A Most Awaited Birth - Ramayan OS

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 7 years ago
This is an OS I wrote on an idea that's been going through my mind for a while. I hope you guys like it, and forgive me if I wrote anything out of line. 😳
I wrote it within the theme of Lakshman being Adi Sesha, Shatrughan being Panchajanya and Bharat being Sudarshan.

A Most Awaited Birth
By RamKiJanaki

Maharani Kaushalya was startled awake by the high pitched crying of her newborn infant. Looking at him in worry, she stroked the baby's hair and cooed softly. "What is it, my darling? What is wrong? Is your stomach hurting?"

The infant Ram looked at his mother with tears in his eyes, and Kaushalya's concern grew. Her newborn was such a calm child and had rarely cried since his birth a week ago. What was wrong with him now?

Lifting him into her arms, Kaushalya went in search of Sumitra, who was both a sister and best friend to her more than co-wife. In the hallway, she met Kaikeyi, who was rocking a wailing Bharat. Kaikeyi looked frazzled.

"Poor child, is his stomach hurting again?" Kaushalya asked sympathetically.

"Yes didi, he's been crying non-stop for the past hour," Kaikeyi responded warily. Her normally perfect hair was all out of place and her sari held evidence of her newborn's illness.

Kaikeyi's son was born a mere day after her own child, and Kaushalya loved him like her own.

"Why is your son crying?" Kaikeyi asked with concern of her own, "He hardly ever cries!"

"I do not know, I am afraid he is coming down with the same illness as your babe," Kaushalya sighed.

"Perhaps there is a tonic we may give them," Kaikeyi suggested.

"I am going to see if Sumitra has any tips," Kaushalya said, and Kaikeyi nodded. Sumitra was wonderful with children, having had many younger brothers and sisters whom she'd helped raise before her marriage.

Kaushalya found Sumitra resting in a divan, her stomach still bloated and large.

"The child shall come any day now," Kaushalya assured her kindly. Sumitra seemed very anxious about the upcoming birth, for she was already overdue past the date the midwife had set.

"Hopefully," Sumitra sighed, heaving herself off the divan and stroking young Ram's head.

"What is wrong, my love?" she cooed sweetly, "What is such a calm babe like you distressed about?"

The infant Ram looked at Sumitra with a beautiful smile, suddenly ceasing his crying, and Sumitra felt as if it was God smiling down at her. No normal child would look so...perceptive, as if he knew her heart.

Mata, I am awaiting Sesh Naag's arrival. Where is my brother? Why hasn't he come yet?

As if reading the babe's thoughts, Sumitra kissed young Ram on the cheek and murmured, "Tell your brother to come out, my child. I am yearning to hold him in my arms, and to present you with yet another playmate. He will surely listen to you."

Sumitra took Ram into her arms.

"Sumitra! You should not be carrying him right now," Kaushalya chided.

"Didi, the baby is hardly heavy, and carrying him brings me immense peace," Sumitra explained, rocking Ram gently in her arms. "See? He already feels better."

"It is as if he was crying just so I brought him here," Kaushalya remarked with surprise.

"He is as eager to greet his new brother as I am," Sumitra smiled.

Ram gurgled happily in Sumitra's arms, and looking down, he placed his small feet on her bloated stomach.

Sesha! It is time for you to ease my mother's discomfort. The time has come for you to enter the world. Come, my brother.

Then, a small voice came from within Sumitra's stomach, a voice only Ram could hear.

Bhaiyya! If it was up to me, I would have come out as soon as you made your own entrance into the world, but what can I do? Your conch-shell, Panchajanya, is blocking my way. He is quite warmly settled, it seems.

Baby Ram made a delighted chuckle, much to the amusement of his two mothers.

Panchajanya, you must not torment your mother so! Listen to your elder brother, Sesha, and unblock the way. The time has come for you both to enter the world.

But Bhaiyya, came another voice within Sumitra's stomach, It is so warm here. Can I not wait just another day?

Ram's brows furrowed, and suddenly his lips puckered up as if he was about to cry again.

Panchajanya, you can sleep as much as you like once you enter the world. Look, my Sudarshan Chakra has already been born in the form of Mata Kaikeyi's son, and he is waiting for you. Until you are born, he will not cease crying.

Alright Bhaiyya, if that is what you wish, but it is slightly cramped in here thanks to Sesha. We might need your help.

Ram giggled once again, and casting a mischievous glance at Sumitra's stomach, he brought one of his blessed feet down and pressed hard.

