him  the letter ..viplav  simultaneously  recalls Dhani too referring to a letter he had written..? Viplav denies point blank  to writing the letter..it is not his handwriting.. Dashrant  too is baffled.. then who did write it?? the penny does drop for Viplav..dhani   accusing  Kamini  of poisoning  Vidha.. what if  its true???  He has to talk to Dhani...

IG.. rules the episode.. her madness  as Kamini.. comes out strongly. Dhani and Viplav  fall out, its like they both are getting back at each other.. does Viplav really   query Dhani's conduct of care  for Vidha? or is he merely  getting back at her for   rejecting  his plea of  playing happy families with her?? it seems one person who creates  all the complications  is Kamini..and she does it with such panache..  appears  harmless.. hamlet53 13.8.16

precap:   Viplav  finds Dhani with the wrong person , at the  wrong  time doing the  wrong thing..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simpleAnna thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hammie hammie hammie hammie hammie hammie,
What a brilliant title n a brilliant start of d take.
LIZARD , fantastic really.can't express how much I have liked it.I love ur style hammie.how u started with d tiny little reptile that remains unnoticed in household , silently notices everything n waits for its prey to get trapped, lethal when it spreads its poison in water , pollutes life... kamini d reptile , who changes its color from time to time n attracts her prey , her color is soon to b exposed.
Unable to watch ishq.feel so bad.could watch few episode n loving d chemistry between d leads, itni si baat hain Hume tumse pyar hain, amazing.they somewhere showing sparks n ss getting better as dhani, no more irritated by her expressions.but they didn't get much time for d new pair for ikrs2.
Thanks for writing hammie.
U give people a lot of pleasure through ur words.nusipa sending u Urdu shayeris I wish I could share amazing Bengali poems , my comments could get better.Edited by simple2joy - 7 years ago
zajedno thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
There is something in sports what is called fair play. here there is not. they both play by the rules of marriage and that they abide by these rules none of this would have happened. 5 years ago fearing for the life of their unborn child Danh consciously renounced the love he felt towards Viplav to save her child. like a lioness fought the previous 5 years and that no-one ever thought vidha the girl who needs a father. not fair game, after 5 years Viplav learned to have a child. and searches for an answer. Again not a fair fight. She avoids answering and laze by consciously. when he came tenutak to continue again odrececi conscious of his love for Vidhu comes to the fateful moment. vidha is poisoned. the only person who is able to help at first refuses to listen Danh and not knowing what was going on. when they learned it would turn the whole world headlong only to save her child. give blood and steam only for it to be good. is nothing more important to the health of her child herself. reversal of roles. Now he fearing for her life done something that he knows is not fair and square by Danh but there is no other way out. seeking custody of Vidhi. He is the one who can provide beautiful and comfortable life. but he was not aware of the danger that carries the decision. and is not aware of how much harm not only Danh but i will not be able vidha without his mother. but most importantly accidents happen. nobody's perfect parent. children no matter how hard you try to protect them there will always be someone to hurt them, or physically or mentally. Fair game is the only game that is allowed when it comes to children.
NusiSg thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
waah waah!! once again u nailed it with the perfect title n a fantastico take dear Hamlet53!!! 😳

ohh jst wow dear ur interpretation of Kamini as lizard is marvelous dear,,, how is it possible to hit the perfect core message n come up with jst the perfect interpretation n symbolism everytime fr every episode,, I'm in an awww of ths sheer brilliance of urs,, u ve even included the texture of her hair in ths interpretation,,⭐️ jst wow!!
ur wish of kam end up in pagal khana wud be granted by cvs it seems,,!! the way Kam hysterically celebrating her unseen victory was onli pointing to that,,!!πŸ˜› n yea u right dear IG was superb there,,, she was convincing n I was hating her to the core,,😳

ohhh yea the self righteousness ka bhoot of Dhani was once again she tried to show us n to frustrate us more bt thnx to Par we hav been saved of the torture thankfully...πŸ˜›

Dhani n Viplov now again on a logger head fr Vidha's custody,,, faaltu ka issue to argue,,!! bt I jst loved that bickering though it does ends bitterly bt at least they are interacting,,πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

though I do agree to u they not gven thm the bst of the scenes together now n I do believe MishSan can create magical chemistry bt even CVs taking care the emotions of ardent fans of Ishq I guess,, n majority of us dun appreciate their scenes,, though I'm the odd one out!!😳

thnk God Viplov decided to listen to DT finally n his dmagh ki batti jal gaee,, werna I was hating the fact he was continuously supporting witch like an idiot..!!🀒
I can onli hope jaaate jaate they will show us some intelligent Vakeel Babu shades of Viplov,, at least now we deserve a bit of happiness,,πŸ˜› BTW in precap he was gvng us hint of Sherlock Tripathi indeed,,,!!πŸ˜› someone gven him ths name on twitter n I jst loved that,,πŸ˜ƒ

Hammie Happy Independence day to u too!! celebrations here r at its peak,,πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜† jst loving it!!😳
yea n  I do hope,,
"khuda  kare k mere arz e pak par utre who fasl e Gul,,
jise andesha e zawaal naa ho!!"

I do hope tujhe thori bht Urdu poetry b samjh aaty ho..😳
thnx dear n ill chipkofy u till the vry end,,dun worry,, I wont leave my angels asaani se,,!!😳 luv U!!❀️
Edited by NusiSg - 7 years ago
pearl82 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Beautiful take hammie...loved your comparisons between kam and lizardπŸ‘.  Thanks for writing😊
awida thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 7
Hello Hammie. 
Thank you for writing this beautiful take on Friday's episode. I loved the comparison you made between Kamini and the lizard. In fact I was wondering for a long time why is Kam made to wear those strange cloths..always dark and skin showing. you made the whole character now looks in place..and the way positive characters deal with her more acceptible. I used to think of them as foolish ppl. but now I see how they think she is harmless.

