Nynaeve thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Am I the only one? 

I hate it when someone calls their writing a drabble (for heaven's sake, it is a short story of less than 100 words) and I open the thread hoping for a quick read (even if it is a single post story of more than 100 words - some run into thousands) only to be met by an index, one that includes, at least a prologue, a couple of teasers, a dozen chapters and some author notes. 

Nothing turns me off more than that - Drabble in the title and serial story in the post - I feel cheated.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nynaeve thumbnail

Removed, as the same has been collated and posted in Wattpad. Apologies to any reader who missed it.
Edited by Nynaeve - 6 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Nynaeve thumbnail
And this is post No.

Cause for celebration???? - does not seem really, I have a long way to go for the next level (at the rate I post, 2500 posts or rather 2249 seems a long way to go - let me do the numbers, in the 454 days that I have been a member I have managed only 2750 posts, which is an average of 6 posts a day. So if this is the trend, then 2249 posts would need 374 days (okay another year) But then, I have actually not been active all the days, so maybe...

I think I should simply not bother about the count

Edited by Nynaeve - 7 years ago
Nynaeve thumbnail
To all of my friends and others - who write wonderful tales, share beautiful thoughts, post meaningful pictures:

ETA - March 9, 2017:

Just noticed the spelling error - greatful instead of grateful (ironic OR self praise at its best😉)
Edited by Nynaeve - 7 years ago
Nynaeve thumbnail
Alexander Deruchenko - is an illustrator and concept artist, based in St. Petersberg, Russia and who graduated in 2006 from the Russian Academy of Arts.

Read him up, when I chanced across this artwork - Magnolia

Absolutely gorgeous and simply amazing.
Nynaeve thumbnail
Graffiti - defined as writings or drawings that have been scribbled, scratched or painted illicitly on a wall or other surface, often within public view. Graffiti ranges from simple words to elaborate wall paining and have existed since ancient times.
Controversies that surround graffiti continue to create disagreement among city officials, law enforcement and writers who wish to display and appreciate work in public locations. There are many types and styles of graffiti, it is a rapidly developing art form whose value is highly contested and reviled by many authorities while also subject to protection, sometimes within the same jurisdiction.

~source: Wikipedia

And as I go about "littering" posts is it graffiti or a desperate attempt to be artistic???
Nynaeve thumbnail

Short Story actually a tiny one😆

And this is definitely "graffiti". I had this idea buzzing in my head but just could not transfer it to paper. I have managed to do so today, it is not very great but as of now appears to have a possibility. Maybe someday, I will be able to make it into the story it deserves. For now, this is all I have.

~ Good Enough is the new PERFECT ~

Deleted as the same has been posted on Wattpad. Apologies to any reader who chances here.

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Nynaeve thumbnail
And I notice blooper number 1 - a huge one, since it is not a typo I will not correct it, shall keep it in mind, when I do develop the above into a full fledged story.

I mentioned the protogonist to have fractured her leg, and she is still in the hospital, but I have made her walk up to the terrace, all the way to the parapet wall where the contemplation and confrontation takes place. Unforgivable blooper😡😡😡

ETA - July 21, 2017.

Rectified the above blooper, and leaving the story untouched otherwise - for I am attempting to follow what the story says - "enough is perfect"😆
Nynaeve thumbnail
Read a story prompt and it immediately reminded me of Macbeth's witches and which lead me to read about Hectate - who is associated with the crossroads, which is where three roads come together. In this respect she is often depicted as a triple goddess, watching all the three roads at the same time.

She is a greek goddess, extremely powerful and benevolent, identified with three other goddesses - Selene (the moon goddess), Artemis (the huntress) and Persephone (the destroyer) symbolising her rule over the heavens, earth and the underworld.

She is also represented as the Maid, the mother and the crone.

Oh the possibilities of the imagery is exciting.
Nynaeve thumbnail
Today has been a relatively good one - I managed to capture a few memories for my FF and read a few story prompts (now I have another idea rattling in my head). 

But this caught my attention.

How many times do we mistake the monsters to be the ones in the stories, the unknown things in the dark, the strange shadows in the twilight when the real monsters, the scary ones, the ones whom we should truly fear are those that walk amongst with us. Look like us, have human faces but hearts of evil? 

This reminds me of a quote I read (I do not know who the author is and I used it in one of my FF - most loved it) " In every angel, a demon hides. In very demon, an angel strides"

So men could be monsters in disguise, and a monster could be a guardian angel