Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

ArHi: Starlight and Moonshine: #16, Pg 54, 29 July

greenteaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
A story told in an average of 500 words and twenty seven parts.

Each chapter is named after 27 stars. The stars' mythological origin stories are extrapolated to these characters and make the story relevant to today's time.

An experiment of sorts.

Chapter 01: Ashwini; The horse woman. Page 01
Chapter 02: Bharani: The bearer of new life   Page 04
Chapter 03: Krittika: The one who cuts Page 09
Chapter 04: Rohini: The Red one Page 13
Chapter 05: Mrigashira: The head of a deer Page 15
Chapter 06: Ardra: The moist one Page 19
Chapter 07: Punarvasu: Return of the light Page 24
Chapter 08: Pushya: To Nourish  Page 28
Chapter 09: Ashlesha: The Embracer - Page 32
Chapter 10: Makha: The great one - Page 36
Chapter 11: Purva Phalguni: The former reddish one - Page 39
Chapter 12: Uttara Phalguni: The later reddish one - Page 42
Chapter 13: Hasta: The hand - Page 45
Chapter 14: Chitra: The Bright one - Page 49
Chapter 15: Swati: The Sword - Page 51
Chapter 16: Vishaka: The Fork Shaped - Page 54
Edited by greenteaholic - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greenteaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

01: Ashwini: The horse woman

Thirty years ago:

"It was a mistake Garima." Surya is distraught. Garima glares at her best friend's husband.

"You had an affair for the entirety of your marriage Surya. For three long years." Garima bites out in anger. Surya looks momentarily ashamed but he bounces back quickly.

"It didn't mean anything Garima. Sanjana knows that." He holds his head in his hands and begs for some reprieve from the pain that is cyclically ripping his skin and stitching back up.

Garima looks at him coldly. "I am angry at you for both my best friend's sake and also on behalf of the woman who you were screwing behind your wife's back. Taking a f**king stand Surya."

Garima doesn't miss the flash of annoyance that crosses Surya's face. She knows him. Has known him for years, as long as her best friend, his wife has known him. She knows he an asshole with no moral compass. Sanjana thinks Garima has outdated set of morals.

"Who is the woman?" Garima asks when Surya simmers in his chair. Surya avoids looking at Garima and shrugs carelessly.

"It doesn't matter G. I have ended things with her. Besides, it's none of your f**king business." Surya almost yells. Garima watches him through the thick of her eyelashes, maintaining a stoic interface. "And for her sake, I won't tell you who it is."

"Do I know this other woman then?" Garima asks, narrowing her eyes. She gets another disingenuous careless shrug as a response. She wants to throttle him.

"Is Sanjana okay? I want to fix things with her G. I may have had an affair. But I always I came home. Home to Sanjana, my wife." Surya rationalizes.

Garima screams into a throw pillow and when that isn't enough to shroud her rage, she throws it at Surya's head. "You are such a f**king asshole. You slept with someone else and you have no idea the extent of damage you have caused on your wife. She is betrayed by your choices, you asshole. She wants to hate you but you are her first and only love. She is confused and she doesn't want to see you."

Surya hangs his head and doesn't reply for a long moment. "I don't know why you did that Surya." He looks up when he hears another voice near him. He knows that voice. He loves that voice. He has made that voice yell in happiness, scream in pleasure and now its desperate in misery. He did that. He hates himself for making the gentle voice hoarse.

"Sanjana." He stammers.

"What are you doing?" Surya hears Garima hissing to her friend. He is oblivious to the whispers of the two women. He is twirling the tail of his wife's sari and has no plans of letting go.

"Let's go home," he hears her say.

"Are you forgiving me?" He is surprised.

She smiles weakly at him. "Not yet. Someday, maybe."

Hope clutches his chest and squeezes painfully. "I can live with that."

Sanjana and Surya go back to their home much to Garima's displeasure. "He is sorry for getting caught Sanjana, not for the affair." To which Sanjana had responded - We will figure it out.

Garima had given up trying to understand Surya's philandering ways and Sanjana's It will all get better mentality.

A year later Garima was holding her god children in her arms. The twins - Arnav and Anjali as the new parents Sanjana and Surya proudly looked on.

vgedin thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Me
~Edit~ 

Morality is subjective and the world is made of all shades - and we pick what is white and what is black in our minds. Garima sees black here, but does her friend follow a different compass? 

And what is "home" anyway? Is that a place where you find absolution? Or a place you share a lifetime? 

In my own head I will judge, but I won't ink that here because this is your canvas to paint. Waiting for more. And Twiggy is a greenteaholic-aholic πŸ˜Š

Edited by vgedin - 7 years ago
dv19 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I hv read ur other story which ended with in 200 words each chap.

Found it amazing..

Very crisp.

I'm eagerly wtg for this story...
meera30 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
And me!

Who knows what makes a couple tick? Can someone on the outside - even the closest friend really understand what each gets from the other that makes him/her stay. Some people lie. Some cheat. Some smoke. Some eat. Morality has long battled with human behavior - you win some you lose some

Bring on another brilliant concept Ms. She-who-has-a-thousand-names. I am with you all the way to the 27th. And you better get to that - I won't rest (or let you!) till I see the chapter for mine up here :pEdited by meera30 - 7 years ago
lechuarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
superb...surya betrayed his wife for 3 long years...he love his wife but still... an affair..he ended things with other woman as his wife caught him...
So Arnv anjali born after a year...

very exciting story...waiting for more😳
Breath-Mark thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Yes yes!! 
Loved the part 1
anjs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
interesting...so Arnav's father is a regular at cheating and Arnav's mother tries to ignore...
Viji79 thumbnail
Hmmm. Husband and wife relationship is mostly incomprehensible to a third person. Who is ashwini here? G or S? Waiting for bharani.
AllSmiles86 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Chapter 1: Ashwini

Well, this is a new concept. 200 words per chapter and the chapter titles lay the foundation for the chapter and its based on the 27 Astrological stars. I am all for it πŸ€—

Since I did not know the origin or the background of the stars, I relied on Google and Voila here is what it has to say about Ashwini:

Personality & Behavioral Traits: Dynamic, Powerful, Spontaneous, Instant Gratification oriented, careless in decision making, comfortable in short duration activities, lack loyalty but helpful in nature.

With those traits, all the characters you introduced in the first chapter display one or more of the above traits. Especially, Sanjana. Her need to get instant results instead of moping around paves a reckless path for her in terms of marriage. Instant Gratification is attributed to the couple for their need to meet their goals, albeit it being different goals. Surya physical needs, though promiscuous, are highlighted thoroughly but he is willing to arrive a peaceful state with his wife. The couple are epitome are the slogan, 'good beginners, poor finishers'.

Garima seems like strong-willed personality. Ready to defend and seems helpful in nature. Her loyalty towards Sanjana plays a bigger role than her loyalty towards the sacred vows of marriage.

Rock on Barbie, and give us all that you got πŸ˜Š
Edited by AllSmiles86 - 7 years ago