The Story of Lord Srinivasa

Seraphina231 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Hi πŸ˜³
I am back with the story of Lord Srinivasa.
The prologue is posted below. Please read and review πŸ˜³πŸ˜³

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Seraphina231 thumbnail

Prologue

In the Kaliyuga, sages performing a yagna, sought the advice of Sage Narada. He suggested that the fruits of the yagna be presented to the Trimurti. After much debate it was decided that Sage Bhrigu visit the Trimurti. The Sage visited the abode of Brahmadev, the Creator. He told the Creator of the situation.

"O Creator! You who are responsible for the creation of the Universe, have failed to notice my third eye. From this day forth, you will not be worshipped in any Earthly temple, except one. This temple will be referred to as Pushkar."

The Rishi proceeded to Kailash, the abode of Mahadev, one third of the Trimurti.

"Pranaam, Rishivar," said the Lord. "To what do I owe this pleasure?"
"Mahadev, I am here to discuss something with you."
"You are always welcome at Kailash, Rishivar."
The sage presented the scenario to Lord Shiva. But the sage was irked. The Lord had let him down. He had failed to notice the third eye on the sage's foot. In mounting anger, he spoke.

"O Lord of Kailash, you have failed me! You who have three eyes, have failed to notice the third eye on my foot. From this day forth, you will be worshipped only in the form on Lingams. No one will worship a statue of you, O Rudra!"

He departed, and went to Vaikuntha, knowing that Lord Narayana would definitely notice the third eye. But the Lord was with His consort, Mahalakshmi. He did not see the sage. Angered further, the angry sage kicked Him on the chest.

"O Rishivar, forgive me," said the Lord, as calm as ever. "Please allow me to pay repsects to you."
Saying thus, He proceeded to take the sage's feet in His hands, and began massaging his feet. In doing so, the Lord pressed the sage's third eye into his foot.

The sage realized his mistake. Shamefacedly, he spoke to the Lord.
"O Narayana, in my arrogance, I have cursed Lord Shiva, and Brahmadev. You, O Vishnu, have humbled me today." Saying thus, the sage departed from Vaikuntha.

Mahalakshmi, however was not appeased by the Rishi's apology.
"O Lord, the sage kicked you in the chest, where I live. O Shantakaram, I am not as easily appeased as you. I will depart to the Earth, and complete my tapasya there."
Thus saying, She departed from Ksheer Sagar, splitting into Her two forms, Shridevi and Bhudevi. Shridevi went to Earth, to complete Her penance in Varaha Kshetram. Bhudevi on the other hand chose to reside in a lotus, to be found by the Chola King Akasa Raja, and named Padmavathi.

Edited by KanhaKiChutki - 7 years ago
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Res
----

Hello Shreya!
We haven't met before but I know you through Priye urf Srutha. Would definetly like to interact with you more!πŸ˜ƒ
I'm Mahi, BTW😳

This story is amazing 
Looking forward to read itπŸ˜›

PS - Isn't it Sage Bhrigu instead of Bhrugu? Just a doubtπŸ˜†

Love
Edited by Artist_Forever - 7 years ago
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awesome prologue Sherya
Seraphina231 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Artist_Forever

Res

----

Hello Shreya!
We haven't met before but I know you through Priye urf Srutha. Would definetly like to interact with you more!πŸ˜ƒ
I'm Mahi, BTW😳

This story is amazing 
Looking forward to read itπŸ˜›

PS - Isn't it Sage Bhrigu instead of Bhrugu? Just a doubtπŸ˜†

Love

It is, Mahi πŸ˜³
Thanks a lot for the review. 
Would definitely like to interact with you πŸ˜³
Seraphina231 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nonie12345

awesome prologue Sherya

Thanks a lot πŸ˜†
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Mahi, you hypocrite. You have a million of my stuff to unres, and even read πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

Mahi, you hypocrite. You have a million of my stuff to unres, and even read πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Priye, you write at the speed of lightning
If I think I'll unress this, you already might've written two three more stories!πŸ˜†
Overloaded at the moment
I'll cover up my backlog before you stop poutingπŸ˜›πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
The prologue was such a nice one! Was always a bit confused with this story, thanks for clearing that! Can't wait for the main story to start!
radianteyes. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
beautiful prologue
it spoke all
waiting shradha di