Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

daydreamers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
I don't believe this. I had typed one long reply for Sairat and the power went off πŸ˜‘
Loveforlife thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Ok I skipped all the Udta P wale discussions πŸ˜† I have to watch the movie as yet. Mohenjadaro looks more like Prince of Egypt to me.. Why did AG need to give it the name of MD? He could have given it some fictitious name and it would have made no difference to the movie. The film looks typical boy meet princess, then boy becomes saviour of the place..  I guess he wanted publicity so Mohenjadaro. 
Loveforlife thumbnail
Last evening Blue Film was sweet like pulpy orange! β˜ΊοΈ
Welcome Jhalak...πŸ€—

Jhan kabhi bhi kuch bhi post karen se pehle...Control + v kar liya karo...πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Loveforlife

Ok I skipped all the Udta P wale discussions πŸ˜† I have to watch the movie as yet. Mohenjadaro looks more like Prince of Egypt to me.. Why did AG need to give it the name of MD? He could have given it some fictitious name and it would have made no difference to the movie. The film looks typical boy meet princess, then boy becomes saviour of the place..  I guess he wanted publicity so Mohenjadaro. 

Haana...and we were expecting the movie to show some Mohenjadaro history ...GHANTA πŸ˜†
Honestly looking at Hrithik's outift , I was reminded of that Prince of Persia ka video game...πŸ˜† , ekdum same outfit and surrounding sbe ditto esp woh Block wala Ghar.
The movie loosk so LAME now... and Hrithk is absolute misfit ..
uske hairstyle to dekhke Agneepath yaad aa gaya...

@Kinzu : IQ sounds like Frustrated Indian...πŸ˜†. Chill maro IQ Sahab , yeh toh chalta rehta hain...

daydreamers thumbnail
DISCLAIMER: if you haven't watched sairat and want to watch it kindly do not read this. 
For sairat's remake in hindi I really don't want them to cast Alia as Archie. 

So here are my views on Sairat. Won't term it as review as I think I won't be able to justify it. 

Rav I agree with you so much, Sairat grows.. But see the way it does. 

Every time I recall any scene am only reminded of the innocent love. However cruel the society may be, however suffocating the rules may be, the innocence blossoms. 

And I think this is where Manjule has scored big. 

THE CAST 

First time lucky!!!! And how...

I swear kya kismat hai. 

Am reminded here of Salman's words when he was on the last season of jhalak. 

"Actor dikh jata hai. Sadak par khada go, chal ra ho. Samajh aa jata hai isme kuch hai" 

And see the same has happened with the lead guy. He was spotted on the road by Manjule's brother. 

That one encounter got us Parshya. 

Rinkoo as Archie was phenomenal. The best part being her growth. I felt that she herself grew with the character. Not for once did I feel she was mere 16. 

Akash as Parshya was a great support to Archie. Jitni bhi khaamiya ho I feel this guy is here to stay. Whatever I have read of him one thing I consistently came across was he's shy. And I ges that's what has worked wonders in Parshya's portrayal. 

Tanaji and Arbaj were flawless as Pradeep and Salim. 

I also loved Archie's friend who was always the scapegoat 

SCENES AND CHARACTERS

The cricket match sets the stage for our story. But the captain is busy stalking someone. Mangya is doing time pass with once more once more. Captain doesn't get water on the cricket ground cz of severe drought conditions. So he comes to drink water from the hand pump near Archie's house. 

But our very own alarm salya brings Parshya to the ground. As the hero enters magic happens and bittergaon wins. 

Hero and his friends want the politician to give his daughter and not the award. 

The dream sequence was fun.  

"How do you get such erotic dreams?", salya is curious. 

Archie is at the well. Our hero doesn't mind bathing thrice. 

" Hya kuthun padla ga?"

"Sorry sorry mi pahila nhai" 

"Arre waah Bara dole jhaakun padla re vihrit. Ata pahila na. Nigh baaher" 

"Kay mhanli re Archie?" 

"Kahi nhai mhane nigh baaher" 

"YAD LAAGLA GA YAD LAAGLA GA 
RANGLA TUZYAT YAD LAAGLA GA" 

That bullet entry was *whoot whoot* 

"Kiti? 72?" 

