|| Attending a Matrimonial Questionnaire ||

asmaanixx thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago

DISCLAIMER

All characters and scenes in this thread are purely realistic. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is inevitably intentional. This thread is dedicated strictly only to those who were left scarred for life as an aftermath of attending a wedding.

"NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" screamed Gurleen after shutting herself inside the washroom and opening the water tap. With all her might she fisted her palm and punched the door to allay her frustration.

"I should be enjoying with my friends on the beach now and look at me ranting inside this mandap's washroom. This is the worst day of my life!"

Flashback

One week before...

Gurleen was enthusiastic that day. Her face was glowing with pride and happiness. She had just received her appointment letter in Infosys. At last her career was going to start off its glorious ride after toiling all these years in her pursuit of obtaining her engineering degree.

She merrily entered her house and hugged her parents. She informed them of the news of her placement and training which would begin in a few days.

"Mom, I only have a few days left until training begins. I would have to go to Bangalore so I won't be able to catch up with anyone at all. So I'm just gonna chill out for the next few days and party with my friends and-"

"Wait up! Gurleen, I'm really sorry but you'll have to scratch your plans. Next week, we have to attend my bua's grand daughter's wedding, remember?"

"Wedding? No! Please mom, don't do this to me! I only have a few days left before I go to Bangalore."

"No way! My bua herself came to invite me. Do you remember how upset she was that you didn't turn up for the engagement? Don't even think about giving the wedding a miss!"

Gurleen had no option but to accept defeat. She dreaded the very word 'shaadi'. She was beginning to get a headache just thinking about all the relatives who would be hounding her with their ocean of nosy questions.

End of flashback

Gurleen grudgingly made her way out of the washroom. She pushed through the bustling crowd, wanting to get away from the prying eyes of her relatives. But fortunately, she found some respite when a known face appeared among the crowd and it was none other than her childhood friend Ramya.

"Hey Ramya! How are you? This is such a huge surprise!"

"I'm good! Nice to see you here too. It has been a while! Let's go find a place to talk."

Just as they sat down in a corner, the sangeet ceremony started and they were dragged to the stage for dancing. All they could see in the hustle was all the aunties and uncles dancing totally offbeat. The bride and groom were seated together, chatting and laughing, oblivious of what was happening around them.

Gurleen and Ramya quietly slipped away from the stage, when a dadi in her seventies suddenly caught them.

"Where are you both from? Are you from the bride's side? What are you both doing?"

Gurleen and Ramya tensed up. They knew just exactly was coming next. They saw an array of aunties lining up and gossiping about them. Just what they had dreaded.

18shabbo asmaanixx ..Ramya.. verisimilitude | .LoneWalker. | -Koeli_Appy- |
Edited by asmaanixx - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Revelio thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Gurleen and Ramya glanced at each other, nervously. "Bride's side", they said in chorus. 

One aunty scratched her dyed hair, doubtfully. "Really? I didn't see you two at Rinki's baby shower though", she said. 

Gurleen leaned over to Ramya's side and whispered, "Yo, who the hell is this Rinki?" 

"Must be the bride's uncle's brother-in-law's cousin's daughter", Ramya snorted, amused at her own joke. 

"Ramya! They're staring at us", Gurleen hissed. 

She rolled her eyes. "Well, I'm just here because my friend, who happens to be the bride's sister, invited me. You're the one who has got explaining to do, not me", said Ramya, smugly. Gurleen glared at her.

She turned to face the inquisitive faces of the ring of aunties. "I had my final exams going on at that time. You know how engineering is, aunty. Super hectic", she explained, hastily. 

"Then you must've got your results by now, how much did you get?" asked another aunty. Gurleen grinned. "70 percent, aunty!" she chirped.

"Just 70 percent?"

Ouch.

"You know, my daughter got 71 percent. Bechari, she used to study all night long."

Ramya suppressed her urge to laugh and turned to Gurleen who seemed to have gulped down an entire bottle of tabasco in a go. She patted her shoulder, in a rather futile attempt to be comforting.

"By the way, where did you get those earrings from? It looks very pretty", said the aunty, pointing to Ramya's ears. 

"Oh these? I'm not sure, mom bought them", she explained, sheepishly.

"Kids these days. So irresponsible and oblivious", she opined, clicking her tongue.

"Yeah right, no one's probably ever told you guys how annoying you are", Ramya murmured.

"Did you say something?"

"Oh me? No, not at all", she asserted, with a strained smile on her face.

"Okay aunty, I guess we'll get going now", said Ramya, desperately wanting to get away from them before the conversation could escalate any further.

"Beta, you didn't tell us anything about yourself."

Ramya swallowed. Gurleen turned to her and flashed her a sly smirk.

"So when are you getting married?"

Doomed.

It was rather strange how every aunty's face lit up just hearing the word 'marriage'.

"Uhh...married? Maybe after three or four years...maybe", she mumbled.

"THREE OR FOUR YEARS?!" an aunty cried out, "You would have white hair by then!"

Ramya's mouth formed a perfect 'o'. "Do I look that old to these people?" she muttered under her breath.

"And what about you?" an aunty asked Gurleen, wagging her index finger at her. 

Gurleen looked around at her surroundings, frantically. "Who, me?"

"Yes, you."

"Umm. When I find the right guy, maybe?" Gurleen said, shrugging.

"Love marriage, eh?" an aunty said, suggestively. Gurleen blinked, nonplussed.

"Speaking of which, what kind of guy are you looking for, exactly? See that guy over there? His name is Ne-" 

She was cut off by a super vexed Gurleen. "Aunty, as much as I would love to hear you out on my potential groom, I really need to go the restroom right now. Bye!"

Edited by ..Ramya.. - 7 years ago
.Lonewalker. thumbnail

"You know what, that's it!" Ramya said, banging her hand on the white-clothed table. "It's about time we put this shaadi business to a rest."

Getting motivated herself, Gurleen agreed. "Yes! We must do something that will make them never want to talk to us again."

"And I have the perfect plan to carry this out", Ramya said with a grand smug on her face. "Whenever some aunty or uncle comes to us asking us their medieval century questions, we'll answer with our genius."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning, for example, if a guy comes to see me, I'll go and make a sari hui roti. Simple, rishta toot gaya. πŸ˜Ž Because after all..."

So members, what tips or tricks do you all have to get out of this vicious curse that seems to be plaguing our fellow sisters and brothers?

Help out your fellow friend, and leave some of them down below.
Edited by .Lonewalker. - 7 years ago
Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Freaking hilarious! *ROFL*🀣🀣
This was awesome work by the CCs!😎
And I can well imagine this *cough* *smirk*πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

I think putting up a 'Behenji' attitude (Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi types) will force the guy to run on his heels, in the opposite direction!😈

.Anjum. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
 πŸ€£
Too hillarious🀣
Gur seriously πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Well , if any rishta waalas come to your house , then do the opposite of what they ask youπŸ˜‰ never give them straight answersπŸ˜†πŸ˜†do the oppπŸ˜‰
IshqHaiWoEhsaas thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OMG This is damn hilarious...🀣

Awesome work CC's...⭐️
Who is the bride? Is she gori chitti? Is she very fair or v.v.v.v.v.v. fair? Can she belo perfectly round rotis?
I just want a girl in 2 joda kapda. Whatever else she gets is for her own benefit. 
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail
Awesome topic peeps! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

One tip from me:

Sona_Chandini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
🀣🀣 Awesome thread. 
-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Had a good laugh reading it πŸ€£