And I am sure IG did full  justic to the role ..I have full faith in her. I watched her in Shastri Sisters. she is a good actress ..she did some Bengali shows before.

Coming to Viplav/Dhani face off. This would be a gr8 one if showed earlier. when Dhani first doubted that Vidha is his blood and Dhani denied him the truth.. at that point of time I thaught maybe Viplav will go to court for DNA test..to prove that he is Vidha's father. I know this may look pathetic.πŸ˜† but this happens in Indian shows and it works. such high voltage dramas and horrible heroes do wonders in TRPs. but our gentleman Viplav..who kept trying to get back his family by showering love on them..this doesn't work.. 

Now I am in disbelieve..😲 Is this our Viplav? Is this a way to show Dhani that she is a careless woman..after she spent 5 yrs rising Vidha to become such a sweet and clever girl? Is this his way to thank her? I felt very disappointed..coz even if he wanted to punish her for all the pain she caused him. that wasn't the time or place to start fighting over Vidha's custody. 

Alhamdulillah ..The show is ending and cvs don't have a time to torture us more or make our hero looks like an alien.  Truth came out ..now Viplav started believing Dhani .. I am sure he'll apologize next.

I didn't watch this episode , but watched yesterday's episode and I am happy that Viplav , Dhani and Parashiya made it clear that uniting the family is a must. Kamini's exposer comes next.
bunny_LeoLan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Bhau, what an awesome takeπŸ‘.. Comparing kamini with a house lizard, hammie ur introduction is great.. U always write so so well.. 
Hmm u r right IG was perfect in the portrayal of kamini, the vamp.. She is an experienced actress and I like her actings.. U said it right, both kamini and parshiya's love are one sided.. but then just look at the hell and heaven difference between their characters.  One is ready to stoop this low to take the life of viplav's five year old kid to win his love and the other's conditional love is ready to sacrifice his own happiness for the happiness of the one he loves ... The episode was good and ur take is brilliant dear..

Baji ka mood aj ekdam jhakasss haiπŸ˜†.. Saw the lastest OLV where Vidha reunites.. One hug says it all.. The video was beaauutifull.. I am eagerly waiting for the actual scene in the episode.. But I am wondering can any reunion moment beat the eternal reunion in front of the mandir?? she runs and runs and runs and crushes against the broad chest of her beloved, where he was waiting for her with open arms.. "tujhe dekhne ke liye mujhe ankhon ki zaroorat nahin hai".. Oh how I had love their reunion.. 
I love sanjeeda and mishal.. And I am sure viplav-dhani's reunion moment is going to be very beautiful, romantic and lovely..
Ok bhau, we will meet again in ur next take.. Till then keep smiling..
Silverrmoon thumbnail

Ham πŸ€—Happy independence day dear πŸ˜ƒ
Hammie will be back padhne ke baad ati hu πŸ˜† was shocked seeing Km in some weird hair style but she did look different n nice thou suits a vamp purrfectly πŸ˜† Edited by pearl100 - 7 years ago
Magnolia2 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Dear Hammie
What an absolutely fantastic writeup on the episode which commences the exposure of the most abominable and toxic character in this show!
Actually, I havent watched this particular episode as there was a confusion as to the telecast dates but this take of yours put the continuing narrative in focus.
I really appreciate the nomenclature you entitled Kamini with...absolutely befitting! She's so like a house lizard...seemingly harmless but full of venom inside...inching towards her prey silently to strike before they can realize the extent of how dangerous she can be. You know I'm actually terrified of lizardsπŸ˜† and how I would like to see this lizard-woman drown in her own venomous deeds and expose her own evil herself.
As for Viplav's threat to Dhani about filing for Vidhu's custody...this was again the typical Viplav acting impulsively...or maybe the prospect of Vidhu getting harmed again made him take this drastic step...
Watched today's episode.The events are unfolding at breakneck speed! Seems that they are bent on finishing the show within a week itself
Thank you for presenting the episode so perfectly with such appropriate symbolism.
Take care dear. Keep writing!😊

Edited by Magnolia2 - 7 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: simple2joy

Hammie hammie hammie hammie hammie hammie,   hi taz... x  loads
What a brilliant title n a brilliant start of d take.      thanks  taz..
LIZARD , fantastic really.can't express how much I have liked it.I love ur style hammie.how u started with d tiny little reptile that remains unnoticed in household , silently notices everything n waits for its prey to get trapped, lethal when it spreads its poison in water , pollutes life... kamini d reptile , who changes its color from time to time n attracts her prey , her color is soon to b exposed.
taz..they actually  showed the chipkali... she killed it with a stone...    here one hardly sees it in fact never...     but in  hot areas like when i went to Turkey and Greece   there were  loads there..   here in extreme heat   spiders  spin their webs outside on hedges  
Unable to watch ishq.feel so bad.could watch few episode n loving d chemistry between d leads, itni si baat hain Hume tumse pyar hain, amazing.they somewhere showing sparks n ss getting better as dhani, no more irritated by her expressions.but they didn't get much time for d new pair for ikrs2.
Thanks for writing hammie.    tell you what taz... SS wears sari these days  aachi legte hai  dainty se.. shura mein I wasn't impressed by her clothes
U give people a lot of pleasure through ur words.nusipa sending u Urdu shayeris I wish I could share amazing Bengali poems , my comments could get better.
nus is  one aesthetic   sense doctor ... erhhh aur  tum bhi... hammie idolizes   doctors...     i have a weak heart..πŸ˜›...     thanks  taz tazzz   for reading and commenting   love hammie