Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eccentrica thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

A fellow reader (Dee_J) read this story in a couple of hours and challenged me to follow suit. Always itching to win a bet, I took it up. 2 hours (and not even halfway into the story) later, I waved the white flag

The subject of morality stood out to me because of how you have incorporated it into the story. Even the staunchest person would let go off his/her values when it comes to blood relations. Not just because blood triumphs over everything else (haven't we had enough instances of that?), but also because the repercussions of siding with your moral compass can haunt you all your life, like they did for Arnav

I loved Arnav's character for the layers that you gave him (considering this was not a 'long' FF). His angst could very well have been categorized as self-pity, but you managed to keep it intact very well. After all, it is only the person who goes through an experience, knows that he has come out of it completely and irreversibly changed. Even his equation with his friends is marvelling. I wondered if his relationship with Lavanya was more because she loved him (right from the beginning) and had no relevance to whether he felt the same. Also, the scene with Aman when he lets his friend have that one moment which he has been pining for for years was extremely touching

Khushi's marital experience was a reminder of why the people you surround yourself with are important. Friends, family...they either make you a complete human being or chip off bits and pieces until you no longer recognize the person you have become. Khushi's case might have been extreme, but there are so many women out there who change beyond recognition just because adaptation is their responsibility

One never had a complaint about your ability to etch out secondary characters. This one was even better since I looked out to Aman or Anjali's presence more than Arnav or Khushi's.

I've liked all your stories; but this one is just on a different level. The reason I gave up on the above-mentioned bet was because I couldn't rush through the brilliance that the writing is. And I can understand when you said that this story took a toll on you; if it has a profound impact on the reader, one can only imagine what it must have been for the writer

P.S. What's the story behind the title?     

Dee_J thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Eccentrica

A fellow reader (Dee_J) read this story in a couple of hours and challenged me to follow suit. Always itching to win a bet, I took it up. 2 hours (and not even halfway into the story) later, I waved the white flag

😆

AquaSandhya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Here... and as always (like the rest of your works) the story off to a banging start.

so Aman is in love with his BF and the BF (best friend) loves him but not in love with him. Sister is desperate to understand their what the hell is on... more coz of the society.... hmmm... the playing for the court never seizes being important 

Money_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

That was damn good...currently i am reading all the stories you have written under your penname "sookie"..... i honestly feel this forum is not a place for you. you belong to some place way above this....you are way better than some of the so called "Professional" writers in cotemporary Indian english literature....Bang on....

Please include me in your PM list if you ever plan to write a new story in any show's forum. i seriously don't care about the couple as long as you are a writer....lots of love...❤️❤️

Eccentrica thumbnail

Originally posted by: Money_lover

That was damn good...currently i am reading all the stories you have written under your penname "sookie"..... i honestly feel this forum is not a place for you. you belong to some place way above this....you are way better than some of the so called "Professional" writers in cotemporary Indian english literature....Bang on....

Please include me in your PM list if you ever plan to write a new story in any show's forum. i seriously don't care about the couple as long as you are a writer....lots of love...❤️❤️

RB has a blog where you can read her other stories. DM me if you want the link

srilathas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hi i wouldlove to read her stories 

Kindly share the link

Eccentrica thumbnail

Originally posted by: srilathas

Hi i wouldlove to read her stories 

Kindly share the link

Check PM

twerping thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Came back to this story after ages. A silly talking point in the 9 years anniversary celebratory web chat between Gul and Barun+Sanaya reminded me of this story and its treatment of the concepts of crime and punishment. (ref: Would you call the cops if someone you love committed a murder.)

RockBarbie, this is truly a masterpiece. Despite the fact that one of the foundations of a civilisation is how it defines crime and that every society has an incredibly complicated and public process of dealing with 'crime' and meting out 'punishment', the actual crime and the punishment involved is at heart, something that is deeply personal. This story dwells on that at so many layers with so much nuance and poignancy. 

Reading this story after such a long time reminded me just how great fanfiction can be. Never stop writing!

Also, found your blog while going through the thread so really excited to read more from a writer with such a profound way of looking at life.