Suddenly gasping, Sumitra handed the baby to Kaushalya and clutched her stomach, feeling her water break.

"You naughty child!" Kaushalya scolded her son, who continued giggling, "Is that any way to treat your mother and new brother?"

"Didi, it is time," Sumitra gasped. Kaushalya helped Sumitra to her bed with her free arm and summoned the maids. They trailed into the room, followed by the midwife, who quickly ushered Kaushalya out.

The birth did not last long, and by the time Maharaj Dashrath was summoned from the royal darbaar, Sumitra had given birth to not one, but two beautiful baby boys.

When Dashrath and Kaushalya entered the chamber, Sumitra was lying next to two swaddled bundles with a peaceful smile on her face.

"Didi, the birth was painless," she murmured with fatigue, "It is as if your child's touch removed all the pain of birth. Bless his soul!"

Kaushalya smiled and laid baby Ram down next to one of the bundles.

"Look, my child," she whispered, "You have two more little brothers. Are they not precious?"

Baby Ram turned his head and came face to face with his beloved Sesha, who opened his eyes and looked at him with devotion.

Welcome, my dear Sesha, Ram spoke to his brother through their inner connection.

Prabhu, bless me, the baby spoke back reverentially. You have given me the position of brother in this human incarnation we have taken. Bless me so that I may fulfill my duties successfully.

May you be blessed with all the happiness and love that you deserve, dear one. Baby Ram gurgled, touching his fist with the newborn Lakshman's.

Lakshman opened his fist and clasped his brother's tightly.

"What a strong lad this one will be!" Maharaj Dashrath proclaimed proudly. "Not even born an hour and already he can hold his brother's hand."

"Sumitra, both your sons are dears," Kaushalya praised her sister lovingly. Sumitra beamed happily.

Bhaiyya, I must pay my obeisance to you, baby Lakshman insisted.

Sesha, you have my blessings already, and you always will. Baby Ram looked lovingly at the other infant.

Prabhu, you are my lord, my master. Let this servant of yours touch your feet.

Suddenly the world around them stilled, including their parents, and a magnificent serpent manifested from young Lakshman's body. The beautiful image of Lord Vishnu appeared from Ram, and Adi Sesha felt tears in his eyes at the sight. He bowed down continuously and touched Lord Vishnu's feet.

Then, everything went back to the way it was before, and much to the parents' amazement, the infant Lakshman rolled over onto his stomach as if he was a babe of many months, and he touched his little nose to the bed. Baby Ram gurgled with delighted and placed his tiny adorable feet onto his brother's small head. Baby Lakshman's face broke into a satisfied smile.

May you be forever happy, my dear brother. Ram blessed Lakshman with a beauteous smile on his face.

Kaushalya immediately removed her son from the bed. "You naughty child! What is up with you today?" she asked him sternly, "First you strike your mother's stomach, and then you place your feet on your newborn brother's head!"

Baby Ram merely giggled with delight, and Kaushalya was forced to smile at his antics.

"Didi, some things are unexplainable," Sumitra murmured, glancing at her own newborn. Baby Lakshman had rolled back to his former position and had fallen asleep, though with a smile on his face.

"These two will have a strong bond, I can feel it. It is not a bond that can be explained or described. It transcends any earthly feeling, for theirs is a divine bond, and it will last until the end of the Earth."

Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 7 years ago
Res res
Unres

Januu 🤗
My Ram-Lakshman bonding In the womb sounds about right. Of course Shri Ram cannot do without His little Lakshman ❤️
And Bharat crying for Shatrughan ❤️
This is the most beautiful brother bonding ever 😃
I simply loved this :)
And you portrayed Lakshman's love for His brother so beautifully

Januu, write more will you? A lot more.

And this is the BEST SURPRISE ever!!
Thank youu 🤗
Edited by KrishnaPriyaa - 7 years ago
This is ethereal! Thank you for revealing these beautiful leelas of Rama!
And what else can I say? Sometimes not saying anything is best.

❤️❤️❤️
God this was so beautiful!! I simply loved the way you showed the brothers bonding over their cosmic relations! It gave me the feels! Beautiful!
di i have never read such a beautiful and divine OS in my life
and that too on my favorite lord ram's beloved lakshman,s birth
i loved the way you portrayed the divinity in the form of your writing
it was truly magical di

please write some more OS on ramayan
Awesome OS Janki didi😃
 I just loved the bonding of brothers❤️

Edited by Nonie12345 - 7 years ago