"Archie halu bol" 

" hya tar toch e na tya divshi vihrit padla hota. 72 takke e. Hushar e hya tar" 

I loved the way Archie asks her friend "ajun Kay awadta g mala?" 

Manjule has really crafted the characters well. Especially the leads. They are so different and opposite. 

"Kay baghto e re magha pasna?" 

"Kho kho baghtoy" 

"Kho kho? Kevha cha maza kade baghto e ki" 

"Tula kasa kalala mi Tuza kade baghto e te?" 

"Mi maza dolya ne pahila" 

"Mag tuch nako baghu na" 

"Maze dole e mi baghin nahi tar kahi bhi Karin" 

"Mi pn baghen nahi tar kahi pn Karel. tula nasel awadat tar tuch nako baghu" 

"Mi kadhi Mhatla mala nahi awadat asa" 

The letter sequence was fun. 

Mama chi chitti. And hero gets beaten up. 

"Aye mangya sod tyala. 
Marathit samjhat nhai ka, English madhe saangu?" 

The girl slips finally. Asmi the classroom scene is my fav too. Hero ji waiting for heroine ji. But what happens next makes him conscious. Mann me laddoo phoota as he sees her. But then it becomes way too serious when she refuses to look away. Bechara, line usse maarni thi, Yaha toh heroine hi tez nikli. 

"LAAGLA SAJNI LA SAJNA CHA YAD" 

I loved that scene for so many emotions. Parshya likes the attention but he's equally conscious is public. Ladko ko samajh ana chahiye kaisa lagta h jab ppl stare at you continuously. 

The tractor scene was again good. Loved Parshya's sister. 

"Tumhala saangte e ti" 

"Mala tu khup awadte" 

"Mala pn tu khup awadto. Kay? Marathi madhe samjhat nahi? English madhe saangu? I love you." 

"ALA MANAATLA HYA HWATA VARI UN HAATA MANDI HAAT ALA JI
SAIRAT ZALA JI" 

Even though clichd and repeated I loved the use of slow motion scenes.

Especially Parshya lifts Archie in first stanza of song.

Then the color scene was nice. 

Again the swing scene where he purposefully imbalances it and she hits him on his hand. Again slow motion. Loved it. 

The last rain scene was also good. 

Now both dream about their rosy lovey dovey life completely unaware of the thorns awaiting their journey together. 

Prince slapping the teacher and the parents indifferent towards it. More or less like "bade baap ke bigde bete" ka kuch nahi ho sakta. The best of this scene was Archie. She slammed her brother for his behaviour which only makes us believe that she's good for Parshya. 

Then comes ZINGAT with a hard hitting reality. 

The chase begins.. I loved many scenes here. 

"Its a red mark. Even the girl was at fault but what can one expect from Patils?"

"Padhai chod k kya tamasha kar rahe ho" 

I truly agreed to the professor at this moment but one thing I can't ignore is that however tough was it Archie and Parshya were together in everything. 

"You slept with her right? Leave her then. It will be a good lesson to them" 

Manjule hit gold with this line. He didn't shun away from letting a teacher speak this line. Much needed.. How can one even think of a better place if the teachers who are building the future of the nation have such sick thoughts. 

I loved the way Parshya snapped at him. 

"I am disgusted. Never expected from you sir" 

After a lot of chaos they run only to be caught by the police. 

Manjule gives another master stroke at the police station. 

The boys and his family are jailed for raping and kidnapping Archie. A direct yet gentle slap on those faces who misuse law and preach feminism. Loved Archie's stand. She again doesn't think twice before creating a ruckus. 

The final run to Hyderabad. 

I loved the second half for the realistic touch Manjule gave it. 

On a roadside stall Parshya drinks water from a mug but Archie makes faces. He gets her a bottle. 

They stay on roads, bus stands, theatres, railway stations till they face another nightmare. 

A lady comes to their rescue. I wonder if such good ppl exist in this world. 

A girl from a rich family has to live in slums. Archie's struggle was so real. She scans everything, from the size of the house to the garbage dumped. 

Parshya happily cleans the house and asks her to stay out. 

"Kasla tari kubat vaas yetoy re" 

Her reaction was true to her character. She won't think twice before expressing her displeasure. 

She stares blankly at the bathroom. She almost pukes at the smell of garbage. 

She doesn't know how to cook. He cooks happily. She is pretty unapologetic about it. 

Manjule definitely did give depth to Archie but I was astounded at the way he has worked on Parshya. The guy is receptive to her emotions. He gives her space. He doesn't mind doing every work till she takes the lead. 

An idle mind is a devil's workshop. What a portrayal. Archie confesses she is not liking all this. She misses her family. She wants them and she also wants him. How many times in life do we get what we want? 

Just like a normal couple hits the 7 yr itch we have our protagonists in the same situation. 

Late night calls, doubts, misunderstandings and petty fights.  

Archie finally leaves him.

Parshya's failed attempts to suicide. This scene was poignant. His helplessness.. His hope is diminishing in the midst of the mess he had crested.

The beggars begging alms. I loved this subtle touch by the director. How many times do we come across beggars? Almost daily. But how many times do we think on it? In disparity Archie is able to realize. The lady's support for her blind man. 

I loved the way they again used the chunk of shreya's song for the wedding. 

"LAAGLA SAJNI LA SAJNA CHA YAD" 

The fast fwd was really nice. Especially the baby shower photographs. I saw more of Akash and rinku than parshya and Archie. But they were so cute.

The end was heart breaking. First I felt it was not needed but then I thought nothing could have been better than this. The only lines that came to my mind in the silence were: 

"Samdya gava la jhali e mazya lagna chi ghai kadhi honar tu rani mazya lekarachi aai" 

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

After I came back from the movie my mumma's friend only had to say one thing ( as expected) 

The message that we get from the movie is the children shouldn't do such things. 

I slapped my forehead at this comment. Gaye paise pani mein. 

Casteism is a major issue in India. I guess that's the sole reason we are finding ppl connecting to this movie even when its a regional movie. 

Why can't we simply see people as people? Why is there a need to know surnames? The scenario is not just in rural areas but also in colleges and schools in urban areas. I guess I tend to escape this fate by a multilingual surname and quite an odd face which doesn't reveal my identity. Why there's always the revenge factor between different castes? If intercaste love stories have such fate then what about careers? 

I recalled memes being circulated on fb regarding reservations. 

Will anyone make a movie, a sensible movie grossing huge amounts as Sairat? 

Unfortunately ppl don't realize that in this fight of upper and lower castes we are degrading ourselves. Why can't once a man think for the betterment of everyone? 

Caste is nothing if you don't mind and have a mind but caste I'd everything if you mind and you don't have a mind. 

Manjule has definitely slapped the intellectual ability of the human race in India. But now the question arises did the country learn anything apart from the no.s of 85 crores that the movie earned? 

THE MUSIC 

Its tough to choose a single song. Very tough. 

For the first time I guess I have paid much heed to Ajay's voice. I liked the texture of his voice. Its rustic, raw, rough yet melodious. 

I applaud Shreya for catching the dialect. 
 "Harla hya peremalya peremane jikla"

I see zingaat to be other one to be remade in hindi after komdi palali. 

Yad laagla is again magic cz of Ajay's voice. 

My ultimate favorite on feel, lyrics, music and voice: Sairat zala ji. 

THE STRATEGY

Movie is nthn but old wine in new bottle. 

What makes it work is clever strategy. 

Manjule has seamlessly blended two distinct narratives. 

First half for masala entertainment purely commercial. Second half for some minds purely art. 

Another thing he did brilliantly well 

He jammed up all the songs in first half. So even if we see the songs before the film we wouldn't really understand where this is going. 

The semi rural rustic background with the dialect has worked well. 

Fresh faces in the industry. 

The new comers have actually breathes life into the old wine. 

It was actually a very good idea as the new gang got the much needed innocence of the characters by their sincerity. 

Any established actors wouldn't have done justice to this at all. 

The silence at the end was worth an applause. Manjule you really know how to play with minds of ppl. 

Last but definitely not the least. The name of the movie. I bet if even 50% maharashtrians knew the meaning of the word. 

THE FINAL WORD 

The movie is an underwhelming watch till you are out of the theatre. 
It doesnt evoke any intense emotions in you but the way it stays back can only make you realize the honesty with which the movie is made. 

Simple, innocent, old but fresh. 
One time watch is worth it. 

Even after the end I wonder if the wilderness will ever end. Blood never defies blood. 

Animals are better than humans who can Atleast be wild.
Humans can not even harbour this wilderness in their hearts coz of the stupid stereotypes. 

To follow your heart you need a civilization and not a jungle. 

Let your heart be wild and free coz you never know who'll come and pierce it for their reputation 

" Aga dhadadla hya nabha mandi 
Ani dhola sanga gaat ala ji 
Sairat zala ji 
Sairat zala ji 
Sairat zala ji" 

daydreamers thumbnail
Asmi πŸ˜† jane de I typed in note and copied here. Aj power aane k chances durlabh hai. 
I ges the post is too long πŸ€” bear it pls as ur friend is very much sairatified πŸ˜†
Loveforlife thumbnail
The thing with showing reality or basically adult stuff in Indian theatres is that no one really monitors the audience. When we went to watch Deadpool, there was a couple who had brought their 8-9 year old child. The movie was A and though the bad words were beeped and adult scenes were zoomed, still they were not appropriate for a child to watch. Illiteracy is the main cause.. 
As I always maintain.. It's ok to show reality.. It's ok to show children abusing because it happens in reality but does the movie also giving out a message that it is not morally right for children to use abusive language? Because if a movie or a show does not leave a message then the reality shown becomes hip and cool.. It's 'OK' to abuse because it happens in reality. A movie or show must show bad consequences of an inappropriate behaviour shown nahi toh koi matlab nahi banta reality dikha ke. 
daydreamers thumbnail
I agree with you Rav πŸ‘πŸΌ
As I have recently watched Sairat I'll tell u the debate that I had with mumma's friend 

Her only take was kids shouldn't do this or else they'll be killed. 

See this is what I call as half knowledge. 

My points of contradictions were : 

1. They eloped I agree. But did anyone try to hear them out? 

2. The chair is imp for the father and so he tries to marry her somewhere else. 

3. Forget caste for a while but did Archie's family tried to understand how the guy is? Accha hai? Bura hai? 

4. The couple fought. They had their differences. She left him. They realized. She came back and they reconciled. The director didn't show that any of them ditched the other. 

5. The teacher asked parshya if he zopet with her. Parshya was pretty unapologetic. This as per me stems from his honesty. He straightaway showed the teacher his place that he was disgusted at his thoughts. 

6. They both worked to build a home, a happy family. But Archie also made a point to keep her relation intact with her mother. She was trying to reduce that gap. 

7. They came with gifts for Archie and her child. But who gave them the right to kill the couple especially after she was happy with her husband? 

8. Above all the differences they tried their level best to conquer every challenge. 

9. What prince did was a clear play of betrayal. If he had come with guns and attacked directly they would have eloped again. Instead he brings in sweet poison and dupes Archie's belief. Parshya was still in doubts but Archie's conviction made him believe the impossible. 

10. Neither did Parshya used Archie and left her to rags nor did Archie leave him. 

How can the comment that "children do this so this happens" justify the above pointers? 

Who was more at fault? The lovers or their families? 

Am a staunch believer that anything that can make a house a home is good communication. And both the families lacked this. Reason? Some stupid caste differences especially when we don't even know who invented these castes. 

Fortunately my mumma is chilled out and has similar thoughts as me but yes I swear I did have a headache after the debate with her friend. 

Its very easy to throw eggs on children but when the tables turn the society and the adults don't mind calling it foul. 

I wonder sairat par ye haal h UP dekhenge toh kya hoga πŸ˜†
rupsii thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Raves and asmi.. Same same thoughts! Mohenjo daaro ka trailir gave me prince of Persia vibes.. I love that movie..lol.. But Ashutosh should've just presented it as a fiction story.. History kaiko laaneka..πŸ˜† ..
peeyara thumbnail
Mr and Mrs Afridi romancing on Twitter ❀️

I used to think that its fake account of Nadia but this retweet cleared my doubts 😳 πŸ˜† Edited by peeyara - 7 years ago